• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Exalted 1rst Edition

TorvusVulpes

I'm new to the server but i'm looking for one or more to play a game of 1rst edition exalted mostly cause i have all the source material for that particular series. I haven't had much experience in pen and paper roleplaying games quite in the way i would have wanted so i'm hoping to find a storyteller and at least one of two other companions to run a game with so i can get some appropriate experience so i can play and gm with my friends in real life. I also have books for various other white wolf games particularly Werewolf the apocalypse, Vampire the Requiem, New World of Darkness core book and Promethean the created.

I'm running a World of Darkness game right now, but Exalted seems cool too. It's not really my style of play though, and that's why I tend to avoid it. 1st Edition seems better than 2nd at least.

but either way thats wonderful i can try to gm the story if you'd rather me do it, but i'll have to find my flashdrive that had my major material in it because i had to reset my laptop a couple days ago

i mean thats fine i've got all the source material so it wouldn't be too hard even though in my opinion my gming ability is terrible lol but can't get anywhere without actually doing it lol

As for everything i need to decided where in this psychotic little story its gonna be, probably gonna start with just ppl playing solars unless youd rather be a specific type of exalted

mechanics are simple and for the most part they are the most balanced so it works out i just need to get access to an online sheet and it will be easy from there

i have to make a change to the health mechanic just because exalteds is really annoying compared to typical WoD

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on if there's really nobody else interested. I'd honestly rather find new players for my own game then have to put work into another character, learning lore, ect.

Honestly yer the ownly person that looked in truth its makes me interested more in what wod game that you are doing and just try and join that myself instead

Because either way i dont mind cause white wolf games are my favorite systems whether is age of sorrows or world of darkness new or old

Last edited by a moderator:
Exalted fanboy here, sadly, hate 1st ed compared to 2nd, but, you also mentioned Promethean, so, colored me potentially interested, if I find free time, for that.

I haven't studied too hard into the promethean material quite yet but if i decide to jump into the game i'll certainly let you know, got myself involved in a couple non died oriented stories so my brain is slightly tied up. as for exalted the biggest reason that i'm for 1rst is because 1 i have the hard copy of 1rst and 2 i own all the 1rst edition material in digital form. i haven't had experience with 2nd edition so i dont know anything about it but it doesn't stop me from being willing to try it.

In all honesty, I'd hold out for 3rd if I were you, but, 2nd was superior for a few reasons:

-Cooler combat time system (Kinda like an active time gauge, you had so many 'ticks' before you could attack again based on the speed of your weapon, instead of initiative)

-More developed game world (1st edition felt like a tie-in to World of Darkness, 2nd is really its own masterpiece)

-Streamlined Abilities (Brawl and Martial Arts are one now, Resistance and Endurance are one now)

-Better Charm builds (Less 'speedbump' charms- i.e., Charms that are useless once you get the next, better one)

-Frikkin Infernals!!!

-Far more source material

But, don't let me make it sound all perfect. It is, in fact, a glorious mess, and there are tons of flaws and exploits, just like 1st ed. I just think out of the two, 2nd was superior, and I have really high hopes for 3rd. Anyways, I'll keep watchin this space to see what happens.

Well if we manage to get more people and some are interested in promethean i can get my link to the free pdf download of promethean and people can pick it up and get aquainted to it while i learn it to either get a story ready unless i find some1 willin to gm it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back