• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking Again!

TheObsessedOne

The Source of Cringe
Yeah, yeah, just like everyone else on this site.

I despise long rule lists, so basically just:

1) Be normal (meaning no breakdowns in my inbox if I don't respond within the next five minutes, no OOC flirting, that sort of thing.)
2) Sapphic pairings only.
3) You need to actually want to write. I won't chase you down for posts because that's not what I do, but if you're one of those people who enjoy chatting about the plot more than writing itself, then this is not going to work. I don't remotely expect you to write 24/7, though please, make some time for this.
4) PMs and threads are both okay! I've mostly been using PMs, but I have no real preference between the two.
5) I'm swear I'm friendlier than this probably makes me sound, lol. I just value being direct and would prefer to receive the same directness from you. OOC chatter is more than welcome, though; being silly in the PMs while drama is unfolding IC is always the best.

Okay, so plots! Yeah, I have some. Big deal. Suggest changes or not, but come to me with something. Ideally, I'd like to hear some ideas about the character you'd like to play, proposed plot direction, that sort of thing.

One of our characters is a badass... item procurer, let's say. Some would call her a thief or a bounty hunter, but she knows better than to fall for the mainstream propaganda. Either way, she gets the job of a lifetime; some sucker is willing to pay a lot of money for some bullshit artifact on the other end of the galaxy. Except, surprise? The artifact turns out to be a person, and apparently that planet's very goddess. Whoops! That... wasn't really the plan, to put it lightly, but she's kinda there already, kicking ass and taking names, and so she does kidnap the woman. Money is money, right? Yeah, but maybe she's gotten herself into something far messier than she anticipated.

Strange murders are happening all over the country. Character A, a jaded detective, was sent to deal with the case, and, soon enough, the clues end up pointing towards a mysterious, totally-not-Lovecraft-knock-off cult. The situation becomes even messier when an equally mysterious woman shows on the detective's doorstep; apparently, she managed to escape from the cult, and has an important testimony to make. Why does she seem so familiar, though? Could there be some connections to the past the detective herself has forgotten, or is she just imagining things?

A regular 21st century person wakes up from her cryogenic sleep, only to find herself in a dystopian hellscape. As one of the few genetically unmodified people alive, she's considered both an exciting oddity and the subject of an old prophecy. As such, the local war matron takes an interest in her. Initially, her goal is to harness any power this stranger might have, but how does this develop?

When a new, aquatic planet is discovered just outside of our solar system, nobody expects that this one, out of all the others, would carry intelligent life. It is so, though, and diplomatic contact is quickly established. Character A is one of those diplomats, ordered to leave her old life behind and live with the locals. As strange as this planet is, and as much as she misses her home, everything seems to go just great; after all, this definitely is a dream gig. Especially since she gets to live in the palace with the royal family! Well, at least until she's kidnapped by Character B, a leader of a local rebellion, and made to realize that not everything is as idyllic as it seems. A strange illness is involved, as well as ritual sacrifices and attempts to appease pissed off gods. Whoopsie?

Traversing the space is never simple, and it gets even more complicated when eldritch horrors enter the equation. Character A, a spaceship captain, knows a thing or two about that. She doesn't actually remember what happened during that fateful journey, mind you; she just knows her crew was lost, and she barely survived herself. Now she seeks to unlock those memories, with the help of a new crew. But, hey, isn't Character B acting weird? She's a competent enough navigator, yes, but trouble always seems to follow her, and she knows things that she very much should not.

It wouldn't perhaps be fair to say that Character A is spoiled, but she is a princess, and so she has never known anything but life of privilege. Well... until recently. A coup, spearheaded by an enemy the royal family forgot about, shattered those calm days. Now a sole survivor, the princess must secretly travel to a neighboring country where her fiance lives. Obviously, only he can help. The only person she can rely on to get there? Character B, a female knight who saved her from the bloodbath. Naturally, things only get more complicated when feelings emerge.

Also been in the mood for space-y shenanigans and horror in general, so feel free to suggest things! Urban fantasy is cool, too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back