• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LGBTQAP+ Summer Camp (Closed)

For the first poll, when would you like these meetings to be held?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TESS REED
"Dirt. Dirt is my life. Dirt and old stuff."

Perhaps there had been a time in her life where she would've enjoyed sitting here and listening to her father talk, but unfortunately this was not that time. If the sat here in this convenience store any longer she would be super late. Not that she was worried or anything, Tess was always late to everything so she was used to it. It would just suck to miss out on anything.

"Dad." Her father either didn't hear her or was actively ignoring her as he was still immersed in conversation with the cashier, "Dad." Tess tapped his shoulder, he shrugged her off, pushing his glasses up the ridge of his nose. Okay, so now she was annoyed. "Father, we are going to be late." Tess tugged on his jacket this time and that seemed to get his attention. A tanned arm lifted and he looked down at the watch around his wrist, his brown eyes widened at the time.

"Oh, dear. I'm sorry, pal." David Reed turned his sandy blonde head back to the cashier and wrapped up their conversation much to Tess's relief. David turned back to his daughter and smiled at her as they began to walk out to their idling pick-up. A brunette haired woman almost identical to Tess, save for her green eyes, sat in the passenger seat busying herself with some trinket or another. This would be Farrah Reed, Tess's mother and due to constant moving, her best friend. It was only as she climbed into the backseat of the pick-up and glanced at the illuminated numbers on the dash that she realised just how long her father had been talking. Only her father could talk to a convenience store cashier for an hour. An hour. Tess sighed as she sunk down in her seat.

"Took you two long enough." Farrah observed as she tore into her Skittles package. Tess rolled her eyes and pointed at her fatger with a scowl.

"Dad talked to the fifteen year-old cashier forever." Tess growled. David held one hand up in defense as they pulled away from the store.

"Hey, he was interested in my arrow heads." David flicked the string of arrow heads that hung around his neck, the product of one of his first digs. Tess grumbled something along the lines of, "doesn't mean you had to tell him your life story" but no one seemed to have heard her.

The camp came into view not but thirty minutes later and Tess was attempting to throw herself out of the truck before it even came to a complete stop. Her father yelled and her mother clicked her tongue ad she flew out of the vehicle, duffel bag around her shoulder. Tennis shoed feet hit the dirt and she breathed in a sigh of relief, finally a break from digging up old stuff. Tess smoothed out her tanktop and turned to tell her parents goodbye.

"Dig up something cool while you're here, pal." Her father joked, one arm hanging out of the pick-ups window. The look Tess gave him had him reeling to explain himself, "Jeez, just joking. Have fun, though." Tess nodded, smiling.

"Don't break anything trying to climb stuff. And... try to be a kid." Her mother shouted, waving as Tess walked off. With her parents behind her and this whole new adventure ahead she took off in a sprint, trying to find any sign of other campers when she turned she corner blindly and ran straight into a group of people.

"Woah, hey. Sorry. Didn't see y'all there." A distinctly Greek accent floated past her lips as she spoke. "Um, I'm Tess. Sorry I'm late, my dad has a habit of talking too much. I mean, I tried to get him to get a move on but the was to interested in telling some kid about his arrow.... and now I'm talking too much." Tess shut herself up and breathed a short laugh, rubbing the back of her neck and muttering apologize under her breath subconsciously. "Sorry."

She sighed a little giving a weak smile, she wanted to tell her but she didn't know if she could trust her yet or not, last time she trusted someone.... Well, it didn't go too well let's just say that. She was amazing, she was the Juliet to my Romeo, she was the peanut butter to my jelly, she was my everything, my heart, soul, and mind... She laughed a little at her thoughts, "She was the best person in the world to me... But things like that don't last and it's sad and heart breaking." Her smile disappearing as she lifted her head to look at the water again.

Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213
J hummed.
"You see the water, right? And you know that, even if you throw something on the other side of this lake, and think you lost it, that it doesn't stay lost. It can be found in many ways. It can come back to you along the waves and ripples, or you can go back and get it, or someone can even find it for you and return it. Especially if it's something important.

But anyway, point being, love is something you can't lose forever. It can come back to you in all different forms. I don't know what happened to the person you are talking about, but no matter what did, she'd still want you to know that. That if you find someone else, you won't be replacing her, or trying to forget her, or anything like that. You're just adding a chapter to your book. A note to your music. Another drop of paint to your already beautiful masterpiece. Or, at least, that's the way I see it," J stood up from the rock

"Sorry, I rambled didn't I? Heh, I tend to do that. Anyway, 'cause of camp duties, and my lack of trust in teenagers that aren't supervised for a little while, I gotta get back to them. If you stay here, which is fine, just make sure not to take a dip or anything, okay?"

