• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Life at White Creek [CLOSED/AnimeGenork]

Cana Lowell~Alpha of the White Creek Pack

Cana completely lost track of time as she stared out the window and stroked Weston’s fur. She couldn’t tell if he was still asleep or staying still; even if he was awake, she would continue running her hand through his fur until he moved. For once, she didn’t have to leap out of bed to eat breakfast and sort out the pack. And that was nice. She didn’t have to be on her feet all day for once in her life.

For once, she could admire the beauty of nature outside her window and relax with her old friend.

Weston shifted underneath her hand, and she lifted it in surprise. Had he been awake for long? If she hadn’t been so calm, she would have blushed furiously. It was embarrassing to think that he’d been awake as she’d petted him. She could only hope he wasn’t mad at her for treating him like a dog for a little while.

He shifted back into human form and went over to his bag, saying something about her singing. Cana blinked as she sat there, the image of her and his wolf relaxing dancing through her mind. Eventually, her mouth curled into a small smile as she looked down at her lap. “It feels nice to do it again. I nearly forgot how calming it is.” She hadn’t missed the subtle tone of his voice; he knew she hadn’t hummed for a long time. Her eyes closed as she realized that Weston had brought back a part of her she thought she’d lost after Christian’s death. This would probably not be the last time he did.

She looked up as Weston explained that he’d go get something for breakfast. At his question, Cana practically leaped over to the end of the bed. “Bacon! I want bacon! I’m fine with anything else, but there must. Be. Bacon!”

Considering she was facing him on her hands and knees on the bed, it wasn’t hard to imagine her wolf’s tail sprouting from her and wagging uncontrollably. If this was an anime not that she’d ever watched one, that probably would have happened, but with dog ears and a lolling tongue to complete the ridiculousness.

But bacon was really important.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston chuckled at Cana's reaction. He knew her love for bacon was a sacred thing and if anyone in the pack got in her way of it there would be hell to pay. He could remember when they were children and Garett had taken the last rasher of bacon from the plate that sat between the three of them. Cana's eyes had grown wide and she practically pounced off her chair and round the table. Fifteen minutes of rolling around on the floor grappling with each other later and Cana had come out unscathed whilst Garett had a busted lip and a black eye. Weston had chuckled then, until Garett punched him in the stomach.

"I'll bring back bacon, don't worry. I always make sure it's there for breakfasts, don't I?" Weston trailed off, his eyes growing slightly dull as he realised he was falling back into his omega roll already. He could never seem to escape it, despite being away from the pack house. Sighing, he shook his head and wandered into the bathroom knowing he needed to clear his head before he came back out and faced Cana again.

Once Weston had washed up, he left the bathroom, hair still wet and hanging around his face. "Bathroom's free. I'll hopefully be back in no less than half an hour with that bacon." He forced a chuckle out, before dumping his bag by the sofa, grabbing his wallet and heading out the door without catching Cana's eye. He knew it shouldn't be getting him down, especially when he'd agreed to go back to the pack with her in a few days. This was his duty after all.

The town they'd stopped in was picturesque. The street was mainly filled with cottage-like buildings, and despite the earliness of the morning the few people that were out and walking the streets were chipper and greeted Weston a 'good morning'. Luckily for him a bakery was just opening up as he continued walking down the one street and he popped inside to buy four bacon rolls, knowing Cana would eat at least three of them if not all of them.

The walk had done Weston's head some good, so he didn't even think to knock when he got back to their motel room. The first thing his eyes saw before his face turned bright red and the bacon rolls dropped to the floor was Cana standing in the middle of the room with a towel wrapped around her. "I'm so sorry, sorry sorry. Forgive me alpha."
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Maybe it was childish to get so excited over something like bacon, but if anyone would understand, she knew it would be Weston. She grinned widely at him as he assured her that he would find bacon. It hit her that ever since he’d started making breakfast for the pack, he’d included bacon without fail. If he’d done that for her benefit, it was surely a sweet gesture. Or maybe he didn’t want to risk her getting upset over the lack of a certain pork product. No, it was surely the former. But why would he go to such lengths to make her so happy about bacon?

As he used the bathroom, she managed to compose herself again, climbing out of bed and tidying it up. She wasn’t sure what they would do after breakfast, but it would certainly not include sleeping some more. Even though it had only been a few hours since she’d gotten over her nightmare, she felt more well rested than she had in a long, long time. It was amazing what some time away from the pack could do for her.

Weston exited the bathroom and just as soon went out the door; Cana barely had time to murmur a goodbye. Eyeing the bathroom door and then her clothes, which were still rumpled and dirty from their jaunt into the woods the previous night, she decided she definitely needed a shower. A long one.

The water felt nice, especially as she scrubbed the dirt away. She felt cleaner for it, though a part of her wished she could just sit under the hot water for a long time and not have to worry about anything. But she was pretty sure the warmth wouldn’t last forever, so approximately half an hour later, she turned off the faucet and stepped out of the shower.

Like a fool, she’d only brought the clothes on her back (she hadn’t exactly expected any of this to happen). She really didn’t want to put them back on, so she held off, wrapping a towel around herself instead. Venturing into the room again, and noticing Weston still wasn’t back, she combed her fingers through her hair, trying to unknot the tangles. That was what she got for not bringing a brush.

When the door opened, she startled, and the towel nearly came undone. Thank goodness it hadn’t—she really needed to improve her towel-wrapping skills—since Weston had walked through the door with… BACON!

Forgetting her embarrassment and the fact that the towel was short, she dove at Weston and wrapped her arms around him. “Thank you! These look awesome!” She picked up two of the bacon rolls, leaving the others for Weston, and stuffed them in her mouth. Oh, they were heavenly. Her cheeks probably made her look like a chipmunk, but oh, well.

It wasn’t until the taste of bacon was the only remnant of the rolls that she realized she was still standing in front of Weston in nothing but a towel. Her cheeks flamed and she wrapped her arms tightly around herself. “Oh, um, no… I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be strutting around naked like this.” Why had she said that? That made everything more awkward. She backed up into the bathroom and shut the door, heart pounding. Could she have made that any more uncomfortable?

Once she’d changed back into her one change of clothes, she reemerged, her long hair still wet. With a little cough to clear her throat, she asked, “So, um… What else do you plan on doing today?” Her voice was nonchalant, but inside, she was shaking. She’d come so close to her towel falling off as Weston entered the room… Yikes…

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston stopped in his rambling as soon as his felt arms wrap around him. Cana was hugging him. In a towel. A towel! His already crimson cheeks brightened and spread to his ears and down his neck. He tried to clear his throat, he tried to do anything other than stand there but his body wasn't receiving any of the messages his brain was sending it.

After what felt like an age she finally let go and Weston sucked in a deep breath, not having realised he hadn't actually been breathing through the whole ordeal. He watched awkwardly as she stuffed her face with the bacon rolls, and then the situation got even worse. Weston blanched as soon as the naked word came in to play. He picked up the remainder of the dropped bacon sandwiches and stiffly shut the door behind him. "Er, it's fine. Not naked. Just a towel..." Weston even cringed at his own words and thanked to the goddess that she went in to the bathroom at that moment to get changed.

Weston couldn't eat. He'd just about managed to munch one of the rolls, but it tasted like sawdust in his mouth as his mind kept replaying everything over and over again in his mind. He couldn't get over what had happened. It should have been a dream come true, to see Cana like that. But something felt off about it. 'I want to see her like that not as a mistake or as an omega...' He sighed, putting the other roll away and leaving it for Cana. It was true. Cana would only ever see him as an omega, so an omega seeing his alpha in such a compromising way was something to be frowned upon.

Cana emerged from the bathroom dressed and Weston realised they were the same clothes as yesterday. He groaned softly as he realised why; she'd never meant to stay. He pointed to the left over roll on the table in the middle of the room, trying to avoid eye contact. "You can have the last bacon roll, I don't want it." He quickly glanced in her direction, smiling softly before turning to cast his gaze out of the window. "Well, alpha, I think the first thing we should do is find you a spare change of clothes if you're planning on staying for longer than a night." He forced a soft chuckle out.

Weston reached into his backpack, finding his wallet and flicking through it. "I can just about afford to get you something to tide you over. Nothing fancy mind." He knew it also meant the next few breakfasts would just be for Cana because he hadn't budgeted in buying breakfast for two, let alone a whole new outfit for someone else. 'I'm screwed.'
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Cana blankly looked at the remaining bacon roll that Weston had left for her. She absentmindedly stuffed it in her mouth, though she was still reeling over the fact that Weston had nearly seen her naked. Even Christian had never gotten that close to seeing her that way, even when they were making out. Not that they’d ever gotten too far since Christian was too much of a gentleman.

As soon as Weston mentioned clothes, Cana nearly choked on her bacon roll. Swallowing hard, she protested, “N-no, you don’t have to! I really would only need a shirt or something. Jeans can be worn multiple times. Don’t waste money on clothes for me… It’s awkward enough having to ask you to buy food for me.”

