• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a big bowl of roleplay to start my day {Detailed/Advanced}

Mordecai

the traitorous queen
Hello!

My name is Mordecai, but you can call me Mordey. If you're here, you must think I am awesome and you must want to start an amazing roleplay with me! Or, you got lost trying to find the loo... *sigh* it's this way...

Anyways, for the select few of you who are still reading this, I'm I’m looking for a few (one or two) detail-oriented, driven writers with whom I could start a roleplay. You can read more about my roleplaying preferences below. Please PM me if you'd like to discuss something more in detail. ^__^

I have an old interest check floating around somewhere, but I'm too lazy to try and dig it up.

Preferences I’m not going to call them rules or guidelines, because they’re more of preferences than anything else. I’m really pretty flexible, but I'm not a doormat.

· Detail: In my roleplays, I definitely prefer a detailed roleplay partner. I usually average 600-700 words a post, or more, if some passing inspiration drifts my way. Sorry, roleplays only really interest me if I have something more than a few sentences to read. I’m not going to put a required word count, but three decent-sized paragraphs at minimum would make me a happy woman.

· Activity: Honestly? If you get me at least one post a week, I’ll be happy. More would be awesome, but not necessary. I am a full-time PhD student, so I do get busy, but I will get you a post at least once a week. I will let you know if something has come up and I’ll be away for a while. I hope you do the same. Right now, I'm going through some health issues (surgery!), but I am going to try and start getting posts out every other day. (: Expect at least one post a week from me, at minimum though.

· Plots: Please participate in plotting with me! I love both discussing ideas with my partners and/or being surprised at a turn of events in a post. I don’t believe in passive roleplaying and I will get bored if you aren’t willing to bounce ideas around with me.

· Pairings and Genders: I do enjoy romance, but I don't need it. I don't want to just throw two characters together and mush them together for the sake of "romance." If it happens, great. If it doesn't, great. I love exploring the dynamics of a friendship(/family/enemies/etc.) just as much as I do the dynamics of a couple.

· Anime: Sorry. I don't watch it.

· OOC: Talk to me! I love to talk! =D

· Creepy Pasta: Please don't ask about this. I don't even know what it is, really. Is it a fandom? A style of roleplay? My Italian leftovers from over a month ago that have been pushed to the back of the fridge and is now smelling a little funky? IDEK.

Interests If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please feel free to suggest! I love trying all sorts of new things. Sorry, I don’t really do too many fandoms. Italics means I prefer to play that role, but I can be talked out of it.

· 16th century pirates {Pirate x Royal, Pirate x Pirate, etc. etc.}

· (Post)-Apocalypse {Disease, zombie, nuclear fallout, war, or whatever.}

· 18th century American Revolution

· Gang leader x (Undercover) cop {I'd prefer more mafia-style gang to gangbangers of NY}

· Fantasy {Past, present, or future setting. Please no medieval right now.}

· Explorer x Native {Aztec, Mayan, etc. Could also be a fictitious historical group}

· Royalty x Royalty/Peasant/Servant/etc. {Can include fantasy. Any setting: past, present, or future.}

· Video game character x video gamer player {real game or fictitious game}

Also, a few fandoms I may be willing to try:

· Lord of the Rings {OCs only.}

· Borderlands

· Criminal Minds

· Witcher {1-3} [<-- Please? Please do this with me]

Plot Ideas Just a few story ideas my muse hasn’t gone any further with. Let me know if any of them pique your interest. I’ll happily play either C1 or C2.

During the age of exploration, Europeans set off to find grand riches and exotic lands. C1 is one of those explorers, but after being forced off-route due to a cataclysmic storm, he and his vessel are chalked up to a loss at sea. While his vessel did sink in the storm, C1 washes up on a beach... very much alive (albeit a bit water-logged). The island, covered in a thick forest, was not on any map he had ever owned, but knowing he was probably going to be stuck here for the foreseeable future, he pokes around for a while, looking for any bit of shelter or food he could find. What he wasn't expecting to find was the gateway to the forgotten city of Atlantis. Atlantis was a story his parents' had told him about as a child, but he didn't expect there to be any truth to those legends, yet there he was, standing before the enormous, stone city.

He is found by C2, a native girl of about his age, and the city takes him in, albeit apprehensively. C1 and C2 hit it off quite well, as C1 enjoys learning about the city, and C2 loves talking about it, but the more C1 sees, the more he realizes that the city is not as perfect as it seemed at first glance.

Note: ...And that's as far as I got on that one. c: I think it could go in a lot of directions.

C1 is the crown princess of (kingdom), set to inherit the throne on her wedding day alongside her fiance, an owl-faced prince of a neighboring kingdom. The marriage is arranged of course, but C1 had come to term with her duties as a royal and swallowed her own desires in order to better serve her nation. The day before her wedding, she hears a rumor that her fiance is planning to have her murdered after they are wed, leaving him as the sole ruler of both of their nations. She confirms the rumor when trying to leave the palace, finding that her fiance's guards do not allow her to leave. Scared for her life and the life of her family, C1 makes a harrowing escape from the palace, bolting for the far-off villages of her kingdom on horseback. She arrives at the sleepy village of Hucklebur, where she immediately hires a mercenary, C2, as a bodyguard. Keeping her identity a secret, she tries to cope with living as a civilian and come to terms with the startling truths and betrayals of her kingdom that are beginning to unfold as her kingdom's and her fiance's armies scour every inch of the land looking for her.

