• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Light-hearted or Dark? Which of the two do you prefer?

Which One Do you Want to do?

• Total voters

Silver Wolf

Something Random
So....I'm gonna post two high-contrast RPs here. Today's focus is Light vs Dark nature stories, predetermined setting or group effort. For that I give you these RPs and a poll.

A few constants are gonna exist here:

High-contrast and vastly different societies such as Fantasy, European/Western, Eastern/Japanese, and whatever people may come up with at times depending on the RP.

Magic System: A detailed magic system will be made and has been made.

Races: Because fantasy races can get out of hand, I typically have a set amount to try and cover everyone's needs. We'll do this after we decide on an RP though.

• The land of Gaia has held a rich history. Ruins and artifacts dot the land. Powerful and mythical, sometimes even legendary are these places. In recent years, the kingdoms that govern the land have had a boom in prosperity. As suspicions and walls were torn down in the name of peace, guilds and associations of all kinds have formed. The gilded age was here. Humans and elves were finally getting along, and the beastinari have come out of the wild.
    With guilds forming, a newer industry was booming: the treasure hunting industry. Mercenaries were turning adventurers, and to many it was great. Scholars were paying money to recover ancient history, and nobles were catching on.
    Fifty years ago, the first adventurer’s guild was founded. Helping to centralize the contracts, they boomed. Other guilds became associated with them. Guilds of scholars and mages were associated with the group.
    The fame brought people from the exotic and alien east, the wild jungles and forests of the south, and even the unknown of the north.
    Adventuring is dangerous work though, beasts and strange things lie in the ruins. There’ a reason mercenaries were the ones to start this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This RP is a light-hearted adventure. Essentially many groups will be flowing across the world.

This one is more focused on a high-fantasy type with a light-hearted feel. You can have up to three characters.

You don’t even have to be a guild member really. The Adventurer’s guild only gives out contracts either from itself or outside. Really it’s just a glorified contracting enter to help protect the profession of mercenaries. It takes those kinds of contracts as well.

This way, one can be of another guild, tagging along, or just be a random passerby in joining. Now I won’t be accepting more than ten people into this RP likely. I may have a grace period due to the fact that people will drop and ghost out, so I’m leaving it at that.

The whole focus will be about building bonds with the characters, which has the potential to focus romance a lot. Now, it can have dark moments, but the overall feel should be a light-hearted fantasy adventure.

At any rate, I will tag you when one is posted. And DO NOT reply if you cannot join...I mean it. I am also accepting around.....close to ten people, but because people do drop out and ghost, I may allow more to slip through the cracks.

Hmmmm.... While dark sounds neat, light is equally as appealing. I kinda wanna go for Light side though. As much as the dark is tempting I feel like Light side will be more fun.

I'm giving my nod to light

Dark sounds fantastic as well, but is only an idea I could go with if I were in only a few RPs. It'll take a LOT of commitment to make, flesh out and maintain 2 opposing characters

Light it is. Thanks for inviting me

I'm giving my nod to light

Dark sounds fantastic as well, but is only an idea I could go with if I were in only a few RPs. It'll take a LOT of commitment to make, flesh out and maintain 2 opposing characters

Light it is. Thanks for inviting me

Add whoever you think would fit too.

Possibly... would lean more Light. I don't mind dark but the set up... not quite sure about? The whole villain and hero can be subjective, and having to make a hero AND villain does sound like a good way to potentially have issues with people who decide to vanish causing not 1 but two spots to be suddenly left open and disrupting things more.

Light-hearted Fantasy in this new age sounds invigoratingly refreshing. The thought alone sends pleasing vibrations down the core of my spine.

Man, I'm the only one who's really in it for Dark. But, if light fantasy wins, I would still like to join, I have a character idea for that as well.

Although dark sounds intriguing... I would have to go with light. The thing with making people have two characters is there will be a lot of own character v own character battles/interactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back