Login Here

Clancy caught his breath for a moment. "I invested a bit into Agility. I can move fast, but my flesh is basically tissue paper." He opened his UI to show her the measily 30 HP he had, as well as the not-so-measily 110 MP he had. Lurie had more for certain, but it was a good amount of MP for his level.

"So, uhh..." he looked back at Plinto, "Oh, I'm sorry! I'm Clancy. This is Plinto, a rogue. It's nice to meet you all! They seem nice, Lurie." He offered to shake Syria and Ludwig's hands.
Angelostar4 Angelostar4 RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Lurie kept in pace with Syria and Ludwig as she spoke to Clancy. She was kind of interested in what he was doing that whole time.

"So, Clancy, I take it the rogue is the plus one you mentioned earlier. Who is he? A friend of your's?"

Sizniche Sizniche

"Well, uh... short story, he is literally a guy I picked up off of the street," Clancy said, "or rather, picked up off the inn. I went to check there for the guild we were looking for and get some food since I hadn't eaten all day yesterday, and I met him when he walked in. Of course, I have no money for food, so I asked him for some coin for food and explained my predicament, and I decided to have him tag along. So, how did you happen across the people you're with?" He asked.

He looked around at the scenery, breathed in the air. It smelled as fresh as it did in the real world. "Man, if you told me VR would be this good back in the Oculus days, I would have laughed you off. Damn."

He looked back at Lurie. "You know, we just kind of went off looking for this mystery guild, and I barely even know who you are. Tell me about yourself."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Lurie giggled at Clancy's story.
"You probably could have gotten something to eat if you killed some monsters or took a quest while you were seeing the sights. I I'll admit, it is nice huh. You can even hear the wind in the leaves. Hmmm, as for myself. I plan on going into VR. I absolutely love it. Heh, speaking of the oculus, I still have the first version sitting in my room when they were letting people try it. When I hear the first big mmo to hit VR was coming out, I had to try it.

Lurie smiled at the thought of the headset rest in it's spot on her desk.

"As for my friends Syria and Ludwig here, I met them at the gate of the city. They agreed to take me to the caves with them. Which I'm thankful for. By the way, what did you play for?"

Sizniche Sizniche

"I mean, why would anybody else play? I like games. Well, I also write strategy guides, so that's a large chunk of the reason why I'm here." Clancy looked around the wilderness. "I wish I could have enjoyed all this under better circumstances." He looked back at Lurie. "So, you're interested in VR, huh? I always thought it had potential. It's a shame this incident will bury the full-immersion VR market for years to come; it'll take more than a PR team to sweep this incident under the rug." Clancy then took a moment to realize what he just said. Wow, way to take a dark turn on that one. "Well, why did you start playing? Aside from your love of VR, of course."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Last edited:
"Hmm, idk. I bet the could savage something out of it. It's VR after all, and you knkw how the big shots love their progression. It's only a matter of te before stuff like this gets user for the military, if it isn't already. As for why I'm playing, it's mostly vr really, but I like to have fun every once and awhile too. I'm not much of a fighter, and between ranger and healer, like this class more. What about you? I mean, no offense, but mage seems more lime a class a roleplayer would pick. Reading the guide made it seem more of a jack of all trades class. Warlock is more offensive of the two magical classes."

Lurie found it odd that he was a mage, since he was not roleplaying, and didn't seem like a person to get nostalgic about the old days of gaming to pick the class. Maybe he just liked being able to do a little of everything? Clancy didn't seem like the kind not to read a game's guide.

Sizniche Sizniche

"Well, I WAS going to try every single class, but... well, you know what happened," Clancy said, "Either way, I'm a magic type of person, so I naturally went with the typical class you'd expect to be the main offensive magical class. Plus, the guide says Warlock is a pain to play early on, which is definitely not something you want when you're making another, more fleshed-out guide. I only realized the guide was absolutely full of it when the game locked down." He scratched the back of his head. "I'm actually kinda embarrassed I didn't see that one coming. Fifteen years of experience with this stuff. I guess it just goes to show how much this game breaks tradition, huh?"

