• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Life at White Creek [CLOSED/AnimeGenork]

This Is Me

Somewhere
Weston was done. There was only so much one person could take before they snapped, and today had been the day. He knew he needed to keep his head down and work hard to try and take care of his parents in their later life, but he couldn't continue that any more.

Today was the day Weston lost his temper. Today was the day Weston snapped.

The day had started out like any other. Being an omega he was woken by his alarm at 5AM, so he could get himself ready for the day and head down to the kitchens to start preparing breakfast for the members of the pack that lived in the pack house. Many tended to find their own places within the packs territory, especially those mated and raising families, however younger, unmated werewolves along with the alphas, betas, warriors and hunters lived in the pack house; each having their own rooms, or wings. It was a huge building, with three wings and a porch that ran all the way around the outside, and the size accounted for the number of people living there.

Weston had slept badly the night before, his mind churning thoughts and ideas around his head as to what his life could be like if he hadn't been born an omega. Yes, his parents loved him, but away from the watchful eye of the alpha, most people hated him. His grogginess had led to various mishaps during the breakfast rush; from missing out various breakfast items that members of the pack were picky about having to have in the morning, to burning and completely sabotaging the hot meal. His one job of the day to do alone had been to make sure breakfast was sorted; as the two other omegas, both females, sorted lunch and the three of them helped each other with dinner, yet he'd completely screwed it up.

Unfortunately for him, various pack members were feeling in rather grouchy moods themselves, so when they ventured into the kitchen after the breakfast rush to holler at him, and rough him up a little, Weston snapped. He'd yelled the place down, his throat burning by the end of it and tears of exasperation forming in the corners of his eyes; his arms throbbing from where they had held him tightly and talked down to him.

Typically, just as Weston was shouting out of turn, one of the worst of the packs betas entered the kitchen to see what all the commotion was about. Obviously the other pack members, that would have beat him a little more, stood back and mimicked shocked expressions onto their faces. Weston could see how fake their expressions were, yet the beta didn't look twice at them. 'Of course...'

The course of events that followed, had led to Weston packing his things and leaving. He'd tried to convince his parents to leave, but now in their old age they were looked after more by the pack and had a fairly peaceful life, so they were determined to stay. Yet, Weston wasn't being convinced by them that things would get better. He wasn't waiting until he needed to be looked after by the younger wolves for people to treat him with some human dignity.

As Weston hiked through the forests surrounding their pack house, heading towards the packs territory boundary, he couldn't help his mind from sinking into dark places. As children, Weston had been friends with the now-alpha and the beta that had scolded him that morning. The beta, Garett, was the worst out of all the others for the mere fact that when he rose to second him command, he apparently became too good to acknowledge Weston as a person, let alone a friend. He grew cold towards him, and eventually the two just stopped speaking completely.

The alpha, Cana, was completely different. Ever since they were younger, Weston and Cana were the closest out of the trio, and naturally as Weston grew older, feelings materialised that never disappeared, but rather grew stronger. Cana had been through so much, so it was no wonder she isolated herself after the death of her fiance, and Weston couldn't help but feel proud of her. He tried to be there for her during the worst times, but Garett stood in the way, forcing the two of them apart further.

Weston's life had been a whirlwind of disappointment, pain and loneliness; the past two years of his life being the loneliest. Now, as he edged closer and closer to the packs border, he couldn't help but think he was just making himself even lonelier by leaving. However, the idea of a pain- and heartache free life, where people treated him with respect, kept driving his forward and away from the life he'd known for 20 years.

Cana Lowell~Alpha of White Creek Pack

Cana hadn't been able to sleep again. Nightmares of her fiance, Christian, had haunted her every time she closed her eyes. The blood on his face, the sad smile, the empty look as the warmth drained out of him. So instead of sleeping, she'd escaped through the window and ran through the woods as a wolf, letting the scents and sounds of the forest soothe her. Finally, she found an empty clearing and flopped down, exhausted and emotionally drained. Slowly, she shifted back into her human form, and as she lifted her head to stare at the moon, she let tears run down her face. What kind of alpha was she, breaking down in the middle of the woods? She couldn't lead her pack like this. But the pain kept her isolated from the rest of the wolves, who had never seen something as tragic as the death of a loved one.

The first lights of dawn appeared through the trees, and Cana mustered the strength to make her way back to the pack house. When she entered, there was a shouting match going on, causing her to sigh and run a hand through her chestnut hair. But then she realized she could make out the voice. Weston? Why the hell was he yelling? That wasn't like him.

Keeping quiet, she tiptoed down the hallway and peeked into the kitchen, where Weston was screaming. Some of the other pack members had apparently started roughing him up when he hadn't met their breakfast expectations. Cana clenched her jaw. She was strict with the hierarchy, but she still tried to make sure everyone was treated rather fairly. But she couldn't change how the pack viewed the omegas, no matter how hard she tried.

Of course, Garett strutted in at just that moment and proceeded to scold Weston for his behavior. The omega left, and Cana finally entered the room. Every member of the pack went silent, as if they knew she'd been watching the altercation. She sent a glare their way and grabbed a plate of breakfast. Garett slid over to her and started complimenting her on how pretty she looked this morning, but Cana simply elbowed him, hard, in the stomach. "You all make me sick. Hurry up and start doing your jobs before I rip your throats out." Something in her tone scared them, because they did as she said and scarfed down their food as she went back to her room.

Guilt burned through her. She'd known Garett and Weston forever, but she'd always been closer to Weston. Garett had grown worse as they got older, but Weston had always been the great friend he'd been when they were children. Now Garett was treating their old friend like dirt, and she couldn't do anything to change it.

Before she knew it, she fell asleep, and she woke up late in the afternoon. She changed into not-pajamas and went downstairs, where she was immediately accosted by Garett. "Have you seen Weston? He's supposed to help with dinner and he isn't here."

Panic. The same panic that had filled Cana with fear back when nobody had been able to find Christian. She couldn't lose someone, not again. Especially not Weston. Sure, they hadn't exactly been able to talk lately, but he was usually there for her... At least, he used to be... Keeping her face neutral and composed, she asked, "Did you check his room?"

"It was completely empty. None of his stuff was there."

Anger flared up through her. Weston had left. That was the only explanation. She was going to have to find him now. There was no time to pack, either. The longer she delayed, the farther away Weston got from her. Punching Garett in the face as she stormed past, she growled, "I'll never forgive you if I find him dead."

With one last yell about not burning down the house while she was gone, she quickly shifted into her wolf form and sprinted off into the woods. Weston's scent was faint but familiar. She'd be able to recognize that scent anywhere. By the time she reached the end of the White Creek Pack's territory, he was gone, his scent leading away. Changing back into her human form, Cana grimaced.

She was going to have to interact with humans. And Weston might not even want to come back with her, especially after the way Garett treated him.

But she had to try.

This Is Me This Is Me

(OOC: You made mine look boring so here's my attempt at something a little fancier.)

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston wasn't surprised when he made it over the pack border without being stopped, but somewhere his heart deflated that little bit more when he realised that not even his old friends wanted to come and stop him. It was either that or they simply hadn't even noticed that his presence was missing from the pack house. Somehow that seemed to hurt more than them just not wanting to come and make him return.

Rather then travelling out of the forest into the nearest town, Weston continued wandering through, in the opposite direction. Whilst he wasn't entirely sure as to where the next town over was, due to being immersed in pack life and an omega, he knew there was one smaller one roughly to the far east of their territory; rather than the one due north in which they generally got their supplies from.

