• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking For Historical Roleplays

SandraDeelightful

Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee
Hello! I've been in the mood for some historical roleplays (okay, I'm always in the mood for historical roleplays). I like detailed roleplays, with at least four to five paragraphs per response. I do have some plots in mind, but I'm open to anything between medieval to the 1960's. I only do MxF roleplays and I prefer to play female, though I do play male side characters.

The Highwayman
(1800's)
Muse A is a wealthy young woman traveling with her family. Muse B is a fearsome highwayman. When Muse B holds up Muse A's carriage. Upon not finding as much money as he wants, Muse B kidnaps Muse A and holds her for ransom. However, as he holds her prisoner, the two begin to fall in love. (I would like to be Muse A)

The Doctor's Niece
(1850's)
Muse A is a young woman, and the ward of her uncle, a doctor. Her station is not ideal, and no one in the village knows who her parents are, not even Muse A. Her uncle has been hiding the fact that she is a bastard. Muse A has grown up near a large manor, the home of a lord and lady. As a child, she had grown up friends with their children. As she grows older, she falls for Muse B, their eldest son and heir. Muse B falls for her as well. However, both are well aware that their stations will not allow them to be together. Especially considering how Muse B's family is running out of money, and are likely to lose their lavish lifestyle. However, neither of them can hide their feelings for each other. Muse B is constantly having rich heiresses thrust upon him, and Muse A herself, is an heiress, though she doesn't know it. (I would like to be Muse A)

The Gilded Age
(1870's)
Muse A is an Irish immigrant who works in a factory to provide for herself and for her younger sister. Muse B is the son of the factory owner, being trained to take over the business. One day, Muse A and Muse B meet and they strike up a friendship. As their friendship continues to grow, they begin to fall in love, but their differences in class, as well as the fact that Muse B is to marry a wealthy heiress, keep them apart. (I would like the be Muse A)

La Belle Époque
(1890's)
Muse A is a struggling artist, living in Paris. Muse B is a young woman who has fallen on hard times. The two meet, and begin a friendship, Muse A using Muse B as his muse. They begin to fall in love, but as Muse A's career begins to take off, his relationship with Muse B suffers. (I would like to play Muse B)

Forgotten
(1910's)
Muse A is a maid to Muse B's family. As Muse A works for his family, she and Muse B strike up a friendship, and as time goes by, they fall in love. However, things change with the start of World War I. They decide to marry in secret the day before they go off to war. That night they consummate their marriage and say their goodbyes. Soon after, Muse A discovers she is pregnant, and that Muse B disappears. Muse B is later assumed dead. After Muse A's pregnancy is discovered, she is fired, but she stays near the manor. Years later, by the end of the war, she is struggling to support herself and her daughter. One day Muse A sees Muse B, however, he doesn't recognize her, and Muse A discovers that he has lost his memory. (I would like to be Muse A)

A Heart Divided
(1920's)
Muse A is the daughter of a mob boss, though she is completely ignorant to the ways of the mob. She meets Muse B who is the son of a rival mob, as well as the heir. One day, they meet, and they strike up a friendship, completely ignorant as to who the other is. As they continue to see each other, they begin to fall in love. (I would like to be Muse A)

Stage Mother
(1930's)
Muse A is a famous actress, controlled by her mother. On her new movie, she meets Muse B a set worker, and the two become good friends, and soon they fall in love. But Muse A's mother thinks that she should be focusing on her work and the two begin to see each other secretly. (I would like to be Muse A)​

I'm down for any of the plots starting with 1890s. I like La Belle Epoque, Forgotten, and Stage Mother the best. <3

Hey! I'm very interested in the Stage Mother and A Heart Divided settings! Are you still open to roleplay with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back