• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LGBTQAP+ Summer Camp (Closed)

For the first poll, when would you like these meetings to be held?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
{This version is for if all three of us are indeed going to be the counselors:
Me: Miya, Ash, Mickey, Audrey, and Peggy
Bill: Rachel, Kat, T, Toby
Seraphina: Kai, Tess, Riley, Lou

This version is for if Seraphina is unable to be a counselor, as a just in case:
Me: Miya, Ash, Mickey, Audrey, Peggy, Kai, Tess
Bill: Rachel, Kat, T, Toby, Riley, Lou

Subject to change if someone volunteers}

[ I'm totally happy to volunteer as a counselor ! Should I change my character, or make a new one ? ]
{yay! You don't have to change your character at all, in fact we can even work it out in the RP :) In fact, I'll do that right now}

Lou Leona

He'd bitten the inside of his cheek hopefully when he finished, and braced himself slightly in the hopes she'd reply positively. When she spoke up, even with the awkward laugh he was relieved to find she at least somewhat understood him. Nodding to show he understood, now a bit of a smile crept onto his lips, and Lou allowed it to grow slightly, releasing a bit of his boundaries after seeing her seeming to share his feelings about music. "I can, actually relate to that too. Personally, there's been quite a few songs I've found that have, well, moved me." He said, considering some of his favorite songs he'd been listening to, especially some of the old stuff his father had sort of introduced him to. Not as much old school hip hop, but the kind of genre that came from that, newer combinations of that and his interest in electronic music. "I've had a lot, yeah, but I mean nothing every lasts that long, and really if you think about, that, sort of rule, in terms of things other than music, it's..." All of a sudden Lou realized the subject had shifted slightly, and he lowered his gaze to her face for a moment, before giving a sheepish shrug, running a hand through his curls and glancing elsewhere. "I-it's always, harder, to find that one, perfect.. song."

[ Ah alright ! Then should I shift the age of my character to be maybe 18, just so that it'd make more sense for him to become a counselor to the others ? Is that what you're kind of getting at ? Sorry I'm slightly confused as to how it'd work :ghostr: ]

As she stumbled through the campsite she noticed her first adult sitting on a rock talking to another girl with black hair as short as hers who seemed to be upset about something. She didn't want to interrupt, so she waited until she left to talk to the councillor "Hey, I am VERY late! Um, are you in charge here? My names Peg- sorry, Penelope, I'm trying to figure out what I'm meant to be doing?" She asked the lady Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213

J looked over to Peggy, or rather Penelope as she had called herself, and smiled at the other new camper.
"Naw you're all good, and yes I am in charge here! So far I'm waiting for the other counselor Howey to get back, but it seems like he thought this would be a good time to take an extra long break. Ugh, he thinks that I can take over all of the responsibilities. But anyway, since he hasn't come back yet and it's getting late, I'm going to start everything off now!" J replied, and then stood up and cupped her hands over her mouth so that her voice would carry.
"Hello Camp Pride Campers! Now that I've seen that everyone is here, we're all going to head over to the Main Building. Follow me!" She then started to head for the Main Building, and once she got there she opened all of the doors to allow the campers in. Inside there were a bunch of circular tables surrounded by eight chairs each. There was a cafeteria in the back with a couple of extra doors on the sides to extra kitchens and other rooms. At the other end of the large mess hall was a small stage with a white board on the wall behind it.
As everyone took a seat at the tables, J stood on the stage and was prepared to give her speech and announcements.