It was clear by the way he was flicking through his wallet that he was low on money. He couldn’t buy her an outfit and feed them. Why hadn’t she realized that staying here with him would be a bad idea? She bit her lip. If only she had access to the pack’s bank account. Then Weston wouldn’t have to work his ass off just for them to be able to stay here.

There was something in the back pocket of her jeans. She rarely used that pocket, so whatever was in there was tight against her. Reaching into the pocket, she drew out a card. But not just any card; no, this was her bank card, which gave her access to the alpha’s personal bank account. Cana grinned. “Well, it looks like we can get me some clothes after all. You don’t have to pay for them, though, Weston.”

Taking his hand and dragging him out the door, Cana chattered excitedly, “Now I can help you pay for things, and you won’t have to do it all by yourself. I never thought I’d say this, but being alpha really comes in handy sometimes.”

Once they were outside, Cana paused and looked Weston in the eye. “One thing, though, Weston. When we’re out in public, call me by my name. It’s weird for other people to hear you call me ‘alpha.’ We’re away from the pack, remember? Let’s act that way.”

With a smile, she proceeded to drag him down the street to find the ATM. Using the bank card, she withdrew enough money to be able to buy some extra clothes. Then she forced Weston to help her find a clothing store. “You made the mistake of offering to come shopping with a girl. Be prepared to waste your entire day watching me try on things.”

This Is Me This Is Me
{Hope that wasn’t too out of line OwO }

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Everything seemed to happen really quickly, and before Weston could process what exactly was happening he was up and out the door, being dragged behind Cana. Despite the fact she was smaller than him, she most likely had the strength of two of him, so dragging him out of their motel room and through reception didn't cause her to break a sweat. Weston on the other hand had flushed cheeks and was staring at his feet. Cana seemed to be acting playful, and it was a side to her he hadn't seen since they were children. Christian might have seen it, but Weston wasn't Christian.

"I'll refrain from calling you in pack terms. Although because we're outside of the pack and I wasn't planning on going back, I will not let you use any of the packs money on anything for me." He sighed, fixing his hair from being forced out of the motel so quickly and placing his wallet back in his pocket. "If the elders, or anyone from the pack for that matter, found out you'd used to pack's money on an outing with an ome-, someone like me, it would cause a ruck-ass." Trying to make the situation lighter, he grinned and forced a chuckle out. "So let's refrain from causing more issues shall we?"

Weston couldn't help but smile in admiration as he watched Cana's guard drop just a little bit. Maybe her being away from the pack for just a little really was the best medicine for her. Her shoulders were more relaxed and her tone a lot more casual. He was sure if anyone from the pack saw their alpha acting this way, they wouldn't be able to believe their eyes.

A full-bellied chuckle left him as she implied how tiresome a day of shopping with a girl would be. In actual fact Weston didn't really have anything to compare it to. Whenever he'd need anything for himself it was always a quick whistle-stop tour to the nearest town and back again. Other than that it was inputting a request for something and hoping the pack would agree it. A day shopping, with no worries looming directly overhead and a day with the care-free version of the woman he loved may not have been the exact or best course of action Weston should be taking. But he didn't care.

"Bring on the shopping Cana. I'm sure I can find you the worst outfit imaginable." Weston grinned, walking not quite beside Cana, but just behind as they trundled down the street in search of their first target.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
(I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get a response back to you! I hope it makes up for the LONG wait!)

Cana frowned. “I guess I’ll have to agree to that. But you can’t stop me from helping you pay rent. I’m staying there, too, so it’s only fair. The pack doesn’t necessarily expect me to fend for myself in that regard, do they?” Giving him her most exasperated look, she said, “Oh, come on. Don’t you think the elders will be at least a little grateful that you took care of me? You’ve somehow dealt with my lazy ass for an entire night—if anything, you should get a big, fat prize for that.” A flicker of doubt ran through her again at the prospect of them going back to the pack after a little while. Poor Weston would have to deal with the stigma of being an omega again. Could she really do that to him?

She laughed at Weston’s response to her teasing, a laugh louder than anything she’d ever uttered while they were with the pack. (And that was mostly because barely any of the pack members were funny in any way.) “Good luck convincing me to try on anything that bad.” A sudden image of Weston taking off her clothes to put on a terrible outfit flashed through her mind, and she looked away so her sudden blush wouldn’t be so prominent. Okay, she really had to calm these stupid fantasies down. Just because they’d shared a bed and he’d seen her in nothing more than a towel… Ack! She was doing it again! So much for taking a break from stressful thoughts…

Deciding to ignore that particular trail of thought, Cana led the way until she found a cute little clothing shop not too far down the street from the bakery where she was sure Weston got those incredible bacon rolls. “Let the fun begin!” She opened the door and walked in, only to be greeted immediately by a salesgirl who took one look at her and Weston behind her and smiled knowingly. She took Cana by the hand and pushed her into a dressing room, telling Weston to sit right outside. Then she started throwing all kinds of outfits at Cana for her to try on.

With a sigh, Cana started putting on the first outfit. It looked like she and Weston would have to deal with the townspeople’s assumptions that they were an item for as long as they stayed here. She supposed she didn’t mind it too terribly, but it was still kinda weird. Awkward, really. But whatever.

Almost as soon as she put on the first outfit the salesgirl had thrown at her, Cana nearly regretted it. The shirt was cut way too low (especially since she’d always been—ahem—well-endowed in that area) and the skirt was too frilly for her liking. Why had she even put on this skirt? She never wore skirts, not even at the various pack funerals and ceremonies. Though… it was a pretty lavender color. Dammit! The salesgirl clearly knew what she was doing.

Cana peeked out of the dressing room and tentatively stepped out, keeping her eyes on her feet as she stood in front of the spot where Weston and the salesgirl were waiting. While the girl started telling her how pretty she was, Cana nervously looked up at Weston. What did he think? Why did she care? Why was it so hard being a girl in a store with a boy??

The salesgirl came behind her, under the pretense that she was checking how the shirt and skirt fit. When she felt the gentle nudge on her back, she thought nothing of it. That is, until the girl was pushing her toward Weston… which meant that Cana landed right on his lap. Well, actually, she was now hovering above his lap, with her right knee between his legs and her hands on his shoulders to steady herself. An intense blush spread across her face as she stared at Weston’s face. She couldn’t look away for some reason; she was too afraid to look away. Their faces were inches apart, so close that she could see every little eyelash underneath his eye. Oh, God. What if he kissed her? What if she kissed him? What was she going to do?

One thing was clear: that salesgirl was an evil genius.

This Is Me This Is Me
{I'm so sorry this took so long! Everything is hectic! I hope this rather lengthy--and awkward--response makes up for it!)

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston chose to ignore Cana's remarks about the pack. He knew exactly how the elders and everyone in the pack would regard the current situation the two of them found themselves in. The stigma of rank was something so ingrained in wolf culture and pack life that there was going to be no changing it any time soon. All packs were the same, hence why Weston didn't want to be part of one anymore.

Shopping with a girl and for a girl was an interesting experience. No less than five minutes in to the shop Weston couldn't help but chuckle at the expression spread across Cana's face; a mix of shock and awe all at the same time. He himself had never had much of a chance to spend his days shopping or spend his free time in the town like the rest of the pack, and whenever he did need new items of clothing his shopping was somewhat mission like. There was definitely no time for salespeople throwing clothes they thought would 'accentuate his figure'. 'It's definitely going to be an interesting day.'

The saleslady pushed his shoulders down to make him sit in a chair as Cana headed in to the dressing room. Weston didn't quite know what to do with himself so he either sat staring around the shop or staring at the scars marring his hands from kitchen mishaps. The issue that was to follow was had no clue that Cana would come out of the dressing room to show him what she'd tried on. 'Someone should have warned me about this.'

The woman in front of him was a vision. The last time he saw her in something so floaty, pale and girly was when they were children. So much had happened since they'd been such close friends as young pups. Cana had had to grow up quickly and she'd gained a hard edge to her in order to run the pack. But right now, that edge had been completely wiped away and in front of him stood the girl, now woman that he'd fallen in love with all those years ago. He had no words, apart from the soft smile that spread across his lips.

Suddenly that smile turned into an 'o' of shock and his cheeks flared ruby as Cana ended up practically in his lap. They were so close, her own cheeks flushed, whether from the proximity or the unexpectedness of the shove from the saleslady he didn't know. Weston's breathing picked up. If he just reached up a little his lips would touch hers. If he lifted his arms he could brush the stray hair away from her cheeks or hold her waist to bring her closer. With his mind foggy and not thinking straight Weston started leaning up to close the gap. However at the last moment he came to his senses.