66c37493670a012969459c14ee93d8f0.jpg
RILEY HARPER
"Hey, Tiff, could you be any slower? I'm literally gonna be the last one there if you keep driving like this," Riley sighed, shaking her head. Tiffany mumbled something inaudible though offensive under her breath, taking a sharp turn. Though Riley didn't live as far from the camp as most people, she was still at a considerable distance, and with her sister driving, it was evident that she was going to be late. Ten minutes later, the pair pulled up to the camp entrance. After exchanging goodbyes, Riley grabbed her bags and headed towards the group. She was in a decent mood, and she was hoping it would stay that way during camp.

She noticed that she wasn't the only latecomer in the group; another person was also introducing themselves. Their name was Tess. It seemed that everyone was busy doing their own sort of thing, so she just sort of watched, surveying the camp. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

KJ Clarke

KJ was shy to say the least. Being in front of so many new people wasn't something he was used to and he didn't really know what to say. He just stood there with his bags and guitar. He wasn't talking with anyone and just seemed to be awkward. Sure, he was but he didn't want anyone else thinking that. He didn't want to be judged for not knowing what to say or do.
Open

T noticed how tense this kid was, and their smile softened as they watched his hands play with a loose thread in his sweater. Their hands gripped the straps of their bag tightly as they rocked back on their feet, reminded of one of their siblings back home.

"I mean, we could probably check out some other stuff on the way, or wait for the rest of our cabin," they said softly, doing their best to be gentle, even if their best was still about as gentle as a hammer. And then Toby was, and despite the laughter being an obvious sign Toby was losing it and T was failing in her goal of being a nice, calming presence for once, T couldn't help but start laughing with him. Something about laughter was just... infectious. Even the insane kind. Eventually he stopped, apologizing.

Before the words even finished coming out of his mouth T was shaking her head. "Don't sweat it. I've dealt with a lot worse than that." She decided not to elaborate on that, partially because heavy stuff wasn't good for people you just met and partially because there were new people to meet, and mostly because why go into something heavy like that when instead they could meet more people? Especially when one of these new people was speaking and sounded interesting, from the words leaving her mouth to the voice carrying it.

They turned to Tess, ignoring the other two as they focused on her intently. With only a bright smile as any kind of greeting, they started, "No, no need to be sorry. I'm actually interested- you said something about an arrow?"

Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir

Toby sighed, looking around, there were more people. His laughter was replaced with silence. He was now quietly playing with his sweater sleeve. He continuously looked around at all of the other people. Why was he so scared?
"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay." he mumbled to himself, attempting to calm himself. Maybe If he moved to a more secluded and quiet place, he would calm down. So that is what he did. He walked off to try and find a quiet place, which could have been a HUGE mistake.

Toby eventually found himself sitting on the ground, a little ways away from the rest of the people. It was quiet, and he had a nice view of the lake. He liked this spot, and it calmed him down a lot. He felt kinda bad, just leaving. He hoped he didn't hurt T's feelings. He would be really sad if he did that. Either way, he decided to stay a bit longer. Just a bit.

TESS REED
"Archaeologists will date any old thing."

Tess smiled at the stranger who had began speaking to her. The girl had a fondness for conversation, probably a trait aquired from her father, she could talk all day about any topic that interested her. Tess resolved right the and there that she was not going to talk this new persons head of about her fathers stupid arrow heads.

"Heads. Arrow heads. My dad has this necklace with like twenty of them." Tess laughed, pulling at the leather around her own neck. "He's made me one, but I didn't like the way it felt. I just wear this now." She said, pulling on the leather again and procuring a single arrow head from under her shirt. A small hole drilled in the top to loop the leather band through it.

"May parents are nerds."

Tags
T; mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

RILEY HARPER
Riley found that she was getting unnoticed. Perhaps it was because she hadn't spoken up; no, that was definitely the case. Sighing, she thought that it would be better to get herself acquainted with someone. It was better than being a complete loner. She started to walk around the grounds, straying from the group when she spotted a guy sitting by himself - or, themselves. Riley needed to remind herself not to make assumptions; she could end up hurting someone without meaning to. She settled on the ground beside them. "Hi," she started. "Um, I'm Riley Harper."

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ (Toby)

Toby jumped slightly, looking at the person who was now talking to him. He played with his sweater sleeve again and licked his lips.
"hi- uhm.. I'm T-Toby." He said, smiling slightly. He was excited,but terrified. He was making a friend, well- possibly.

