• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for a well-written, advanced, (possibly long-term?) RP partner for a specific plot. [Currently CLOSED]

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
Right off the bat, I will warn you that the plot I have in mind is very heavy and deals with a lot of dark subject matter.

The plot takes place during 19XX.
In a bid to gain immortality, scientists in 8 underground locations began to experiment with merging animal and human cells. The experiment is a success.... however, not without great cost. The children born of this experiment are immortal, yes. But whenever they lose consciousness.... something else wakes up. They transform into part animal beasts with an extreme lust for blood. The only way to stop their rampage is to force the beasts unconscious again.... which results in the human side waking up once more with no recollection of what's happened.

My first character, Mae, is an 18 year old girl who was just brought back to the facility after going on a rampage that killed the entire orphanage she was raised in. She has no recollection of this, however.
My second character is a man named Richter Haynes who is a scientist at the facility.

I will be alternating between the two, as well as playing side characters when needed. There may be more characters introduced as time goes on.

I'm looking for a partner who is willing to play another male scientist character. Specifically, someone who's morally divided after accepting the job and finding out what all it entails.

In an unspecified country during the spring of 19XX....
You took the job because the pay was good. Not just good.... beyond what you ever thought you'd be able to make. The qualifications were quite basic, too. Entry-level medical training, being able to lift 40 lbs and up to 80 lbs, being of able body, passing a basic psychiatric evaluation.... It was like it was too good to be true! That amount of money for.... what? Some sort of lab work? Or was it a security guard? The job's description was... well, vague to say the least. But it included accommodations, and up in the mountains, no less! Fresh air, good pay, time away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and most of all, away from the war... It was a government position, as well. Funded by tax payer money.
You never stopped to consider what could go wrong.
Sure, you felt your stomach sink a bit when the man pulled out a contract. But that was standard with a lot of jobs, right?
I mean.... it was a little strange that you had to sign on before seeing the premises. Even stranger that the job specifications hadn't been exclusively outlined.
"Opportunities like this only come once in a lifetime." You recalled the interview and how it was explained that much of the job's details were "need to know". But with that amount of money looming over your head.... there's no one in their right mind that would turn that down!
The person interviewing you had agreed to meet in a nearby town.
The man looked to be in his 40's. Though his skin was pale (typical of many people confined to a cubicle) you could see the muscles ripple under his suit with every movement he made. A worn smile flashed across his face as he shook your hand, his grip almost vice-like.
"Richter Haynes," the man introduced himself.
It was a name that would later be engraved into your memory, but for now it was just a simple string of words used identify the man sitting in front of you.
The interview was over in about an hour.
When the man known as 'Richter' handed you the company branded pen, you took it eagerly. You scrawled your name on that 10 page contract with a smile on your face. You made the choice of your own free will....
Little did you know, that would be the last taste of freedom you'd ever really have. Because once you sign on, there's only one way to leave this company.... and that's in a body bag.

There is potential for Mae and your scientist character to fall in love, however, I'm not huge on romance. So, it will be limited and light, if any.

The endgame goal for this RP is for our characters to escape. However, I will warn you that happy endings are hard to come by in this plot.
In the meantime, I'm looking for a scientist character with a backstory, and a plot of his own. What drove him to take the job? Was it just the money, or was there more to it? What kind of life did he leave behind? Was he always morally conflicted, or did this happen over time?

As I reveal more about Mae and Richter Haynes, you'll have the opportunity to reveal more about your character as well.

I'm even open to the concept of you doubling, too. If you were interested in playing one of the children that's been experimented on, we could go that route. Or, if you wanted to play a truly evil scientist in addition to the morally conflicted one, by all means! Feel free!

I'm fairly flexible, all in all. There are a few hard and fast rules, however.

RULES:
-NO sexual content of any kind. I can't believe I have to say this again, but it's against the SITE RULES. Even if it wasn't, I'm not personally comfortable with it. I've had more than enough encounters of people wanting to turn everything into some messed up... thing. Just no.
-Keep swearing to a minimum. Unless it fits the character and situation, I don't want to see swearing every two words. Preferably, I'd like to see it censored, and I will likely be censoring any swears from my characters.
-Typos are fine, but a basic understanding of spelling and grammar is a MUST. If you regularly confuse 'your' and 'you're', you will not be accepted. Yes, I'm being fussy, but I want this RP to be exceptional.
-No PMs please. This is personal preference, but I prefer to keep things out in the open. In my experience, people can get weird in the PMs. So, please stick to the designated thread. I will likely not reply to any PMs that are sent regarding the RP. Thank you.