As Weston walked he tried to figure out a plan of action as to what he'd do when he made it to the town. For all the walking he did, and the sky turning into orange hues before the night time darkness fell upon the forest, his plan was not very well thought out. He had money on him, some he'd managed to save from the meagre pay he got over the years from his work as an omega, to the money his parents thrust in his hand upon his departure. All his plan entailed, was finding a hotel he could stay in for the night until he thought of how he could go about getting a job. Working a cafe was the easiest option that came to mind seeing as that seemed to be his life as an omega.

As the sky above him slowly started turning darker, Weston knew he was no where near this supposed town to the east. Everyone knew the forests weren't entirely safe at night, clearly told by the changing in wildlife noises as those awake in the daytime slowly fell to sleep, and those that would prowl the night started awakening. Weston's safest bet was to shift into his wolf; he would be the top predator around for once.

It had probably been another fifteen minutes of Weston bumbling along on his four paws, with his rucksack held securely between his jaws when he heard the pounding of feet coming from a ways back behind him. Even though he was the lowest rank in the pack, his hearing was still impeccable. Someone was after him, but the breeze was blowing downwind so he had no idea who it would be. Whether they were from the pack, a rival pack or were a hunter.

Weston took his best chance at hiding, and shuffled himself behind a clump of bushes. If it was a hunter, they shouldn't spot his dark form. If it was a wolf from a rival pack, he was screwed. If it was a wolf from his own, previous, pack... 'Well, I'm probably dead.'

Last edited:
Cana Lowell~Alpha of the White Creek Pack

Weston’s scent was mostly disappearing thanks to the sudden surge of scents that came with nighttime. Though Cana’s eyes were adjusting to the dark, she knew she’d never be able to find Weston at this rate. His wolf form was the exact same color as the night sky, so he could easily blend in with his surroundings at night.

Letting out a sudden scream of frustration, she kicked a nearby tree. “How could he do this to me?” She couldn’t go back to the pack without Weston; what would her packmates say if they found out she couldn’t find an omega? Her reputation would be ruined…not that she’d ever liked having such high standards to live up to in the first place. But whatever.

Cana sat down on the ground and crossed her arms. If I was Weston, where would I want to go? That was a good question. Since they’d been disconnected for the past few years, Cana feared she didn’t known him quite as well as used to. With a sigh, she brought her knees up to her chest and buried her face in her arms.

Then she lifted her head, remembering that there was a town east of White Creek territory. Weston probably wouldn’t go to the town in the north, where the pack got their supplies; he could easily be followed that way. The one in the east was the next closest pocket of human civilization. So he had to be there. She sighed in relief. At least now she had a plan.

Suddenly, she had the feeling she wasn’t alone. Stiffening, her eyes darted every which way, trying to discern what was making her so uneasy. She morphed into her wolf form, lifting her mottled brown head and sniffing the air. Somehow, she was picking up Weston’s scent again. One of her ears twitched in annoyance. Great. She was delusional now.

But the scent persisted, and she realized she was upwind of it. That meant that he was nearby. Narrowing her eyes, Cana crept forward, following the scent. Her lips drew back in a snarl, more to look menacing and encourage submission rather than scare. Even with her sharp eyesight, she couldn’t actually see him, but there was a distinct scent of fear in the air, either of her or the possibility that she was someone else in the pack.

Finally, when she thought she was close enough to the source of the scent, she pounced, rolling over a larger black wolf. A triumphant bark left her throat, but she pinned Weston to the ground anyway, growling. She stared him down, trying to read in his eyes the reason why he’d packed up and left the pack. It was one thing when you lost someone from dying; it was quite another when they left you.

Her relief swelled and overpowered her anger, however, and she morphed back into her human form, her hair falling over her shoulders as she sat on top of the wolf she’d known forever. “Why the hell did you leave? Did you really think no one would come after you?” More than anything, she was confused. She wanted to understand. What had made him leave? Garett? The pack? His status?

Or had he left because of her failure to be a good alpha?

This Is Me This Is Me
{Haha, sorry! I set up my posts that way to keep me organized~ ^^” }

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston let out a yelp when he was suddenly tackled to the floor by a wolf much stronger than himself. As soon as the scent entered his nose, he knew it was Cana, and every fibre in his body made him obey and submit to his alpha; despite having supposedly left the pack. 'Perks of being an omega...'

Her smaller, yet more powerful body, sat on top of him, showing no sign of letting him up any time soon. Her growl made him shrink back into the dirt, tilting his head back in a sign of submission as he felt the anger, and something else he couldn't quite place, rolling off of her. But then suddenly she was sitting atop him in human form, her hair hanging over her shoulders and blowing slightly in the wind. With his eyesight being better in wolf form in the dark, he could make out her form quite clearly, and was slightly taken aback by the dazed and fiery look she had in her eyes. It was the one part of Cana he had fallen in love with before the rest of her; it was the one part of her that held so many feelings and stories.

Weston's attentions were brought away from her eyes and his crushed feelings to Cana practically yelling in his face about why he'd left. Surely it should've been obvious, and he wasn't entirely sure why she cared so much about him. They had hardly spoken over the past few years as she'd taken on more and more duties as alpha since the passing of Christian. Weston had been there when she'd needed him, but most of the time she was surrounded by more important wolves, namely Garett. Yet still, he couldn't write Cana off, because the meagre time they spent together sprung them straight back to their childhood days.

Wriggling beneath Cana, Weston shifted back into his human form, his hair slightly dishevelled. Unfortunately for him, Cana was still sitting atop of him, and it was doing no good to his mentality. So, after a pause in which Weston held his breath, he shuffled rather hastily out from under her, his back hitting one of the nearby trees. "Does it really matter all that much that I've left Ca-... alpha? It's not like there's not other omega's..." He shook his head, pushing himself up to stand, his grey eyes seemingly shining in the darkness. "I didn't think anyone would miss me."
(OOC: I love your way of doing it, so following in your footsteps haha XD)​

Cana nearly snarled in Weston’s face the longer he stared up at her, straining away from her in submission. Finally, he shifted back into his human form, and she couldn’t help flashing back to when he was a kid, grinning his head off with his dark hair falling into his eyes. Now, his hair was messy, disheveled even, and a part of Cana yearned for when they were cubs and weren’t separated by hierarchy.

Then he scrambled out from under her, and she watched him go furiously. “Of course it matters, you idiot! You know as well as I do that Lisa and Rylie can’t cook breakfast to save their lives! What will the pack do without bacon?” Okay, maybe taking a slightly humorous approach at her “come back” speech was not the best idea. But she was a carnivore, and she really, really loved bacon.

She was still kneeling on the ground as he stood up. His eyes were just barely visible in the darkness, and Cana found herself wishing she could fully see his face in the light. Sighing in exasperation, she pushed herself to her feet and slapped her hand on his chest. “What’s with your sudden inferiority complex? We need you just as much as we need anyone else! Besides, I’d miss—” She stopped herself from finishing her sentence. It wouldn’t do for an alpha to admit she’d miss an omega.

And yet, some part of her knew that she’d have to do something else to convince him. Empty words wouldn’t do anything. Maybe she’d have to show him it was better in the pack… Running her hand through her hair, Cana let out a breath. “Okay. How about this. Since you seem so hell-bent on leaving, I’ll come with you. We’ll spend some time among humans, and you’ll get your chance to be away from the pack. Once you see how much better it is being part of it, we’ll go home. Deal?” What she didn’t say was that she needed a vacation from Garett and the rest of the pack. Weston really couldn’t have chosen a better time to try to run away.

