• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Long-Term Detailed Partner Search [Closed]

BlueMars

Tired
Hi there! I'm Nova and I'm in search of a couple of long-term RP partners. Below you'll find some stuff about my preferences and expectations, which I hope you will take the time to read. It would be great if you don't skim or skip reading through =) Okay, so onto the interesting stuff! C:

A B O U T  M E 

Firstly I am a college student, and may get busy at random times. Roleplaying is a great way for me to unwind after a long day, but I can't be on all day everyday, so my reply time will vary depending on my mood and availability. I love creating worlds and characters and, clearly, I love writing with others. As a result of my own busy schedule and moody inspiration bursts, I do not mind at all if it takes you some time to respond to me, I am very patient (ask any of my current RP partners.) I will certainly wait for you and I hope that you'd be just as patient with me. If I am to disappear for any reason, I will let you know beforehand and expect the same from you.  I am also an artist, which means that if our roleplay finds a special place in my heart (which, I sure hope it does!) I will draw our characters and write short stories about them and fangirl and the like. Roleplay is also great way to find inspiration for me, which brings me to the topic of OoC. I really encourage it! I may seem a bit shy but I do get talkative, so please don't be afraid to chit-chat with me, about our OC's even if anything. Being good friends with my partners enhances the roleplay a lot for me. Plus, I don't think I bite.

P R E F E R E N C E S 

• Level of Detail: I looove detail, as in, 3+ big paragraphs per post. I fully understand that at some points in the story extreme detail hinders the action and excitement (in which case of course I wouldn't mind us cutting down on detail a little) but please at least keep the posts at 2 good-sized paragraphs minimum, or I will lose interest really fast. I'd like to exchange samples before starting an RP. Unless you'd rather not. Also, I'd appreciate it if you have a good grasp of grammar, vocabulary, and spelling. Your spelling and grammar don't have to be perfect, of course, though I like feeling that you put as much thought, passion, and care in creating your posts as I do. If you are not passionate about detailed writing and world-building, then I may not be the partner for you.
  • Plots and Genres: My favorite genres are Scifi and Fantasy, and I have experience roleplaying in both settings. I do not mind violence and action, in fact, I enjoy action a lot. I do not mind romance, either, as long as it's not the main focus of our plot. Romance is not a requirement. Of course, site rules apply and we are going to fade to black should things develop. I enjoy any sub-genres of Scifi and Fantasy, and even mixing both. I don't enjoy anything that is slice of life, or anything set in our modern day. I also really like historical fiction! So I wouldn't mind doing anything inspired by history.
  • Romance: I will play male main characters 99.9% of the time, but I can double. If you'd like romance, I am only comfortable and experienced doing MxF. Please no smut/sex scenes. If things develop that far, we will fade to black.
  • Fandoms: I am a fan of many video games and shows and movies and the like, which I will list soon. As a sign you have read the rules thus far, please write your favorite ice cream flavor somewhere in your PM/post when contacting me. I do not play cannon characters and would like to use only the lore and world of whichever things we're fans of, if you're interested in that. As of right now, I am really craving a Dragon Age: Inquisition RP!
  • Forums or PM: I don't mind either, but my BBCoding skills aren't awesome, though I'd be happy to learn.

I D E A S 

Okay, whew, so that was a long read, but hopefully you made it this far. I'd give you a cookie for keeping up with me, haha! I would like to let you know one more thing about my preferences, though, before I list my fandoms. I get so attached to my characters and I am really passionate about world and story building. I could take the time to build a new world from scratch, complete from lore to religion to history with you and we could work our way through that with our characters, exploring as we go. If you're interested and serious enough about turning our RP into a webcomic after a few years, and if I have enough passion about our RP, then I would gladly start something like that with you. It would be perfect if you share that very same passion with me and enjoy world building as well. Generally, I expect my partner to contribute to the plot as much I do, it's not fun if I do all the work without feedback. I am very flexible and open to suggestions and new ideas, and I like complicated concepts and worlds. If you have watched Inception and enjoyed it, you probably know what I mean. Now, finally, some things I like (those marked by stars show what I'm really looking forward to at the moment):

Games

Mass Effect Trilogy

Dragon Age (Origins and Inquisition)**

BioShock Infinite**

Nier

Devil May Cry 4*

Books

The Witcher/The Last Wish Here

There Be Dragons

Shows/TV:

Something inspired by Inception

Something inspired by Sherlock (still watching but read many stories)

Trigun**

Cowboy Bebop (still watching)

Claymore**

Heroic Age (still watching)

Historical Periods/Cultures:

Roman Empire

Medieval Europe

Victorian Era

Vikings

*We can mix and match these historical prompts with fantasy or scifi, and I do not mind messing around with the actual facts and culture to create something original, like Medieval fantasy, for example.

Random Ideas

Here are random little ideas and snippets that could be turned into original plots if you're interested. I would be interested in playing Character A, though I'm up for negotiations if you fancy that role. All of these can include romance and can be heavily edited and used for multiple settings. I kept them as vague and simple as I could for that. C:

I. Character A is an elf and Character B is a human, two races that generally despise each other. Though both characters are taken prisoners of war by a stronger race (Orcs/giants for example) and have to cooperate to escape, only to find that most of the world they've known is being destroyed by said race.

