• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy looking for GM for gothic horror fantasy weirdness (OR: the joys of giving some guy a really bad time)

oopsallteeth

an introduction to myself (or: what kind of weirdo would even ask for this?)

hello! my name is vincent, and i've been itching for something kind of... out there? but before we get into that, some stuff about myself:

• 20 years old; would prefer for my fellow roleplayers to be 18+
  • i live in GMT, though my sleep schedule is a little erratic
  • currently a full-time student!
  • i write multi-para to novella, usually about 3-7 paragraphs. would prefer if you did the same!
  • i tend to be a little disorganised, so please give me time for replies! that said, i am also very enthusiastic about chatting about the roleplay ooc and planning things out!
  • i'm not really used to using coding or providing face claims, sorry!

what exactly am i looking for?
this is where it gets weird. in essence, i'm looking for someone to fulfil the role of a GM and let my character explore a weird, gothic world under the guidance of some unknowable horror (preferably some eldritch, fallen god). i want to help build that sort of world, explore how my guy and his patron will interact both in terms of their relationship and the changes their magic and influence have on him, and generally throw him into terrible and strange situations with monsters and powerful figures with secrets to hide. i already have a specific character in mind for my guy, and i'll tell you about him if we click- it's everything surrounding him and what happens to him that i want to play around with!

some potential influences i'd like to draw from:
  • bloodborne
  • gothic horror
  • misc. eldritch horror (your lovecrafts, kings in yellows, etc.)
  • folk/fairy tales
  • warlock/patron dynamics from DnD
  • bit of an obscure one, but seeking mr. eaten's name from fallen london, at least in the sense of being 'haunted' by something unknowable/'a reckoning cannot be postponed indefinitely'
  • innistrad from MTG
  • maybe a little of silent hill

some elements i'd like to include:

• surreal/nightmare environments
  • body horror! as much as you feel comfortable with adding
  • slow investigation/revelations; about the nature of certain entities, about plans, etc
  • anachronistic settings! having a setting where dreary gothic london-esque streets can co-exist with stories of knights and witches in the woods is always fun, i feel
  • exploring stuff like deicide and complicated relationships between gods and followers
  • dramatic epithets/titles. sorry, i can't get enough of them

what i'm not really looking for:
  • fandom settings or rpf- sorry! this just isn't that sort of roleplay!
  • a lack of worldbuilding- i feel like building the world is an important part of this whole thing
  • a lack of communication or discussion OOC. please, feel free to toss anything at me! ideas, aesthetics, songs you think would fit- just don't give me nothing!
  • romance-focused writing: if there's an appropriate way to slip in romance, i might be open to playing with it. but i really, really don't want it to be the focus.
if you're interested at all, please feel free to drop me a message! sorry about this being weird and specific! have a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back