And this way, she could try to find out the real reason behind his leaving.

This Is Me This Is Me
{Psh, stop it~ <3 }

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston grunted as Cana's hand slapped to his chest, and as she couldn't finish the end of her sentence, he pushed away from her despite their rank differences. He'd just started turning away when what she said next made him stop in his tracks completely and let out a bark of unbelieving laughter. 'She's insane...'

"You? Living with humans? I'm not meaning to talk out of turn alpha, but that's ridiculous. You have a pack to look after, I do not." He couldn't understand why she was being so stubborn about it all, and how completely oblivious to what actually went on in her own pack she was. Weston didn't think she'd ever been so un-seeing, but maybe the death of her lover caused more harm than he originally thought.

Weston slowly brought his head back up to look at her, his height towering over her, but her power exceeding his greatly. " I don't think you truly understand how pack life works, despite being alpha. I don't have an inferiority complex; I'm a male omega, not female. I am inferior and that's made very clear to me every day." He took a deep breath, slumping back against the trees once more at the slightly confused look on Cana's face.

"I wouldn't expect you to understand alpha, it doesn't matter, but the point is, I'm not going back. I'm not wanted, and some pack members will definitely be less of a pain in your ass without me around. Besides, if someone that I used to so close with, and that I'm..." He awkwardly coughed as he realised he nearly let slip his true feelings. "Someone that I used to be close with can't even admit that they'd miss me, then what have I got that would make me want to go back?"

Weston pushed away from the tree, turning away from Cana and holding his head down, staring at the darkened forest floor. "So there isn't a deal alpha. The pack needs you, and there will be a high ranked wolf that comes along one day that you can lead the pack with, so you should go back. Goodbye Cana..." With that, Weston shifted swiftly into his black as night wolf with grey speckles, before bounding off once again into the darkness.

'I'm sorry Cana, but this has to be the way.'

Blood boiling, Cana tried to ignore the surge of hurt that flared through her as Weston laughed off her offer. When he finally met her eyes again, she nearly shuddered. He was so much taller than her, and even though he was an omega and had less power, she still felt the slightest bit intimidated. She bristled at his slightly accusatory tone, the wolf in her snapping her jaws in annoyance. “I’m not stupid—”

But he continued, though her confused expression had clearly gotten to him. As he slumped back against the tree, Cana searched his face, trying to find some sign that he was joking, that he had just wanted to mess with her. It was clear, however, that he was serious. Her heart shriveled as she realized he was going to leave the pack, leave her. Dammit! How could he be so selfish?

Her vision went blurry for a few seconds as she flashed back to the day she had to say goodbye to Christian for the very last time. Her eyes had been as dead as her heart, but she’d looked up and seen Weston not too far away. Something about his presence there had comforted her. Now, realizing that she may never be able to feel that again, she shut her eyes as if warding off a bad dream. This was no dream, however.

Before she could say anything else, he had shifted into his wolf form and bounded away. Cana’s knees wobbled, and she sank to the ground with an empty feeling in the pit of her stomach. She couldn’t believe he’d actually suggested that she be with some high-ranking wolf in the pack. What, like Garett was ever going to make her happy? All the high-ranking wolves in the pack were jackasses. It was the reason she’d liked Christian so much in the first place. Idiot.

With a snarl, she shifted into her wolf form and went after him, nimbly avoiding trees and bushes despite the darkness. As she neared him, she suddenly remembered that they’d often done this as pups, chasing each other through the woods. What she wouldn’t do to be a cub again, with no responsibilities and no care in the world. As she drew nearer and nearer to Weston, she briefly shucked off her alpha role and her adultness.

She pounced on Weston, but instead of trying to pin him to the ground, she playfully batted his shoulders and rolled with him on the ground. When momentum brought them to a stop, she took one of his ears in her jaws and tugged. Then, she let go and hopped away, crouching low to the ground with her tongue hanging out of her mouth like a pup. Her tail waved like a flag as she stared up at him, willing his own playful side to come out. To encourage him, she tackled him again, but this time, they rolled down a small incline.

By the time she was exhausted from all the playfighting, Cana rolled onto her back and shifted back into her human form. This part of the forest had less trees, and for once, she was able to make out the stars above them. She murmured, “Please let me come with you, Weston. Just for a little bit. If you’re going to leave, at least let me spend some time with one of my closest friends.” Turning her head to look at him, she added, “Because I’m going to miss you, you dolt. Those pains in the asses can survive a few days without their alpha.”

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston thought he'd got away with running off, until he heard the swift, bounding footfalls that could only belong to Cana. Whenever they'd run together as children he had always admired how she'd been so light on her feet, her rhythm always perfectly timed. He had tried to push himself, to try and make her realise he wasn't going back, once and for all. But, with Cana being an alpha, Weston's plan didn't work out.

What Weston was expecting was Cana to pounce on him like before and assert her alpha dominance. Yet he was surprised when the pounce turned playful and she tugged on one of his ears, just like they did to each other as children play fighting. When she bounded off him and started wagging her tail, he couldn't help but let out a grunt of confusion. If he was in human form, Weston was sure his right eyebrow would be quirked in an expression of mild confusion. 'This isn't like you.' Regardless of the confusion he was feeling towards her actions, Weston couldn't help but forget his worries and reverted back to his childhood self that had friends and was fairly carefree.

The next half an hour was spent with the two wolves rolling round in the dirt, pouncing and chasing each other, and letting out joyful yips and barks as they bounded round. In that short amount of time Weston was sure he couldn't remember the last time the two of them had been so comfortable in each others presence, or when Weston had been so utterly happy himself. He knew it would be short lived, but he would take anything he could get with his love.

Eventually they rolled down and lay panting besides each other, the two of them exhausted and Weston watched out of the corner of his eyes as Cana shifted back to her human form. Her hair was more dishevelled that it had been before, but this time he could see a slight glint of happiness on her features. The words that came out of her mouth were not entirely what he'd been hoping to hear though.

Weston shifted back into his human form, and sighed. "Cana..." He didn't want to let her come with him. This was supposed to be a clean break, and her actually saying she'd miss him made him falter. If Cana came with him there was no way he'd be able to say no to her when she wanted to return to the pack. She'd twist his little finger and give him those puppy dog eyes she reserved for rare, reserved moments between the two of them. He would bend to her will, and he knew he always would.

Standing up, he shook his head. "I guess you're set on coming with me then..." He knew he'd ignored her saying she'd miss him, but that was just one other thing that would tie him to her, and currently he was trying to break that tie rather than strengthen it. "C'mon alpha, I'd like to find this town before sunrise and actually get some sleep." A soft chuckle escaped him before he started walking, knowing Cana would follow and take charge.

She’d been expecting him to reject her again. If that was the case, she’d just have to beat him up and drag him back to the pack instead of taking a much-needed vacation from them. The past half hour had been mere play, and it hadn’t changed the tension that lingered between them, suffocating her until she couldn’t breathe.

So when he finally resigned himself and acquiesced, the happiness that had surged up from their playfighting flared brighter. A brilliant grin spread across her face, but she refrained from hugging him right then and there. That wouldn’t have been like her, anyway. Still, he seemed reluctant, and unless she was mistaken, he was trying his best to not look at her. Had she said something wrong?

