• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for ADVANCED, long-term RP partner: Fandom or OC

BIue

One Trick Wonder
Hey all, Blue here.

After a hiatus I am back to RP Nation and in search of a few long-term advanced writing partners.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

• ·         Someone who is willing to write detailed posts with quality writing. I've been RPing for 10 years now and whilst I don't expect people to have a certain number of years under their belt to write with me, I really do want partners who have a writing style that meshes well with my own with care taken in their responses. I'm only looking at taking on 2 or 3 RP partners- I want them to be writers who can produce high-quality posts that are engaging and fun!
  • ·         Now, I'm aware this is tricky to commit to- and if you change your mind that is fine. However, I am ideally looking for a long-term RP partner. A lot of my RPs end up being in elaborately designed universes and/or fandoms with multiple threads and events on a timeline we've planned- that probably sounds more intimidating that it's supposed to. I'm simply saying I'm looking for someone who is open to writing long-term and developing detailed story arcs where our characters can grow and develop.
  • ·         Someone who can ideally post a reply at least once a week. More than once is great, but as long posts take longer to write and a lot of us have school and/or work outside of RP, I don't want this to be an area of high pressure. I'm flexible, but I'd just like to write fairly regularly and not have threads go dark for weeks on end as we wait for the next person to post.
  • ·         Someone who likes to plot and chat OOC! I love getting to know my RP partners and enjoy forging friendships by chatting :)

PLEASE:

• ·         If you are interested in writing with me- ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION. I don't really like getting messages saying 'I'm interested' etc, as it seems a little lazy. If you're interested, please share your ideas with me- I love that! Tell me about a character you might like to write with, what themes you like exploring, what areas of interest we have that overlap and more!
  • ·         Say 'magical magpies' to let me know you've read this~
  • ·         If you're not interested in writing anymore or going away for a while or even just need a break, let me know! We're all human, I'll understand.
  • ·         Send me a RP sample of your writing if you're interested! I like to see examples of how people write :)

WHAT I WILL WRITE:

• ·         OCs in fandom universes.
  • ·         OCs in our own made-up universes.
  • ·         Human OCs
  • ·         Animal OCs
  • ·         The Walking Dead/Zombie AUs with OCs- I don't want to write canon characters from TWD.
  • ·         Dishonored/Assassin's Creed/Assassin original universe stuff (really craving this!)
  • ·         Undertale (Semi-craving, might need convincing xD)
  • ·         Ginga Densetsu Weed
  • ·         Gravity Falls
  • ·         Rick & Morty

FANDOMS I LIKE: (But currently don't feel like writing- despite this it'll give you an idea of what I'm into. You can try to convince me if you're really into one of these and I may sway, but no guarantee xD...)

·         Guardians of the Galaxy

·         Harry Potter

·         Zootopia

·         Wolf'S Rain

·         Warriors

·         Death Note

·         Pokemon

Tropes/ideas I like:

Criminal x Cop/officer of law

Prisoner x Guard

Pirates. Just....pirates. plox.

Close sibling bonds

Prisoner of war x pirate

Prisoner of war x officer from other side

Hardened OCs with crippling phobias

Warzones/conflict

Lawful good x Chaotic Neutral

Lawful good x Lawful Evil

Good oc trying to steer morally lax oc onto the right track

Characters from different backgrounds/cultures

Language barriers/misunderstandings

Characters being forced to interact by unfortunate circumstances. 

Rich oc x Poor oc

Demon x human

OCs very gradually opening up to each other

Alright guys! I look forward to hearing from you ^__^ Be sure to tell me about yourselves. Another little fact is, I like drawing fanart of threads I write once I get into them after a while- some examples below!

sweet_dreams_by_x_x_magpie_x_x-d9oesld.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello :D

I'm rather interested. I'm just curious if you require romance? I just prefer platonic relationships. Also! As you requested, here is a roleplay I'm in now for a writing sample. (And those magpies are magical....)

Hope to hear from you! 

