Login Here

Lurie followed behind Clancy as they went into the cave, it wasn't as dark as she had first thought it was thanks to the torches on the wall, but it was still hard to see very far away.

"M-man, too nad Gandore isn't here to tell us we can't pass huh?"

Laurie chuckled nervously and looked around to see if there was anything hiding in the shadows.

"Hey, Clancy, see anything up ahead? I light or maybe a bigger space?"

She thought about running on ahead, our running back out for that matter, but also didn't feel like leaving the supposed safety of her shield.

Sizniche Sizniche

Clancy had to hold back the urge to correct Lurie and say that it's actually Gandalf and the phrase is 'you shall not pass' and that the mines of Moria were a lot more carefully carved and holy mother of God I need to get out of the house more.

"Hmmm. I dunno. I wish I could cast my light ability, but I don't have the level for it yet," he said, "Maybe we can burn something?" He squinted to try and see ahead, but to no avail.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Mahan had decided to just sit at the fire and relax since someone needed to watch out for danger. Plus because He was the only one that could heal another person for the sake of keeping Yuna safe. Loki had her own healing ability and was very strong so there was little chance she would need saving though. In all honesty sitting there was very boring as nothing really happened during that time. He could think of nothing more than moving on past the beginning area so he could unearth the secrets of this new world.

After a couple hours had passed Both Loki and Yuna had finished and it was finally there turn to get a shot at increasing their levels. He really wanted his his chance to gain levels so he didn't get behind Loki. It wasn't because Loki was a girl or any other kind of sexist reason. Just the gamer in him saying that he needed to become the best, even out of his friends.

He got up and moved over to get Nightshade from his tent. "Hey the girls are done now it is our turn to get stronger," he said opening the tent. He didn't wait sure that Nightshade would just come on out ready to start taking out the goblins. Now he wasn't sure what he might find going to the tent Katta and Mist were in so he just shook the tent so they would know to come out.

"Alright you guys we gotta get in there, hit hard and hit fast." He was real excited so he just felt like winging it and not making a plan.
RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze @Talon Lena Oxton Tsutarji Tsutarji

Lurie frowned and searched her skill list.

"H-here let me try s-something."
Casting light shield, everyone in the group started to glow with a protective barrier around them.

"How's that? You can see a bit more now right? You can see, can't you? It's not blinding right?"

Lurie was hoping that her skill didn't cause more problems than fix the ones that were there already. Since the area they were in was lit up by the shields, Lurie was start to get less afraid and stopped hanging around near Clancy's back.

"Huh, I guess it's not to bad in here....hey!" Lurie pointed over Clancy's shoulder. "Is that a light or something up ahead? It's pretty big! Like a giant fire!"

Sizniche Sizniche

Clancy looked back when Lurie began talking. Judging from the stutter, she seemed genuinely uncomfortable. "Hey... are you alright?" He asked. Despite being used as cannon fodder for whatever terrifying beast might have lurked in the caves, he was still worried for her, if only because she was the only one to actually take him in.

Then she cast the light spell, and he noticed that she moved away from him. He was rather disappointed; it was kind of intriguing to play protector for a moment. It made him feel tough, despite the fact that Lurie was several fathoms more powerful than him. It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

After that, Lurie pointed out a light ahead. "Yeah, that does look like fire light; too large to be a torch, but too red to be anything but fire." Clancy then began sprinting ahead, to go up and see what the fire was.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Plinto had spent his time forcing himself to relax and just follow Clancy and Lurie in the cave without running ahead. Well mainly because he had no way to see in the dark by himself. The last thing he needed to do was run into a wall and give himself a headache.

The time spent was only making him wonder even more what this Eclipse guild was like. From what he heard from the others they were responsible for killing a boss so they must be really strong or really lucky. It would be nice to see which it would be.

They had reached to a point where they could see sign of a fire and Clancy bolted to see what was going on over there. He quickly followed behind and was a bit shocked a what he saw. A campsite in the middle of a dungeon.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Angelostar4 Angelostar4

Clancy commented on the fire and then rushed off to see what it was. Lurie held out her hand to tell him to hold on, when Pin also ran off. Lurie noticed that she was very much more alone and without two sources of lightthat made the cave much more bearable.

"H-Hey! W-Wait up! I want to see what what it is too!"

Nearly in tears, Lurie followed after them. It turned out to be a camp. Two people seemed to be resting near the fire while some others looked to be getting ready to fight the goblins inside the cave.