Shrugging off her worry, she stood and followed him, trying not to put a bounce in her step. Her hair, however, was a mess, and she took a moment to fix it. Showing up in some unknown town looking like a crazy person would do little to help them. As she struggled to get the last little bit to lie flat, she asked Weston, “Where exactly are you planning to sleep once we get there? I don’t suppose we’re going to crash a doghouse?”

She suddenly realized that perhaps he’d expected her to take charge. Maybe she should’ve come up with a plan for them. But she’d been doing that for years, and besides, this running away business hadn’t been her idea. He could be the alpha of this situation; this was her “vacation.” No thinking unless absolutely necessary. Unless…

“I assume you have the means to be able to get us food? Unless we’re going to go wolf every night and take down a deer, I’m afraid I’m going to miss bacon long before we spot a doe.”

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston sighed as he felt Cana catching up behind him, asking questions and degrading his idea of running away. He'd had a plan before, but now he would have to ensure he'd find a job sooner rather than later, because his funds would only just about cover a few days for food and lodgings for himself, let alone the two of them.

"We'll be sleeping in the first, and cheapest, hotel, hostel, inn, whatever there is once we reach the town. I don't have a lot to my name, so that's the best I can do." He sighed, running a hand over his face, treading carefully across the forest floor. "I hadn't planned on funding two people, so we'll just have to see how it goes. Going wolf for dinner may have to be an option until I find a job and fund my stay."

The two of them continued walking for another hour, the darkness and treacherous paths of the forest during the night slowing their walking pace. There was little chatter between the two of them, Weston feeling the awkward and tense atmosphere greatly. His wolf was still trying to get him to submit to his alpha, to just agree to go back to the pack, but this time he couldn't agree with his inner feelings and nature. This time he was going against the grain, to try and save himself.

Eventually the trees began to thin, "Thank god," and Weston finally looked in Cana's direction. "This is your last chance to go back to the pack; where you belong. I'm not changing my mind, this is what I want."

'Not really, but it's the better option. I'd rather face this than a lifetime of being lower than second best.'

Weston turned his back on Cana, smoothing out his slightly unruly hair and facing the human town. It was deathly silent, apart form the odd car making it's lonely way down the road. To Weston, it looked perfect. There was no smell of wolf, apart from Cana behind him. It looked and smelled like a second chance to him, and he couldn't stop the smile that spread across his lips. Without thinking, he turned back round to look at Cana with that smile spread across his lips, his eyes lighting up for the first time in years. "C'mon alpha. Time to find a bed."

(OOC: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!)

A surge of guilt rang through Cana as she realized Weston hadn’t exactly planned to be paying for the both of them. She hadn’t brought anything, either, as she’d pretty much expected, when she left, that she’d be bringing him right back. Without any of her things, she wouldn’t be able to pull one of her “alpha miracles” and help support their stay at whatever hotel they found. Dammit. I’m such an idiot.

At least they’d be able to get food. That was certainly a perk to being a werewolf. When human food ran low, you could always track a deer and rely on that as your food source. Deer were surprisingly filling despite being so dainty.

The silence between them for the next hour was stifling. Tension hung in the air, so thick that Cana thought she’d choke on it. Her wolf whined at her to stop distancing herself from the pack, to go back and be alpha. But she was tired of being so leaderly all the time, doing exactly what was expected of her. She’d wanted it all her life, and yet, by the time she got it, she wasn’t sure if she would be able to handle it for the rest of her werewolf career. So she squashed down her wolf and decided to get at least a little taste of freedom before she went back to the same stale routine.

As the trees thinned, Cana snorted at Weston’s tone. “Who are you to tell me where I belong?” Considering her earlier train of thought, the phrase “where you belong” really pissed her off. What if she didn’t belong in the pack? Some could deal with those morons their entire lives, but ever since Christian’s death, she’d slowly detached herself from the only family she’d ever known. Maybe she didn’t belong there. Still, she was surprised at how angry she felt at Weston’s words. “I’m coming with you until I get bored or you get bored or we both get bored and decide we miss our little pack of numbskulls. So deal with it, omega. She practically spat the last word, still seething, for some reason, over his earlier mocking tone.

In an effort to calm the boiling anger still coursing through her, she stared instead at the town. It was quiet, the type of quiet you never heard in a house full of boisterous werewolves. The scents coming to her from it were nothing like the town the pack got supplies from, and Cana thought she liked that. She liked this town. Too bad she probably wouldn’t be here for long.

Then Weston was looking at her again, but this time, he was smiling. Until she saw it, she hadn’t realized she’d missed that smile of his. He hadn’t looked this happy in a long, long time. In response, her own mouth quirked up in a smile—not the polite one of an alpha or the wicked one of someone about to beat up one of the lower wolves for stealing her bacon, but a genuine smile. The kind she used to give Christian when she’d wake up and see him standing over her, telling her it was time for breakfast.

She hadn’t thought she had any of those smiles left in her.

Weston’s words stunned her. “Time to find a bed” at first registered as something flirty, like the kind of trash Garett tried to use to charm her, and her smile fell abruptly. A sudden image of them having to share a bed flashed through her mind, and she started blushing profusely for no reason at all. Of course, he probably hadn’t mean anything suggestive. The words had probably fallen from his mouth before he could think about the type of connotation it held. He had never been on the receiving end of Garett’s dirty tongue.

Instead of letting him see her embarrassment, she pushed past him and started down the hill. “Whatever,” she muttered, shoving her hands in her pockets. She ended up leading the way into the town, making sure not to look at him until her imagination stopped running away with her.

Finally, she paused mid-step and looked up. They were in front of a cheap-looking motel that, at least, didn’t look like it had cockroaches and dust everywhere. It seemed pretty decent. “This catch your fancy?” she asked, keeping her voice cool and distant.

Oh, God, please let there be two beds in each room. Please please please.

This Is Me This Is Me
{Heh… Um… I accidentally made that longer than intended. >w< }[/COLOR][/B]

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston had never meant to mock Cana when he called her alpha, it was ingrained into him to use the term out of respect. Other higher ranking wolves could get away with it if they slipped up and missed it off the end of their conversations, but with an omega, it was like signing a death warrant. He understood how it could have come across that way, what with being outside the pack and Cana being in a foul mood from chasing after him, so Weston tried to ignore the way Cana spat the term omega. He tried to make excuses for her, but still, deep down, he knew if she could say it in a derogatory way, she must think the same things as the rest of that god-awful pack.

Rather than responding however, Weston was caught up in the magic of a new town and the smile spread across Cana's face. It had been years since he'd witnessed such joy that could possible reach her tired eyes. After she'd lost Christian, that had been it. One of those smiles had never resurfaced, and instead her facial expressions were replaced by those expected of an alpha. Cana may have lost the love of her life, but Weston had to watch the love of his break, harden and shun him in front of his very eyes.

The moment, however, was over rather quickly from Weston opening his mouth and Cana storming off in front of him. He had thought, maybe, that the peacefulness of the town had calmed her a little, but as she strode down the road, he knew he was in for a long night with her grumblings. A sigh escaped him as he started to follow the woman with such a confident stride, it made him wonder how they were ever friends.

Weston took his time trying to catch up to Cana, his eyes glancing around the town and taking everything in. He couldn't wait to see what the place was like in the daylight, hopefully bustling with friendly people that would help him find a job. Stopping just to the side of Cana, he looked up to the motel and smiled, ignoring the tone of Cana's voice, "It's perfect." Weston didn't bother to wait for Cana as he walked into the reception, greeted by a gentle older man.