He took out his staff. "Can't even equip a real weapon. I have to use this. Honestly, I'd snap this thing over my knee if it wasn't for the fact that it would be the only thing keeping me alive in a fight."

"Well, I've rambled enough. Do you have any interests besides VR? Gaming has pretty much been my life, unfortunately for my social life, but I dabble in a lot of different other things."

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Lurie laughed. "Don't worry, I'm kind of stuck in the same boat too with my healers amulet." She patted the mace on her waist. "At least I'm allow to equip this. Things really hurt in this game. Hmm, well, I like to draw and I'm not bad with people either, though I wouldn't say that I feel the need to constantly be around people as well. You know, I'm surprised, I didn't take you as someone who goes for the typical thing. Though I guess when making guides, it makes it easier. I've never used a guide before myself."

Sizniche Sizniche

"I really only just write them and glance over the game information if I'm reeeeeaaally stuck. It irritates me to no extent to have to go through hours of tutorials and information just to play a game. You know, I'm rather insulted you'd call the Mage class the 'typical thing' as if I'm a filthy casual or something," he joked, "But anyways, I wish I had solid interests like that. I kind of shift from hobby to hobby. My only constant has ever really been gaming. Boy, that must sound like a riveting way to live, huh?" He gave a bit of a nervous laugh. His anti-social was showing.

"So Lurie," he said, beginning to change the subject, "For some reason, that name doesn't come off as random to me. Someone picking a random name would pick something cliche like... Nightshade*. Any specific reason you picked it?"

*Note: this was not a coincidental choice. He remembered it from the name list for Eclipse.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Hey, beats a nine to five job right?" Lurie pretended to not notice Clancy's nervous laugh and continued with the conversion. "As for my name, well it's basically a shorted version of my friend's name. Not really anything real special, hah, sorry to disapoint if you were looking for something out of the ordinary. Anything going on with the name that you picked?"

Sizniche Sizniche

"It has to do with the first game I ever picked up and played. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, PlayStation 2 port. I was only four. Somehow I got to mission twelve way back when." He chuckled for a moment. "I bought it again a few years ago, the PC version this time. I don't know how, maybe the console version was easier, or I was just some sort of military simulation wunderkind, but I could barely get past mission six. But, I'm rambling at this point." He takes a look around the forests. "I wonder how far we are..."

Clancy then pulls a large rolled up sheet of paper out of his backpack and pulls out the area map he made. The map shown signs of haste, with roughly drawn lines and inconsistent shading. However, the map paradoxically seemed to have been designed carefully, as the spacing and directions of roads and landmarks seemed to be accurate.

"I'm not sure if I found the cave yesterday or not. Then again, I don't remember everything I did yesterday. How far from town is it?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"Well.. I live near Osaka" Mist said with a sigh. "We were going to be moving to Tokyo in a few days but that doesn't seem to be happening right?" she said with a small laugh. She liked the warmth Katta's body gave off under the blanket. She knew it wasn't real, but it only had to feel real. "What about you?" she asked Katta, hoping she was near where she lived in the real world.
Tsutarji Tsutarji

Katta blushed slightly, she snuggled more into Mist and she smiled at her " Tokyo...." she said and she stared into her eyes " Man i wish this was real i would so kiss you " she said and she drooped "Your so warm" she whispered and she drooped " So Osaka...sounds nice.." she said and she blushed " so What do you like to do for fun?" she asked.
CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny

Lurie took a quick peek at Clancy's map.

"It can't be too far away now. Oh yeah."

Lurie turned her head around to look at the rouge. "Heya there, sorry you got roped into all of this. Did Clancy happen to tell you who we were after by any chance?"

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Plinto had just hung back while Clancy and Lurie were having a nice chat. He didn't mind that weren't paying attention to him, they had no reason to say much more to him. He had kept himself focused on what he was going to do to increase the speed at which he can level up. He didn't want to be stuck at the city of beginnings and from what he remembers from the test that he did most of the actual stuff to do in the game were in the city of light.

He looked up when he heard lurie talk to him. "Oh it's no problem, I did have anything else planned to do for today so this could be fun. And yeah he told me your were looking for the guys who took down the first boss. That sounds very interesting, I assume you must have a good reason to want to find them."

