• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Life at Morris High - INTEREST CHECK

Diamond655

Do You Wanna Have a Bad Time?
Are you ready for action? Adventure? Thrills? Other exciting things?

You'll find none of them here.

There's no real backstory for this one. The school year begins, and we can RP the students. I would prefer to keep most students young for now, around 14 in their first year of high school to start things of, however characters can and will age. This ain't a webcomic, you can't keep your characters 14 forever.

To go over some ground rules before people state their interest;

There is no word count minimum, and we will apply a maximum of 2 paragraphs to make catching up simpler.

If one doesn't want you RPing their characters, DON'T. There will be a simple yes/no option on the app for whether or not you're cool with it, and you won't be shunned as a "hypocrite" if you say no and then RP the characters who are cool with it. You do risk being removed from the RP if you don't follow this rule. If your character becomes important to the plot as a whole before this rule-break, your character will likely be made into an NPC so as to avoid plot derailment.

And, as usual, follow all RP Nation rules. I honestly think it's kind of odd that people add this since it's a given, but who knows, maybe you're that one guy who just didn't read them. If you didn't read the RP Nation rules, I have to ask that you go read them, right now. Because not following them not only risks a kick from the RP, it also risks punishment on a site-wide level.

As for being kicked from the RP for breaking RP Nation rules...I have already warned you. "I didn't read the rules" isn't an excuse, on a site-wide and purely-this-RP level. Major site rules, no matter the punishment given by staff, will likely result in an immediate boot from the RP, and your character becoming an NPC if needed. If I can't wrap my head around the character, they will be sent off some way or another once the arc is over.

Another "as usual" one; don't be a Mary Sue. Making your character popular is fine, and the occasional popular character is to be expected, but if they somehow get perfect grades, have the guys/girls lining up, and despite it all are also extremely kind, with no noticeable flaws? You're not even going to get the grace of being NPC'd, if it's decided you are to be removed. More likely than not, the character will just disappear without explanation.

There will be a flaws section on the app, and leaving it blank is a surefire way to not get accepted. Likewise, circumventing it by either making the flaw extremely specific("I fear being alone on a boat in the middle of the ocean with sharks surrounding me"), or just never bringing it up in-character, will likely get you dropped. If I bother explaining the Mary Sue's disappearance, it will likely be a case of irony(if they're extremely kind, they'll end up trusting the wrong person and getting messed up for it; if they have the above extremely specific flaw, that's exactly what happens)

And finally, this is a normal setting, for the most part. Having your character come from an exotic background is alright, to a degree, but legitimate superpowers, alluded to or legitimately there, is not allowed. Likewise, having an extraordinary background is a no. Anything involving these superpowers will be retconned, and punishments may or may not be given out.

I know it's odd that i decided to list off the rules now, rather than later, but I'd prefer being odd than having people say they're interested, then never show up because they disagreed with the rules I ended up putting in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm more interested in the idea of writing with you than the plot itself.  :D

(I remember reading in the RPN rules that they preferred we didn't write in different color text...does that not apply IG? I absolutely loathe even the suggestion of having to type my character's speech or text or whatever in a different color. In fact, I won't do it. *stares* Figured I'd let you know since we're being straightforward here) 

^_^  I'm not down for one-on-ones, so I hope someone else expresses interest so we can write this slice of life and turn it into something worthwhile! 

...If it is somewhere in the rules, I can't remember it. I'll go check, though.

EDIT: Yes, it's there...I mean, I get people wanting the things to be clean and all, but seems kinda stupid that IC font alterations are outright forbidden on the site, and maybe it should be more up to GM's choice. I guess I don't have a choice about arguing, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
^_^  I for one appreciate that rule. Font colors can be real hard on the eyes. Anyways, I think your maximum length rule will do well to keep things from getting out of hand...and I notice when dialogue is bold or a different color then it makes it easy for people to skip narration and only acknowledge the talking...which leaves holes in replies. 

Anyways, again, I'm interested in this. I'd prefer it got started sooner rather than later, as the longer it takes an RP to start I usually forget about it :/  
Best of luck and I hope others jump in! (and I hope you have a good evening!)

@Diamond655

I'd be interested in joining this. Would characters be allowed to be siblings? I know those plot lines always add a fun element to high school RPs. 

Siblings will have to be given apps if they will be going to Morris High as well. Otherwise they'd be NPCs. I don't want two PC siblings as of yet, though...Because there are only 2 other people here.

Well this certainly looks like it could be fun, I'd say I'm interested. The max two paragraphs thing might be nice, keeps me from overdoing it. xD

That's my first time using one of those emoji things...Did I do it right?

You guess? @Diamond655 Do you guess because you've never done it before, or because you don't really want to? O_O I guess is never a promising way to start a sentence. 

I think I'm more interested in the idea of writing with you than the plot itself.  :D

(I remember reading in the RPN rules that they preferred we didn't write in different color text...does that not apply IG? I absolutely loathe even the suggestion of having to type my character's speech or text or whatever in a different color. In fact, I won't do it. *stares* Figured I'd let you know since we're being straightforward here) 

^_^  I'm not down for one-on-ones, so I hope someone else expresses interest so we can write this slice of life and turn it into something worthwhile! 

There's a rule regarding font color?  Man, I must've missed reading that >_>;;;

Tru thang! @Fyuri I think it's overlooked because no one expects it to be there. There is also one that forbids gif avatars...but I've seen a few floating around the site so that must be another one people overlook! xD  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back