• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for players for two games of mine (Rifts and Robotech)

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone. Thanks for dropping in and taking a look at this post.

I have two Palladium system games that I would like to add some players to:

First, a 2e Robotech game. It has been going on for a long time, and I'm down to just three players posting. I'd like to add one or two people to that one and fill out the squadron a bit.

The second is a Rifts Ultimate Edition game. I have had a few players drop out due to time constraints, and I'd like to get another one to three people in that one. I want to be able to throw the group into a fight with a bunch of nasties, and I'm having to dial back the danger level of the encounters I have planned due to losing people.

If you are not very familiar with the system involved, don't worry. I can help teach you enough of the basics to be able to enjoy the game while I focus on the rules crunch. I've taught many different players over the years that I've posted here, and have had a great time doing so. Just as long as you are able to contribute with your ideas and fresh perspective, that is all I am looking for.

I took a peek at you Robotech game, and it looked like a lot of fun. I haven't seen it in some time, but I do remember loving it. So I would need to go through a few refreshers to get back up to speed.

As for dice games, I'm familiar enough with the concept, enough to be able to be able not be too confused by the basics.

Narrative roleplay in general is something I have had plenty of experience in. So ideas and fresh perspectives are things I can offer quite easily. Two things I'm always happy to contribute.

I'd love to learn more about what you are looking for in players and char, as well as pacing, posting frequency, detail and post length, etc.

Sherwood Sherwood

Thanks for the interest! Right now, I only have two players posting, so things are pretty wide open as to what you can play. I have a bunch of stuff in the character thread already set up for character creation, so all you need to do is pick your attribute and MOS package.

The team has an npc that is their radio operator, so at the moment they are covered for that role. If you have any questions, feel free to either PM me or post on our OOC thread.

I'm slightly interested in dice roleplaying, but I really have NO experience or knowledge about it at all. If you'd be willing to teach and guide me, I'd be pretty willing to join your groups!

I'm slightly interested in dice roleplaying, but I really have NO experience or knowledge about it at all. If you'd be willing to teach and guide me, I'd be pretty willing to join your groups!
First off, thank you for the interest!

Next question, are you looking to join in just one or both games? I have openings in both right now.

If you are interested in the Rifts game, that one has a whopping amount of options available to the players to pick from. In order to help you with a character, I just need to know what kind of character class you are interested in. Rifts is a multi-dimensional setting with literally hundreds of classes, so if you are looking for a archaic style paladin, a gun toting warrior, a spellcaster, or a full cyborg/robot, it can accommodate that.

Robotech has fewer options from which to choose, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

I think Rifts is more my style. Unfortunately, I'm pretty close-minded to the mech/technology side of books, tv, anime, roleplay, etc.

I would say I'm likely to role a warrior/barbarian/berserker, but I wouldn't mind being given a sort of premade of ANY class and seeing what I can do with that! I think that would be fun.

I am thinking that there are a couple of good classes that I could suggest. One is called a Cyber Knight. Picture a gun-toting paladin with some psionic powers to be able to cloud technology from being able to hit/attack you.

The other idea I could suggest is a Anti-Monster; a magical full cyborg that can regenerate damage done to you over time. Very strong and tough, but with the downside that it doesn't have as much growth to it except for the equipment you can pick up.

Well, I have an Anti-Monster written up and done for a player that didn't decide to join, or I can continue with the Cyber Knight. Which would you prefer?

Whichever is easiest for you or more exciting for the group! Honestly I don't mind either. They'll both be attempts into something new for me. So pick which would be best, or let the group decide which they'd like to adventure with.

It would be less work for me to just pull out the Anti-Monster, since it is already complete. If I stick with the Cyber Knight, I will have to write it up from scratch. Either one would work well for this game, and I was planning on introducing you at a higher level to keep you from being too far behind the rest of the party.

Sounds great to me. I'll do my best to prepare a character sheet when I get the time to (I'm currently on lunch at work, and have to help family unpack after work).

Unless you made a character sheet already, that is. I'm not sure how much you've put into the existing Anti-Monster.

Outstanding. Do you have any preference in what you'd like to play?

I have two Atlantian characters, so nothing that is a supernatural evil creature, like a vampire or a demon. Also, there are a lot of magic users and Dbees, so a Coalition character would be out of place unless you are on the run.

That will work. Do you need a link to the game threads?

Hey, I was looking around for some other dice rps. And was wondering what your Rifts rp is exactly?

Rifts is a post-apocalyptic setting where there is both high technology and magic in use across the world. Using the same system as the Robotech games you are in, there are literally scores of available races and classes to play. Depending on what kind of character you'd like to play, I can help set you up with a sheet, and I can share PDFs of my books with you so you can read up on the details of the class you are looking at.

Lol definitely a lot of choice. Looking over the handbooks will definitely help clarify things.

What is the story and setting of the rp? It will be easier to come up with a char concept that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back