• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings long-term writing partner search! (update: 7.8.19)

satanael

it's showtime !
hey all you cool kids

i'm sort of really itching for a crossover rp, with the potential for shipping. i'd love to find someone who's just as into world-building as i am, with a desire to create a space for us to write our favorites together. while i'm really big on writing canons, i'm open to the idea of tossing a bunch of our OCs into this space as well. if you've ever participated in a panfandom roleplay before, that's basically what this is, except it'll be just you and me writing the entire cast of characters (and NPCs).

a bit about myself as a roleplayer:
  • strong preference for third person, present tense (but obviously, i can write in past tense).
  • i average about 150 words per response, but i can fluctuate between 100 to 1000 depending on how involved the current scene is.
  • i loooove banter and exploring character dynamics
  • dialogue is my strong suit. historical accuracy is... not. (just giving you a heads-up in case you wanted to write anyone from a different time period - that's not been altered in some way).
  • ooc chatter is super duper appreciated and i tend to lose interest without it
if you've read all that and aren't sold on the idea, here's a miscellaneous word bank and we can discuss other potential plots:

frenemies / social outcasts / slow burn / found family / vampires / urban magic / aura / reincarnation / crystals / prophecy / road-trip / overcoming pre-destiny / subversion / war-torn nations / oasis / pyre / solarpunk / starlight / school days / coffeeshop au

misc. ideas:
  • a coffee shop that's actually a front for taking in people who've either been ostracized by their families or society + the employees all moonlight as paranormal investigators
  • an explorer's guild that's trying to investigate a mysterious set of ruins where souls are entangled. every time a floor is completed, a soul is freed and joins the encampment (which gradually becomes a bustling village, possibly a kingdom).

Last edited:
Hey there! Would've sent a PM but I've just made my account so I'm not able to yet, throw a PM my way if what's below interests you and we can talk there to keep off of the thread. Sorry in advance. :)

I've just gotten off of playing Persona 4 Golden through to the end so I'm kinda high off of Persona-ness. Judging from your name/profile picture you also look like a fan, and from how you've described yourself (shorter responses, to the point, poetic style) you're exactly the kind of thing I'd be looking for in a partner to write original Persona stuff. Particularly I'd wanna craft some stuff around a theme of our own (in the way that P3's all about life/death, P4's about truth/lies/misconceptions and P5's about rebellion/tyranny/liberty), work out our own setting and major issue (P3 had Tartarus, P4 had the TV world/the investigation, and P5 had the palaces/heists), and hopefully our own group of characters that we can grow as time goes on. It doesn't have to be hyper complex in the slightest so don't feel too daunted by the prospect of having to design it all hyper carefully. Not saying we'd end up playing tons of characters, but if you enjoy playing multiple characters then I'd be totally up for that since the diverse casts of the games are such a big part of them.

In short - looking to do original Persona stuff and you seem to be exactly the kind of writer I'd be looking for. If you'd be up for that fandom, hmu! Sorry again for posting on here rather than PM-ing you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back