• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Living in Alaska

Tasteless

Boink Bean
Its the year 2019. The cities have been abandoned after the american goverment fell, due to plague. Life in the country has taken charge once more, as the plague cannot survive up here in the harsh environment. You live in Alaska, The harshest most Unforgiving land, yet this land protects you. You have to raise cattle for food, train horses for chores and transportation, Sled dogs for transportation, and hunt to survive. Chores in Alaska are brutal. Making your own bullets, caring for your own cattle. There is no electricity, only Woodburn ingredients fire can keep you warm. No phones, so no communication. Can you make it through the winter? I highly doubt it.

We need one more person.

Also: should we make this into a type of walking dead? Since the zombies can't survive in the cold, it'll be rare to find a walker, yet during spring and summer they become more apparent?

@Emem @Chase

I'm not the biggest fan of zombie apocalypse type stories, but as long as we avoid that being the focus, I might not mind that idea.

Up to you though.

@Cyber Wolf

Perhaps, though it would simply become another element, and to be honest, Alaska in the winter is hard enough to survive in on its own, so we wouldn't really need it as part of the story.

That is quite true. So possibly almost the entire world was wiped out, now humanity has to rebuild itself?

Do yall plan to have your characters be homeless? Like living off the land, or to be placed in cabins? Like nothing every happened?

I guess we would have to decide where we want to start from... I would be in favour of starting near the end of the apocalypse and having our characters have to rebuild their lives (as best they can).

I'm interested too! Maybe some people are living at an abandoned ski resort? To make it easier for people to interact.

CyanidePie123 said:
Maybe an alternative to zombies like mutated animals or crazed humans could be good. I mean, mad survivors and survivalist groups would automaticaly be there in case of a world wide apocalypse and alaska is no exception.
It's will be an apocalypse, maybe not zombies, but there will be infected human in areas of alaska, yet the illness will be airborne, making it impossible to travel in Alaska due to the extreme cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back