If you're interested in the RP, tell me your favorite animal below! :)

Last edited:
Suzuken Suzuken
So... I have to say that you look like a pretty good candidate for this RP. :O
Not only did you actually read the whole thing (*showers you with a million thanks*), but I like your own personal interest check.
You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things!
I was NOT expecting to have a bite so quickly.
Would you maybe be able to provide a sample of your writing style? Here would be good, but you can also place it in the OOC, if you want.

EDIT: And tigers are pretty epic! :O I prefer the more cuddly variant (aka house cat).

*Appears out of thin air (aka your profile)*
I must say, this looks awesome.
I love those darker roleplays, and I conflicted and evil characters are my specialty. (I'm also an IRL example of a 'mad scientist', which probably explains my extreme weirdness in all situations). I write between one and ten paragraphs per response, and I will always match my partner's length (unless it's a one-liner in which case I will first have a heart attack and then match them).
BTW, my favorite animal would have to be a koala!

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar
:O
Nice to see you here! Welcome to the hell that is my mind. XD
My RPs are really freakin' dark, good gosh.
Well... since I'm still waiting on Suzuken Suzuken , here, feel free to provide your own writing sample! I suppose we can either do this as a first come, first serve, or we could potentially do a 1x1x1....?

Also... I don't know much about koalas! :O That's a really neat favorite animal. What's your favorite thing about them? Any neat facts you can share?

Suzuken Suzuken
So... I have to say that you look like a pretty good candidate for this RP. :O
Not only did you actually read the whole thing (*showers you with a million thanks*), but I like your own personal interest check.
You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things!
I was NOT expecting to have a bite so quickly.
Would you maybe be able to provide a sample of your writing style? Here would be good, but you can also place it in the OOC, if you want.

EDIT: And tigers are pretty epic! :O I prefer the more cuddly variant (aka house cat).

Here's something I conjured up in another roleplay not too long ago (different genre, but it's most recent)

"Insects chirped and cried in the brush. The click of hooves echoed faintly on the hillside, a grey speckled horse carrying his rider back to the castle stables. heavy clouds rolled overhead. A storm could be rolling in anytime now, but that was the least of the prince's concerns. In the heat of the late afternoon sun, Marcus couldn't be more content. Open grounds and the quiet hum of summer put him right at ease. He'd just finished his ride through the country side that back the castle grounds, as he did most days, and was ready to return to his normal routine.

As he entered the cool shade of the stables, he swung himself onto the ground and handed the reigns over to a younger stable boy. 'Fresh blood,' as the other stable workers called him. Marcus couldn't help but smile at the boy's wide eyes and nervous hands, keeping his head down and words short throughout the interaction. He thanked him and started his march back towards the castle. His smile faded the closer he got. After spending so much time in the open air, he didn't think he could spend another minute contained in those gloomy, cobblestone walls. A part of him wished he could return to a time when those halls were full of life and joy, back to a time when he was young and naïve about the world and all it's tragedies. Back before...

An unwanted emotion stabbed at his gut, but Marcus pushed it aside as he always did. That time was in the past. Maybe one day, it'll all change for the better but until then, he marched towards those grand doors with his chin held high and certain of the evening to come."

And whatever you want to do is up to you :)

Apologies for my late reply, it seems that every time I manage to find my way to an interesting roleplay, the universe sends something to interfere with my moment.

I'll try to get that sample to you tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'm about to pass out on my couch 😂

Suzuken Suzuken

I like your post! You're in! :O

Trust me, I feel this on a deep level lol.
Don't worry about taking a break! If you and Suzuken Suzuken want to do a 1x1x1, you can jump in when you get back!
Otherwise, we can do our own thread?

Honestly, I'm really flexible! So, whatever works for you two! Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar You said that playing evil characters is your specialty, so I'm really excited to see what you can bring to the table! I think a 1x1x1 would work quite well.... a group, not so much.

Do you wanna go ahead and make your CS, Suzuken Suzuken ?

I would love to try out a 1x1x1, interested to see how that will work out. How much detail are you looking for in the sample and in a character?

Gotta be honest here, Leopards, Panthers and domesticated house cats are a personal favorite of mine. I might be slow to respond... is that OK?