II. Character A is a powerful angel being that has been summoned to protect an heir to a small kingdom (could possibly be Character B) And Character B is the summoner of Character A, and the future king's adviser and friend. However, the heir is very rebellious and does not believe in the angel's role or abilities to protect him, which makes the job harder on Characters A & B and thus they have to work together to find a way to protect the inexperienced, reckless heir.

II. Character A is from a small, secret guild of 'guardians' who find and train apprentices in fighting beings that are affected by an ancient curse. In case this is a scifi setting, the evil beings would corrupt AI's and computers to turn them against their users. However, the training is long and hard on both sides, and though guardians live longer than the average human, many could die in preparing their apprentice, or even in finding or saving them for another guardian to train. Character B runs into Character A by accident one night and saves his life. Character A is impressed by Character B's bravery and decides to take them as his apprentice, despite how other guardians show their disapproval for his decision (perhaps Character B is from a not-so-popular race, or is a thief/criminal, up to you.)

IV. Character A is a diplomat/ambassador sent to Character B's country. A third party who somehow benefit from war frame Character A's country, though character B is at the wrong place and time, and witnesses an event that proves the country of Character A is innocent and did not really want war. As a result, the mysterious third party kidnaps Character B, and knowing that Character B could be a witness, Character A tries to save them and they both try to uncover the mysterious third party and stop a war from escalating. 

V. Character A is a former demon hunter and Character B is half demon or a shapeshifter, but has been disguised as a human for so long. One day, Character A falls in trouble and Character B saves them. Character A decides to return the favor, not knowing Character B's true nature. 

VI. Character A is a Privateer who has been honorably discharged because of mysterious reasons. The people at his hometown are unwelcoming and fear him, suspecting that he is a ruthless killer. Until one day, he saves Character B from some bandits. Tired of the town's ungrateful people, he decides to be a wanderer and takes off. Will Character B follow him out of curiosity?  

Thank you so much for reading! Have a great day, and happy writing C:

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Seer]Could we discuss a plot for the Mass Effect trilogy? It's a great game series... Cx

[/QUOTE]
It is, indeed! Do PM me the requirements stated in the original post plus any ideas you have, please. :)

NovaRell said:
It is, indeed! Do PM me the requirements stated in the original post plus any ideas you have, please. :)
Unfortunately, I've yet to make the required 10 posts to PM you, so could you start the conversation, please? (This will be my 9th post...man, I need to get more active!)

I'd be interested in creating a world from scratch, although I can't PM anyone at the moment. (And it's strawberry.)

Hello! I would be very interested in discussing line #1 with you in more detail if you're still looking for writing partners? I JUST signed up however so I'm seeing that I may not be able to do PMing yet...?

I'd be really interested in a Dragon Age rp if you're still up for one! :) We could definitely hash out some plots or something :)

Hello there! I'm as well looking for a long term rp partner. My roleplays are anime based and I'll give you exactly what I'm looking for and you can let me know if you're up for roleplaying with me. I use original characters (i.e characters made by me) and write a lot. At first this may seem very specific however I'm looking for a partner I can roleplay with on the regular (meaning minimum once a month). Although I'm looking for a male lead in my stories, I dont mind yuri based rps on occasion. I averagely write 7-12 sentences in my replies so expect to be reading aloooot.

I love the idea of romance, it literally is my favorite of all favorites, and don't mind if it leads to something else as long as it goes with the plot and isn't excessively thrown around.

I have a list of criteria that I look for but am able to adapt if need be

---IMPORTANT (willing to adapt if needed)---

Prefer Female, playing the male lead

At a minimum, I would like 4-5 sentences per response, I love having detail spurs in roleplays.

I hate when responses are in first person

Smut should not be thrown around at random times, should go with the story

No cheating, sexual violence, and abuse in the roleplay (Force is allowed though, just nothing extreme)

Prefer self created characters and plots

I enjoy brainstorming plots with my partners

Prefers an active partner (2 - 3 posts a day)

Prefers one on one

Willing to play multiple characters if needed

Excessive fluff creeps me out, but average amount of fluff is a winner

-----PLOT CANDIES-----

Princess based plots

School life based plots

Horror with Romance based plots

Supernatural Romantic (Werewolves, Vampires, Demons, ect) based plots

Casual Romance based plots

-----THINGS I DO NOT ROLEPLAY----

Mecha

Fandoms (unless with OC characters)

Furry

Mpreg

Yaoi

I like a lot of your plot ideas :) Unfortunately I'm not into any of the fandoms you mentioned though if you won't mind doing an OC RP I'd love to do any of the plots you're craving! I also love all the historical periods you mentioned though I'm probably most knowledgeable with the Roman Empire (art student and artist here too, I love Greek and Roman art and the myths so often read up on it :))

Well I like Vampire Knight, Attack on Titan and such, so we could RP Fantasy at least! Let me know please:)

Okay, thank you everyone for your interest! I am terribly sorry for those whom I haven't reached!! I forgot to edit my title to CLOSED, but I am now booked. I will certainly contact you all should I need RP partners before searching for more, and again apologies! I can't handle more RP's than I currently have, not with college around. I will contact any of you if I have available space C:

Ah lol. You should give Fem shep a try too. Really good voice acting! Haha tali was my favorite female characters besides femshep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back