[ Ah alright ! Then should I shift the age of my character to be maybe 18, just so that it'd make more sense for him to become a counselor to the others ? Is that what you're kind of getting at ? Sorry I'm slightly confused as to how it'd work :ghostr: ]
{Naw you don't have to change your age, J'll give her announcements and you'll find out how it'll work :) }

{Naw you don't have to change your age, J'll give her announcements and you'll find out how it'll work :) }
[ Haha alright alright perfect, I think I'll wait to post a RP reply to that until the others do, man I'm so glad I got into this RP this isss such a great idea ^_^ ]

[ Haha alright alright perfect, I think I'll wait to post a RP reply to that until the others do, man I'm so glad I got into this RP this isss such a great idea ^_^ ]
{Aww, thank you so much! :D Really means a lot :)}

"Okay campers, welcome all to the Main Building! This is where you'll come to eat your meals, perform some artsy activities, and hold meetings that will happen each week!

Today is your first day here, a safe place for anyone of the LGBT+ community and even allies to have fun and make friends for three weeks! And because it's our first day, it means it will be the day with the most announcements. I know, boring, but needs to be done, and might get you excited for different things you can do.
So the first one is volunteering! You all or mostly in your middle to late teens, and at this point most of you know that you have your own talents and abilities. This is where you can put those talents to work! You can be in charge of different activities at the lake, the rock wall and archery range, and at the arts and crafts shack! You can even become a camp counselor, as long as you go to some meetings and get the neccesary training from moi! So if any of you are interested in teaching and/or being a counselor, please come up and get the required paperwork {for this, please PM me about which area you'd like to teach/if you want to be a counselor. If you can't PM me, let me know in the OOC Chat tab and I'll PM you}.

There are also the meetings I told you about before. These will be little informational meetings to help your cabin mates know more about the community and the people around them. Anyone can volunteer to hold a meeting about anything, but please inform me about what it will be on beforehand, as to not let inappropriate topics be discussed. {let me know through PM or through the OOC chat tab what you guys want to do. I'll hold polls to see what we will do each week (if you don't want it to be each week, let me know that as well) so that we can learn about the things we are interested about and don't already know}

The next announcement is the rules of the camp. These aren't just to make your summer suck, they are here to keep this camp a safe and happy place.
The first and most important one is to keep safe. Make sure to listen to your instructors and use the necessary safety equipment. Yes, even those of you who can swim wonderfully still need to wear a life jacket.
Next is to clean up after yourself. We have the privilege of using this beautiful site in the woods for three weeks, and littering and not cleaning up after yourself will hurt not only you, but others and even the wildlife that come by like the birds and squirells and whatnot.
Then there's the 10:00 PM curfew. We will go to our cabins at 9:00 PM and spend the other hour getting ready for bed and just laying low until the lights go out. We will also be getting up at the wonderful hour of 7:00 in the morning to make sure we have loads of time to have fun here!
And last but not least, be respectful and kind here. This is not only a summer camp, but also a safe space for everyone. A place where it doesn't matter what you are or how you present yourself, as long as you treat others the way you want to be treated and allow yourself and others to enjoy their stay here. So basically, be nice and have fun!

And to end this, we are going to go around and tell everyone our prefered pronouns. Especially since we are going to be talking to one another, and should be respectful of the people here. Don't worry, some of you might forget the exact pronouns, and that's fine. All you need to do is ask again and make sure to put an effort to remembering.
I'll go first. We'll start with our name and then the pronouns. I'm Jolmee, and you can call me either that or J, and I go be she/her."
She then pointed to the person closest to the doors {this is open to anyone who wants to go first}