Clearing his throat and looking away, Weston gripped Cana around the arms and moved her away from his lap. "Careful there, wouldn't want to ruin the new outfit, which looks lovely by the way. Why don't you go and try on something else?"
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
(I hope this makes up for the wait :S)

Despite her embarrassment, seeing the smile on Weston’s face made this entire trip worth it. Cana hadn’t seen him smile enough the entire time they’d been here. The fact that she’d been the one to make him smile was especially meaningful to her. She returned his smile nervously, not really sure how exactly she could address him.

And then she was practically in his lap. Her blush was nothing compared to his. The salesgirl was chuckling somewhere off to her left, but she barely noticed. Heart pounding, she felt her breath catch in her throat as his own breathing picked up. Was he having the same thoughts she was? Was he… was he actually going to kiss her? She started to think maybe he would as he started to lean up. For a moment, she considered leaning closer to him as well.

But just as she was about to possibly close the gap and kiss him, the spell broke, and Weston cleared his throat and moved her away. His hands on her arms burned her as the full force of her embarrassment hit her. She turned away from him, trying not to show how disappointed she was. If they were going back to the pack sometime anyway, what would one little kiss hurt? She let out a small sigh, knowing that line of thinking would get her nowhere. No matter how much she wanted to escape it, she and Weston would always be part of the pack, and its rules would haunt them even outside of it.

She made a noise of assent as Weston suggested she go try on some more clothes, trying not smile as he said the outfit she had on looked “lovely.” Going back into the dressing room, she tried on some more clothes, but she didn’t go out to see what Weston thought of them. She wasn’t going to risk the salesgirl pushing her into his lap again.

Eventually, she only chose one pair of jeans and a couple new shirts. After a moment of consideration, she took the low-cut shirt and frilly skirt, too. She didn’t know why it would matter, but she had a feeling that she would wear it again sometime.

The salesgirl rang up her purchases, winking in Cana’s direction as she scanned the first outfit. “Hopefully it’ll work next time,” she whispered conspiratorially. Cana ignored her.

Looking up at Weston, Cana asked, “Are you sure you don’t want to get anything? Two changes of clothes can’t possibly be enough. Unless of course you want to go somewhere else first.” She wasn’t quite sure what kind of plan he had for finding a job, but maybe he’d wanted to start looking for one today. Once again, she’d gotten in his way.

She was turning out to be a really inconsiderate alpha.

“I’m such an idiot. I made you take me shopping when you still need to look for a job. I’m sorry, Weston. You can go on ahead and leave me here. I think I know my way back to the motel.” Cana slung her shopping bag over her shoulder and turned toward the motel, intending to sleep some more. Her interrupted sleep last night had left her a bit exhausted, despite the pleasant sleep she’d had in her wolf form.

Ah, crap. Now she had the urge to find some wide open space and run as a wolf.

This Is Me This Is Me
{It more than makes up for it!}

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
It didn't escape Weston's notice how flushed Cana had gotten in their compromising situation, nor did it escape his attention that she didn't come back out and show him the other clothes the salesgirl had picked out for her. He knew it was probably for the best especially when the salesgirl couldn't stop giggling in his direction whilst Cana was still in the changing room. However, he couldn't help the small smile that graced his cheeks when he noticed the first outfit combo in her hands as she went up to the register to pay. She really did look lovely in it and he wished more than anything she'd wear it around him for some special occasion of theirs. 'Wishful thinking...'

Things had been going well until Cana suddenly got exasperated with herself again. It was something she did a lot as a child but since becoming alpha he hadn't seen that side of her all too much. Rubbing a hand over his face with a sigh, he thanked the salesgirl and followed Cana outside. Looking left and right he caught sight of her as she was walking in the direction back to the motel. His long legs easily caught up to her and they fell in to step easily, Weston hanging back just a little.

"I told you last night. I don't need to find a job. You want me to come back to the pack. So I will." 'For you...' He cleared his throat softly. "It may not be where I want to be, at all, but I made my mind up this morning. Whenever you're ready to go back and face it again I'll come with you. Even though I'm only an omega you can always count on me." Weston's voice had gone quiet by the end because he knew his running away was the most cowardly and least dependable thing a wolf could do. Then again he was human too and there was only so much someone could take before they snapped.

Out of the corner of his eye Weston noticed Cana's agitated twitch. It was something she always did when she was itching to let her wolf free and just run. "How about we go for a run after we've dropped your bags off?"
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
(Aww thank you!)

Cana huffed as she heard Weston catch up with her. “If you don’t want to go back, then why do you sound like we should go back now? I’m certainly not ready to go back anytime soon, so if you want to continue helping me to pay rent, maybe a job is in your future.” She tried not to sound mildly pleased that she could “count on him” as she replied, “Of course I know that. We grew up together, you dolt.”

They were nearly back to the motel when Weston suggested they go on a run. Cana turned around and gave him a toothy grin. “Thought you’d never ask.” She grabbed his hand started running. In no time, they were back in the motel room, and Cana dropped the bags before grabbing Weston’s hand again and dragging him out the door.

It took a few minutes, but Cana eventually found the forest where they’d come from. Letting go of Weston’s hand, she said, “So long as we stay to the edge of the wood, we probably won’t run into anybody from the pack. We’re far out of the territory anyway. Now to run.” Stretching her arms above her head and leaning backward, Cana got ready to shift.

With a little leap, she shifted into wolf form. She shook herself, her tongue lolling joyfully. Being a wolf was so much simpler than being a human. No fancy clothes, no paying job, and you could do whatever you want. Cana stretched out her front legs, her tail waving around in the air like a flag.

Looking back at Weston, she nodded her head in the direction of the forest. With a skip in her step, she started running off into the woods. The wind running through her fur felt great. Fur didn’t tangle in the wind like her long human hair. If she had the ability to grin, she would have. This was the most free she’d felt in a long, long time.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston didn't have time to counteract Cana. He knew little of the human world but he assumed no one would be willing to give him a job when he had no idea how long they'd be hanging around for. He supposed he could have an ask around for the time-being and just not mention that he would most likely be leaving within the week. Cana was all big on not going back to the pack right now but Weston knew the pull of pack-life, her duties and the companionship of other wolves would come back all too soon. Right now she was just on a freedom high.

Weston knew a run would do Cana some good and he smiled at how excited she was running back to the motel room just to get to the woods quicker. It reminded him, once again, of when they were children. Weston loved running in wolf form, it was always some form of escape from the rest of pack life, but Cana adored it. She was always the first to come to him and drag him to the forest. 'Man this trip is reminding me way too much of the past...'

Once they were finally, and very quickly, in the woods on the outskirts of town Weston nodded in response to Cana and watched as she effortlessly shifted to her wolf. He proceeded to follow, although his shift had and always would remain to be slightly slower and less elegant. Catching her scent on the breeze Weston ran after Cana, enjoying the breeze through his fur and enjoying the reduced thinking capacity he had in wolf form.

He could never catch up or keep up with Cana despite being a particularly good runner for an omega, so he knew when he caught up to her she was slowing down for his sake. Weston huffed and bumped his shoulder with hers, pushing himself faster through the trees as a challenge to race. He knew she'd win with speed but he could be sly and sneaky. It was something he had to develop to survive pack life.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
(Apologies on the time taken to get this to you - just gone back to work!)

Cana hadn't particularly been regulating her speed; she'd switched it up to feel different amounts of wind through her fur. Hearing the huff beside her, she glanced at Weston as he bumped his shoulder with hers. As he began pulling away, she knew he was challenging her to a race. A mistake, despite how fast he might be, since she was always faster. With a wolfish grin (haha), she started running faster. Weston would probably find a way to win by taking shortcuts, but she didn't necessarily mind. It was all about the chase itself rather than the result for her.

Eventually, their race ended, and Cana slowed to a stop in a clearing where sunlight dappled the ground through the forest canopy. She breathed in slowly, taking in the scents of scurrying creatures and undergrowth. A calm feeling came over her, and she shifted back into human form and sat on the ground, gazing up at the cloud-filled sky. "We never have time to sit and look at the sky back in the pack," she murmured absentmindedly, laying back in the grass with a soft smile.

The wolf side of her perked up at the noises of scuffling in the forest, but Cana kept herself here to finally take the time to smell the roses, as it were. She was here, away from the pack and their judgmental eyes, with Weston, the only person who could really understand the part of her that wasn't alpha. There was a side of her that mourned the friend Garrett used to be, before the position of alpha was all he wanted from her. And she used to have such fun with him and Weston. Really, it was quite a shame.

Too bad Christian isn't here, Cana briefly thought. He loved watching the clouds in his downtime. Whereas she hadn't had any free time, she'd often find Christian on his back in the front yard of the pack house, grinning at some shape in the clouds. Cana searched the clouds for a shape, but her mind was drifting too much to focus on that task for too long. Ah, well.