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
At the moment, there's no more room for more players. D:

I've run this as a group before, and.... it did not go well.
So, that leaves a few options....
I can keep you in mind in case someone has to drop out....?
Or we can make an additional thread.

I supposed I should mark this as "closed" for the time being, haha.

Suzuken Suzuken

I like your post! You're in! :O

Trust me, I feel this on a deep level lol.
Don't worry about taking a break! If you and Suzuken Suzuken want to do a 1x1x1, you can jump in when you get back!
Otherwise, we can do our own thread?

Honestly, I'm really flexible! So, whatever works for you two! Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar You said that playing evil characters is your specialty, so I'm really excited to see what you can bring to the table! I think a 1x1x1 would work quite well.... a group, not so much.

Do you wanna go ahead and make your CS, Suzuken Suzuken ?

On it! I assume you want it on the RP forum?

Here's my sample! :D It's from a Percy Jackson fandom roleplay, which I've never really done in the past (so if anyone happens to be a super fan please forgive me for inaccuracies), but it's a pretty accurate representation of the amount of detail and the length I can offer on average. However I'll totally match the length my of my partners and do what the roleplay needs in the moment.
The air was chilly and unpleasant, despite the rapidly approaching hot midsummer days to come. Though the alarm clock insisted that the time was precisely eight-thirty in the morning, Aphrodite's cabin was dark and peaceful, the darkened sky signalling to it's inhabitants one of Camp Half-Bloods infamous summer rainstorms was on it's way. The only sound that dared to break the impenetrable silence was the soft sound of the wind colliding with the sides of the wooden cabin. This was a moment that only occurred only so often in Aphrodite's cabin full of conversation and life, and everyone savored it. They all knew that Chiron wouldn't bother to wake them up on a day such as this - that was just downright cruel. That was the thing with teenage demigods, he'd discovered - you can throw them into a pit of monsters, and they'll survive with an arrogant smile on their face. Hand them a sword and tell them to save the world - you've got it. But wake them up before ten on a rainy morning? You must have a death wish.

Theodore Amadeus desperately tried to free his mind from the dark haze of exhaustion. Remembering the promise he made to himself the previous day, he groaned internally. Maybe getting in early practice time on the only swords practice building of camp had seemed like a wonderful idea yesterday, but waking up at this time on this particular morning seemed like torture. And not the good kind of torture, certainly not the kind that makes you suffer before making you stronger. No, this was the kind of pointless, dreaded torture whose only purpose is to make you regret all of your life choices up to this point.

He was unable to hear a single camper outside of the warm, secure walls of the cabin, and wondered why he should put himself through the trouble of being the first. But still, he hadn't survived all of the horror and suffering the universe had thrown at him up to this point and still manage to be a coward, terrified of opening his eyes and discovering the sun hadn't fully risen. Though that would, in fact, be rather horrible.

Theodore could literally hear Jasmine (a fellow child of Aphrodite) exclaiming in her high-pitched voice: “Now that is messed up!” Apparently, it was her favorite thing to say, and over the years everyone had learned not to question it. Unless you wanted your reputation in camp ruined in a heartbeat, you didn't question her. It was common knowledge that she would be the next head counselor, despite Chiron's obvious disapproval. Nobody really liked her, but no one would have the courage necessary to cross her.

Yawning loudly, Theo ungracefully yanked the tangled covers from around his feet and quickly found himself dumped unceremoniously over the side of the bunk. He cursed under his breath before reaching up to grab onto the wooden bunk and dragging himself to his feet. Clutching his head, he staggered forward, attempting to force his tired body to cooperate. Ignoring the annoyed whispers and sleepy mumbles from his cabin-mates, he rummaged through his private drawer and pulled on a worn pale grey hoodie. He'd passed out last night in a pair of faded jeans and a white T-shirt, so getting dressed was a ten-second operation.

Making his way across the room, he fumbled through the darkness until his hand found the cool metal of the doorknob. He twisted it slowly and eased the door open, making an effort not to awaken any of the campers who may have managed to remain asleep.

It wasn't a particularly long walk to the sword arena, but the air was bitterly cold. A violent shiver went down Theo's spine, the chill seeping in through his hoodie like freezing needles cutting at his skin. The ground was solid and made a loud crunch each and every time his foot contacted the ground, making stealth next to impossible. Oh well, he thought to himself in a sarcastic tone. I guess it's time these kids learn to wake up early.