Panting from the sudden sprint, Lurie pointed out the obvious because she was still a bit scared from being left behind.

"O-oh hey, it was a firecamp."

Looking at the people that were resting, the names showed up as Yuna and Loki. This got Lurie's attention and she nudged Clancy. "Hey, aren't those two of the names that were on the list? I think we just found our group!"

Sizniche Sizniche Quinlan63 Quinlan63

"Shhh!" A sound came from a closed tent. Max slowly crawled out of his tent. "Don't wake them...! Loki's been flirting with that girl for the past two days," he said quietly but forcefully, "If you ruin this for her, who knows what she'll do!"

"O-okay..." Clancy said, taking a step back. He read the player's username; Nightshade. "Yep, this is definitely the Guild... hey, are you alright, Lurie?" He asked, looking over at her. The second Clancy uttered that, he knew it was a stupid question; of course not. "What's wrong?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Angelostar4 Angelostar4

"You guys left me alone in the dar-I mean I'm fine! The camp fire i-is just bright is all!" Lurie blushes and huffed.

"Anyways..." She said a little more quietly. "Why is there a sitecamp in the middle of a dungeon? Isn't that a weird weird? Also, you guys are Eclipse right? Cool, we've been looking all over for you guys. We'd like to join your guild."

"Voices! Voices! Damnit, how many times do I have to repeat myself?" Max whispered. He sighed. "Well, I'm not sure how Guild recruitment works in this game. I'm an officer, but I don't know if I can actually manage recruitment. You'd have to talk to Mahan, the guild leader." He looked in his inventory. "Damn, no food left."

Meanwhile, Clancy pretended that he didn't hear Lurie almost admit she was afraid of the dark. "It's alright, we can douse the fire a bit if you need us to, right Max?" He put a hand on Lurie's shoulder.

"No. You're not even supposed to be here," Max said, as walked off to find food.

RaynaFon RaynaFon

Last edited:
Yuna wasn't completely asleep yet and she woke up again as soon as she heard the voices of three other players comming into the cave. At first she was a little nervous because they could be a rival guild that would throw them out of the cave or something like that. But they seemed to be allright, she heard that they wanted to become part of the guild, their voices echoed through the cave.

She also heard shade say something about having no more food "hey, shade, I have some foor for you if you want it" she said as she send some of the grilled rabbit and the sweet and sour sauce his way.

Then she focussed on the group of new players, she waved friendly at them "eh... Hi" she said "nice to meet you all"

Mahan was in the zone and ready go kill goblins until he dropped from exhaustion. Nightshade had finally come out of his tent when someone made a loud noise sending him into a mini panic mode about Loki waking up and freaking out. "Dude you need to calm down, she isn't just going to out right try to kill anyone that quickly." He looked over to see who it could be and what they could want. He wanted to quickly get to killing goblins but it seemed that he was needed.

"So you wanted to join my guild you say?" He had gotten many request to join other guilds so this was a first to get the reverse. In light of the fact that they came at a bad time this was a good thing as he had big plans for the future and that would require many more to join them. Looking at them he could tell that there was a healer, mage, and rogue in their little group. Only the rogue seemed to have good gear on, but the healer had a mace. With that factored in that the mage was wearing the starting clothes it was clear that they wear all at least level 3 or lower.

No way they are PKers with their level and gear, it would be strange to see this as a plow to have us killed when no one knew we were even in the cave.

"Alright I'll let you all in, but I need to know one thing." He had to make one point before he sent any invites. "How did all even know where to find us? We never told anyone that we would be here and you all came looking for us specifically."
RaynaFon RaynaFon Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Sizniche Sizniche

Lurie shook her head. "It's fine, my eyes will adjust to the bright light soon enough. Plus he's right, we came to their camp uninvited." Truth be told, she was actually very happy that a big fire was here, it felt safe.

Lurie waved back at the dirty-blonde haired girl sitting next to the fire. Then the person who she thought was the gm of the guild showed up and asked a few questions.

"Oh, heh, I guess that would be me. Me and my friend here were looking for a group to join and decided to looked for the players that killed the first boss. We figured starting there was a good spot. So using the guild roster at the Guild Management building, we saw the list of names for officers and above, then looked around town for you all. That part didn't work out so well until I heard someone yelling about an unique dagger. I was shocked since it's only the second day of the game, but I figured, if anyone would be able to get a weapon if that, it would be you guys. So I got in with a group headed in the direction you guys went into the forest, and we eventually found ourselves at the mouth of a cave....why anyone would pick a dark cave to train in is beyond me, but details. Anyways, after traveling the cave for a bit, we saw your campfire and went to it, and now we're here."

