• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Partner - WW2 Family Drama

Tkalec

Wannabe Economist
I have decided to recycle an old idea I had a while back, when I was still on a different RP site. Everything will be explained in detail in the following paragraphs (and an extra link containing even more information). Since I will only be doing this for one person, 'it is first come, first serve'.

Type of RP

This is a 'Free-Choice' RP, or an 'ISRP' (Interactive Story Role Play). The 'free-choice' and 'interactive story' brand implies a fair amount of freedom you have in this type of RPs. I always like to draw an example from the 'Dungeons and Dragons games' which always have one game master (a role I will assume), with complete control of the world the characters reside in, but the characters themselves decide what to do. The GM only determines the outcomes of these actions and presents the characters with a world they themselves can explore.

Therefore, to sum it up, a 'Free-Choice' RP is a type of role play where you, as a participant, decides what to do and how to do it. I decide the outcomes of these choices. Together, we make a story. I act as the world and all the characters and events in it, and you are the player controlling only one character. Your decisions always matter of course and the story progresses accordingly!

Genre

WW2, family, drama

Premise

You assume the role of a bartender in German occupied territory during the Second World War. The story takes place in Zagreb, Kingdom of Yugoslavia, and it begins the very moment the Germans enter the city. The bartender must keep himself and his family alive during the four year occupation of the city until its liberation.

You are free to side with any faction or remain neutral (which might prove difficult under the circumstances). It is entirely up to you and the story will shape accordingly. Expect a lot of morally gray decisions, depictions of the horrors of war from the perspective of an ordinary person caught up in it.

Wholesome information about the plot, backstory and characters http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.wjlQuikXH6J/latest

*This is a read only version of the piratepad that I can edit at all times. It contains most of the relevant information about the actual RP. It was written by me, two years ago and after randomly finding it again, I have decided to relaunch this RP. It is available to the participant at all times, as it indexes all the people and locations the character has discovered, plus it contains a lot of other info.

A little bit about me

I can never describe myself in a truly objective fashion, but I can still give a broad image. I am an economics student, University of Zagreb. I consider myself to be a pragmatic person. Writing has been a fascination of mine for quite some time. I have been a member of this site for about a year and a half, but made a long break from RP-ing up until recently to due my studies. RPed on many different sites, but not quite that much on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back