• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Light or Dark Default?

Do you want to make the default style, Light or Dark? (Please read post).

• Light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try the dark theme and instantly fall in love with it. So sleek! It has very nice details in its design (the opacity, the texture, the nav bar and button's shape). I agree that generally light color pallette make things look more friendly, but the current default light theme looks so bland compared to the dark one. Now if the light theme had similar detailed design to the dark theme, I would totally choose it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark because its easier on peoples eyes which help the users stay to roleplay for longer periods of times therecore increasing both the sites revenue ( if any ) 

And draw in a larger crowd

I prefer the light theme over the dark because dark themes on sites feels tacky but here's a real reason. It can be hard to read light text on a dark background, it strains my eyes to read that sort of thing. Dark theme should be an option, no doubt about that, but it shouldn't be the default.

Personally I use the color me theme because it's more compact feeling

I feel like the dark theme is too hard and straining to read (the white text on black background) so it's majorly off putting for me. The light theme is more open and welcoming to all types if people in comparison while the dark theme just gives a kind of dated look. 

Having the dark theme as the default theme seems a little detrimental to the friendly vibe.

I like darks but the dark is a bit too dark. Maybe if dark was more customizeable like "color me" Then yes!

I haven't actually seen the dark theme, and don't know how to switch to it at the moment. The light theme is kind of hard on the eyes sometimes, especially when people want to use a light-colored font, though. 

where is the 'why not both?' button? jeez this is why i hate some polls. these are great options.heck dark mode can help with people trying t save on power if is at 50 or lower. however since i have to choose im going dark. like i said its energy efficient and looks cool with the right design

You clearly didn't read the post saying that this isn't to remove any. Just the default one that people see first.

You clearly didn't read the post saying that this isn't to remove any. Just the default one that people see first.

I think he's just joking, wiz  :D

I like the light theme more because it loads the fastest. And for some users (especially in mobile) I think fastest = best.

the dark them is amazing. Just switch up the mod name from purple to something else. Its hard to see on dark.

I think a darker toned background would be good to have. I do alot of my rping after work and the bright white background is just uncomfortable late at night. At least having the option for a darker toned theme would be nice.

Id think the dark would hurt some peoples eyes less cause the light theme is just bright to me, not saying i hate bright its just using this as frequently as some do  more eye friendly colors would help i think.

Honestly, I like the light color palette best due to ease of reading black against white.

But I'd like to ask if there's any chance the old theme can be brought back as an option? This site takes a lot longer to load than it used to. I admit, my computer's not the best, but I feel like there should be an optional theme designed with low-end computers in mind. Would that be possible?

Despite me using the Night Life theme, my personal opinion of the default theme is light. The theme is much more inviting, with brighter colors of white and blue. The Night Life looks much cool, but I honestly think that more people will feel invited to this site using the white theme as the default than the Night theme.

@The Dark Wizard

I've always been using the Color Me theme, but given the default choice of Light or Dark, I'd go with Light for sure. It contains more of the site's identity and vision, highlighting the creativity and friendliness of the members and staff. Also, for a first impression, IT LOOKS PG-13, whereas the Dark theme could easily be mistaken for something... darker... I don't want prospective members to be turned off because they get the wrong idea about the community. Before I joined, I was a bit worried about what I was getting into, because I know there's a lot of adult sites out there, but I was pleasantly surprised by the tasteful, high quality content that our members put forth every day. I know I wouldn't be happy anywhere else ;)  and it's all due to a good first impression. If the site's design didn't look so clean and innocent, I may not have joined.

I suggest a flexible selection method. When a new user loads the site, RPN AI 'SARA' retrieves and analyses their personal records, judges their preference and displays the appropriate theme.

I haven't actually seen the dark theme, and don't know how to switch to it at the moment. The light theme is kind of hard on the eyes sometimes, especially when people want to use a light-colored font, though. 

At the bottom of the site you should see "Theme". Click on it and the options should be presented to you :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back