Opening the door with a resounding creeaaak! he slipped inside and immediately slammed it shut behind him before the frigid air could find a way to invade the last acceptably warm location on camp grounds. He rubbed his hands together violently in a desperate attempt to rid them of the cold that had nearly paralyzed them in the brief period of time they'd been exposed to the horrible cold. You'd think, it being summer and all, that the weather would learn to cooperate, but it had always been rather defiant. The day it was most important it be sunny? You could be certain it was raining. The one day of the year you might want rain? You could almost bet it's going to be sunny.

Once Theodore decided that his hands were at least a reasonable temperature, he made his way across the room and drew a sword. It was created for his hands only - the perfect weight, the perfect grip for his fingers. It was crafted for him upon his arrival when he was just a child, and enchanted to grow as he grew. Unfortunately, nothing else in the room was, so he was forced to fight against a massive dummy that was hardly satisfying to brutally murder. It didn't even explode into fuzz, like the archery ones somehow did.

After nearly half an hour, his body was protesting the early awakening and practice and demanded a break. Carefully propping the sword up against the wall, he headed over to the fountain to get a drink and a towel. The instant the water connected with his tongue, it was like adding gasoline to a car, his entire body was instantly rejuvenated. Leaning his head against the wall, he simply savored the moment, eyes closed, silence filling the air. That's when he heard it.

Something was causing a commotion just outside of the camp's boundaries, and it was something big. From the relatively peaceful sounds escaping the cabins, he guessed that nobody else had heard it yet. Weighing his options, he came to the reckless conclusion that it would be a wonderful idea to go and investigate the source of the sound. It was unlikely that any potential dangers would spot him, and if they did . . . well, he had a sword for a reason, right? What was wrong with a little adventure?

Moments later, Theo was creeping along the edge of the shield that prevented the outside world from seeing the camp. The sounds were louder than he anticipated, enough so that he definitely didn't have to worry about them hearing his footsteps. He was certain he was rapidly approaching the place where he'd heard the noises coming from, and now he was losing his nerve. This was the exact spot he'd stood years ago, shaking, sobbing, knees about to give out. His arm had been broken, snapped in two, and the terrifying monsters from before had killed the only person in the world he'd ever loved. The memory brought back fresh fear, terror still lingering in the back of his mind, waiting to be released. No. He'd spent far too much time learning to control the dark thoughts that made their home in the back of his twisted mind. This was not the time to lose all that over one simple sound coming from outside of the camp.

Gathering up all of his courage, he turned around without giving his brain a chance to protest, and saw something straight out of a nightmare. A girl - probably in her late teens - was sprinting up the path leading to Camp Half-Blood, looking behind her ever couple of seconds as if a monster was going to materialize directly under her feet and devour her. In the distance, he could see two of them rapidly gaining on her, preparing to pounce when they came in range. For a split second, he was paralyzed, and then he realized what he had to do.Stealing one last glance back at the camp, he nodded to himself. This was the right choice.

Theo broke through the barrier and took off down the path, heading straight towards the girl. He reached her in just a bit over a minute, throwing a dagger at her to defend herself with if it came to that, and then trailing behind her with his sword as they ran towards camp. A third monster appeared out of nowhere, slashing at him with claws the size of his arm, but his sword sliced through it's hand, buying them time. "GO GO GO!" He screamed up ahead, just as the girl reached the shield.

Come on gods, he thought to himself. Don't let it end like this. Don't let my first adventure be a suicide mission. That'd just be disappointing. He squeezed his eyes shut as the monsters reached out their long claws, desperate for a decent meal. Theodore found himself accepting the end when he suddenly tripped and stumbled forward, upper body piercing through the barrier just as the monsters reached him. They appeared confused for a moment, then began to walk away, searching for the disappearing boy.

Theo picked himself quickly up from his knees, panting. Glancing over at the girl he'd just rescued, a goofy smile stretched across his face. "Hey, there. My name's Theodore."

And this one is from a fantasy roleplay that I was in a while back:
Xavier's eyes fluttered open as an urgent knocking on his door brought him to consciousness. Groaning, he pushed himself to a sitting position and glanced in the mirror to find his appearance to be hardly princelike. With a sigh, he pushed the uncooperative strands of hair from his face and mumbled that whoever had awakened him could enter. It was Lord Wincroft, his father's primary advisor and counselor in times of need. Now that King Abernathy was gone, his responsibilities remained, and he was now to serve his eldest son. Forcing a polite smile onto his face to replace the exhausted expression born from far too little sleep, he stood and gestured for Wincroft to make himself comfortable in the chair across from him. He did so, nodding gratefully.