By then, Weston had most likely joined her. Her voice was airy as she asked, "If you didn't like pack life so much, why did you stay, Weston? I can't imagine what would make you want to stay somewhere you didn't want to be." She rolled onto her side, her hair pressing into her cheek. "This seems like a nice place to take a nap..."

Without meaning to, Cana started drifting into a state of half-sleep, in which she was only vaguely aware of what was going on around her, but she still felt as if she was sleeping.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston knew that Cana would beat him in their race. Despite how quick he was in wolf form, despite being an omega, she was always quicker. The only way he could ever beat her was being sly with the forest around him. Unfortunately he wasn't too familiar with his surroundings and it didn't take long for Cana to overtake him. It didn't bother him too much though, he was enjoying the run and the breeze through his fur. Weston arrived at the clearing not too long after Cana and he watched briefly from the shadows of the trees in awe as she peaceful switched from her gorgeous wolf to her even-more stunning human form. He shook his head, he knew his pining was useless.

Shifting, not quite as effortlessly as Cana, back in to his human form he made his way over to her. The sunlight shone through the trees, casting a speckled golden glow across the clearing, illuminating the two. He smiled softly and sat down on the grass beside her. Weston stalled at her question. He couldn't well tell her the only reason he stuck around was because of her. He knew he had his parents back in the pack but Cana was his main reason, however sad that made him sound.

Luckily she seemed to be drifting off to sleep so he held his reply to himself. It saved him from lying to her face directly. "Get some rest. I'll wake you when we need to get back for dinner." Weston spoke softly, and dared to softly brush a stray piece of hair back behind her ear.

Just like the previous night he knew Cana would most likely appreciate his wolf form rather than his human form, especially if she got in to a deep enough sleep to dream. So, slowly, Weston shifted to his wolf form and laid his head on her stomach gently. He suppressed a sigh of content when her fingers absentmindedly found their way in to his fur.

Weston wasn't sure how much time had passed, his mind had been drifting to unrealistic ideals of his future. He was shaken from his thoughts to the feel of multiple pairs of eyes on him. He brought his head up, scanning the woods but couldn't see anything or anyone. The sky was turning a murky grey and he knew it was time to head back, especially with his fear of Cana's safety. Shifting back to human form he shook Cana awake as gently as he could, "It's time to go." His eyes flickered around the trees surrounding him. "Now. If you want food that is." He tried to joke at the end.

Jumping up he held his hand out for Cana to take before turning and walking away from where he could feel eyes on him. He knew Cana must have also felt the strange atmosphere surrounding them even in her bleary-eyed state.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Cana's state of half-sleep started to turn into full sleep, but she felt the barest touch of Weston's hand on her face as he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. He hadn't answered her question yet, but she didn't have the energy to point that out to him. She was slowly losing touch with the world as she drifted off to sleep. Similar to the night before, he shifted to a wolf and laid his head on her stomach. With a small smile, she absentmindedly stroked her hand through his fur. It was that comforting feeling that finally allowed her to fall asleep.

Her dreams were fractured and confusing, and yet they were calming all the same. Visions of Christian's wolf, shifting into Weston. Weston's smile as she ate the bacon-wrapped pastry from this morning. Their own blushing faces in the clothing shop. It was like she was reliving the past twenty-four hours. Had it really been such a short time? If she didn't know any better, she would've thought that it had been far longer since she'd run from the pack's home to track him.

Weston shook her awake just as the dreams faded into black. Her eyelids fluttered as she tried to figure out where she was and what was going on. She heard his joke about food and chuckled, only to yawn. "Alright, alright. I'm coming..." she mumbled. Sitting up, she took Weston's proffered hand and stood up, still yawning.

As she followed him back to the motel, Cana could've sworn she felt something was off. The woods didn't seem as airy and open as they had just a couple hours ago. How long had she been asleep exactly? "I'm not the only one who has a weird feeling, right...?" Considering she didn't scent anything weird, she could only shrug and follow Weston all the way back.

~ ~ ~

For dinner, Cana insisted on getting more of those bacon-wrapped pastries. To go with them, she also bought some cupcakes. She paid for the food, "to make up for you buying me breakfast." She chowed down and almost as soon went to sleep back in their motel room.

Like before, Cana fell asleep in her wolf form beside Weston's. Considering this was the third time she'd been so close to him when falling asleep, it felt natural. It was amazing how she felt more comfortable than she ever had in such a short amount of time. However, she wasn't able to figure out the feeling she got whenever she was close to Weston. Whatever it was, she had a feeling she'd really like to wear that cute outfit she bought for him again sometime...

In the middle of the night, Cana's head shot up, and she leaped to her feet. The door flung backwards, and a bunch of men piled in. Sniffing the air, Cana stiffened. They were members of the White Creek pack! But how had they found her and Weston? Surely their scent trails were stale by now? She received the answer when Garrett entered the room. Shifting back into her human form, she glared at him. "What are you doing here, Garrett? Do you not trust me to do my job?"

"Well, Alpha, considering it took you so long to get back... It appears as if we've caught you at a bad time. Surely you two don't mind?" He sneered down at Weston, and Cana felt her face flush.

"That's not what this is, Garrett! I convinced him to come back! I just needed a few days away from all you hormone-filled jackasses, is all!" she frantically explained, even as the other pack members restrained and knocked out Weston. She flinched.

"Sorry, Alpha, but until we're sure you can tell us the truth..." Garrett nodded, and Cana blinked as she felt something hit the back of her neck and the world went black.

When she woke up, she was exactly where she didn't want to be: her bedroom in the pack house.

And Garrett was grinning wolfishly at her from the doorway.

This Is Me This Is Me
{I hope that transition was okay! I tried my best to make it as sudden and dramatic as I could >.> }

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
The evening had passed by in a calmer manner, both of them seeming to want to forget about the strange feeling they'd had as they left the confines of the trees for the confines of the grubby walls of the motel. Much the same as the previous evening the two of them found themselves falling asleep in wolf form on the bed. Whilst Weston's body felt completely at ease laying next to Cana, his mind was restless. He knew, no matter how close they became and how much they rekindled their friendship in their time away from the pack, as soon as they returned it would have to be as if nothing had ever happened. It was definitely even more wishful thinking for Weston that Cana would want him to be close to her as anything more than a friend.

His dreams, even in wolf form, were distorted and fairly unpleasant so when he woke, startled, to Cana jumping from the bed and their bedroom door being flung open, Weston was rather disorientated. He watched with clouded eyes as Cana shifted back to her human form and berated the pack members that had barged in on them. Weston however meekly shifted back to his own human form, wobbled off the bed and stood with his head bowed from the powerful and terrifying presence Garrett brought with him. It shrouded the room. Cana might have been able to handle it, but with Weston's omega status he could do nothing more than submit.

Weston wanted to speak up. Say it was all his fault Cana had left her pack behind. He knew Garrett would come to that conclusion anyway, but he wanted to try and do something. To be brave and show he was worth something to the pack. Just as he opened his mouth however he felt a strong blow to his head and the whole world went black.

Weston woke with a groan and squinted away from the harsh light currently streaming down in shards onto his face. Lifting a hand up he felt the lump across his temple and groaned again, pushing his hair away from his eyes. 'Another graze to add to the many...' Then the smell hit his nose. Blood. Damp. Wolf. Opening his eyes properly, Weston finally looked around to find he was back on pack lands, but not in his bland room in the pack house. No, he was in the pack's cells.

Weston's heart rate spiked. 'I'm done for.' The cells were used for rogues and trespassers onto pack lands and under Cana's rule no one from the pack had ever been put in them. No one had ever betrayed the pack badly enough to need use of them. Weston sighed, rubbing his eyes and propping himself back against the cold stone wall, bringing his knees up. 'I guess I did betray them. I ran away and took the alpha with me. Any excuse for Garrett to get me out.'

No one came for Weston for ages. The sun had started to set, casting an orange glow through the bars on the window at the top of his cell. His stomach grumbled and Weston chuckled sadly before shutting his mouth quickly at the sound of the main door unlocking and footsteps coming closer. The scent invaded Weston's nose before the person in question came in to sight. Garrett.

"Well, well, well. I knew you'd slip up at some point but I didn't quite know it would be like this. I have to admit I am finding it rather entertaining." Garrett unlocked his cell and Weston tried to make himself even smaller against the wall. He wasn't successful and Garrett grabbed him, roughly shoving him to the centre, kneeling. Garrett stalked round him, like he would if he were in wolf form and taunting his prey with other pack members. He cracked his knuckles, "I never understood why Cana held such a soft spot for you. You're a runt. A pathetic omega with nothing useful to offer this pack." Weston knew it was coming but the punch to his jaw still sent him reeling sideways with a grunt. "It's pitiful really how a wolf, one of nature's greatest predators, can be as weak as you."

