• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for fellow word-eaters and text-vomiters.

AnonymousRaine

No Good, Two-Timing Dame
And here is hoping for any shouts in return in the endless void that is the internet. ;)

Call me Raine. I write, draw, photograph, sew, cook, many things, but I'm here for the first one. In my mid-twenties (urk!), full-time work, part-time school, I've got a dog, a cat-and-a-half and a significant other that may as well count as a child.

Lets start with the basics of my requests (with explanations!):

- We each play our own characters. : )

I will play anything. You will play anything you bloody well please. Totally up for general requests but by and large my characters are mine and yours are ours and I ask we each respect that, no "can you make him fall in love with her?" or "could she be more of a prankster?" or etc.

- Love, romance, whatever, if it happens naturally!

Romance, love it! Just like it to be natural, not planned. If the characters wind up seeing something in one another, let 'em play it out. Always open to it, I'd just rather not plan for it to be a part of a story. On the other hand, things may end up platonic...sometimes, it just isn't meant to be. Not every story needs bits to collide, lets be alright with that!

- I write 400-600 words average (5ish paragraphs?? I paragraph weird.) Can you write similar?

I write a lot. :D Words are so tasty I just spit them up all over the place, I've eaten so many. When I'm inspired, my crazy record was 4k words and when I'm just plain feeling it...1-2k. I'd never ask anyone to match this unless they naturally have the inspiration, but I do ask I get a few paragraphs in response at least. As usual, quality over quantity. ^_^

- Always strive to improve.

Writing is a skill, a talent, not just an escape. Treat it like one! When someone writes a good post, I'll damn well tell them so. Do the same! Every time I write I'm trying to weave a story, paint with words, whatever you want to call it. I want to do better and better, I want to impress you and hone my talents...for the pure joy of it and satisfaction of writing something I'm proud of. Lets improve together!

- I'll write whatever/whoever.

Male, female, in the middle, elves, high fantasy, modern fantasy, historic,sci-fi and space ships, bad boy, awkward girl, anthros (<3), first person (TRY IT YOU'LL LOVE IT), third person...I don't care. But as my first request, lets come up with these on our own (unless we previously have agreed to a pairing of some sort.) Keep in mind though, just because I'm open to anything doesn't mean I'm feeling it right that second...but lets work together! We should both go back and forth to come up with plot, not just one of us! We'll find something we both are sure to enjoy.

- Don't just say things. Write things. As has been said, words have meaning: use all of them, not just a few.

It isn't just what the story is about, to me, it's how it's written. I like to take care in my phrasing and word choice and pretty descriptions and etc. It's fun! It's atmospheric!

- Make the world breathe.

Things happen in real life, unplanned. Not everything goes your way, it starts to rain during picnics, that waitress keeps giving you the stink-eye and who the hell knows why, and sometimes you get called into work at a really awkward time and that time of day there's this really crazy homeless guy that shouts at the bus driver and holds everyone up...

What I'm getting at, is throw things in there, stir the pot. THIS is how I best find plot is made: surprise yourself, your characters and your partner. Not everything has to go according to plan; and if I give you something like this? Don't ignore it because it 'gets in the way' of the 'main plot'! Have fun with it, that's what this is about, right? If someone winds up calling the cops on your characters during a heist...well, that turns it into a pickle, doesn't it? Maybe you DO wind up in jail...how do you get out? Give character plot A, side track them with B, let them fix the derailment and see what they learn in the process. : )

To quote Raymond Chandler, "
In noveling, when in doubt, have two guys come through the door with guns."

- Frequent poster here!

I like to write. A LOT. More posts a day, the better! I am available very often, mostly during the day (I DO work, I just have internet access and the industry is on a slowdown, so...lots of look-busy time!) So I hope that whoever answers this maybe posts at least once a day? : ) I like the instant-message style instant back-and-forth, maybe 15-30 30-45 minutes average for each post, for hours on end but again I don't expect that in return, I know it's a rare taste and ability given that most folks have jobs/school/etc.

- I love chatting.

About anything. So not a requirement, but I'd love to make friends with whoever I write with. I find if we do there's a much better foundation for actually writing as well, we can plot and communicate much better.

- PM, forum, Etherpad, e-mail...

I'll write any way you wish!

- I liek to draw.

Not saying I'm super duper good but it's a favorite past time and if we RP, I guarantee you that will become a muse for me. So I'd love to share my doodles of our characters and story with you but if you don't want me to just holler and das coo' too.

- PM me with any questions you may have!

I'm also happy to provide samples if you wish, from recent writing ventures of any type.

---

I, uh, think that's it then! Please, I'd love to receive PMs or posts back from anyone interested. Tell me what you're looking to write lately, the vaguer the better. ^_^ Things that jump right out to me right now are:

Super totally awesome things Raine loves.

(I've taken out my List o' Interests because I'm finding people are largely going by 'we have similar interests' instead of 'we have similar methodologies'. IMO the latter comes before the former: if we don't get along as writers, it doesn't much matter if we both like a certain setting or style or whatnot. : ) )

But please, please, please, send me suggestions! I have so many interests, I can't just throw them all in a list here, it'd be ridiculously overwhelming. :D We can undoubtedly work together and find some interesting, common thread to plot from.

Lovely to meet you all, and I hope very much to receive replies!

Best wishes,

- Raine

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we would be fantastic partners! I can agree with you on most everything you said and think we could possibly be on the same writing level. I am younger, not even out of high school yet, but age doesn't matter in my opinion. It would be great if we could chat!

I usually do more modern plots, but I am a fan of lengthy, detailed replies and thought out characters! And I'm usually a fast partner. I'd love to work with you on some ideas!