Sizniche Sizniche RaynaFon RaynaFon

Yuna watched Loki's fight, with elegance and powerfull attacks Loki had attacked the hemogoblin, she almost made it look easy. Yuna was reliefed when the fight was over, although it was easyer as she had expected. she smiled at Loki's compliment "thank you" she said happily, sitting down next to Loki.

Fabian went over to them aswell, sniffed Loki' hand and took the bread. then the jumped on the rock and pushed himself inbetween Loki and Yuna, stretched and layed down.

Yuna looked at the fox and pet it. "oh, no thanks" she said when Loki offered her bread aswell, then she nodded "yea, paris" she said slowly "it's not that great actually, if I could I would defenitly move to some kind of quieter place..." she saighed as she thought of her home.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Loki grinned and patted Fabs head. "Not a city girl huh? I'm a little in between. I don't like huge crowds, but at the same time, I like being about to go out and do things. Oh! We should share some recipes sometime. You seem lime you're a great cook. Since I life by myself mostly, I do all of my cooking alone. I think it'd be fun to have someone doing it alone side me for once." Loki smiled at Yuna.

Putting her bread away, Loki stood up. The goblins had respawn, so it was back to tue fight. Loki held out her left hand towards Yuna, grabing hold of her scythe with the other.

"What'ca say? Sound like a good idea?"
Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Yuna smiled, it wasn't true that she wasn't a city girl, it was more because she hated how expensive everything was in paris, how chaotic everthing was and how snobby the people were. she hated paris, the place had too many memmories for her. however, she didn't dissagree but simply smiled and nodded to Loki.

Then Loki brought up cooking and this time Yuna smiled for real "exchanging recipes sounds great! would love to cook together with you" she said happily.

She looked up when the goblins respawned, she took Loki's hand and stood up, her hand on her bow. "sounds like a great idea" she said "now let's kill some goblins!"

she looked over her shoulder to Fabian "c'mere boy" she said "you're gonna train a bit aswell"

RaynaFon RaynaFon

"You bet," Clancy said to Plinto, "A guild that good would put us on the right foot forward. Granted, they have no reason to accept strangers, and they probably get flooded with requests, but one can hope. Maybe we can prove ourselves somehow." He was looking down at his map as he said this, memorizing the path they were taking. "Hey, my map might be a bit off; we should be there by n—" he looked up from his map for the first time in the past few minutes to witness the dark, intimidating mouth of the cave. "Well, I spoke too soon."

He looked over at Plinto, then at Syria, then Ludwig, then finally Lurie. "Well, I guess we're here. Point of no return." Clancy was worried about going into a dungeon well above his level.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Angelostar4 Angelostar4

"It's a date then." Loki laughed, "Just call out if you need anything partner, otherwise we'll do it like before. Though you're probably more than capable of handle it, so I'll doubt you'll need my help at all."
Loki smiled and rushed over to the goblins, once again she weakened the common ones for Yuna to pick off easily with her bow or dagger, then taking on the hobgoblin. Making sure not to hit or step on Fabz while fighting, she quickly handle the hobgoblin like last time. She was happy that the AI programming for the goblins was quite dumb, or it would be a lot harder.

Continuing this pattern, Yuna, Fabian and Loki kept killing goblins as they watched each other's backs and soon enough Yuna gain two levels just before Loki got her first. In between the fights, Loki would stave off the wait by spending her time going over ideas she had with Yuna, some being her food and potions store, things she thought might be achievements. She also joked to Yuna about the notice board still being full with requests about who they were.

"Heh, maybe you have a fanbase." Loki joked and nudged Yuna in a playful manner. "Don't worry, If they give you any trouble I'll deal with them if you want."

Loki also spent some time petting Fabian. VR was really great sometimes. The fox was very soft and it felt nice petting it. Loki almost didn't want to stop but they did come to the cave to train, so sadly she had to.

After another hour and a half of fighting, Loki got her second level and Yuna was close to getting her third. It couldn't have come sooner, as she was starting to feel a bit sore from all of the fighting. Stretching her shoulder, Loki called out to Yuna.

"What'ca say, switch places with the others, or do you wanna finish off the last bit of exp for your lvl?"