"Good evening. And what can I do for you?"

Weston grinned. "We're looking for a room. Preferably two beds. I can pay for a few nights up-front, but we're new to town, so until I find a job that's all I can do..." He trailed off, feeling awkward at not being more prepared for the start of his new life. However, the old man behind the desk simply smiled at him kindly and couldn't be more helpful in organising a room for them and a payment scheme. The old man, Trevor, even went as far as to write him a list of a few places he knew of that were hiring.

After thanking Trevor, Weston turned back to find Cana standing a little ways off from the desk. Holding up the key, he grinned back at her, albeit a little sheepishly. "There's a convention here this weekend, so the only room left was a single. However, it has a sofa. So I'll take that and you take the bed. It's, uh... This way." Weston turned and took the stairs on the right, heading up to the second floor, knowing Cana was behind him. "If you're still here in a few days when the convention is over, Trevor has said we're welcome to change rooms. If you're not however, a single room is all I need to it works out perfectly."

'Room 12... Ah here! Here we go!'
(OOC: Absolutely no worries! I LOVED IT! Mine also ended up longer than planned haha)​

Cana had to hurry to catch up to Weston as he strode inside the motel he’d deemed “perfect.” She didn’t see what was so great about it, but she’d go along with it. At least for now.

As they entered reception, Cana hung back, feigning interest in some of the plants that lined the edge of the room. The room was quiet, save for Weston and the clerk’s voice, and she sighed, taking comfort in the quiet. The pack had always been boisterous, and it was enough to give anyone a permanent headache. Maybe this running away thing wasn’t so bad after all.

Not that she would be able to stay gone.

Weston returned with a key to one of the motel’s rooms. He explained their sleeping arrangements and turned away. Cana blinked. He was going to sleep on the sofa? “You don’t have to…” Biting her lip, she followed him, staring at his back guiltily. Of course he was going to let her have the bed; she was the alpha, so it was natural instinct to want to let her have the more comfortable sleeping place.

She looked up as he said something about switching rooms “if you’re still here.” Cana bristled. Did she seem flaky? “You can’t get rid of me that easy. Have you forgotten who I am?”

They stepped into the room, and Cana eyed the aforementioned sofa. That did not look comfortable enough to sleep in. With a sigh, she looked away and muttered, “You don’t have to be all noble and take the sofa. You can…share with me, or whatever. But no funny business, alright?” Yes, she’d been squeamish earlier at the thought, but now she was operating on guilt. She couldn’t just sit by and let him sleep on a couch that probably wasn’t comfortable.

A blush spread over her cheeks as she took a few steps away, refusing to look at him until he either rejected her offer (likely) or accepted it (HA!).

This Is Me This Is Me
{Let awkwardness ensue! > : D }

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston grumbled under his breath as he somehow managed to raise the tension between the two of them, by Cana taking something he'd said the wrong way, again. He slowly ran a hand over his face as he took in the room before them. Despite the tension, it didn't stop the smile that spread across his lips. The room wasn't anything fancy, but he'd never had many luxuries in his life, so a room he could sort of call his own was a big step. "You know I haven't forgotten who you are. How can I?" He mumbled the last part under his breath before clearing his throat. "I was meaning in the sense that I will be here longer than you. You have a pack to go back to as the alpha. That's all."

Moving further into the room, Weston's nose picked up the slightly stale smell in the air. Even though it wasn't very strong, it was enough to assault his slightly heightened werewolf senses and he couldn't imagine how Cana wasn't scrunching her nose with hers being stronger than an omegas. He moved around, searching in draws and the cupboards, luckily finding spare bedding and pillows that would work just fine for him.

However, when Cana mentioned the two of them sharing the bed, Weston balked. If it wasn't bad enough that his alpha, and former long-time friend, had suggested such a thing, her then insinuating he wouldn't be able to keep his hands to himself sent his cheeks into a roaring frenzy. Weston's throat was dry and he coughed to try and clear it, keeping his head down to try and hide the brightness of his cheeks.

Most of the time, Weston tried to keep a cool head about him and kept his thoughts to himself. Around the pack house he was quiet. 'Well up until today that is... Fool.' He didn't want to let him being an omega define everything about him. He didn't want to have the characteristics of a pathetic, always-dependent omega like some did. That wasn't him, but the words that Cana just let out of her mouth turned Weston into a flailing, crimson faced man.

Shaking his head back and forth, Weston paced a little before finding words again when his brain finally caught back up to him. "Not to be rude alpha, but that won't be necessary. You are my, I mean an alpha, and I'm an omega. Plus you're un-mated, so in all due respect, it just wouldn't be right to share a bed with you. The sofa is perfectly adequate for me. If needs must I'll sleep in wolf form."

Weston sighed, moving over to the sofa and set it up for his bed, dumping his backpack on the floor beside him. However much Weston wanted to share a bed with Cana, like they did as little kids when ranks and feelings meant nothing, he couldn't. Now, it would not only be wrong and frowned upon if anyone found out, but Weston wasn't sure his feelings or his wolf could stand being so close to her in such a way.

'Calm Weston. Calm.'
(OOC: WOOOO! Also apologies for the delayed response, I've been in the process of moving back to uni!)​

Cana sighed. How many times was Weston going to insist that her being “alpha” meant he had to submit to her in every way possible? And how many damn times was he going to insist that she would return to the pack sooner rather than later? Maybe she wanted a vacation! Did he ever think of that? Maybe she was tired of Garett and the others always trying to win her favor. Being alpha was no cakewalk, no matter what any omega thought.

Her nose twitched at the incredibly stale smell of the room. As she stood staring at the bed, she wondered if she’d be able to sleep. Despite her complaints, she was still worried about her pack. At least, the daily runnings of it. Garett better not screw it up while she was gone. Finally, she resigned herself and crawled under the covers, shifting into her wolf form to get more comfortable.

In her wolf form, she felt slightly calmer about her surroundings. So it didn’t take long for her to fall asleep.

~ ~ ~

She shouldn’t have been surprised when it happened, but Cana didn’t think that her nightmares would plague her tonight of all nights. In her dreams, her vision turned red, and she heard echoes of her cries from the day Christian died. She shifted back to her human form and kicked off the blankets. When her eyes shot open, she was unaware of her surroundings. All she knew was that she had to get out of here.

Throwing her legs over the side of the bed, she was up and out of the door in a mere few seconds. She sprinted down the hallways and out of the motel, ignoring the startled cry of the clerk currently on duty. But coming outside wasn’t enough, so she darted into the small wooded area at the edge of the parking lot.

Once there, she went behind a tree and leaned against it, sliding to the ground as she caught her breath. Goddammit, maybe Weston was right. Maybe she should go home. Cana buried her face in her hands and tried to stop the shivers that had come from her nightmares.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston had slumped down onto the sofa when Cana curled up in wolf form and fell asleep. He knew what ever he'd said she hadn't approved of. Unfortunately, today seemed to have been a day of saying the complete wrong things. If he'd kept his mouth shut earlier on in the day he maybe wouldn't have been so rash to leave as he did. He should've gone about it properly, gotten permission from Cana to leave the pack. Yet, here he was after saying the wrong thing and going about everything the complete wrong way.

Despite the day having exhausted Weston, he couldn't help but feel wide awake with excitement. It didn't help that the night was his favourite time; it was peaceful, quiet, and there were no chores to do. Even back in the pack, the night was his time, where he could be himself and not worry about pack members criticising his every move. The night meant he could go running, something he wasn't generally allowed to do during the day when he had other things to be doing. He would be safe because the night meant no one came to harass him.

