• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for roleplay shenanigans? (My partner search.)

firefly

Hello, roleplayers! My name is Laura, but you can call me Squiggy or firefly (my random username). I am 19 years old (but only for 18 more days!) and female. I used to roleplay a lot, but due to various reasons I haven’t for some time. Since then, I feel like I’ve really matured as a person and as a writer. So now I’d like to get back into the swing of things with your help! I’m honestly not sure exactly how the site works as far as roleplay forums go, so please excuse my noob-ness while I fumble around.

So before I list off some things I’m looking for, here’s a little about me:

• I’m in college and I work, so unfortunately I have to take breaks from the internet to live in the “real world.” Gross, right? But I will definitely try to get on to post at least once a day, more than that when the RP has a lot of momentum or I’m procrastinating homework.

• I’m still developing as a writer, and I would love to roleplay with someone who is also developing or is willing to help me get better.

• As a female, I instinctively play females best. But I am completely willing to play a male character, and I don’t mind doubling (either in the RP or in two separate stories). This is something we can talk about!

• I also prefer to play as older characters instead of teenagers, just because it’s easier for me.

• I love romance. I love to see it develop through the story. It’s not necessary, but I’m a sucker for it. I play mxf easiest, but I enjoy mxm from time to time and am open to trying fxf if you prefer it.

• I can be very detailed, but prefer simpler and shorter posts during dialogue or kick-ass action scenes. I think it makes the RP flow better than trying to force out six paragraphs and getting off track. If writing a lot comes naturally to you, that’s fine, as long as it makes sense for the moment!

• I’m a bit of a nerd, but I don’t think I’m worthy of being called a super nerd.

• I speak very basic Japanese.

• I love sweets. All of the sweets.

• Studio Ghibli is my favorite. We'll be great friends if it's yours too.

I think I got a little off topic there, but that’s me! Now on to my requests (not necessarily requirements, just things I think would make us more compatible):

• The ability to use decent grammar. I’m completely okay if English isn’t your first language, just as long as you’re trying and I can understand it.

• Ability to match my post length and post within reason. Don’t force a super long post if I doesn’t fit with the flow, but don’t give me just a couple of words to work from.

• I tend to get off plot sometimes and focus on other elements of the story, so it would be great if you had the ability to real me in. Or we can just get severely off plot together. Which can also be fun.

• Ability to (nicely) correct me or give me advice, and to take criticism in return. Also, if anything isn’t working for you, let me know and we can fix it. I’ll do the same in return!

• Somebody who can deal with a lot of exclamation marks in OOC situations (because, as you’ve probably discovered, I use an inappropriate amount of them).

• Basically I just want somebody who can give me what I can give them, which is flexibility. I love to write and roleplay, but I want this to be fun. We don’t need to take it too seriously all the time!

• Lastly, I want somebody who can be patient. I’m kind of going through a rough patch right now, and I’m hoping that roleplaying will be therapeutic for me. That said, my writing may not be stellar all the time, but I’ll always do my best. I need patience and kindness, and I will absolutely give you patience in return if anything comes up in your life.

I probably wrote way more than I should have, and I apologize for that. The tl;dr version: searching for awesome people to do awesome stuff!

And now on to actual ideas.

• I only know a few fandoms well enough to feel comfortable roleplaying them. I’m also crap at playing canon characters and plots. I prefer to use the universe and come up with my own story. I personally think it’s more fun to play with what could be, rather than what is. If your favorite fandom isn’t listed, tell me what it is and I’ll let you know if I could do it!

Studio Ghibli

• Castle in the Sky—For this, I would be most interested in exploring Laputa before it fell. I’ve never read Gulliver’s Travels so I’m unsure of what Laputian culture is in the book or if it’s anything like Miyazaki’s culture. If it is, let me know and we can work it out. Otherwise, we have pretty free reign!
    • Other movies—Castle in the Sky is my favorite, but I love all of the others. If you have a favorite and an idea, please let me know!

Steven Universe—Again, I don’t have any real plot yet. I think I’d like to most explore home world culture or maybe set the story during the war. I’m also fine with creating our own crystal gems to commence world-saving shenanigans.

Sword Art Online—This can involve canon characters, but I’d like to play as OCs in a parallel or alternate timeline.

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles—I think this really has endless possibilities, but I already have an idea for a driving conflict if you’d like to hear it.

