• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for an RP partner!

Troldmand

Your Bizarre Acquaintance
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, name's Alex, and I'm looking for an RP partner. Below is a summary of my preferences, my qualities and constraints. I do hope it is cohesive.

About me:

I live in Finland (GMT+3) and have a daytime job. As a consequence, I can only respond in the evening or at night. I usually stay up late and do not fall asleep until 2 AM. From time to time, however, I may write a reply or two while at the job but this is a rare occurrence.

I'm friendly, positive, energetic I'd say. Feel free to chat with me OOC whenever you please - I'm always up for a decent conversation. In fact, I used to travel a lot and enjoy learning new things about different cultures. I have to thank my father, a former sailor, for that habit.

I use Discord for business, meaning that I'd rather keep the roleplaying sessions in PM, or even converse via e-mail if anybody here still uses those for roleplaying.

What genres do I like?
  • Low to mid fantasy. I grew up with Arthurian legends, Robin Hoods and Ivanhoes, and D'Artagnans. Such stories I adore and prefer over high fantasy. By no means do I despise Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia, or even something modern like A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm open for ideas.
  • Science fiction or science fantasy. Just like traditional fantasy, science fiction I was introduced to as a child. I'd always demand at least one story about some mysterious alien race visiting space colony or something similar before going to bed. I'm a huge fan of OT Star Wars as well but that's for later. It's quite hard to explain what types of sci-fi settings exactly I love the most but I think Titan A.E. or the original Alien, or even Space Odyssey are rough approximations.
  • Fandoms. I'm not a huge fan of pre-existing settings with the exceptions of OT Star Wars, pre-WotLK Warcraft, Vampire: the Masquerade and Dark Sun.

I do not enjoy modern settings unless they are spiced up with mystery, supernatural or something extraordinary; I have an adventurer inside, hehe.

What pairings do I like?

I don't have any pairing templates speaking honestly. I enjoy romances in fantasy and sci-fi settings, especially if they feel natural. I can't come up with a concise explanation. I'd say Jyn Erso's final scene in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a good match.

As for genders, I'm comfortable with all matches, though I prefer MxF most of the time.

What are my expectations of you?

I'm not here to hire rocket engineers. You could be a newbie or a veteran - no matter. The only few things I'd like you to know are:
  1. No incest, please.
  2. No one-liners unless they're badass.
  3. Be 17 or older if you expect romance. Otherwise, I do not feel right.
  4. Leave a note if you want to leave, or you have to disappear for a while. It helps me to plan my evening and night.
  5. Stay positive! :)
Oh, and one more thing. I don't have any plots in mind currently.
I'm open for ideas!

~Alex

Last edited:
Hello, name's Alex, and I'm looking for an RP partner. Below is a summary of my preferences, my qualities and constraints. I do hope it is cohesive.

About me:

I live in Finland (GMT+3) and have a daytime job. As a consequence, I can only respond in the evening or at night. I usually stay up late and do not fall asleep until 2 AM. From time to time, however, I may write a reply or two while at the job but this is a rare occurrence.

I'm friendly, positive, energetic I'd say. Feel free to chat with me OOC whenever you please - I'm always up for a decent conversation. In fact, I used to travel a lot and enjoy learning new things about different cultures. I have to thank my father, a former sailor, for that habit.

I use Discord for business, meaning that I'd rather keep the roleplaying sessions in PM, or even converse via e-mail if anybody here still uses those for roleplaying.

What genres do I like?
  • Low to mid fantasy. I grew up with Arthurian legends, Robin Hoods and Ivanhoes, and D'Artagnans. Such stories I adore and prefer over high fantasy. By no means do I despise Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia, or even something modern like A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm open for ideas.
  • Science fiction or science fantasy. Just like traditional fantasy, science fiction I was introduced to as a child. I'd always demand at least one story about some mysterious alien race visiting space colony or something similar before going to bed. I'm a huge fan of OT Star Wars as well but that's for later. It's quite hard to explain what types of sci-fi settings exactly I love the most but I think Titan A.E. or the original Alien, or even Space Odyssey are rough approximations.
  • Fandoms. I'm not a huge fan of pre-existing settings with the exceptions of OT Star Wars, pre-WotLK Warcraft, Vampire: the Masquerade and Dark Sun.

I do not enjoy modern settings unless they are spiced up with mystery, supernatural or something extraordinary; I have an adventurer inside, hehe.

What pairings do I like?

I don't have any pairing templates speaking honestly. I enjoy romances in fantasy and sci-fi settings, especially if they feel natural. I can't come up with a concise explanation. I'd say Jyn Erso's final scene in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a good match.

As for genders, I'm comfortable with all matches, though I prefer MxF most of the time.

What are my expectations of you?

I'm not here to hire rocket engineers. You could be a newbie or a veteran - no matter. The only few things I'd like you to know are:
  1. No incest, please.
  2. No one-liners unless they're badass.
  3. Be 17 or older if you expect romance. Otherwise, I do not feel right.
  4. Leave a note if you want to leave, or you have to disappear for a while. It helps me to plan my evening and night.
  5. Stay positive! :)
Oh, and one more thing. I don't have any plots in mind currently.
I'm open for ideas!

~Alex
Hello,

It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Call me Keri. I am interested in your description.

I should forewarn you that I am new to this site, but not new to rp in general. If you would like to discuss further details, send me a pm.

Thank you,

~K

How dare you bring up the rouge one scene? Now I'm sitting here crying.

I might forgive it, because the rest of the post sounded awesome though.

Yoooo, a WoW rper :hearteyes: I've been thinking about WoW as a good fandom to rp within lately, I still have to do more reading on it though since I didn't play pre-wotl and don't know much about the time period.

Hello, sorry for lurking on an old thread but I was searching for rp's relevant to Titan AE. I know you said you dont really like fandoms but I was hoping you would make an exception to this. Hope to hear from you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back