• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for another forever partner, inquire within!

Hello all,

I go by J. I’ve been role-playing for quite a long time and after finding an amazing partner on this site, I’m looking for another creative individual. I’ve written many genres over the years, and have had the pleasure of doing so with a select group of people that I mesh well with. I also admit I’m a little picky about writing partners. I value someone that I can not only write well with, but forge a friendship with as well. Sought after skills I look for in a partner is someone who wants long-term, enjoys world building, character development, and story development. I’m an adult male, and would also like my partner to be an adult female as mature themes are expected.

My posting style leans more on the novella, advanced literary side. I usually shoot for multiple paragraphs, but I also take into account what’s going on in the story-line, as well as my partner’s style of writing. Above all, quality over quantity, but I tend to prefer both. Correct spelling, decent punctuation and grammar are a necessity. Mistakes happen, and I certainly make them, but we should be able to understand what we’re writing to each other.

In terms of story communication, I like to talk and plot out of character first. I like grand plots and epics with the use of multiple characters and/or NPC's with a main characters anchoring the story. I’ve listed the genres that interest me below, as well as examples. I also prefer using original characters. I put a great deal of emphasis in world-building before the writing begins, and it serves as a beloved part of the process for me. I also take pleasure in sharing a story, and not controlling it. Expectations should be a managed balance of storytelling between players. Lastly, life comes first. I'm an engineer and that takes a great deal of my time. Hopefully patience can be exercised when it comes to post frequency. I push to post frequently, but my job can be demanding at times.

My preferred place is writing is proboards, and I own my own. It's no hassle, as well as easy to use. An example of what it looks like is a thread setting similar to this site. In addition to simply enjoying writing, it's almost a guarantee that I'll photoshop characters and things as a story progresses. I might even take out art commissions. Roleplay related videos are also not out of the realm of possibility. I believe all this adds to the fun and uniqueness of what can be offered.

Now time for the good stuff! What I'm looking for...

Science Fiction: Cyberpunk, Doom, Matrix, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, and other close works of science fiction preferred.

Post-Apocalyptic/Survival: The Division, War of the Worlds, Fallout, or something of the like.

Modern Fantasy/Horror: Bright, Modern Tolkien, or World of Darkness.

Medieval Fantasy: I have a backbone of a story for this setting, so let's talk about this one.

Modern: I tend to avoid slice of life plots, but something that deals with organized crime and/or world events could be interesting.

These are a few of the things floating in my mind to write, but if you have any suggestions for a plot all your own then I would love to hear it! If you think we'd mesh well then please throw a PM my way, and thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back