Weston was perched, lanky limbs and all, on the small bay window, staring at the still night and ever-changing starry sky when Cana started shifting and whimpering in her sleep. On the rare occasions they spoke in the past, he knew she'd had on and off nightmares and it didn't take a lot to guess it was about Christian. Despite Cana being young, the two of them were perfect for each other, anyone could see it. Even Weston admitted to himself. However, the fact she was still having nightmares about him sent a pang through Weston's chest. He should've known, even after all this time, she would never be ready to move on, not with anyone, especially him.

When Cana jumped up and ran out of the room, she didn't even see Weston sitting on the windowsill watching her warily. With a sigh, running his hand down his face he pushed himself off his perch and followed her scent out of the motel and into the forest skirting the edge of the town. He saw her, slumped and shaking on the ground, hiding from the world behind a tree. Another sigh escaped his lips, "Cana...". Whether she heard him or not, it didn't matter.

A wolf with a coat of varying greys to black stood in Weston's place after he finished shifting. Quietly, he placed his paws on the floor as he made his way over to Cana. He nudged his head under her arms so she'd wrap them around his neck, before sitting carefully next to her. Her grip made him feel needed, but he knew he wasn't. Cana hadn't needed him for a long time, and he knew his human presence would put her back up when she was feeling so vulnerable. It just so happened that his wolf was similar to Christian's, smaller but the exact same colourings. If the only thing he could do was let Cana calm down to the idea of Christian's wolf, then he'd take it. It was better than being forgotten, but he knew he couldn't carry on like this.

Every time, however infrequent it may have been when she sought his wolf out for comfort, broke him more than her ignoring his very existence. There was only so much one person could take when it came to the heart, and Weston had reached his limit. Weston was tired. Tired of being treated like dirt by everyone, even old friends, tired of hoping and tired of watching the one person he'd ever loved looking straight through him. He couldn't do it anymore, so running was the best option, but he couldn't do that until Cana had gone back to the pack that needed her. She'd find someone more suited to her, someone powerful that could lead alongside her and she'd be proud to stand with them, whilst Weston moved further and further away, trying to forget and become his own person.

Cana felt cold. She couldn’t stop shivering. For a second, she thought she heard someone saying her name, but that wasn’t possible. No one else but her was out here…right? She’d probably die of embarrassment if someone saw how pathetic she was after a simple nightmare. Only Christian and Weston had ever seen her like this. Even then, she had rarely allowed those two to see her in that state as it was. An alpha couldn’t be weak.

Fur brushed along her arm, and she startled. Blinking so her eyes could adjust to the darkness, she saw a wolf with a gray and black coat standing right beside her. Christian? A foolish part of her dared to hope it was him. This wolf looked so achingly similar. He nudged his head under her arms, and she gratefully wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his fur. He was warm and comforting, all the things Christian had been on the nights when she was sick and tired of dealing with the pack’s idiots.

But this wasn’t Christian. He was gone. Forever.

Allowing herself a small smile, Cana sniffled and whispered, “Thank you, Weston.” One of these days, she’d have to let go of Christian. His death was still fresh, but she couldn’t mourn him forever. A proper alpha couldn’t lead if she was constantly distracted by her own problems, which were far less important than those of the pack. It took the warm fur of Weston’s wolf to remind her of that. It was half the reason she came to him when her nightmares were especially terrible. Only he could bring her back to reality. All the same, it wasn’t fair of her to expect so much of him.

“What kind of alpha am I, whimpering and crying all because of some stupid nightmare and burdening someone else with it?” she muttered to herself, tightening her grip around Weston’s scruff. “The pack doesn’t deserve someone as pathetic as me. They’d be better off with Garett or someone else leading them.”

A few moments passed with Cana keeping her face in Weston’s fur. Finally, she pulled away and looked him in the eye. “Weston, can you… can you please shift? I… I’d feel better if a human was comforting me. Fooling myself into thinking Christian is here won’t help.” She teared up without meaning to as she lowered her head. “I’m sorry. It’s not fair of me to expect you to comfort me every time I have a stupid nightmares. Putting this burden on you isn’t something an alpha should do. It’s not something a good friend would do. And while you’ve been the best friend possible, I’ve been absolutely horrible in that department.”

She sniffled again as she continued, “You’ve always been there for me, but I haven’t done anything for you. I’m a terrible friend. I wouldn’t blame you if you hated me. I’d hate me. But Weston,” she urged, glancing up at him with a tear-streaked face, “that’s why I didn’t want you to leave. I’ve already lost one person I care about, and I wouldn’t be able to take it if I lost another. I’d miss you every day, and I’d beat myself up for not treating you better.

“So please, Weston, just let me stay here with you. Just for a little while longer. Let me spend time with the one person who knows me as well as Christian did. Please stop trying to tell me to go back to the place that just reminds me of him and sends me back into my nightmares. I want to make it up to you for always being such a terrible alpha and friend.”
Her shoulders shook with the weight of her words. She didn’t know where half of them had come from, but they were all entirely true.

Cana needed Weston for reasons she couldn’t explain.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston had no idea what to do apart from sit there in his wolf form and allow Cana to let out all her pent up frustrations. It was usual for her to turn slightly self-loathing after she'd had a nightmare, but he had never thought any less of her. If anything, she was one of the strongest people he knew. When a wolf loses their life-partner, their mate, they tend to lose the plot. It may have been that the two hadn't fully mated, but the bond between Cana and Christian had been strong, and it was awe-inspiring that she'd managed to carry on as alpha fairly normally.

Whilst Cana was noble, and stuck to her role, Weston realised he was the complete opposite. Despite the fact half of them treated him like dirt for being a male omega, he was abandoning his pack. Cana had never done that. She'd never given up on herself or her pack. Weston had done both of those things. He'd given up on himself, on his pack, on his family, and most importantly he'd given up on Cana. He thought it would be easier to run away and try and forget how desperately in love he was with the woman. Yet upon realising how pathetic his actions were compared to Cana's, he wasn't so sure he could follow through with it completely. Watching Cana break down in front of him made him want to throw his plans to the wind and go back with her, even if it meant nothing would change for him.

Usually when Cana came to seek comfort from his wolf, she'd never asked him to turn back into his human form. It struck him with a pang to his chest that maybe she wanted him, that maybe him being who he was could be enough. It took him a while to recover from the shock, and to shake away the content haze that clouded his judgement from where Cana had been holding him. When she'd pulled away, he sat in his wolf form, head cocked to the side, listening intently. It had been such a long time since Weston had been privy to such a long conversation with Cana. He couldn't even remember the last time.

Weston shook himself back to reality as he witnessed Cana's shoulders shaking in anguish. She was trying so hard to be strong, but it seemed this had been bottling up for quite some time from how spoke her mind for once. Shifting back into his human form, Weston straightened his clothes and cleared his throat. Cana hadn't noticed his shift from how caught up she was in her own mind, so he took a deep breath and stole the moment. Shifting behind her, he folded his body over Cana's, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and took a leap at resting his forehead in the crook of her neck. He wished he could place his mark in that spot, but knew it was more than just wishful thinking.

