• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Life After Death: Forgotten Home

Characters
Here
Other
Here

LiviathRose

Eliminating the Heart
20-portrait-drawing-by-amanda.jpg Welcome to the up town of New York with bustling streets, busy people and a disaster around almost every corner. There are a wide range of activities to do, events and plenty of jobs to go around to make a living as long as you can juggle a few of them. However, you're dead. So, why do you need to make a living you may ask. Despite you being dead, people can still see you though you have taken on a new identity and you are trying to survive while doing the dirty work of guiding souls to the afterlife. Some Reapers have seen the evolution of man over the centuries of years while others are just starting out and learning to cope without some of their favorite things. Fear not as you are heading to a meeting with your boss, Heleana who is running one of the Public Libraries in New York which is more than fitting for her quiet demeanor. If you can't be early, don't be late. She's waiting and we all have a full day ahead of ourselves.

The voices of strangers talking echoed throughout the streets of New York arguing, or debating. Not a single positive conversation could be heard as Heleana strutted past like a ghost on a moonlit night. Her heels clicked against the concrete as she made her way to the Library to meet with some of her colleagues for the day. As the library came into view, there were a small crowd lingering in front of the steps holding a few signs that read "The End is Near". Heleana walked up to the crowd as if she was on a mission.
"Excuse me, this is the Public Library not some god-bearing church. Get out of here before I have you removed by force." She said almost sweetly that did not fit her posture.
One of the men from the crowd walked up to her but before he could speak towards her, she placed her hand on his shoulder and leaned in whisper. "Get your people out of here, or I'll show you what the end looks like." The shaggy looking man, took a step back and looked at the crowd. He signaled them to move as Heleana walked past him and up into the library. The doors creaked as if to welcome her back into her home as she took a slow stroll down the aisle.

1565992912385.png Down towards the back, she placed her black suitcase down on one of the tables that shared about six seats. Opening it up, she scanned the room looking for any fellow Reapers perhaps that arrived early. She didn't see anything right away as her aged, hazel eyes looked back down towards the suitcase as she began organizing the paperwork on the table. Rumor had that a new face was coming around, but she could not confirm as usually she picks them up from wherever they lived or died leaving her wondering why such an odd change. Running her porcelain hand through the blonde locks of hair, she let out a frustrated sigh before sitting down and beginning to write on some papers hoping some friendly face would bring a coffee or two.

there was a small thump on the table with a familiar face to the side, "hello, m'lady. I heard there would be a 'new face' around here this meeting. I wonder how they will react to the whole reaper speal." he pulls up a chair and sits in it back to front without a care in the world, "I bet you they faint like the last one." he thinks for a moment, "then again, that one already went through a hell of a lot, so maybe it wont be as bad this time."

he smiles cheerfully as he sips from his own cup; this one filled with hot chocolate. he still cant get over the taste of chocolate after hundreds of years. "or maybe they will take it weird like the guy that used to be a serial killer", he takes another sip, "I never really expected someone to be excited about our situation or at least to that extent."

The click of the lock could be heard as Kelsie twisted the key inside the key hole of the antique shop that she had ran for the past two years. After making sure the door was indeed locked as the last thing she needed was another break in. Pocketing the keys, she made her way in the opposite direction of the shop and headed towards the main library in New York city. It was a usual day in the big apple as the streets and side walks were packed with people going every which way. Kelsie didn't really care for the city as she much preferred somewhere quieter and less busy. If she had a choice she would live where she grew up, where it was nice and quiet. The bustle of the city didn't appeal to her especially when someone bumped into her and yelled like it was her fault and not the guy that was on his phone. 'Asshole' She muttered under her breathe as she continued on her way.

When Kelsie arrived to the building she quickly walked up the steps and entered the library and walked towards the back until she arrived at a table with two familiar faces. She didn't say anything as she took a seat and waited for her assignment so she could get out of here as soon as possible.

The morning sunlight blinded Sam eyes as he wasn't used to coming out in the day time. For him the daytime was for sleeping and the night was for living it up with random people he had just met the day before. Even though he had been to the library hundreds of times by now he still managed to get lost. It didn't help that the alcohol still hadn't worn off from the night before or the joint he had lit up before he left the random couch he had crashed on that night. The world was swaying around him and it was difficult to read the street signs to find out where he was. Sam spent more time than he should have wandering around New York city, bumping into strangers here and there, before finally arriving at the grand library. Surprisingly he didn't get lost in finding the table where everyone was at, but he was a good 20 minutes late.

"hello Boss lady, Pirate dude, and Grumpy," Sam greeted cheerfully as he took a seat next to Kelsie and propped his feet up on the table.

One by one, the group showed up taking their seats at the table. Heleana would scoff at Samuel's comments, "Are you excited for this new person? I recommend you don't get too excited, you're often let down from what I see when you try to pursue women." she laughed quietly. A large book was opened with various of papers that looked like "Wanted" posters in an old western movie, the book was leather and carried the small of age. She grabbed the papers and begun walking around the table giving each Reaper a few. "Busy day today, so you might want to make an excuse for your job if it interferes." Heleana would smack Sam's feet to get them off the table. "Keep it up and I'll be having you scrubs these tables throughout the night."
Standing in front of the table, facing her peers.