Lurie smiled at the thought of finally finding them. It was almost like an achievement. They were the first to find the group after the boss fight that made rumors spread.

"Heh, you know you guys are pretty famous in town, everyone is trying to figure out who you guys are, but no one knows what you all look like since you never made your boss battle public, and word of mouth is a bad form of information passing."

Loki moved around slightly in her sleep and held Yuna's arm.

".....Don't go..." She muttered and fell silent once more.

Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Quinlan63 Quinlan63

"WELL THEN, I need to be going to... uhh... find... pants... yeah, pants," Max said panicked after Lurie mentioned the dagger, running away with the food handed to him before Mahan could reprimand him for potentially leading bandits to them.

"O-kay, weird," Clancy said. He looked over at Lurie. He knew her reaction to fire was a lie; in fact, considering the obvious phobia, it was probably comforting to her. He didn't have the heart to tell her that their two options from here were to either stay the night in the cave, or leave the cave and walk out at nighttime until they reach the town lights. "Well, you did a good job finding them, Lurie."

He then turned to address Mahan. "I think she covered everything adequately. Essentially, we went on an assumption. How did you get that dagger anyway? Can I see it?"

Clancy then yawned. "Man, I need rest," he said, "anyone got a spare tent I can pitch?"

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RaynaFon RaynaFon

Mahan had listen to the one named Lurie for what she had to say. For the most part he could tell that what she was saying was the truth based on the fact that he made the guild system and all of its functions, including the name display in the guild management building. Well now the only thing that raised some flags was the unique weapon but mainly because Shade started to freak out looking for pants that he was already wearing. He must think I'm going to be made or something. Well we are just going to need to be more careful about these kind of things later, too late to mad.

When she got to the part about them being famous he did even know what to think. Yeah he saw on the in-game forum that they had been mentioned they killed the goblin king. But nothing beyond that he didn't really notice anything because he wasn't being asked about it or trying to publicize their achievement. Well doesn't matter for now. If we can finish this dungeon first then maybe we can use that as a way to recruit more to the guild.

"Alright sounds legit, you clearly seem to be resourceful so I see no reason to not let you in," he said. He opened his UI and sent the guild invite to the three of them. He still had one more spot for an officer but decided to leave that empty for now. There was no need to put just anyone in that position until he had a good idea on who he could trust the most with that.

He noticed the fire was getting weaker so he put another piece of wood in it. "I'm not sure if I can say how we got the unique weapon because I wasn't there when it was made. But if you can get it out of him, my friend Nightshade freaking out about pants over there should have the answer for you." Normally he had no problem telling anyone about the stuff he knew but this was a bit different. As Nightshade was the one who made the dagger, he was responsible for whether anyone else would no about his smithing methods.
RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze

Clicking accept on the guild invite that popped up in front of her, Lurie looked happy as a notification that she had joined Eclipse flashed. Are you guys trying to clear the dungeon? I can help of you'd like."

Loki was dreaming about the girl again. More specifically, the time in which they would play in the forests near their homes. Those times would fly by so fast it seemed, and Loki would beg the girl to stay a bit longer, asking her not to leave. It would work sometimes, others it didn't. Loki's dreaming was interrupted by the sounds of a familiar and loud voice.

"WELL THEN"

"Sigh, just go back to sleep Loki. It's not important.."

Loki closed her eyes again, and tried to go back to sleep. Thankfully, Yuna's shoulder was surprisingly comfortable.

Sizniche Sizniche Summer Breeze Summer Breeze Quinlan63 Quinlan63

"Yeah, I'll join in, too," Clancy said. He was dog tired, but he needed extra levels. Plus, he wanted to make sure Lurie didn't panic in the dark. He accepted the guild invite as well. "So, goblins? Is the AI smart or simple? Do they crowd or attack individually? Are they ranged or melee?" He pulled out a notebook and prepared to take notes.

RaynaFon RaynaFon Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Plinto was a bit shocked to get an invite to join their guild just like that. He didn't really come there for that reason but he would be a fool to decline. "Thanks for the invite." He took a moment to quickly pitch up the tent that he had with all the others. He could hear Clancy with a thousand questions about the goblins in the cave.

Hmm he actually is smarter than most people that I meet in these kind of games.