Lou Leona

So immersed in their increasingly abnormal conversation about 'music' was Lou, that he practically jumped, eyes widening when he heard the counselor's call across the field. He turned to Riley, Toby and Tess with a slight shrug, then jammed his hands into his pockets, bit the inside of his cheek, and begin heading reluctantly down the hill towards the meeting hall. As they walked, he cast a side glance towards Riley, staying quiet after their exchange and because he knew now they had to focus on camp instead of socializing. It was slightly odd, the turn that had taken, odd in how.. smooth, it was. He found himself to almost be winded, in a bit of shock at what had just happened; it was very rare Lou was able to cleverly speak to others, typically if he spoke at all, it was never clever or metaphorical, and he particularly didn't see himself as much of a flirt. He was far too shy to become anything like that, wasn't he?
Shaking his head slightly, he let out a small breath as he entered the building, and took stock of the interior as your stereotypical meeting cabin for outdoor camps. Somehow he really did sort of recognize it, despite never really having gone to anything like this, it had that homely camp feel, maybe from some of the old movies he'd watched with his father. Settling awkwardly into a chair at one of the tables, he turned to watch J as she spoke, interest piquing when she mentioned volunteer work and deciding immediately that he wanted to become a counselor. The opportunity to make some damaged LGBTQ+ kids more comfortable in a place like this? Already he was having one of his best days in months, the past year maybe, if he could give that to others, well that'd of course be an ideal job. After he listened through the rest of her announcements, nothing really new coming out other than the lack of a rule about relationships, and when it came to introductions he held his breath, tensing with nerves. There was nothing good about being the first too speak, other than to break the ice and clear up confusion about his pronouns... which actually wasn't a bad idea. "Er, hi, I-... I'm Lou, he/him, pronouns.. please.." He said, voice getting quieter as he spoke, until he sunk into his seat and began regretting his decision to go first.

Tagged ;; Everyone ( I have to go for the day, I may be able to reply on my phone sometimes but probably not till i get home, sorry ! )

Lou Leona

So immersed in their increasingly abnormal conversation about 'music' was Lou, that he practically jumped, eyes widening when he heard the counselor's call across the field. He turned to Riley, Toby and Tess with a slight shrug, then jammed his hands into his pockets, bit the inside of his cheek, and begin heading reluctantly down the hill towards the meeting hall. As they walked, he cast a side glance towards Riley, staying quiet after their exchange and because he knew now they had to focus on camp instead of socializing. It was slightly odd, the turn that had taken, odd in how.. smooth, it was. He found himself to almost be winded, in a bit of shock at what had just happened; it was very rare Lou was able to cleverly speak to others, typically if he spoke at all, it was never clever or metaphorical, and he particularly didn't see himself as much of a flirt. He was far too shy to become anything like that, wasn't he?
Shaking his head slightly, he let out a small breath as he entered the building, and took stock of the interior as your stereotypical meeting cabin for outdoor camps. Somehow he really did sort of recognize it, despite never really having gone to anything like this, it had that homely camp feel, maybe from some of the old movies he'd watched with his father. Settling awkwardly into a chair at one of the tables, he turned to watch J as she spoke, interest piquing when she mentioned volunteer work and deciding immediately that he wanted to become a counselor. The opportunity to make some damaged LGBTQ+ kids more comfortable in a place like this? Already he was having one of his best days in months, the past year maybe, if he could give that to others, well that'd of course be an ideal job. After he listened through the rest of her announcements, nothing really new coming out other than the lack of a rule about relationships, and when it came to introductions he held his breath, tensing with nerves. There was nothing good about being the first too speak, other than to break the ice and clear up confusion about his pronouns... which actually wasn't a bad idea. "Er, hi, I-... I'm Lou, he/him, pronouns.. please.." He said, voice getting quieter as he spoke, until he sunk into his seat and began regretting his decision to go first.

Tagged ;; Everyone ( I have to go for the day, I may be able to reply on my phone sometimes but probably not till i get home, sorry ! )
{that's a-okay! And oh crap, now that you said that I realized I forgot that rule! I'll add to the rules, thanks for the reminder!}

J, as she was preparing to hear the other kid's pronouns, instantly piped up from something she forgot.
"Oh crap, one more thing, sorry I forgot! The rule about relationships. You can date, but no sex, and no making something a scene from a romance movie with kissing and whatnot. Hehe, sorry I bet that sounds weird, but it's just for both the safety and the comfort of the other campers. Anyway, you can continue with the pronouns, thanks for listening about that last rule."