A surge of anger filled Weston. He might not be as strong as most wolves in the pack but he wasn't weak. "I'm not weak. I know I messed up but I never intended Cana to come after me!" And that was a mistake. As soon as the knee to his nose hit and he hit the floor with a thump, blood trickling down his chin, Weston realised what he'd done wrong. He was in pack lands now. He had to know his place.

"That's alpha to you." Garrett ground out. "We all wish she hadn't come after you. But it does make this somewhat easier for me now." Garrett started walking round Weston again in circles. "You see. I can inform the elders of the case. One little runt disappeared and our loving alpha went searching for him to ensure his safety. However he is artful in manipulation despite his weak nature and tricked our alpha in to abandoning her pack. If it weren't for us coming to rescue her the pack would have fallen in to disarray. When they hear the news there will be nothing Cana can do to stop them carrying out their justice on you. And once you're gone, her little soft spot, it will be that much easier to rid this pack of omegas once and for all. We will be the superior pack to all. And it all starts with getting rid of you." Garrett chuckled menacingly and kicked Weston in the stomach one last time. "Enjoy your freedom while it lasts. Well, you know what I mean."

Over the ringing in Weston's ears all he could hear was Garrett chuckling to himself as he left the cells. Despite not wanting to tears welled in his eyes and he curled up on the stone floor. If only Cana hadn't come after him. If only he'd managed to leave the pack peacefully then none of this would be happening right now. God knows what the elders would do to Cana for punishment for abandoning her pack; even temporarily. In a way, Weston hoped Cana would just go along with whatever happened. She needed to run the pack. She needed to keep it safe from Garrett as much as she could and if it meant getting rid of him would be the only way to do it, then Weston was happy to oblige. He would do anything for her. He would die for her.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Cana knew from the look on Garrett’s face that he was about to play some stupid mind game. She’d play along… for now. At least until she had some idea what was going to happen to her and Weston. She sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, but she didn’t stand up. “I suppose you’re very proud of yourself, aren’t you? You always loved winning.”

“I haven’t won yet,” Garrett replied, approaching the bed with the slow ease of someone who was in control of the situation. Cana hated to admit to herself that he was. Dammit.

She sighed. “And you won’t win, either. Everyone knows you’re a power-hungry beta who’s always been bitter than Christian was the one I fell in love with.” Cana lifted her head and leveled a frosty glare at him, trying to imbue the full power of her alpha status in that glare. Despite his cockiness, the glare seemed to cause Garrett some hesitation, and that was enough to give Cana some satisfaction.

Now she stood up. “I don’t know what you’re planning, Garrett, but I won’t let you go through with it. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about. There’s only one reason you would drag us back here the way you did; you have something to gain from this. But in case you haven’t noticed, Garrett, I am the alpha, and I am perfectly capable of running my pack. So screw you and your power complex. The alpha is back and she’s in charge again.”

Garrett attempted to fix his face, but it there was still a twinge of fear in the set of his mouth. “That may be true, but once the elders hear about this…”

“I don’t give a flying quack about what the elders will have to say. Especially since I was there, and you weren’t. There is nothing you can do to change that.” Raising her leg, she pushed him with her foot, a slight kick in his abdomen. “Now go away. You’re pissing me off. A grand start to my return to the pack.”

Garrett let out a growl, but it was the look in Cana’s eyes that made him stop. With a mutter, he left, closing the door behind him.

Cana waited a few minutes before she dared to leave her own room.

One of the other pack omegas, Rylie, was waiting there. She seemed to leap ten feet into the air, her knees knocking together. Cana realized that her face was still angry, and she quickly softened her face. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone was out here. What’s up?”

Rylie gulped, her eyes darting around nervously. “Uh… I just…”

“What is it?”

For a few moments, she didn’t say anything. Then Rylie lifted her head and met Cana’s eyes, still hunched submissively like an omega. “I have something to tell you about our beta.”

~ ~ ~

Pissed was one way to describe this. Incredibly pissed was another way to describe this. But the feeling Cana had right now could really only be described as pure, unadulterated rage. Rylie had overheard the conversation between Garrett and Weston, and she’d told Cana in hushed tones had filled her with anger. What the hell did Garrett have to gain from getting rid of the omegas? They were the ones who filled his idiot stomach, for God’s sake! Cana couldn’t let this stand. Anything that threatened the pack hierarchy threatened her, too. As the alpha, it was her job to keep them stable and together. Garrett was a threat to that.

It was because of this anger that Cana found herself going to the pack’s cells to check on Weston. Damn the consequences. If it seemed suspicious that she was visiting, those suspicions could go to hell. She had to see how Garrett was treating him.

She hadn’t expected anything, really, but the severity of Weston’s treatment didn’t hit her until she saw him. There was a bruise on his face that hadn’t been there before, which Cana could only assume meant Garrett had been just as harsh as he’d always been.

“Weston…” she murmured, her voice breaking. This was all her fault. She should’ve just brought him back to the pack when she had the chance. “Oh, Weston, I am so sorry.” She crouched down in front of the bars of the cell. “Tell me, Weston. Is it true he wants to get rid of you?”

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston sat, half hunched, half slumped in the corner of his cell. The smell of blood and damp invading his nose and adding to the headache Garrett had given him. He was trying to weigh up his options, not that he had many. If Weston wanted to protest against Garrett he would cause a whole lot of trouble for Cana, especially if the truth really came out as to why they hadn't returned straight away. An alpha that needed a break from leading her pack was never a good sign and the elders would definitely not see it that way. The only other option he could see was him going along with Garrett's messed up plan to rid the pack of omegas. It was the only way Weston could see Cana remaining as alpha. He wouldn't be around, and maybe none of the omegas would be, but Cana didn't need him and he was sure Garrett could figure out how to cook for himself for once.

Weston sighed, a motion that caused him to wince and clutch around his stomach. A bruise was surely forming but he wasn't sure if his ribs were as in-tact as he hoped they were. After all, Garrett was a beta and a beta that hated his guts so why wouldn't he have used his full force in every kick and punch aimed in his direction.

Suddenly Weston heard the main cell doors opening and he tensed, only to be filled with some form of relief when the smell that invaded his nostrils was of Cana. He knew he shouldn't feel comforted by the thought, especially when she was to see him in his current state, but Cana had always and would always have a comforting soft spot in his heart. Weston could hardly bring himself to look at her as she crouched in front of his cell, knuckles white as she held on to the bars with a vice-like grip. It was only when he heard her voice crack did he look up and sympathy filled his eyes.

With a groan he shuffled a little closer so he could ease her fingers from the bar before dropping his hands to his lap. "From how you're acting I can tell you know it's true. But is it really a surprise? Garrett has hated me from the moment he started his path as the packs beta." He coughed and tried to get comfortable in his new position, wincing slightly. "But don't apologise. It's okay. As long as you stay residing as alpha of this pack, everything will be okay. You don't need me around and if me going means you stay and keep control away from Garrett, then I'll go." He sighed. "I'd do anything for you Cana...I mean alpha. I'd die for you if that's what this comes to." He smiled down at her softly from his position propped against the bars.

Holding his hand through the bars, Weston grasped one of Cana's softly. "Promise me this. Whatever happens, you have to let happen. They can't find out the real reason we didn't come back straight away because that would give Garrett a motive for getting you out too." He sighed and dared himself to run his thumb over the back of Cana's hand. "My fate is in the hands of Garrett and the elders. We know they won't be kind if Garrett spins his story the way he wants. But it's okay. I would really do anything for you, because... because I..."
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Cana thought for a moment that perhaps Weston wouldn’t move from his spot in the corner of the cell. Then he made his way over with a look in his eye that she couldn’t identify. She watched as he gently eased her fingers from the bars. Her hands balled into fists in her lap as she watched him cough and attempt to settle into a better position. It was taking all her willpower not to cry in front of him again. This was almost more painful to watch than Christian dying… Wait. Where had that thought come from?

She looked up at Weston as he started telling her not to apologize. “But, Weston…” What followed his insistence were heartfelt words of loyalty to her… and then he said he’d die for her “if that’s what this comes to.” “No!” she practically yelled, her voice echoing off the walls of the dungeon. “You dumbass! You’re not allowed to die! Every single of member of the pack is valuable, regardless of whatever the hell Garrett thinks.”

Reaching through the bars, Weston took one of her hands in his. It was cold, which made Cana grip his hand tightly. He asked her to promise that she wouldn’t reveal their real reasons for staying away from the pack longer than necessary and let whatever happened happen. His thumb ran over her hand, and for a second, Cana was going to agree with him. But then she snapped back to reality. “I can’t do that, Weston. I can’t get Garrett get his way just because he doesn’t like you. That wouldn’t be fair!"

