• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Five Mature, Literate Rpers

BookWyrm

Carpe Librum
Disclaimer!
I'm an adult male INTJ-A. I'm dry/sarcastic and brutally honest. More than likely I will come off like an asshole to some with what I have to say. Do not take anything said below as a personal attack against you. I'm sure all of you are lovely people in your own right. I'm just very, VERY specific with the type of RPers I'm looking for.

Note:
If the Disclaimer above bothers you in anyway, feel free to leave this thread. More than likely it wouldn't have worked out anyway. No, no, it's not you. It's probably me. No, I don't want a hug.

Second Note:
If you are still around, congrats. I promise you that things are going to get smoother the further you read. If you happen to PM with interest, tell me what your favorite non-chain restaurant is.
If you don't know what the difference between a chain restaurant and a non-chain restaurant is, we can't be friends. It'd probably be for your best to leave the thread now.

Final Note:
All of these rules apply to myself first and foremost. I would never ask something of someone that I would not willingly submit to as well.​

1. (Time to be an asshole again) I'm quite positive that many of you have come to expect this but it goes without saying that I have expectations for the literacy/grammar of those I RP with. I'm not going to just take time out of my schedule to create a world from scratch only to see if flounder and fail because of something as minute as poor grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure. Of course I know that no one is perfect. (This includes myself) Typos and mistakes are anticipated and factored into the equation. Nonetheless I would very much like to see a level of skill and precision in wordsmithing with my fellow RPers.
  2. I will not tolerate plot hijacking or any kind. That is a quick way to get booted and replaced. That isn't to say that I don't enjoy collaborating on plots/arcs, and obviously if you desire a character specific arc I'm all ears, but secondary plots/arcs are just that; Secondary. Again, I'm taking time to create this content. I'd like it to be respected.
  3. On the topic of Plot lines and Arcs, this is NOT, by any means, a romantically focused story. If you are looking for that, or are considering trying to Hijack my plot to turn it that way, I will find boot+replace you.
  4. On the topic of Romance; I do believe it can add to a story and be a very fulfilling plot to follow. But please, by the beards of Antiquity, don't force it. Don't force it on me. Don't force it on someone else. Don't force it on that cow in the field down the street. No one wants forced love.
  5. Obviously the topic of Romance segways into my next point; Absolutely NO NSFW content. You know what I'm talking about. Don't post anything that'll get the admins swinging banhammers around. I will boot+replace you faster than you can type Shakespeare. (Don't try me.)
  6. This isn't a request. I only want RP partners who are 18+
  7. This will be a long term RP, and therefore I ask that you understand that commitment. Please do not take it lightly.
  8. Last but not least, I'm an adult with a full time job, relationship/social life, personal obligations, cat, hobbies, etc. Sometimes I'll be available daily, other times I won't pop in but once a week. My availability can change within hours, sometimes minutes. I also deal with sometimes very debilitating depression and other related issues. (Thankfully treatment is going well) I would greatly appreciate a level of maturity and understanding when circumstances call for it, and I will most certainly (and gladly) extend the same to you.

Now that those are out of the way, time for some fun.
PS
If you have made it this far, tell me what your favorite place to get sketchy take out is. We all have that one place that we know will probably kill us one of these days, but something about the food is just too good to resist, even if it is sketchy.
  1. I'm always down to get to meet/know new people. OOC can be a awkward and hilarious and I completely embrace it
  2. I absolutely welcome collaboration for story, setting, and world-building...within a certain extent. Obviously some things will be set in stone, but if you have an idea please feel free to voice it. Just know ahead of time that it may or may not come to fruition.
  3. My RPs tend to be narrative focused and character driven. I love taking a group of unique individuals, putting them in a fascinating setting, and seeing what happens.
  4. Yes, this will be a long term RP, but I plan out narrative/plot in Arcs. There will be breathing points and down time. Part of the fun is letting your characters rest, relax, and romp around. Hell, sometimes random character shenanigans end up producing amazing story arcs of their own.
  5. As much as I expect quality content, I do not require quantity. I do ask for regular responses, but rapid fire this is not. If you can get a quality post in once a day or once every other day I'll be content.
All in all I want this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Yes, I take writing and story telling seriously, but if in the end no one enjoyed themselves then we were not successful.

I would like to make one more general statement.

I WILL ONLY REPLY TO PMS. ANY COMMENT ON THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED.

Are you still reading this?
Excellent!
You are probably wondering what my RP ideas is.
Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Just kidding

Overall the setting is my own personal spin on the traditional pseudo-medieval. The story will focus on a group of YA/NA age ranged characters being "drafted" into their nations Gendarmie, a form of National Guard. Before you ask, no, this is not a Military Academy/University RP. Gendarmies existed in the Medieval times to serve and protect their community. I looked at the idea and thought, "Hey, what if you add in magic and fantasy? You have a pretty neat excuse for an adventure fantasy story with that one."

So no, this isn't an Academy story per say. It's more of my own personal take on the stereotypical Adventure fantasy, but with younger characters, so that there is plenty of room for growth and story longevity. Anyways, I'm still hashing out all of the details. I just wanted to post this recruitment thread to see if anyone would take the bait.

Cheers​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back