{that's a-okay! And oh crap, now that you said that I realized I forgot that rule! I'll add to the rules, thanks for the reminder!}

J, as she was preparing to hear the other kid's pronouns, instantly piped up from something she forgot.
"Oh crap, one more thing, sorry I forgot! The rule about relationships. You can date, but no sex, and no making something a scene from a romance movie with kissing and whatnot. Hehe, sorry I bet that sounds weird, but it's just for both the safety and the comfort of the other campers. Anyway, you can continue with the pronouns, thanks for listening about that last rule."

[ Haha bummer, was hoping that'd slip under your nose ;) glad you remembered though, and I'm back early for the evening! ]

(I hath returned! Huzzah.)

Tess had gone quiet for a few minutes after Toby's return. The trees in the distance suddenly seemed super interesting as her eyes locked on the and she went off into her own little world. Even if Tess was a loud mouth she did have times where she went completely out of it, wandering off into her thoughts. The sound of a couselor pulled her put of her reverie and she followed the rest of the group down the hill.

She listened to the couselor who she now knew as J, speak about rules and the like. Rules. Bleh. Tess had a feeling she'd end up... bending some of these rules. Don't get her wrong, she wasn't a bad kid, just had an intense dislike for authority and people telling her what to do. A trait that got her in a lot of trouble.

Tess shoved her hands in her pockets as Lou introduced hinself to tge others quietly. It had surprised her that'd he'd gone first, judging from earlier he didn't seem the type. It was a good sort of surprising though. Tess jumped on the oppurtunity to introduce herself as soon as Lou finished.

"The name's Tess, and she/her pronouns work for me." With that her thousand watt smile once again encompased her face, an expression that screamed confidence.

Toby played with his sweater sleeve quietly. He listened carefully as J told everyone the rules and as Tess and Lou introduced themselves. He bit the inside of his cheek anxiously. Nothing about this was going to be fun for Toby. Not speaking out loud to people he had never spoken to before. As he mentioned before, he was not particularly skilled in talking to more than one stranger at a time.

mentioned: Jun1p Jun1p , KingofAesir KingofAesir & Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213

Last edited:
66c37493670a012969459c14ee93d8f0.jpg
RILEY HARPER
Riley nodded thoughtfully, tugging at a long strand of hair behind her ear. She was about to respond to Lou, happy to be able to open up to someone regardless of the fact that it was indirect, when she heard J's loud voice call the campers. Luckily, she hadn't reacted to the sound, but her heart rate had definitely sped up. Cracking her knuckles, she followed after Lou and the remaining campers at a slower pace. What an odd yet engaging conversation that had been.

Entering the main building, Riley's eyes rapidly darted around the room to take in her surroundings. It was plain and there was nothing out of the ordinary, but she had never had an experience involving such a place before. So far, camp was turning out to be great for her. She listened as Lou and Tess clarified their pronouns. She herself decided to do the same. "Hi, I'm Riley," she said, speaking up a bit so that everyone in the room could hear her. "She/her pronouns... um, for me. Thanks." Her face pinked slightly with embarrassment. Why did she have to make everything so awkward?

Interacting with: Everyone

Toby let out a breath. He cleared his throat, then spoke up.
"hi uh. Im T-Tobias, T-Toby for short. I go b-by he/him. T-thanks." He said, mumbling the thanks, but overall, he was proud for keeping his voice loud enough to be audible. His hands were shaking slightly, and he didn't dare to look up from his hands.

(( didn't exactly mention anyone, but as you know, I was speaking to everyone : - ) ))

Lou Leona

Turning once Tess went, he gave a slight nod, already sort of expecting her to come next seeing as she'd definitely been the most outspoken of the campers he'd met so far. He was somewhat pleasantly surprised however when Riley came next, perhaps she was thinking along his lines, of getting over it. Regardless, even though they'd started to get into what might be a real sort of conversation, she had still been rather shy and anxious earlier, getting shaky when all the people arrived. He certainly knew he was proud of himself. With a twitch of a smile, Lou noted that already, day 1, there seemed to be growing opportunities sprouting up for them all. This was made even more clear when a particularly soft voice stuttered up, the only one he had met, possibly ever who seemed to have anxiety as bad as himself, and what was worse was that for Toby it could tell. As soon as he finished speaking, Lou gave the boy's foot a soft tap beneath the table, and attempted to lift a corner of his mouth in an encouraging smile before he turned to focus on J and the other campers again. He was determined to be more of a helper than a pity party in this place, he didn't need the drama of his home life, he'd left that behind, now there were other kids who could use his help.