"As you all know, there is a new Reaper joining us today. However, unlike my usual routine where I pick them up and drop them off like a mother picking up kids, they are showing up here. But, what you guys don't know is that they are already here." Heleana gives a glance around the library. "As a Reaper, it is common to bump into other Reapers and usually unknowingly. Today, we're going have to have a small test to see how well you can pick out another Reaper." Giving a small open palm pointing out towards the rest of the Library, "I'll let you all play the guessing game. You have an older gentleman in the front reading the paper, a young female on the computer studying anatomy, or a lovely female reading a romance novel. First person to get it right, has to train the newbie and gets to spend the day with me. Observe the people here and give me your answer in ten minutes."

Heleana sat down as she finished speaking and began writing in the log as she could imagine how they're dreading this. It gave her a slight pleasure. Occasionally, she would glance up and look around without trying to give away what she knew. She would give a slight smile as she waited for them.

Soul Lists

• Kelsie Winters
    • Margaret Lyons
      • Location - State Park / Time - Noon
    • Randell Hickman
      • Location - Guada Coffee Shop / Time - 7pm
  • Samuel Barber
    • Kevin Benton
      • Location - McDonalds / Time - 3pm
    • Sophie Gent
      • Location - Apple Inc. Store / Time - 5pm
  • Sam Walker
    • George Newman
      • Location - Interstate 86 / Time - 5:15pm
    • Lena Vionni
      • Location - Hook and Hoofs Alley (bar) / Time - 1:30am

Samuel looks around at the three,

“I want to say that its the one on the computer.”, he looks to the computer person, “They may have misconceptions about what reaping is and wants to do good on the job.”,

his eyes move over to the man, “The guy reading the paper is blending in, it looks like he’s waiting for something, but i dont think that’s us. It’s more likley that he’s just passing the time”

He looks at the person reading the romance novel, “ Also that person looks a little too interested in what they are reading, Im pretty sure they’ve been here for a while and they don't intend on interrupting their session anytime soon.”

At Max's comment Kelsie flipped him off as she hated when Max called her that ridiculous name.

The Last thing Kelsie wanted to do was spend her whole day with Helena and training a newbie. It's not like she disliked Helena, but she would rather spend her days alone and only going out when she had to do her job. Kelsie looked around the room and made her observations quietly unlike Samuel who preferred to share his with the group. After quietly looking at the three she was 90 percent sure she knew who was the newbie and who was not. After all she had been doing this for 90 plus years now and this was not the first little challenge that Helena had them do.

"The old man reading the newspaper," Kelsie answered. She knew it was wrong and and she counted on it being wrong. She hoped this would all be over soon so she could get on with her day.

"Ow!" Max said playfully as Helena smacked his legs as a sign she didn't appreciate them being on the table. She also added a threat of him wiping down all the tables which with his hangover didn't seem appealing in the slightest. After putting his feet on the floor, he kind of checked out which was not new for him as he always had a hard time paying attention even before he was dead.

He was brought out of his thoughts when Helena announced another little challenge of hers and he could swore he could feel the distain that was radiating off of Kelsie. He looked at each of the three people well more like two as he got distracted once more as the girl reading the romance novel was very attractive. He told the group he thought she was the reaper. Max didn't know if he was right or wrong, but he didn't care as his thoughts were full of this woman and and how he was going to flirt with her after the meeting.

Time: 10:00am - 11:00am

With a chuckle, Heleana put down her pen looking up at the group. She paused for a moment looking towards Max, then signaled for somebody to walk over and before she could say anything, the woman that was reading a romance novel stood before them. The woman introduced herself as Maria with a bright smile, almost as if she is oblivious that she was even dead. Annoyed from the upbeat woman, Heleana leaned in on the table. "Yes, this is Maria everyone. A new addition to our "team" as you could say." Since Max was right, that meant he would be spending the day with Heleana and Maria learning the ropes. "Max, you stay here with me. The rest of you now have extra work to pick up what Max isn't doing."

She signaled everyone to be dismissed as she held a conversation with Maria asking what she actually "understood" but as Heleana worried, it was not much. Looking over at Max, "Well, we're going to the State Park to watch Kelsie in action when her time comes. Then later tonight we're going to be playing with Samuel." She laughed.

• Kelsie Winters
    • Margaret Lyons
      • Location - State Park / Time - Noon

• George Newman
      • Location - Interstate 86 / Time - 5:15pm

• Randell Hickman
      • Location - Guada Coffee Shop / Time - 7pm
  • Samuel Barber
    • Kevin Benton
      • Location - McDonalds / Time - 3pm
    • Sophie Gent
      • Location - Apple Inc. Store / Time - 5pm
    • Lena Vionni
      • Location - Hook and Hoofs Alley (bar) / Time - 1:30am

Last edited:
Samuel stands up, "i guess I'm off. its too bad we couldn't spend some time together, but I need to go apply for a few jobs starting today.", he winks at Maria, "I hope to see you again sometime" and walks out of the room and away from the library. he then scraggles up his unshaved stubble and starts walking towards his destination with a goal in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back