“I would really do anything for you, because… because I…”

Cana really was close to crying now. She couldn’t believe Weston was just going to take this. Now she was even more determined to not let Garrett get his way, not when it caused Weston so much suffering. “Don’t do this…” she whispered. Her chest tightened as she thought about what would happen if Garrett somehow convinced the elders to execute Weston. The thought was so horrifying, she did start crying. “Stop acting like you’re going to die, you idiot. I can’t bear that,” she blubbered, holding on tightly to his hand. “I don’t want to be alpha of this pack if you’re not there. You’ve always been there for me. If you die, who will comfort me when I have a nightmare? Who will understand when I don’t want to deal with Garrett and the other pack members? Who will make me smile?”

With a sniffle, Cana leaned her forehead against the bars and muttered, “I… I really don’t want to lose you, Weston… I can’t lose someone else…” Before she could stop herself, she reached through the bars and grabbed the collar of Weston’s shirt. She pulled him toward the bars so his face was right up against them.

Then she kissed him.

She wasn’t quite expecting the feeling that came from kissing Weston. It was like kissing Christian… but also not. Better, somehow. A few tears slipped down her face as she realized exactly why she didn’t want Weston to give up. Somewhere along the way, she’d grown to love him as more than just her childhood friend.

Gently, she pulled away. With tears still rolling down her cheeks, she murmured, “I love you, Weston.”

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
In all honesty, Weston had no idea what to do. Cana was so set on not letting Garrett get away with his plan, but he couldn't see any other way around it that would mean Cana staying on as alpha. Then she started crying and it ripped him in two. He was on the opposite side of the bars and there was no way he could truly comfort her from there. Then again, if the elders issued his execution then he wouldn't even be able to comfort her from behind bars. The only stupid thought that came to his mind was he'd watch over her as a guardian angel, much like what he assumed Christian was doing, but even in his dazed and self-destructive mind he knew that thought was more than just hoping.

It didn't quite clock for Weston what Cana was doing when she grabbed him by the shirt, letting out a grunt of pain from the sudden movement. It wasn't like it was the first time she'd grabbed his shirt, but those were mainly to shake some sense in to him; he had idiot moments often enough. This time though it was definitely different and he didn't realise why until Cana's lips were on his own. His eyes widened, staring at her as she kissed him. He didn't kiss her back, the shock taking over his system. She gently pulled away and said the three words he'd been longing to hear for since they were children. But he just sat there, eyes wide, his breathing slightly off and wheezing, most likely from the definite fracture in his ribs, as he tried to comprehend exactly what was happening.

Weston you damn idiot.

Focusing back in on the situation Weston finally looked at Cana properly. The look in her eyes was one of desperation but behind it all he could tell those three words were real. As soon as he saw that, Weston was up on his knees in front of the bars, groaning from the movement but moving nonetheless, and cupping Cana's face between his most likely freezing cold hands through the bars. But the pain and the cold hands didn't matter at that moment in time. Weston brought their lips together once more, this time he closed his eyes and kissed her back with everything he'd been keeping locked inside of himself for years upon years. He poured his love in to that kiss, tangling his fingers in her hair just to make sure it was real.

As he pulled away, Weston rested his forehead against hers, against the bars, as tears slowly leaked out of the corner of his eyes. His breathing was a little laboured but there was a sad smile plastered across his face. "And I love you too Cana. For so long. For forever. I love you." He kissed her forehead before pulling away and slumping back onto his heels. "But that's why you've got to let me go. You've got to let whatever happens, happen. I've loved you for the longest time and I always will, but even if the elders don't execute me for running away, they will when they find out our feelings for each other. An alpha shouldn't love someone so weak and an omega definitely should never fall in love with an alpha. I'd make the pack weak Cana. You have to strand strong and keep leading this pack. No matter what." He finally looked her in the eyes after that. "You have to promise me that."
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Cana thought for sure Weston was going to reject her and deny everything, all for the sake of the pack or whatever nonsense he was always talking about. Then he was moving, cupping her face in his freezing cold hands, and they were kissing once again. Whereas before, he’d been stock still as she’d kissed, now he was kissing her with so much emotion, she wasn’t sure how to feel. His fingers tangled in her hair, and she smiled and kissed him back with all the desperation and affection that had been plaguing her for the past few hours.

He pulled away, his forehead against hers, and she kept smiling, despite them both crying. Though his breathing was labored, he managed to repeat her words back to her. His lips on her forehead gave her a warm feeling through her chest. Forever. What a thought that was. In a way, it was a relief to hear that he loved her that much—it meant she’d never been quite the burden she’d thought she was to him. Her smile faded as he sat back on his heels and told her to let him go. The warm feeling in her chest turned tight as he started again on his spiel about being a weak omega.

She frowned as he said something about how an alpha should not fall in love with an omega. Cana shook her head. “I don’t want to let you go, Weston! What would be the point of that? When you love somebody, you shouldn’t ever let them go, no matter what happens to them. I don’t care if I shouldn’t feel this way; I love you anyway, and that’s that.” With a sigh, she lowered her head. “I don’t care what you say—I’m not going to take any of this lying down. It’s in my nature as an alpha. I can’t promise you I’ll stay strong no matter what, but I’ll try.” She looked up again and met his eyes. “I’ll try for you.”

After a moment, she bit her lip and said, “But… one more thing.” Cana reached through the bars again and brought Weston’s lips back to hers. It was probably unhealthy, but she knew that if she ended up losing Weston, it would be better to have bittersweet memories of kissing him than to regret never expressing her feelings to him.

By the time she finally pulled herself away from him (about ten minutes later), she was still feeling warm. As she closed the door to the dungeons behind her, she leaned against it. “I don’t want to lose you,” she muttered. “But how can I stop this?”

~ ~ ~

Though it pained her to do so, Cana stayed away from the dungeons from then on. She knew Weston would’ve scolded her if she spent too much time with him, although she really wanted to in what were sure to be his last days. The longer he spent there, the more time Garrett had to convince the elders that Weston was the true menace here. It was killing her to stay in her room and stay silent, no matter how much Garrett tried to provoke her. All she had was Rylie, who took food to Weston and gave Cana news about his condition. Garrett hadn’t made any more visits to the dungeons, thankfully, so he wasn’t getting kicked around anymore.

On the day of the trial, Cana tied her hair back into a ponytail. From what Rylie had told her, the entire pack was convinced that Weston had completely kidnapped her and believed him to be the bad guy. Nothing she could say would change the outcome of this. Though it was entirely unfair, and she knew that, she also knew that there was no fighting the elders, even if she was alpha. Her leadership might come into question, and losing her as well as Weston would cause the pack to fall to chaos. She had to keep the pack together, even if she didn’t agree with what was going on right now.

The White Creek pack didn’t have a courtroom, but, rather, a decorated attic where the elders gathered to discuss what was happening in the pack. They sat in a semi-circle of fancy looking chairs (that looked incredibly comfortable), while Cana sat to their right on the edge of the room. The rest of the pack was gathered in some folding chairs. It was hardly a courtroom, but for a makeshift one, it wasn’t bad.

The door opened, and a couple of lower ranking pack members brought Weston in. Cana flinched at handcuffs on his wrists. Almost as soon as he was in the room, the elders began debating. A few wanted to give Weston a reduced punishment, seeing as he was one of the omegas who prepared some of the meals for the rest of the pack. However, most of them believed that he should be executed purely for the reason of his manipulating and kidnapping Cana. Through this debate, Cana stayed silent, staring hard her lap as her hands fisted to hold herself back from saying something that would ruin everything.

Finally, one of the elders stood up and cleared his throat. “After some tense deliberation over these events as well as the account of Beta Garrett, we have reached a conclusion. Omega Weston Ayers shall be executed for manipulating and kidnapping Alpha Cana Lowell.” Even though the sentence was exactly what Cana had been fearing, she still felt tears well up at the news. Before they could start rolling down her cheeks and give her away to everyone else, Rylie burst into the room, her cheeks flushed and her breathing heavy.

“Rogues are attacking the patrol at the edge of our territory!”

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
After Cana had left Weston, a good ten minutes after she reinitiated their kiss, he had slumped back in the furthest corner of his cell. His breathing was laboured and he was cold; not only from the lack of warmth Cana provided but with a deep set fear for his future and Cana’s. He knew, deep down he knew there was nothing Cana could do against the elders if she wanted to keep her title as alpha. And she needed to. White Creek would fall into the hands of a terror without her and Weston couldn’t let that happen, no matter his own consequence.

The day after Cana had come to see him was a quiet one. No one came to see him so by the time night fell, his injuries from Garrett had healed. That evening Rylie came to give him a measly dinner, but his stomach was thankful nonetheless. They spoke little, but it was a kind and quiet sort of company.

The day after was a different story. Weston was woken early morning by one of Garrett’s lackeys and he came to the assumption it was because Garrett had his hands full spinning webs of lies. The brutish lackey had his fun, then left, leaving Weston gasping for breath on the cold stone floor, stemming the flow of blood from his nose. That afternoon came another and much of the same pain. The evening however brought Rylie and her tray of food. She had gasped at his state, but as soon as he made her promise to hide it from Cana, he knew she would keep it a secret. Omega bonds tended to be stronger than most.