Tagged ;; Everett__ Everett__ , everyone

Toby smiled at Lou, only for a moment, before he returned to looking at his hands. Toby was really proud of himself, it took a lot for him to speak out, and he felt like he was gonna cry, even though it was over. Either way, he was still proud, and he was not going to cry in front of everyone.

Mentioned: Jun1p Jun1p

Before Audrey responded, the counselor was suddenly back. They’d like to say it was annoying, but really, all it meant was instead of having whatever this conversation was, they’d be doing something relevant to their camping experience.

They began to follow J, throwing a, “We can wrap this up later?” over their shoulder to Audrey.

Upon entering the room and seeing the available seating, T decided to sit at one of the more crowded tables, versus being a sad loner baby who sat by themself all the time. They watched J climb up onto the stage, giving a distracted “Hello” and wave in greeting to the others at the table.

As J began to speak, they completely ignored the others, however, wanting to actually, y’know, pay attention. Some of the things she was discussing were actually pretty interesting, like the meetings and counselor opportunities, both of which made them excited. However, then she mentioned rules, and they found themself stiffening. Just how restricting would these rules feel to follow???

...For some reason, they had been expecting a lot worse than this. Like, rules bad enough they’d wish they’d never come to this camp worse. However, they weren’t. In fact, they seemed like pretty standard, understandable rules. They nodded along to the rules before J pointed at a camper and they were all giving their pronouns. T felt uncharacteristically nervous once everyone else began to speak. Was… was anyone else here nonbinary? Did they all use one set of pronouns?

Of course, when it was their turn to speak, they shoved it down, much like they shoved everything down, and smiled, oozing confidence. They were not gonna freak out like poor Toby who uses he/him pronouns.

“Hi, I’m T, I use she/her and they/them pronouns, but if you have problems alternating between pronouns please just use they/them.”

T That_Irish_Person , Everyone

((A short apology to multiple parties: I am so sorry, I... missed this? Somehow?? I had not realized there were any replies at all yesterday OTL. Secondly: I would like to apologize to Toby for getting called out. This isn't me trying to attack a character (he has issues, I got issues, I get it), it is simply T deciding to demonstrate in front of everyone that they're kind of awful))

{Update! Based on the poll, it has been unanimously decided that we will hold meetings every week. On that note, to help with getting meetings started, I'll hold the first one, and then after that I will hold a poll every week with other people's meeting ideas to see what everyone wants to learn about (you don't have to be a counselor or mentor or whatnot to hold a meeting!) This week, the meeting will be held tomorrow on a separate thread page (I'll make a link to it today) and it will be about the importance of safe spaces for LGBT+ members and members of other people groups}

@Aaliyah Veda G GreekgeekJR ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Static Swarm Static Swarm mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties @Million T That_Irish_Person Everett__ Everett__ MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx KingofAesir KingofAesir Fazy Fazy Illusive Illusive Jun1p Jun1p billthesomething billthesomething S seraphina.16

That should be everyone. Let me know if I missed someone!

KJ heard the counsellor call everyone over and he followed. He listened somewhat to what was said. When it was his turn to introduce himself he got a little muddled with his words. He spoke, "I'm Kai, I mean, I'm KJ. I'm an androsexual non-binary. I use he/him and they/them pronouns. Um. Yeah. That's everything." He cringed at what he said. God, not talking with people to begin with didn't help him. He should have also thought about what he was going to say before he said it. He was so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back