• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for New Partners

martyryourself

Hello all,

I have recently joined this site to find new writing partners. I have two specific plots I'm interested in pursuing, but first a couple guidelines. *If you see other posts by me, please defer to this one. My other threads have various issues with them*

- Please be 19+. No offense, just personal preference. I'm 22 and it's more comfortable for me if you're in a similar age range.

- I'm looking for someone willing to drive a plot with me. I don't want someone just responding to the scenarios I create, throw some twists my way. My favorite thing about collaboration is responding to your unexpected input. Communicate things with me, I can't know what to do better if you aren't giving me useful feedback. More than just roleplay, I'm looking for something closer to a writing partner. I want to be able to workshop plots and characters and build up my writing skills.

- Cut me some slack, I'm happy to do the same for you. My life gets really hectic, I can't promise immediate responses, but I will get back to you daily. At the very least I will always let you know if I am unavailable.

- My mains are always females and I'm most comfortable with someone who uses male main characters. If I like what you have to offer though, I might consider fxf pairings as well, we can talk. For side characters, of course, I do whichever gender seems applicable.

- Boundaries: Character romance is one thing, but I don't do smut. I do like including pairings in my plotlines, but what I really crave is a good story, where relationships are slowly built up with the plot. Characters don't instantly fall for eachother, especially with the plots I prefer. Most importantly, these are characters for me, I exclusively work in third person.

- Story elements I'm into: enemies turned partners, secret backstories/mystery elements, double agents, main character tragedies, playful agression, psychological twists, action/fight scenes, situations.

- Finally, length requirements are so limiting, but I do expect you to be making an attempt to match what I'm putting in. I like hovering around two paragraphs, but I also understand situations where you just wont need to include the amount I do (or vice versa).

I'm willing to be flexible and I'm excited to find someone to create a really captivating story with! Here's what I'm working on, in both I am looking for a male character, but if you have tweaks or ideas I'd be willing to hear them. These are pretty rough outlines to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. If you are interested, please feel free to private message me, I will see it faster than a thread reply. I'm also open to hearing what you're interested in writing, although note I hardly do anything fandom related (save for a couple videogame settings I'd entertain...):

Plot 1 [Futuristic]: The setting is a futuristic time where individual cities are controlled by militia leaders, often fighting for territory. Y/C is rough, but an effective leader and devoted to protecting his city. M/C is a medic for one of his more aggressive opponents. After a recent attack she is left behind, and although Y/C tries to offer help, she refuses to believe she was abandoned. Y/C starts to like her company however, and enjoys the challenge of proving her wrong, so he puts her to work for him, hoping the more time she spends in his city, the more corrupt she'll realize her old leader really was. Will M/C be convinced to willingly joing Y/C or will she stab him in the back?

Plot 2 [Fantasy]: M/C has become the leader of a rebel group fighting against a tyrannical king. Y/C is a brutal captain on the king's gaurd, sent undercover to kidnap the rebel leader. By offering them help as a soldier, Y/C finds his way into the rebel village. The more he works with their leader however, the more he starts to respect her command and even develop feelings. Side characters threaten to out Y/C and the king's impatience for results puts even more pressure on him. Which side will Y/C take to? What will happen if someone else reveals him before he comes clean?

Last edited:
Hey, I like everything you’ve got so far and want to work on some plotting. Your more than welcome to check out my plots while I get my act together this morning.

Hello
I honestly got to "Boundaries" and instantly thought... I need to roleplay with this person.
I grow so tired of rushed relationships when my favorite part is the tension/chase during the story development.

Either one of your plots, I can create a character for, it just depends on what you want the most. I would love to read your starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back