A similar pattern occurred for the following days, Weston losing count of the time he’d been in his cell and wondering of his fate in the outside world. Not once has Cana come to see him. But he knew it was for the best. The sooner she forgot about him, the better it would be for her and her pack. She didn’t need him. No one did. And as the hours ticked on, and Weston’s injuries worsened before healing partially to only be redone a few hours later, his state of mind deteriorated. Rylie realised he’d lost his spark the last night she brought him food before his trial. Weston was a broken man. A broken man that knew his fate.

The morning of the trial brought a different routine. Instead of Garrett’s lackeys, it was Garrett himself that came sauntering in to Weston’s damp, urine and blood infested cell.

“Well, well, well Westy-boy. Your day of judgment has arrived. I’m almost certain I’m going to enjoy this outcome a whole lot more than you.” Weston groaned as the first kicked was aimed at his barely healed rib. “If only you’d been smart enough to cover your tracks like a real wolf knows how to. You’re pathetic, you know that.” And another hit, this time to his face. Blood trickling from his nose and split lip. “Nothing to say huh? Guess you know your fate... Man you’re boring with no fight left in you.”

Garrett huffed before hauling Weston up to his feet and slamming silver handcuffs around his wrists. Weston whined causing Garrett to laugh, before being root marched out of his cell for the first time in days. The daylight made Weston squint, his feet tripping over themselves as he struggled to keen up with Garrett’s long strides.

Most of the walk was a bit of a blur, but soon he was switched over to two lower-ranked wolves that escorted him and held him to stand in the packs make-shift courtroom. It wasn’t often the pack had need of such a place so an established area was never a priority.

Weston’s eyes finally lifted and he searched the room. His gaze fell on Cana, his heart skipping a beat before sinking as he realised she was actively avoiding his gaze. She either knew his outcome and was distraught or she had come to terms with what was going to happen and was choosing to ignore him. Weston’s mind decided it was the latter.

All too soon, even though the elders deliberation seemed to stretch on for eons, an elder stood and declared Weston’s fate. Execution. Death. He had known it was coming, but still it was slap to the face. His knees went weak and he only remained standing because of the guards either side of him.

However, no sooner than his fate had been declared did he find himself slamming to his knees as commotion bustled around him. Rogues. Rogues attacking. The courtroom emptied as women, children and elders were ushered to the safe rooms whilst any higher ranking wolves rushed into warrior mode to protect the pack.

Weston was left alone on the floor of the courtroom. Growls and yelps filled the air from outside. He knew the rogues had broken through the patrols just from the sheer sounds. It sounded too familiar and he couldn’t take it anymore. The silver was burning his flesh, his mind foggy, but he managed to struggle to his feet. One thought was on his mind: escape. He’d been forgotten about and now was his perfect chance to leave for good. Cana would protect the pack and everything would go back to normal.

It was decided.

Weston found his way out to the pack grounds, keeping to the walls. His breath was heavy from his injuries and the silver infecting his body, but he knew he had to make it across the border. He was so close to the tree line, if he made it there no one would see him slip off into the husk of woodland darkness. He just had to...

A yelp that sent a shiver through his body caused Weston to snap his head back to the pack grounds. To the rogues and pack wolves fighting each other. To those that had already lost their lives. It was a yelp he knew well and wished he’d never hear again.

Cana; being surrounded by four rogues.

A surge shot through him. It was like electricity and power all rolled in to one. Weston forgot his injuries, he forgot his weariness. He saw red. A growl ripped through him, even in human form but he couldn’t question it. He was too focused on the energy rippling through his body. He shook, not accustomed to the power he was emitting. Another growl reverberated through him as in one swift movement, unlike any of his previous transformations, Weston was on all fours, shaking his fur out.

The silver handcuffs laid shattered across the bare ground. His skin rippling with a new found power, yet he knew he still wasn’t as big as a powerful wolf. The power he emitted and the rumble that continued to sound contradicted his omega status and if anything he felt far from an omega. Weston’s eyes never shone bright in wolf form, that was for wolves of power, yet in this moment, his grey eyes glowed as they sought Cana amongst the rogues ganging up on her.

One quick push and Weston was charging across to the other side of the green. His speed as an omega heightened beyond belief. In seconds he lept over the rogues attacking the love of his life, his alpha, and stood guard in front of her. With his hackles raised, Weston growled, low and deep, warning the rogues to back off. Though he knew they wouldn’t, and even though he knew Cana could hold her own, he couldn’t stand by and not protect her with this new found power.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:
Cana Lowell ~ Alpha of the White Creek Pack

Horrified as she was, Cana had to protect her pack. Her alpha instincts kicked in as she raced out of the courtroom with the other high-ranking wolves. A flicker of thought flashed through her mind, reminding her that Weston was still in there, but she pushed it away. For once, she couldn’t focus on their situation. Right now, she had to protect the pack’s territory. She growled as she readied herself for the fight ahead.

As soon as she was outside, she shifted, leaping off the porch of the main house and racing away into the woods, straining her ears for the sounds of fighting. They were close—too close. Damn. If they didn’t do something soon, the rogues would be able to attack the house, where all the children were hiding. She couldn’t allow that.

Once again, her thoughts intruded upon her focus. She wondered if these were the same rogues who had killed Christian, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to ask them—she’d be too busy making them bleed for all the harm they were causing to her pack right now.

When she and the other wolves got there, it was a full-blown battle. Nearly a pack’s worth of wolves was attacking the meager patrol, and a couple wolves already lay in the leaf litter. This sight enraged Cana even further, and her mind went blank as she leaped on top of one of the rogues and immediately dug her teeth into his neck. He yelped and fell, but he did try to fight back. She didn’t let him, clawing at his exposed stomach to make him bleed, as she was sure she’d done to one of her packmates.

The battle around her raged, and she lost count of how many rogues she’d slashed and bitten. Not all of them fell right away—some were tougher than she. But another pack member would join her, and they’d take down the rogue together. However, she was starting to grow exhausted, and the stream of rogues seemed endless. Where had they come from? And why the hell were they so organized? There was something going on here, but she was so focused on battle, she couldn’t think too hard about what.

She looked up from a rogue dashing away, his tail nearly torn to shreds. The sight before her chilled her to the bone. Four rogues, bloodlust in their eyes, were approaching her. They were scarred and bloody, their lips drawn back to reveal their yellowed teeth. She let out a loud yelp, not really out of terror (though it was certainly there), but to hopefully alert her packmates to her situation. But due to the rogues’ numbers, they couldn’t come to her assistance. She was alone in this fight.

Drawing her lips back, she raised her hackles, ready to take on these four wolves, even if she knew she couldn’t win. Maybe she’d at least take one of the four with her, if she fell. Oh, Weston, wherever you are. Maybe you managed to escape. At least one of them would still make it out of this.

Then he appeared.

A dark and powerful wolf leaped over the rogues’ heads, landing in front of her, like a guardian—er, wolf. He looked an awful lot like Weston, but that couldn’t be… Whenever he was in wolf form, Weston never seemed like this. This wolf was emitting power akin to an alpha, as she had been doing throughout this fight. As she gaped at him, a part of her wanted to roll over and expose her belly, to show she meant no harm, but that was ridiculous. She was an alpha, too. She couldn’t submit to another alpha.

She could, however, fight with one.

Stepping up beside him, she raised her hackles again, growling deep and low in her throat. The rogues didn’t back off, though for barely a moment, they faltered at the presence of two alphas.

Naturally, they attacked in this moment of hesitation.

It was a fierce battle, but four against two felt better than four against one. Maybe it was just this wolf’s power, but Cana’s confidence was heightened, and she felt ready to take down all of the rogues. By the time they were done, the four rogues probably had more scars. One of them had very narrowly escaped death by Cana’s claws. She panted as they sprinted away, yelping. The rest of the rogues, most likely recognizing that their four toughest (and probably lead) wolves were gone, fled. The pack howled triumphantly, but Cana was too busy staring at the strange wolf before her. Almost as if his alpha-ness drained away, he slumped, and that was when he shifted…

…into Weston.

With the rest of the pack distracted, Cana stumbled over to him and shifted as well. How had she not been able to scent that it was him? Oh, what the hell? She didn’t care. He was safe. And he’d saved her.

Throwing her arms around him and knocking him over, Cana kissed him, hard. Very hard. She was pretty sure her teeth knocked against his. She didn’t care, though. All morning, she’d been convinced he was going to die. But this power he’d just shown… he wasn’t just an omega anymore.

He was an alpha.

It took her a full minute of intensely kissing him before she pulled away and smiled at him. “Weston, where the hell have you been hiding that all these years?”

Before he could answer, she kissed him again, pressing herself closer to him out of sheer relief. They were okay. They were both alive.

