• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Literate Group Rp Ideas

Otter Box

Mother of Dragons
I have a couple of ideas for a relatively small group Rps with some character limits (meaning how many you can have) and possibly even "turns" (You post first, he posts second, I go third etc.). Just so that no one gets lost in the mix, ignored, or overwhelmed. Which happens a lot with Role plays, along with the groups dying out suddenly. I don't want to be strict about this, but these are just a few pointers I'm making about the way things will be set up if these ideas are liked. And if it happens that they aren't liked I might just make a thread with the majority vote...even if that vote came from only one person ^^;

Additionally I'm really going to stress character depth and detail in your writing. I'm not sure if I should have a size limit or word limit, but in those cases I might say 4+ paragraphs or about 500 words. I will be lenient if things are moving slowly, but the goal would be for things NOT to move slowly! Describe your character's first impressions of others, describe how distracting something is to them, is what this person is talking about important to others too, is this room hot and stuffy? Make them feel real. Throw some curveballs at people. The best kinds of Rps are the ones where we all kind of have to collect ourselves for a second after someone writes something. Which also means ideas and plot advancement conversations are very important, and can be fun too!!

Now that that's over, and that I hopefully haven't scared you off, here goes nothing:

Mafia Rp: Who doesn't love the Godfather? Or those fabulous Italian-American accents? In this Rp I was aiming not for the ever cliché my group against yours, but maybe the little less cliché "well the boss is dead and now we all want the position at the top". Family members fighting family members. Ah yeah well the new guy who just joined wants to pull a fast one on us? Oh my lord where did these alliances come from? So many offers I can't refuse but I definitely can't fulfill all at once. The possibilities are endless and this Rp would definitely be one that we'd have to talk about, or at least would rely on the character's motives. Who knows, maybe the women of the family could band together and topple the sexism in the family groups. The mob boss could wear heels for all it was worth. [models would be real people, around 7 people might be good, character limit of one per person]

Paint it all: An Rp I was a pat of that took place on Gaia Online is the inspiration for this. This Rp took place in a dystopian world where any sort of art was frowned upon, and in this version of that Rp I think under art I will include music, dance, writing and other forms of self expression among art. Of course, with everything that is illegal in a dystopia, there is always a group willing to break that rule. This group's name I will have to think of later (since I don't want to completely plagiarize, that's mean) is responsible for art found in the streets, music playing without an obvious source, poems engraved in the walls of the subway and displays of dance on rooftops that disappear when authorities come around. This group keeps their faces masked with disguise of your choosing (and even full body disguises if you want, especially for dancers). Now of course there are specialized officers tasked with the arrest and detainment of these people known as the Monochromes (this name I think I remember and I like very much so we will use it. Its appropriate anyway isn't it?). This group has no need for disguises. They were chosen for their intellect, agility, perceptiveness or other quality that puts them apart from other officers and they don't have any reason to hide. Not like the rebels do. [models will be decided amongst interested people as the old one was anime but that isn't everyone's cup of tea, this will definitely have 'turns' since that worked out last time, there will be several different locations to cover in a separate tab that others can help out with just to make the Rp spread out and stuff, about 10 characters permitted, 5 in one group and 5 in another, and I will allow 2 characters per person. The original Rp was meant to be a yaoi Rp, but if that's not something a lot of people want I can change that, though of course characters of any gender and sexuality are welcome.]

Tokyo Ghoul based Rp: For those of you who have seen the anime I really think an Rp is in order. For those of you who haven't seen the anime you should definitely watch it o read the manga. Either way you will have trust issues by the end of it. I was thi8nking about maybe a New York City Ghoul. Or London ghoul. But especially a Paris ghoul oh lord. Do you realize how many Tsuukiyama Shuus there will be? Some sort of conflict would be ideal. Maybe between groups of ghouls. Now I'm thinking Paris would be the center where ghouls from Europe meet to discuss...ghoul things and bash on each other. They'd probably have a more organized system than Japan's ghouls working in wards and sects. And let's not even mention the American ghouls. As far as they know Canadian ghouls are pretty quiet and not so ravenous. Things like that you know? This one would also require a lot of discussion. Especially since the plot is shaky. [Number of characters, right now, might be around 6, and possibly two characters per person depending on the people.]

So o I guess that's it then! Hope there's some interest...

I really like the Paint Them All idea. I can already imagine our characters on a Detroit rooftop playing heavy rock with the crowd cheering beneath and yelling whenever there are police patrols, or painting artistic graffiti and such. Though I'm afraid I am too busy for now, and I cannot write four paragraphs usually.

@Samantha Robin

Ah, well I'm glad you like it! And how much do you usually write? I'd say quality over quantity in this case, and if you think you could contribute to the Rp I'd be happy to take you. And I would also be more than happy to take a writing sample.

I like the sound of a Tokyo Ghoul based roleplay. I recently watched the anime, but have yet to do any sort of roleplay based around it, so it could definitely be interesting.

Bump.

So so far two for paint and one for Tokyo Ghoul. Thanks to everyone for showing interest~ Now I just need more.

Well, I write somewhere 3-1 paragraphs usually. I would love to RP with you, but maybe later? I'm a bit busy now.

It's great! I haven't done dystopian in forever (cue the Frozen music...for the first time in foreverrrr) but that plot is just too good to pass up.

Although all the ideas sound extremely interesting, I'm craving for some mafia themed roleplay, is that okay?

Well from the way it sounds I can start up both the mafia and the paint one. Especially paint it all though. I'll put the link here when I get that done.

"A true friend will always stab you in the front."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back