Skyrim/Oblivion/Elder Scrolls Online

Assassin’s Creed—We can use an existing setting or unique setting with our own plot and characters. I just like the assassin vs. templar situation. (Do I smell Romeo and Juliet? No? Well, don’t blame me for trying.)

Hello there, fellow romance RP enthusiast!

While English isn't my first/second language, I do try my best to avoid making mistakes. It also makes it easier for me to write short posts with more information, but I have been trying to get into details for a while now.

I'm really interested in the 1st plot. I think I would have a good character for the artwork that comes to life (though she is a girl/looks like one, would it be ok for you to play male? If not I can always change characters, I'd prefer you to be comfortale with whatever you prefer, since I rarely have a preference ^^).

Hello! Castle in the Sky was the first movie that I enjoyed in the anime style that segwayed into me watching anime, so I think we will get along nicely (by the way, I got addicted to it, played songs on the piano and ocarina and everything) About your fandom with CITS, I think it sounds interesting! I'd also like doing the male part in your original series about the spaceship vanishing. Please pm me!

Hello! Thanks for your interest! To Cedric and Lapis, I'll pm both of you as soon as I get off work. I'd do it now but my phone is hanging by that 10% lifeline and I don't think it would survive. Technology is a joy but a curse.

Salutations. I'm Ashen Wraith, but you can call me Ash or Dusk. I'm trying to slowly work myself back into rping (life has given me hell recently) and I think we'd be good partners. I think I'm pretty decent at any gender and combination of said genders. I enjoy SG and Totoro was probably one of my first JP animations I watched. I'd be happy if you wanted to discuss an RP and see what happens.

I really thought I had 10 forum posts, but I guess I don't. Or I just don't know how to pm, which is an equally valid possibility. I also don't know how to quote everyone's posts, so again, forgive my new-ness. But I would love to roleplay with Lapis, Edric, and Ash if you guys want to pm me! Or even just tell me how to pm, because I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing.

I was really hoping to do the Steampunk Pygmalion plot with you but it looks like you've already got someone for that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're one under the requirement at only nine posts. Should be just click the members name and then click 'Start a Conversation'. Quotes are down at the bottom right of whatever post you wish to quote. Oh. Seems things have changed . . . You can select more than just one to quote and then down here near where you type your message, to the right of the 'Insert Bookmarks' button there will be an 'Insert Quotes' button that lets you do that. Hopefully that's not too confusing! I'll go ahead and be lazy and let you post once more and then you can send me a message to make sure it works, okay?

firefly said:
I really thought I had 10 forum posts, but I guess I don't. Or I just don't know how to pm, which is an equally valid possibility. I also don't know how to quote everyone's posts, so again, forgive my new-ness. But I would love to roleplay with Lapis, Edric, and Ash if you guys want to pm me! Or even just tell me how to pm, because I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing.

[QUOTE="Ashen Wraith]Looks like you're one under the requirement at only nine posts. Should be just click the members name and then click 'Start a Conversation'. Quotes are down at the bottom right of whatever post you wish to quote. Oh. Seems things have changed . . . You can select more than just one to quote and then down here near where you type your message, to the right of the 'Insert Bookmarks' button there will be an 'Insert Quotes' button that lets you do that. Hopefully that's not too confusing! I'll go ahead and be lazy and let you post once more and then you can send me a message to make sure it works, okay?

[/QUOTE]
Ohhh, okay, that makes sense! I found the quote button, but I couldn't figure out how to actually put it in my post. I wasn't sure if it was just automatic or anything. That's actually pretty simple. Thanks!

Hmmm, I have 11 posts, but I'm still not seeing any option to start a conversation. I'll give it another shot tomorrow when I'm not tired and frustrated. Thanks for your help though!

Last edited by a moderator:
The SAO one sounds cool. I would have to stick to the worlds in the first season. and even then I'd have to rewatch it, but I would like to try it out. Haven't done a parody of anything like that.

firefly said:
Ohhh, okay, that makes sense! I found the quote button, but I couldn't figure out how to actually put it in my post. I wasn't sure if it was just automatic or anything. That's actually pretty simple. Thanks!
Hmmm, I have 11 posts, but I'm still not seeing any option to start a conversation. I'll give it another shot tomorrow when I'm not tired and frustrated. Thanks for your help though!
No problem! Things have changed so it was good for me to figure then it as well. Though I'm not sure what's up with your PMs. If it doesn't work today then just let me know and I'll start it instead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back