And if she had anything to say about it, they would both stay alive.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
As though the two of them were in sync, the rogues moment of hesitation had been their moment to re-initiate the battle. Four against two wasn’t exactly even odds and the two alphas struggled to keep the rogues at bay. For the majority of the fight Cana fought two rogues while Weston fought the others. Being an omega by nature didn’t help as his fighting techniques weren’t exactly polished, so he ended up with just as many scrapes as he managed to inflict on the rogues. Nevertheless this new found power settling within him gave him some sort of advantage. He constantly kept an eye on Cana though and when the going got a little tough he edged back towards her side, never letting her out of his sight.

Weston knew Cana’s rogues were a lot more worse for wear than his own. He’d managed to rip chunks of fur and flesh from the rogues but never managed to get close to inflicting a killing blow, but his attacks still weakened theirs. Yet in a moment of Weston flickering his eyes over to Cana one of the rogues sunk their jaws into his stomach whilst the other clamped around his left front paw. With a deafening growl, mainly from fear and anger of these rogues taking him away from protecting Cana, he struggled out of their holds, swiping his paws and snapping his jaws. He was ferocious and inflicted more damage in those few moments than the whole time he’d been fighting.

With that and Cana’s near death blow to one of her rogues, they turned tail and ran. The other rogues followed suit and it was then, and only then, that Weston felt the pain. The throb of his injuries from before his trial started making themselves known once more along with the agony in his side and arm. It felt as though his power was seeping out of him, he was turning back to a lowly omega, and he involuntarily shifted back to his human form, collapsing to his knees, clothes rumpled and dark blood seeping through.

But then suddenly there were arms around him and lips on his own. It was a rushed kiss but it held everything that needed to be said. With Weston’s working arm he reached up and knitted his fingers in Cana’s hair. She was safe. He’d done his job. When they pulled away his breathing was laboured, not only from the kiss but his injuries. He looked over her, trying to make sure she was okay. There were cuts and bruises and he gently reached up and wiped away a drop of blood from a cut just under Cana’s eye.

A raspy chuckle escaped him but before he could respond Cana’s lips were on his own. He wrapped her in his arms, so glad she was safe, but likewise the weight of what happened and his own death sentence fell back onto his shoulders. He pulled away from their kiss and embrace, resting his forehead against hers.

“I have absolutely no idea where that came from. I’m an omega, through and through. Or so I thought. I didn’t even know it was possible for an omega like me to have power akin to yours. Just something else wrong with me I guess...” Weston trailed off, but forced out a soft, pained chuckle. He had no idea what had happened to him. His parents weren’t of a high enough ranking to give birth to a son with the power of an omega as well as that close to an alphas. There was something he was missing. Something about his life he didn’t know.

Weston shook his head. He couldn’t brew on that now. His sentence still stood and Cana still had her pack to run. Pushing away slightly he smiled and reached up the brush his fingers across her cheek softly. “Now, I think it’s time you went and sorted your pack out. Let’s go.”

Weston groaned, forcing himself to his feet and wobbling slightly. He wanted nothing more to take hold of her hand but knew it was unacceptable, especially now other pack members were starting to pay attention and move in closer to Cana. They needed direction. There was a victorious howl from one of the wolves before shifting to human form and joining the congregation.

It wasn’t only the warriors moving in closer. Out of the trees, from the direction of the pack house, came the elders and Garrett came swanning over from the opposite direction. The warriors parted ways and Weston hung his head, dreading what was to come. He could feel the anger coming from Garrett and before Cana had a chance to speak, the elders spoke.

“We have all felt the presence of another alpha and that presence, whilst currently muted, seems to be coming from you Western Ayers. A rather intriguing situation, we do admit. However, you were sentenced to death for your wrong doings and your execution still stands.” Weston gulped. He knew it was coming and he could feel Garrett grinning with malice in his direction. “However, we have decided to deliberate over this given the recent battle and your somehow found power akin to an alpha. There is a lot to be discussed. But for now, you will be placed under custody until our alpha has sorted the situation and we have decided on an outcome. Alpha, assign a wolf to place Western Ayers back in his cell.”

With that the elders left and so did Weston’s will power to keep standing. He gripped his throbbing side whilst his damaged hand hung limply at his side. His world went fuzzy round the edges as his knees hit the ground. By the time his head the ground, Weston’s world was already turning black. So much for an alphas power Weston...
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
(MERRY CHRISTMAS!)​

Last edited:
Cana Lowell ~ Alpha of the White Creek Pack

Cana was starting to wonder if this was all a dream—Weston’s hands in her hair, his forehead on hers, his arms around her. She could have laughed. This was all too much to be true. A smile lifted up the corners of her lips as he wiped away a drop of blood from underneath her eye. That was so like him. He looked way worse than her, but he was putting her first anyway. Idiot.

She brushed a hand through his hair. “That ‘something wrong’ with you just saved my life. Thank you, Weston. This pack wouldn’t have an alpha if you hadn’t rescued me.” Giving him a kiss on the cheek, she added, “Maybe you’re not completely omega. No omega could have saved me like that all on his own, like you did.”

She stepped back from him as he stood up, and she made sure to keep her distance. The rest of the pack was starting to close in, and she didn’t want to give anything away. Still, she kept her eye on him.

The elders approached them from the direction of the pack house, and Cana glared at Garrett, who was close behind them. Had he not been part of the fight? Coward. What kind of beta didn’t take on rogues who were trying to destroy his pack? Before she could say anything to him, the elders addressed Weston about the alpha presence he had given off. She nearly flinched at how much pressure they were putting on her to “sort out the situation.” What the hell was she supposed to do? Rogues had attacked! Nevertheless, she was relieved that they were going to delay Weston’s execution in light of his, um… alpha presence.

As the elders left, Weston fell to his knees, one hand hanging limply at his side. Cana’s eyes widened as he fell unconscious right in front of her. She gasped, and she nearly reached out to him, until she realized everyone was still waiting for her to assign someone to take him back to his cell. She ran her eyes across all the wolves gathered, and she grinned when she saw Rylie. Calling her over, she also beckoned to another wolf, Casper, who had always shown her nothing but the utmost respect. He also wasn’t the biggest fan of Garrett, judging by the way he always avoided contact with him. Perfect. “Casper, help Rylie take the omega back to his cell. I’ll see to things here.” As Rylie passed her, she whispered, “Make sure only you and Casper are allowed in the dungeons. I’ve had enough of prisoner treatment.” Rylie nodded and walked away.

Cana turned to the rest of the pack, her hands on her hips. “Alright, everyone, we’ve got some cleaning up to do. Let’s get to it!”

~ ~ ~

The elders really loved to hear themselves talk. That was the only thought running through Cana’s mind as she was forced to sit through their deliberation regarding Weston and his newfound power. They had been going back and forth about whether or not they should be treating him as an alpha, and if so, how to punish him for kidnapping her. Cana was really having enough of this.

“Say what you want, he saved my life. Need I remind you that you all left him here alone when the rogues attacked, allowing him to escape? Instead of escaping, however, Omega Weston Ayers turned back to save me from certain death. I may be powerful, but even four rogues was too much for me to handle.” She paused and sighed. “If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be sitting here right now.”

That seemed to give the elders pause. “But Alpha… we cannot just forget his crimes. He kidnapped you.”

Cana shrugged. “And now he’s saved me. I believe that action far outweighs my day-long absence.” She grinned as the elders murmured their assent.

“I would like to know if that display of power was a fluke… or a sign of something more in Omega Weston Ayers.”

“It’s clear to me that he’s no longer Omega Weston Ayers… He may very well be Alpha Weston Ayers,” Cana interjected, earning a couple of disapproving looks. Still, no one spoke up against her, which meant they had all been thinking the same thing.

“The only way to find out will be to ask him as well as his parents. Alpha, please go fetch the prisoner. There is still much to discuss.”

Cana thought they’d never ask.

~ ~ ~

Cana appeared in the dungeons and nodded to Casper, who opened the door for her with a smile. What a sweet boy.

Stepping into the dungeon, Cana immediately went to Weston’s cell and entered it. He was still unconscious, and since Casper was outside, Cana took this as an opportunity to spend a little bit of alone time with Weston. Kneeling beside him, she ran a hand through his hair and down his face. “Oh, Weston…” He was hurt badly, all because he was trying to save her. What an idiot.

But he was her idiot.

Cana leaned over him and gently pressed her lips against his. “Wake up, Weston,” she murmured, lifting his head onto her lap. “The elders want to talk to you.” She stroked his hair absentmindedly, hoping the touch would help wake him up sooner.

When she saw his eyes open, she smiled. “You’re alright!” She bent down and kissed him again. “Just in time, too. The elders want to talk to you… and your parents. About your power.”

Cana looked him in the eye. “They think you may be an Alpha, Weston.”

This Is Me This Is Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back