Weston shook his head and cleared his throat once more to rid himself of devilish thoughts; it was definitely not the time nor the place. "Don't beat yourself up like this Cana. You're the strongest person I know, and the pack thinks and knows it too. You're in no way a terrible alpha, but what would make you terrible is if you leave your pack in the hands of Garett. Who knows what will happen if you leave him alone for too long. You're the rightful alpha, and a damn good one, so whilst it might bring back bad memories, your people are there. They all love you, and so do..."

Weston's eyes widened, and he snapped his mouth shut. He never intended to let Cana know his feelings because he wasn't sure he could deal with the rejection. 'I need to be more careful.' "We both know there's no way I can stop you from staying with me for a bit; I'm an omega and you're your own woman, as well as my alpha. I can't force you to go back if you wanted to. You don't need to stay with me just to prove how sorry you are, because there's nothing to apologise for. I know what some people in the pack are like, so an alpha being friendly with an omega, no less a male omega, is touchy. It's impressive you've still managed to talk to me on the odd occasion." He let out a soft chuckle, trying to make Cana realise that he didn't harbour any bad feelings towards her. If anything, if they'd spent more time together, he wasn't sure if he could keep his feelings in check.

Realising he'd probably spent too much time touching Cana, he extracted himself from around her and sat back against the tree, at an angle to her. Swallowing over the lump in his throat, Weston resigned himself to try and follow in Cana's footsteps, throwing his ideas of being a free wolf to the wind. "You can always rely on my wolf to calm you down when you need him. So... I'll come back to the pack. You won't have to lose anyone else." A soft sigh escaped his lips as he rung his hands in his lap. If he was going to go back to the pack he'd have to go back to using all the formalities again and acting in the correct fashion; head down and silent. "We should probably go back inside and get some sleep now alpha."
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Weston’s arms wrapped around her from behind, and Cana leaned into them gratefully. She inhaled sharply when he rested his forehead on the back of her neck, but that tension soon eased as his warmth enveloped her. While his wolf had always been warm and steady in its comfort, his arms were even more calming, and she bit back a sigh. Tentatively, she reached up and hugged his arms to her, for once not thinking of Christian in any way. This warmth was nice. She almost wished they could stay there like that for a long time.

He started speaking, and Cana sat still, breathing in and out. The ghost of a smile danced across her face as he praised her, but she couldn’t deny that she caught the slip of his tongue. So do…what? It had almost sounded like some sort of confession. That was impossible, though. Why on earth would he have feelings for her? Someone as pathetic as her? No, she was dreaming it. Still, why had he stopped so abruptly?

Of course, Weston’s easy forgiveness almost hurt more than if he hadn’t. Why was he so nice to her all the time? They were outside the pack; he could drop the formalities and tell her if he was truly angry or not. And yet, she sensed somehow that he’d never harbored any ill will toward her, despite her terrible friendship. Cana sank deeper into his embrace in semi-relief. She murmured, “Of course I still talk to you. You think I’m going to forget how close we were as kids? Unlike Garett, you don’t act like something you’re not.”

Too soon, he moved away, taking his warmth with him. She faced him, trying not to betray the sudden empty feeling that came with the cold breeze that was now at her back. A part of her wanted to reach out and make him to wrap his arms around her again, if only to be able to feel that warmth for a little longer. Then her jaw dropped open as he agreed to come back to the pack with her. No. This was another hallucination, wasn’t it? He couldn’t seriously have decided this so quickly.

Cana gripped a part of his shirt, her hand in a fist. “Weston, no. I’m not going to pretend you didn’t go through hell there. If I know you’re here, I’m not really losing anyone, am I? Please don’t give up your chance at freedom for me. Don’t tell me to take you back against your will. You’re your own person, too, Weston, and I’m not letting you give up on a new life.”

She wilted. “But if you’re dead set on it, fine. At least… Let’s just stay a little longer, okay? I don’t want to endanger the pack, but I… I need some time away from them. I need a little more time to work myself out. The way I am right now… I can’t possibly lead them” This whole running away thing was almost too good to be true. If they went back now, it would seem more like some elaborate fantasy than something that they had done. If they went back now, she’d have to deal with all the formal crap that she hated about her alpha position.

Weston suggested they return to the room, and Cana bit her lip. An image of the bed she’d been sleeping in, probably a wreck from her nightmares, flashed through her mind. In a split second, her arms were around Weston’s neck, and her face was buried in his shoulder. Just one more gesture of how sorry she was. Even if he had forgiven her, she still wanted to try to make up for all the neglect. For all the heartache she’d no doubt caused him.

A few seconds passed, and then she pulled away. Her cheeks were red, but she told herself it was from the wind. She whispered, “Please don’t leave me alone in that bed. The nightmares come when I’m feeling alone.” She bit her lip so hard she drew blood. “Will you, um, share it? With me? It’ll be just like we were kids…” But not really, because we’re all grown up now, and if anyone finds out it’ll be really awkward… But otherwise the same.

Cana couldn’t deny, however, that she needed something to chase away the nightmares. And if that warmth that radiated from him did the trick, then so be it. Screw whatever the others would think. Out here, they were just Cana and Weston, instead of alpha and omega. She found she didn’t mind that terribly.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston watched quietly, his eyes wide as Cana went on at him, her hand gripped in his shirt. He couldn't help where his mind took him and he wished more than anything she was getting this close to him because she wanted and needed him. It sent his stomach stirring and he tried his hardest to force his feelings back down. That was easy enough when guilt filled him instead from her words. He'd wanted to move further away from this current town when his situation allowed for it. He wanted to run as far away from the pack, from Cana, as he could, but the fact he had just agreed to go back to that hellish place was still a work in progress.

He swallowed over the lump in his throat, ready to agree with her that they could stay a little longer until she felt ready to be a leader again. It was in her blood and she couldn't run from it, no matter how much she wanted to, and Weston knew that at the end of the day, leading her pack was exactly where she wanted to be.

Before Weston could even form the words, he suddenly had an arm full of Cana. His stomach lurched and his cheeks flushed brightly, his arms hanging limply by his sides. Slowly he reached up and wrapped his arms gently around her back, careful not to pull her body closer to his just like he wanted. He couldn't remember the last time she'd been so forward and open with him; it was sending his heart on a rollercoaster.

Much sooner than Weston would have liked, Cana was sitting away from him and he tried to force away the redness that no doubt adorned his cheeks from how hot they were feeling. It was futile though as the next whispered words to escape her sent him reeling once more. 'Share the bed? With her? Jeez Cana, no.' He spluttered, coughing awkwardly to try and calm himself down. It would be nothing like when they were kids. He hadn't been this close to Cana since his feelings had grown stronger, and that had been a fair couple of years, so to share a bed with her was just asking for embarrassment.

Still, the omega in him wanting to please his alpha, and the Weston in him wanted to make sure Cana was okay and could sleep peacefully through the night. Stiffly he nodded his head, "I'll stay with you." He pushed himself up, using the tree to support his shaking limbs from the onslaught of twisting emotions Cana had sent him on in such a short space of time. "We'll stay for a couple of days. Get you back on your feet, and then we'll leave. Hopefully Garett won't have taken over too much..." He trailed off. "Not that you'd ever let him do that alpha." Weston rubbed the back of his neck, dropping his head down in submission to suggesting that Garett was a threat to Cana.

Slowly Weston turned away, walking back towards the motel and fixing his clothes as his went. 'What have you gotten yourself into Weston, you idiot.'
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Dammit, why was it so hard for him to hug her? It was like he was scared of her or something. Cana supposed Weston was just used to putting distance between them due to their ranks in the pack, but it still made it weird. Maybe she shouldn’t have hugged him. Then she wouldn’t be feeling this way about it.