Three-hundred years in the future, cultures and provinces have dissolved into a single nation, ruled by a sovereign governing body known as Tartarus. The ideal citizen is nondescript and doesn't pay attention to anything except their own lives and their duties. While not brainwashed in the typical sense, citizens of Earth are stripped of their most basic identities. Numbers are assigned in place of names and all major life choices in an individual's life is made by Tartarus. History is outlawed and memories, at least those not approved, are taboo. Citizens are constantly reminded that Tartarus is good, kind, and necessary, and are prompted to the rules of the new regime, and the punishment for breaking them.

A few people do break the rules, however, and when someone commits a serious offense against Tartarus, they're given a name. Their name and face are plastered everywhere so no one will forget it. This makes them an immediate outcast amongst all law-abiding citizens and severs their connections with most numbered people. Most of these named individuals are thrown into prison camps, but a few made their escape and are living quietly under the radar. A rebellion begins to rise from these named outcasts and in the midst of politics and war, blooms love and hope and a thirst for freedom. C1 and C2 are named individuals who are important parts to the underground rebellion and with the taste of blood in their mouths and the scent of freedom in the air, they must make the decision to flee from the Tartarus or strike for the independence they have longed for.

Note: I'm not even sure if this will work as a roleplay plot, but I think it's an interesting idea, especially if the rebellion falls apart and our characters are forced on the lamb, trying to survive in a world where Tartarus is everywhere and clearly wants them dead.

Eden 5 is a hard world, barely habitable, orbiting a dim, solitary star and surrounded by three small moons. Before the Great War of the galaxies, it was a sanctuary, the only safe way-station for the great intergalactic ships crossing the vast, empty stretch of space called the Cleft. Once revered for its incredibly rare and valuable gems, Eden 5 was industrialized many years ago and wrung dry of most of its worth in a few short years. Now the planet houses mostly refugees—people who fled the poverty, decadence, or oppression of Earth and families too poor to buy their way off the little spit of rock called Eden 5.

The refugees left behind were left to build new lives, amidst simmering turf wars between gangs, crime syndicates, terrorists, and the refugee’s own militia. With all the major companies and government having been withdrawn from Eden 5 years past, the planet hosts little in the way of social order. There is no formal justice system or written law, thus, death was a more common occurrence than getting dinner. All of that changed seven years after Eden 5 had been declared resourcefully dry. A small company called the Medina Confederation investigated deep caverns in the planet and discovered a new source of revenue: a small gem called Calonezite, which was discovered to have restorative and healing powers. Nicknamed the “Gem of Youth,” Calonezite quickly grabbed the attention of everyone within the galaxy as a good old fashion "gold rush" economy exploded.

On Eden 5, two people—C1, a cynical mercenary and C2, an escaped slave with a bounty on her head and a score to settle—find themselves in the race to find the vein of Calonezite rumoured to be held deep within the planet’s endless internal caverns. Unfortunately, the path to finding the Calonezite is paved with militaries, mercenaries, and fanatics who would think nothing of killing them.

But is all that wealth really worth gambling with their very lives to obtain? Probably, yea. After all, if they are going to die on Eden 5 anyways, it might as well be while wielding some firepower and going down shooting.

Note: Inspired by the video-game Borderlands. This plot will take a butt-load of development and dedication to be successful, but I think it could be a whole lot fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I was searching for some Rp's and I came across yours and I'm very interested in the Explorer and Native Role play (I would prefer to play the Native). I write up to four paragraphs per post, but I don't have a definite amount of words in the top of my mind. I've been looking for a good detailed role play for a while and I'm pretty active, so the once a week thing is perfect for me. PM me if you get the chance :)

I`d really like to try rping with you! I`m in a bit of a hurry today, but I`ll send you a PM tomorrow, so we can discuss things further. (or you could send me a PM yourself, if you want)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great. (:

I look forward to getting your PM! I'm in a touch of a rush myself today, as it were.

Hi there!

I am a detail oriented writer with a goal of being a published fiction novelist someday! I am also a college student and I actually have final exams I should be studying for right now, but I saw this and couldn't help but express my interest. This would be my first time being involved in a one v. one rp so I would probably be a bit shaky at first since I'm used to having more reaction, but I do really like some of the ideas you have up there. The two that peek my interest the most are Atlantis (although it looks like there are others who have expressed interest in that one as well) and Outnumbered.

I would start a PM with you right now to further discuss them, but my paper isn't going to write words without my help so I just thought I would at the very least throw my hat into the ring and see if it goes anywhere. I will have more time to discuss things after Wednesday because then my exams will be done and my life will once again by mine to control.

Hello there; I don't know whether you are accepting any more potential partners, but if you are, I would love to see if we could work together. If you are still accepting, I'll send a PM your way tomorrow, including a more detailed introduction and my writing preferences. I must say though, I really enjoyed all of the plots you offered. Too many good choices!

[QUOTE="Dear Inspector]Hello there; I don't know whether you are accepting any more potential partners, but if you are, I would love to see if we could work together. If you are still accepting, I'll send a PM your way tomorrow, including a more detailed introduction and my writing preferences. I must say though, I really enjoyed all of the plots you offered. Too many good choices!

[/QUOTE]
I look forward to reading your PM tomorrow, then. (:

Note: If you PMed me but haven't heard back from me, I apologise. :P I cleared out a whole bunch of PMs (over one hundred) from my inbox and believe I may have deleted some I didn't mean to. Please feel free to reach out to me again and I promise I won't delete them this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back