Hello :D

I'm rather interested. I'm just curious if you require romance? I just prefer platonic relationships. Also! As you requested, here is a roleplay I'm in now for a writing sample. (And those magpies are magical....)

Hope to hear from you! 

Oh my... Would you fancy that! I literally just commented on your partner search thread! xD  Your thread you posted reads well, only thing I'll be honest about from the get-go is that I would expect replies that match the length of my own- so if I only got a paragraph in response to a page of writing I wouldn't really be interested. I'd like my partner to spend the time and effort on their posts that I do on mine :)  If you're alright with that, then I'm cool to consider it further. And as stated on your thread, romance isn't a must for me. I really enjoy platonic relationships, siblings, close friends etc. I tend not to mention romance because I don't really like writing it.

Oh my... Would you fancy that! I literally just commented on your partner search thread! xD  Your thread you posted reads well, only thing I'll be honest about from the get-go is that I would expect replies that match the length of my own- so if I only got a paragraph in response to a page of writing I wouldn't really be interested. I'd like my partner to spend the time and effort on their posts that I do on mine :)  If you're alright with that, then I'm cool to consider it further. And as stated on your thread, romance isn't a must for me. I really enjoy platonic relationships, siblings, close friends etc. I tend not to mention romance because I don't really like writing it.

I saw xD  Now the only thing I can say is that it wholly depends on the situation. If the scene heavily relies on interaction between our characters, there's only so much you can write where as if it doesn't, then 3 or 4 paragraphs are no problem given the inspiration. That being said, quality over quantity. Someone can write a novel and have it suck ass where as a short story of 500 words can be a masterpiece.

Pirates sound interesting...maybe we can work in medieval and fantastic elements? 

I saw xD  Now the only thing I can say is that it wholly depends on the situation. If the scene heavily relies on interaction between our characters, there's only so much you can write where as if it doesn't, then 3 or 4 paragraphs are no problem given the inspiration. That being said, quality over quantity. Someone can write a novel and have it suck ass where as a short story of 500 words can be a masterpiece.

Pirates sound interesting...maybe we can work in medieval and fantastic elements? 

I agree, however since I tailor my posts to give my partner stuff to reply to I usually don't see many situations where there isn't enough to reply to. And if there is a lack or it's difficult I'd rather my partner told me so I can go back and edit to make it easier- I'll be salty if I get replies significantly shorter than mine when I give you hooks to latch onto xD- just being honest. 

Pirates sounds good to me. I'm all for medieval and fantasy. Do you have a character in mind already or are you making one up? Might be cool for our pirates to either meet at port or with a skirmish of ships/crews? That way we can get them meeting from afresh. Do you have a preference for what gender my character is?

I agree, however since I tailor my posts to give my partner stuff to reply to I usually don't see many situations where there isn't enough to reply to. And if there is a lack or it's difficult I'd rather my partner told me so I can go back and edit to make it easier- I'll be salty if I get replies significantly shorter than mine when I give you hooks to latch onto xD- just being honest. 

Pirates sounds good to me. I'm all for medieval and fantasy. Do you have a character in mind already or are you making one up? Might be cool for our pirates to either meet at port or with a skirmish of ships/crews? That way we can get them meeting from afresh. Do you have a preference for what gender my character is?

Lemme PM you so we can work out a plot. ^_^  

Well this looks cool. I'm more of a homebrewer, but the last time I enjoyed a fandom RP was for MLP:FiM. Aside from that, I offer you a character from my book, of whom I'm very fond of. As for myself, I've been roleplaying actively for about six or seven years now. I enjoy structured games and freeform things. In general, I just enjoy telling stories with other people, as I feel that it's a good way to hold hands with someone's heart. My favorite books are The Gunsligner, The Last Unicorn, Jurassic Park, and Son of a Hundred Kings. Books have been a major influence in the stories I tell and how I tell them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooooh. I like this. All of this, I like it a lot! I'm going to send you a PM. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back