Laurie looked at the mouth of the cave, then went behind Clancy and started to push him forward. "Well, there's no time like the present, let's go!" She wasn't really keen on going first and because she was a healer, she had to go in after the others right? How else could she heal them if something went wrong? She'd have Pin go first, but she didn't really know him yet, so she pushed Clancy on ahead.

"Come on, no reason to be afraid! If anything happens I can heal you."

Sizniche Sizniche

Yuna blinked "a-a... Date?" she muttered surprised but she didn't have the time to really stop and think about it as she had to get back to fighting.

Together they slayed the goblins, it was nice to fight with Loki by her side, they were a great team. They gained xp at lightning speed and soon yuna leveld up, twice. Inbetween the fight she had some nice chats with loki about all kinds of subject, aswell as some joking about how Yuna had a fanbase. She surely hoped that she didn't, she didn't want people to notice her.

Fabian got some good training aswell, the little fox gained xp from the goblins he helped to kill and leveld up too. He also started to bond with Loki, he seemed to like her.

Yuna had lost track of the time but by the time she almost reached level six, loki asked if they could switch with the others. Yuna nodded "yea, let's stop here, it doesn't matter if I level up now or later, let's take a break" she said and stretched. She was tired and her muscles felt sore, it was quite an exersise they had gotten. Once again, Yuna was amazed by how real this all was, it was almost frightning. She looked at fabian, who seemed to be tired aswell.

Then she walked back to the camp and sat down next to the fire, poked in it a bit so it wouldn't burn out and then got out some of the food she had in her inventory and took a bite. She threw some at Fabian, who sat down next to her, and looked at Loki "want some too?" she asked with a friendly smile.

"Ah, thanks." Loki smiled and sat down next to Yuna and took a bit of the food she was offering. Loki then waved at Mahan. "Heya Mahan, you guys are free to go now. Good luck out there."

Loki took a bite out of her food. "Wow, this is pretty good. You know, this is the first time I'm actually having rabbit. Not bad." Loki smiled and opened up her UI.

"Don't forget about your stats. We've both got ten points to play around with."

Loki puzzled over the five stats she wanted to use. She already knew what she was going to do with her first five stats and put them into

Loki
HP: 110/110 MP: 300/300
Strength: 20
Agility: 10
Constitution: 11
Intelligence: 30
Spirit: 13
Free Points: 5

Being the even number freak that she was, Loki decided to use one of the rings of minor health she got as a drop and equip it on one of her ring slots. Then decided to give herself three more points in Intelligence and two points to Agility.

Loki
HP: 120/120 MP: 330/330
Strength: 20
Agility: 12
Constitution: 11
Intelligence: 33
Spirit: 13
Free Points: 0

Happy with the end result, Loki confirmed her stats and yawned.

"Man...I wish they didn't make so much of the game so realistic. Doing all that fighting good me pretty tired."

Laying her head on Yuna's shoulder, Loki closed her eyes for a bit.

"So, cannon fodder? That's you strategy?" Clancy said to Lurie, "You're such a merciful soul. Reminder, I have basically no health." He showed her his UI with his 30 HP again. He put the UI away again and sighed. "Fine, I'll lead if you're more comfortable with me out front. Healers should be in the back anyway. I'm surprised you didn't pick the warriors, though."

He looked at the cave opening again and sighed. "All hope abandon ye who enter here." And with that, he took his first steps into the cave.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Angelostar4 Angelostar4 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Yuna smiled happily, the food was indeed good. then she chuckled a bit "it's my first time to have rabit aswell, it was a bit of an experiment actually" she admitted "but it turned out very well! although I'm curious if rabit tastes like this in the real world aswell, I never had it there so there is no way to be sure"

She was a bit surprised when Loki fell asleep on her shoulder, again, though she didn't mind it. it was true that this game was really realistic and Yuna was tired after the fight aswell. She didn't want to move and risk disturbing loki however so she opener her UI and put her freshly earned stat points into her stats. she swapped them around a bit untill she was satisfied.

strength: 11
intelect: 10
agility: 18
spirit: 8
constitution: 7

When she was done she stared into the fire, petting Fabian while dozing off a bit.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back