• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking to create a grand plot, inquire within!

Hello all,

I go by Maj and I’m looking for a creative forever partner. I’ve been role-playing for quite a long time and have written many genres over the years. I've have had the pleasure of doing so with a select group of people that I mesh well with. I value someone that I can not only write well with, but forge a friendship with as well. Sought after skills I look for in a partner is someone who wants long-term writing, enjoys worldbuilding, character development, and story development. I’m an adult male, and would also like my partner to be an of age female as well.

My posting style leans more on the novella, advanced literary side. I usually shoot for multiple paragraphs, but I also take into account what’s going on in the story, its pace, as well as my partner’s style of writing. Above all, quality over quantity, but I tend to prefer both. Correct spelling, decent punctuation, and grammar are a necessity. Mistakes happen, and I certainly make them, but we should be able to understand what we’re writing to each other.

I also enjoy grand plots and epics with the use of multiple characters (perhaps) and/or NPC's with the main characters anchoring the story. I’ve listed some genres that interest me below, as well as examples. I also prefer using original characters. I put a great deal of emphasis in worldbuilding before the writing begins, and it serves as a beloved part of the process for me. I also take pleasure in sharing a story, and not controlling it. Expectations should be a managed balance of storytelling between players. Lastly, life comes first. I'm an engineer and that takes a great deal of my time. Hopefully patience can be exercised when it comes to post frequency. I do push to post frequently, but my job as an engineer can be demanding at times.

In addition to all of that, as a personal favorite of mine, it's almost a guarantee that I'll photoshop characters, places, and things as a story progresses. I might even take out art commissions, as well as other media. I believe all this adds to the fun and uniqueness of what can be offered in an RP. Media, writing, and storyline examples are here. Now, on to the important stuff!

• Science Fiction / Cyberpunk
    • Aeon Trinity: Based off a White Wolf Cyberpunk setting, Trinity is set during a futuristic timeline that concerns earth, the known solar system, and beyond. It features humans with powers and abilities that are both heroes and villains, all while a world that's recovering from war continues to be governed and controlled by the most powerful corporations. Truly for fans of dystopian futures. I have a fairly decent world writeup of this roleplay for new writers.
    • Doom: This particular story is based off the game of the same name, which then became (in my opinion) one of the best science fiction novel reads I ever picked up. A quick synopsis would be military scientists finding alien runes on Mars. These runes are found to be gates of some sort, and these scientist manage to open them. From those gates pour out monsters that could be described as demons from hell. The battle starts on Mars, but then reaches Earth. All hell breaks out. Literally.
    • Matrix: Not much needs to be said about this one. The potential for roleplay before, during, or way after Neo's time is endless.
    • Mass Effect: If you aren't familiar with Mass Effect, it's considered one of the best sci-fi game RPG's of all time. It's a futuristic adventure that's both action-packed and political at heart. Humans, alien races, and entire galaxies are at play here. It sort of reminds me of Aeon Trinity in a way, minus the dystopia.
    • Starfield: Bethesda's latest and greatest. This universe could make for some great writing, and having played the game isn't needed. A quick read over the timeline can give anyone the gist of what the universe is all about.
  • Post-Apocalyptic / Survival
    • The Division: Based off a game by Tom Clancy and Ubisoft, the writing potential for this story is massive. On Black Friday in present day, a deadly viral epidemic, transmitted by a Smallpox-based virus planted on banknotes, sweeps through New York City. The disease, known as Green Poison or "The Dollar Flu", causes widespread chaos, and major cities across the United States are placed under quarantine. The U.S. Government activates sleeper agents in the population who operate for the Strategic Homeland Division (or simply "the Division") to assist emergency responders and the National Guard, now called the Joint Task Force (JTF), in restoring order.
    • War of the Worlds: Aliens. All the aliens. A good read and equally decent watch, War of the Worlds is a story of aliens looking to conquer earth for their own, while harvesting humans for several nefarious things. It features a world on the brink of human annihilation with pockets of resistance fighting back.
    • Fallout: Another story inspired by a game, Fallout: Baltimore is set in a post-apocalyptic, retro-futurist world following the Great War mainly between the US and China. The Great war was a conventional and nuclear war that occurred on October 23, 2077 and lasted less than two hours despite causing immense damage and destruction. I have a good foundation written for this Fallout story, but it can always be tuned to the needs of the writers. This one is as post-apocalyptic as it gets, and it reminds me of a Mad Max story set in the east coast of the US.
  • Modern Fantasy / Horror
    • World of Darkness: Based off one of the most prolific tabletop RPG's ever, in the World of Darkness setting, vampires, witches, mages, werewolves, and monsters of many different kinds are all living among humans. It's an entire supernatural world hidden in plain sight. I have a small writeup on what could be considered the basics of this setting, but it's so large and comprehensive that proper worldbuilding to condense it down for two writers, is imperative. I think it would be massively fun to mold this into our own.
  • Fantasy
    • Malloria: This setting is based off an RP I did with a group eons ago, and something I would love to resurrect. I've condensed it into something with a workable plot, starting NPC's, and references consisting of pictures and maps. As always, none of it is written in stone. The story and world can be changed to suit the needs of the writers. It's probably been my most favorite story I've ever had the pleasure of writing. It's deeply rooted in medieval fantasy, low-to-medium magic, and has an engaging storyline. Please consider this if it's up your alley.
    • Arlion: An unfinished, original world that could also get some love from the minds of some good writers.
  • Modern / Historical
    • Espionage: This is something that's definitely the product of binging Jack Ryan. War, political battles, and secrecy. Spies and intelligence agencies of the world all trying to push the agendas of their countries. However, something very new and dangerous is on the horizon that prompts a very shaky alliance between once warring agencies. Can animosities be pushed aside to accomplish the impossible? While the references to Jack Ryan are modern, a plot like this could easily fit in a historical setting.
If you have any suggestions for a plot all your own, I would love to hear it! I'm all for starting something from the ground up if nothing you see is your cup of tea. If you think we'd mesh well then please reply or throw a PM my way. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back