"Yeah it does seem like a lot so if you are not opposed then we can join you to take this dungeon down."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mahan was happy that they wanted to join in with taking down the goblins. Even though that would increase the time to take to level up in the long run this be good for them. Although he did not expect to be asked a thousand question about how the goblins. He of course had the answers based off of watching how Yuna and Loki fought them but it was a lot to answer all at once.

"Ok slow down a minute," he replied to Clancy. "These goblins aren't anything to special they just have slightly higher stats than the ones outside. They aren't really that smart either but they will attack all at once because of the ability that they have. And they only fight at close so if you are a bit squishy when it comes to HP it might be best to keep your distance."

Thinking about it he might actually have to think of a strategy to fight them if they were going to be involved. "Ok if we are going to do this we will have Plinto and Nightshade as forward attackers. Both of you need to stay on your feet and take as little as damage as possible. Clancy and Lurie will stay in the rear giving support with their magic and healing. I will make sure that they don't take any hits so they can focus more. If we do this than we should be able to take out these goblins in no time."

With that he decide to give a little boost before they started off.

Honor For All- A 10% increase to the damage output and damage reduction has been applied to "Mahan's" party (Cooldown 1 hour)
RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Lurie nodded as Mahan went over the plan. Taking her mace out, she buffed the party with Light Shield and stood ready.
"Alright boss, ready when you are!"

She was happy to get to fighting so she didn't have to think about the dark cave. She was also excited to get some levels in.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Sizniche Sizniche

Clancy nods. "Sounds about right. Where is that guy, by the way?" He asked, referring to Nightshade. Just then, the man in question peeked out from his hiding place behind a massive stalagmite.

"Hi, I heard the strategy, let's go," Max said.

Clancy stepped over beside Lurie. "Alright, since my attacks border on useless at my current level, I'll use bind to hold down enemies and make sure nothing gets within striking distance of you or me, since we have the least health and agility in the group," he said, explaining his sub-strategy, "You just worry about healing and shields. If anything goes haywire, one of them will probably come back to help us. Does anything sound off about that?"

Lurie frowned slightly when she heard Mahan's orders.

"Aw, I was hoping I'd get to take on one of them. Guess it can be helped cuz of my class."

She then looked at Clancy a bit confused. "Um, Clancy, you know, I maybe a magic user, but I've got 60HP so I shouldn't be in too much danger, at least with Nightshade and Plinto up front. Actually, I'm kinda hoping a normal goblin comes this way so I can get a swing at them too"

She said with a smile. Beating up on the goblins was fun, at least when it was a one on one.
"Besides, everyone from the guild looks really strong. They probably are if they make camps in dungeons to train. So I might not even have to worry about healing, ha. So I really have to either spam shield or hit something not to be dead weight."

Lurie sighed and waited for them to start the battle.

"Well, I guess I'll just lag behind and cover myself," Clancy said, "After all, I only have 30 HP." This aught to be fun; sitting in the back doing nothing. The comment about being deadweight somewhat struck a chord with Clancy, as he would end up being deadweight on this dungeon because he's a level 1.

"Well, let's get this over with." Clancy muttered.

"Alright everyone move into position. Just stick to the plan and we can't fail." Mahan rushed up to one of the goblins dealing 37 damage then moved as fast as he could holding his shield up. "Plinto Shade get in there now."

The moment the goblins started their counterattack Plinto moved like lightning. Between the four enemies he used hit and run tactics which were working perfectly. This almost too easy with them being so much slower than me.Even with only dealing 9 damage with each dagger it was looking like good progress just for the first pass through.
RaynaFon RaynaFon Sizniche Sizniche

Lurie stood in the back of the group, next to Clancy, making sure everyone had their sheids up and waiting for the others to take out the goblins; slightly hoping one would come her way. She yawned and thought of an idea.

"Hey Clancy, don't you have a bind skill? Kinda like this?"

Lurie casted Binding of Light and trapped one of the goblins in chains of light.

"Maybe we can help that way?"

"Well, I did plan on doing that," Clancy said, "Let's see if I can bind stronger enemies." His bind ability took a little bit longer to cast, and lasted a bit less, but, as one of the perks of being a mage, it was super cheap. He bound a goblin near Plinto, and then stepped over to get another two in his line of fire. By the time they were both bound, though, the other was free. He then began to juggle binds to keep the three of them in place, and began hemorrhaging MP at an alarming rate. 15 MP every six seconds, to be exact.

"Make quick work, guys, I'm going to be out of mana in 32 seconds exactly!"

Clancy
HP: 30/30
MP: 80/110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back