"I apologize if I woke you, your highness. I assumed you would be awake at this hour." Xavier's eyes darted to the clock, and he cringed when he realized what time it was. "I simply came to inform you of some arrangements that have been made. Firstly, your meeting with Princess Felicia has been rescheduled to take place in two months time. I understand you are eager to impress her--" a knowing wink "--but I'm afraid it must wait until you are fully trained for taking the throne. Secondly, the official date of the funeral has been set. Two weeks from tomorrow, and we've invited the rulers of all of the neighboring kingdoms," he cleared his throat, shaking his head mournfully at the mention of the dead king and queen. "Let me know if you need anything, my boy. Anything." Xavier nodded silently, but he barely heard a word he said. He too was preoccupied with thoughts of his parents, but wasn't quite ready to discuss it. After an awkward silence, Wincroft stood to leave the room, groaning quietly as he stood. Concerned, the boy took his arm and assisted him, realizing unhappily that the man was growing old. There was a look of desperation in his eyes, a need to be useful, to help, and with a pang of guilt Xavier realized he'd hurt him. "Hey, I really appreciate it, Lord Wincroft. Honestly, where would I be without you? I regret that I must ask you one additional favor - do you think you could have some breakfast brought up?" Smiling, he patted the old man on the back and gently closed the door behind him with a muffled click.

The moment he was gone, the young prince collapsed back onto his bed, running his fingers through his head in an attempt to quiet the anxiety and sadness that was overwhelming him. His parents, dead. He himself a king. Marrying a woman he'd barely met. The whole thing was unbelievable. Please, God, let this all be a dream . . . . Shaking his head, Xavier took a deep break and stood. He had to get his mind off things if he valued his sanity. So he went about his typical morning routine as if nothing had happened, ignoring the pain in his chest. Running a comb through his hair, rinsing the previous night's tears from his face. When he saw the clothes laid out for him, though, he almost lost it again. They belonged to his father, the clothes of a king. Angrily, he threw them aside, dressing instead in the casual clothes of his childhood that comforted him. He finished buttoning his shirt just in time for him to hear the knock on the door.

And the shortest, from a tragic romance RP I was in a few months ago:

August squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, urging the world to let up it's iron grasp for a second and just allow him peace. Peace. The idea was almost laughable after the last year and a half, and the notion that some support group was going to help him "recover" was absurd. This was life, not a effing fairy tale with a happy ending where everyone lives and achieves their impossible dreams. Reality's a hell of a lot more painful than that, and no group of equally screwed kids was going to change the grim future set out ahead of him. But it's what his mother wanted, what she believed was best for her oldest son, and August would do it for her. So he allowed her to wheel him through the pristine glass doors and into the equally spotless elevator. He tried his hardest to ignore the people surrounding him in the tightly packed space, all of them on varying stages of dying. Cancer, other diseases, alongside various different injuries and disorders.

August was one of many confined to a wheelchair when he reached the downstairs area and waved his mother off, insisting he could navigate the relatively small area himself. Nearly everyone here was similarly restricted, and the shared weakness made this whole thing seem even more hopeless. Every last person here looked ready for their hearts to stop, for their lungs to cease to draw breath, for this world to fade away into oblivion. Except for one. She was standing alone, an unreadable expression on her face. Her hair was short and she was leaning heavily against the wall, which signaled she had cancer. Probably untreatable, judging by her being here and all. But something about her brought an unconscious smile to his lips - her rebellion against the undefeatable disease killing her from the inside, her silent refusal to sit down, or use a wheelchair. August was still staring at her when Adam, the host of this whole thing, strolled into the room and began his remarkably uninspirational speech about accepting their own inevitable deaths.

If there's anything you want changed, let me know, there are plenty of other samples XD

Last edited:
At the moment, there's no more room for more players. D:

I've run this as a group before, and.... it did not go well.
So, that leaves a few options....
I can keep you in mind in case someone has to drop out....?
Or we can make an additional thread.

I supposed I should mark this as "closed" for the time being, haha.
It's no trouble. Thanks for being honest! No, I guess I'll move on to other searches. That said, if you ever want somebody to talk to/get RP ideas from/RP with, feel free to shoot a message!

Are you able to provide a sample of your writing? And no worries! I'm okay with people responding slowly, so long as there's adequate communication. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back