You! My friend are awesome! I am totally interested in 1930's 1940's crime Noir! I match what my partner writes! Message me!

I'd like to rp with you if you're interested ^_^ I think my average is a bit shorter than yours, but I generally hit at least 3 paragraphs (and usually will go longer when characters aren't engaged in a rapid conversation). I enjoy all of the settings you listed, so whatever you are in the mood for is fine by me. I'm pretty good with coming up with plots based on characters, and character development is my favorite thing about roleplays.

It's pretty cool that you go to Renaissance fairs. I do the same thing, only the time period is Victorian and there's a lot of dancing involved xD But being involved in reenacting is definitely a lot of fun. I've recently been catching up on some literature about medieval times (Arthurian Legends and related stories), and think that would be fun to reenact too. It's cool that people get together to celebrate all kinds of different time periods.

Anyways, let me know if you're interested and I'll shoot you a PM ^_^ Or send me one if you can.

Hi, Raine!

Unfortunately I don't have the prerequisite number of posts to be able to PM you quite yet--but I'm very interested in role playing with you, if you haven't already been inundated with requests.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a little bit out of practice (I haven't role played in a long while, though I have several years of experience), but I believe I meet most, if not all, of your criteria. My average post length closely mirrors yours and of course, the more you give me, the more I can give you. I'm a sucker for a good fantasy story and I have a lot of experience with D&D (and other related systems), so I would love to craft an epic tale with you!

Of course, it's only fair that I warn you that I may not be able to reply as often as you might like. I'm a full-time college student with a full-time job as well as various other commitments, so I often find myself crunched for time. However--and this, I promise--I will always make an honest attempt at getting at least one response out per day. If I can't do it, I'll let you know--and if you don't hear from me, you won't find me posting elsewhere.

That said, my weekends tend to be open and I will likely be able to write multiple responses in one day.

Please let me know if you're interested in writing with me. I look forward to it!

Hello Raine it's nice to meet you. I'm Ziva I just started yesterday due to the help of my friend @StoneWolf18. I am hoping to meet some people who have the same sort of likes as I do. As I said I am new to this so I'm sorry if I mess up sometimes. But I hope that you can answer me and if you are still taking partners can you private message me because then I will know.

By the way sometimes I don't answer for a while because I am in school.

Thanks hope to speak with you later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for something that could push me to write during the summer, and hopefully this may be it. I'll be in my second year in high school this fall (such fetus) but I love descriptive writing. I tend to stick to a modern universe, but I've never had any experiences outside of it, so I'm up for anything. I've had previous RP experience, but not much advanced, detailed RPing meant to help push writing skill.

Your paragraphs seem amazing (cause I've never written anything "good" longer than maybe 1/4K words) and I want to develop my love again. (Lost inspiration :S )

So yeah, I hope we can get in touch soon, Raine.

We both seem to have a very similar approach to writing, so I would love to discuss this with you! I'm more comfortable with modern plots, but I'm certainly willing to discuss several things with you.

I'm going to be a college junior when August comes around, and I have a part time job. I don't do much over the summer, so I'll be around pretty often!

I'm interested! I can match with what you write, and I'm willing to work on some plots with you. I prefer more realistic roleplays if that's a start that's all right with you?

Frequent poster was the thing that caught my eye the most! I love to match paragraph lengths as it really challenges me to see if I can use more words to describe how my character feels or what they are experiencing in the world that was created.

I also hate most romances that aren't natural created like if some characters get to hasty and try to flirt all the time, I can see it as a joking triat for someone. But if they are serious I hate it and it is in almost every role play I see. I just want a normal platonic relationship unless it grows to actually be more.

Recently I have been craving a high fantasy role play, something like Kingdom Hearts, or Like Square Enix lesser know tittle The World Ends With You. I jsut love that game and how its plot was so great, how one character had to be put through so much, like he was put into a 3 week hell of sorts. Then after everything he gets another week and finally he is released and give a second chance in life. That story brings me to tears every time, and I wish to create something like that.

Zaxs said:
Frequent poster was the thing that caught my eye the most! I love to match paragraph lengths as it really challenges me to see if I can use more words to describe how my character feels or what they are experiencing in the world that was created.
I also hate most romances that aren't natural created like if some characters get to hasty and try to flirt all the time, I can see it as a joking triat for someone. But if they are serious I hate it and it is in almost every role play I see. I just want a normal platonic relationship unless it grows to actually be more.

Recently I have been craving a high fantasy role play, something like Kingdom Hearts, or Like Square Enix lesser know tittle The World Ends With You. I jsut love that game and how its plot was so great, how one character had to be put through so much, like he was put into a 3 week hell of sorts. Then after everything he gets another week and finally he is released and give a second chance in life. That story brings me to tears every time, and I wish to create something like that.
I prefer to have roleplays that just go with the flow as well. Romance is fine with me, planned or not, but the absence of romance is also equally welcome.

I'm not very good at fantasy roleplays, seeing as I don't really play video games or anything like that. If you're still interested we can come up with something though?

natluvsdogs said:
I prefer to have roleplays that just go with the flow as well. Romance is fine with me, planned or not, but the absence of romance is also equally welcome.
I'm not very good at fantasy roleplays, seeing as I don't really play video games or anything like that. If you're still interested we can come up with something though?
Sure if that's what you would like, but at the moment I am kind of drained on creativity. I am not sure what else I feel like role playing, besides the craving for something like Kingdom hearts.

Zaxs said:
Sure if that's what you would like, but at the moment I am kind of drained on creativity. I am not sure what else I feel like role playing, besides the craving for something like Kingdom hearts.
Do you like action roleplays?

I'll keep this at its briefest, Mr. Raine.

I find myself interested in writing with you.

So, if you're free right now, do PM me, that's just about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back