She flinched visibly as he coughed to cover up his embarrassment at her question. Her shoulders hunched as she waited for him to say no. If she really needed to, she could probably chase away the nightmares. Now that she knew they’d haunt her even outside of the pack, maybe she could somehow will them not to come...even though that was very unlikely.

To her surprise, he said he’d stay with her, and she lifted her head to stare at him. He also agreed to stay here a few days while she worked herself out. Where she’d been expecting him to completely reject the idea, he was embracing her and letting her have her way. Was this another effect of him being raised to submit to her…or was this something even beyond their pack hierarchy?

After some considerable effort on her part, she stood up, her knees knocking together from all the time she’d spent sitting down. For a moment, she just stared after Weston as he headed back to the motel, fixing his clothes. She looked down at her own clothes and blushed—once again—when she realized they were dirty from her sprint into the woods. They weren’t as rumpled as maybe Weston’s had been…but if anyone happened to look closely at them, they would draw some embarrassing conclusions about what they’d been doing.

That was not a comforting thought.

With a sigh, Cana followed Weston, brushing off as many leaves as she could and straightening her own clothes. She entered the motel after him and tried not to meet the clerk’s eyes as she passed him. The hallway seemed endless; how had she sprinted down it so quickly earlier? Her heart started pounding as they neared the room they were sharing. In just a few moments, they would be sharing the bed… Why the hell was she so nervous about it? It was just so she wouldn’t feel lonely and have nightmares again, so why was this so hard all of a sudden?

Since Cana entered the room second, she closed the door behind her. For a moment, she took a few deep breaths, and then she turned around to survey the damage she had done to the bed. It was mostly intact, but the blankets were all on the floor, presumably from her kicking. That seemed to be the extent of the damage. She picked them up and spread them over the bed again, muttering, “It’s my fault they got messed up…”

After she had remade the bed, Cana yawned. Her nightmare had exhausted her. Without even thinking about the fact that Weston would soon join her, she crawled into the bed and curled up on one side of it. Tugging the blanket up to her chin, she tried to calm her breathing so she could fall asleep again. But her racing heart was getting the way.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
Weston couldn't help the sigh that escaped him when he entered their room again. The bed was a mess but all he could do was go to the window and wait for Cana to turn up. His insides were twisting and turning, and he willed his feelings away knowing that for Cana this meant nothing more than chasing the nightmares away so she could sleep. Unfortunately that was harder said than done whenever he glanced at the bed. He was trying to decide how he should sleep on the bed, whether she'd prefer human or wolf form. He still hadn't come to a decision when she entered the room and berated herself for the state of the bed. All Weston could do was grunt noncommittally in response.

As Cana made the bed, Weston excused himself to the bathroom, needing to be able to put a door between the two of them and calm himself down. Being alone with Cana was one of the best and worst things in the world, it was something he wished he could do easily but his feelings and rank got in the way. The two of them weren't supposed to be friends, so for Weston to have developed feelings was completely out of order. Leaning against the door frame he tried to calm his breathing, taking deep breaths before moving over to the mirror and staring himself down. He needed to be an omega and someone Cana needed right now, his feelings were never part of any scenario.

After composing himself in the bathroom, Weston re-entered the bedroom to find Cana curled up on one side of the bed with the blanket pulled right to her chin. He couldn't help the soft smile that crept over his lips. 'She used to do that as a kid as well.' After turning off the lights, allowing the moons glow to cast its glow across the room, Weston was just about ready to clamber into the bed. However, his nerves got the better of him and at the very last minute he shifted.

His wolf jumped softly up onto the bed, and gently he placed his large head across her stomach. He knew this would calm her more than himself, and at least this way he couldn't think about his all-too complicated feelings with a wolfs mind.
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

She didn’t have to wait long. When Weston returned from the bathroom, he turned off the lights, and Cana cracked open one eye just enough that she could see the moon lighting up the room. Instead of Weston climbing into bed with her, his wolf did. She looked down in time to see him lay his head across her stomach.

The warmth that had comforted her earlier radiated from Weston’s head. Hesitantly, she wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head against his ruff. Her body curled around his wolf, almost like she was some average teenage girl cuddling with her dog. But this was no golden retriever. An amused smile quirked up the corner of her mouth.

Yet no matter how much she managed to calm her breathing and clear her mind, she couldn’t sleep. A part of her still felt awkward to be in this position with Weston, wolf or no. Biting her lip, she shifted, too. In wolf form, it felt natural to sleep like this with her fellow wolf. (The blanket, of course, were not natural for wolves, but she digressed.)

With a small sigh, Cana rested her head along Weston’s spine. Her tail curled gently around his, and her paws neatly tucked underneath his head. There. That was better. Now she could enjoy his warmth with the awkwardness. Sleep came easily after that.

~ ~ ~

The next morning, Cana awoke to sunlight lighting up the room instead of moonlight. She lifted her head from Weston’s spine and glanced out the window, one ear twitching. Glancing down at Weston, she saw he was still asleep. Cocking her head, she studied the curve of his wolf’s neck and the length of his body curled into a sleeping position. His wolf was truly beautiful, and though it bore similarity to Christian’s wolf form, he still had a uniqueness that couldn’t be matched.

Shifting back into human form, Cana sat up, carefully balancing Weston’s head in her lap. She tucked the blanket over him, her hand running through his fur. For a while, she continued to pet him, sweeping her hand over his head and down his back. She hoped that this would soothe him like he’d soothed her with just one embrace.

Without meaning to, she started humming. Her hand absentmindedly continued to pet him while she looked out the window, admiring the way the sunlight danced across everything.

This Is Me This Is Me

Weston Ayers ~ Omega
It had taken Cana a fair while to sort herself out until she was comfy, even shifting to wolf form to try and make the situation less awkward. Despite the fact sleeping in wolf form was a common pack activity, it took Weston an awful lot longer than Cana to relax enough to fall asleep. He loved and hated having her so close to him. He wanted to be able to shower her with affection, but he wasn't allowed to. He wanted to curl up with her on the bed, in human form, with his arms wrapped around her just because he could and not just because she'd had a nightmare, but that would never happen. He was a male omega and she was the alpha. Even if he had a shimmer of hope that she could ever feel something for him, the elders would look down on them and Cana had the possibility of losing her title. He would never do that to her.

Eventually Weston had managed to get himself to relax, cleared his mind and slowly fell asleep to Cana's soft breaths. If he was truly honest, he couldn't remember the last time he'd slept so well. It was peaceful and incredibly warm to fall asleep next to someone else.

Weston woke to Cana's hands soothing across his head and down his back. To accompany that she was softly humming, something he hadn't heard her do since Christian died. If he was in human form he knew his face would give everything he felt about her away, so instead he stayed in wolf form, watching her gaze out the window and hum. He was content, selfishly using this moment to stay close to her and lovingly watch her as she was just Cana; not the alpha, just the Cana he'd grown up with.

He knew he had to move though, his bladder was calling and his stomach was hollering for food. He shifted, breaking her reverie, which he felt bad for, before jumping down from the bed, shaking out his fur and shifting back into his human form. Weston's back cracked as he stretched and made his way over to grab his bag of clothes. "It's nice to hear you singing again alpha."

After composing himself and hoping his cheeks weren't flushed, he turned back to look at Cana. "I'm just going to get washed up, then go and get us something for breakfast. Anything you would particularly want?"
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Users who are viewing this thread

Back