Fazy Fazy

RILEY HARPER
"Cool, Toby - um, your name's really nice," Riley replied, awkwardly. She bit her lower lip. God, she was just so bad at introductions. She exhaled, trying to calm herself down. "So... what brings you to the camp?" she asked, casually. As she waited for their response, she took in some of their details. She thought his hair was kind of nice. If she kept at it, she just might be able to make a new friend. Riley tapped her nails on the pavement, thoughtfully.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__

Toby smiled. "My mom sent me here after I came out. Well, after I got beat up, then she sent me here. It's a long- complicated story." He said, looking at the lake. "Oh, and uh- I like your name too." He said, looking at Riley and smiling. He could feel himself beginning to blush. He blushed a the most random times. he could blush if anyone asked him what his favorite candy was.

Fazy Fazy

RILEY HARPER
"Thanks," she said, referencing the compliment to her name. Her eyebrows rose at the idea of being beaten up. She'd endured some physical bullying, but none as severe as being beaten up. The worst she'd gotten was a black eye and a broken pinky. "Um- okay, so, if you want to talk about it, I have all the time in the world."

RILEY HARPER
"Yeah, no, go right ahead. I don't have anything better to be doing, honestly. And... I really think you're kind of, you know, okay, so I want to be your friend," she admitted, openly. It was okay to be vulnerable around Toby. At least, she hoped so. He didn't seem like the type of person to be mean or rude.

/justify]

Toby smiled. "Cool, I need friends anyway." He said.

"okay, so uh, when I was 16, I found this- like group of people, and I didn't have any friends, so, I attempted to befriend them." He started, licking his lips.

"And after we became friends, they started to do, stuff. Like, bad stuff." He sighed, continuing.

"I agreed to play truth or dare, and the dared me to get a tattoo. So I did. And that was only the beginning. We drank, and they did a whole bunch of illegal crap. I almost was sent to jail for vandalism, but, one day, they decided to play 'spin the bottle' and yeah. I kissed someone and I was scared because it was a guy and I was slightly attracted to him, but I was too scared to say anything." He said.
"So when I turned seventeen, I came out to my mom, after doing a whole bunch of research, and she was super supportive. My dad was too, but he didn't really care much. And she encouraged me to tell my 'friends'. And me being, well- me, I did. I told them, and they called me names and then then beat me up. Like, bad. I had to go to the hospital for a week. After my recovery, my mom decided that I should make new friends, people 'like me'." He said chuckling. "And so I was sent here, but I was excited. And now i have a new friend. My mom would be praising me right now." He said, laughing.

"so how about you, What brings you here?" He asked.

Fazy Fazy

RILEY HARPER
"Holy shit, you have horrible friends," Riley murmured. "Or, used to, right?" she said, reassuringly. "I'm... a good friend, I think." She cleared her throat, swallowing. Deciding it would be best to not introduce herself as a depressed workaholic, she chose to play it safe. "I'm pansexual and kind of introverted, so my mom thought it would be nice for me to socialize with people who would get me." She paused for another moment, to take a breather. "So, just to be clear, are you gay?" she asked, casually. She just wanted to know so that she didn't mess things up for later on in their friendship.

Toby laughed. "yes, I am very gay." He sighed. "And no, those people are no longer my friends. After what happened, my anxiety got A LOT worse. And now I have a hard time making friends." He said. He was really happy he had someone to talk to now. Making friends was always difficult for Toby.

Fazy Fazy

RILEY HARPER
"You really don't seem like the type of person to have trouble making friends. You're a natural!" Riley laughed, squeezing his hand. Finally, someone who she could be comfortable around. For now, at least. She trusted him. "What else should I know? Well, okay. Let's see. How old are you now?"

T nodded along to her explanation, eyebrows shooting up. She looked at Tess's necklace, eyes widening. "That's sooo coooool. Where did your dad get them? Is he an archaeologist or something??"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Toby looked into the lake, deep in thought. Him having told Riley about his past really made him feel closer to her as a person. He was really happy to finally have someone he could call a friend here.

Fazy Fazy

TESS REED
"No, I do not wear togas."

Tess let the necklace fall back to her chest and shoved her hands in the pockets of her shorts with a grin. It seemed this person didn't mind the talking, which was a relief for Tess because she liked to talk. A lot.

"The majority of then are from Russia I think. Some are from America. I think this one is Siberian." Tess shrugged. She couldn't remember exactly where they were from it had been such a long time ago. Tess shook her head and tuned back in to the person in front of her, something about archaeologists.

"Yea, both of my parents are. We travel a lot, we're in Greece right now. Been there for three years, longest of anywhere." Tess laughed and pulled a hand out of her pocket to tap her cheeck, "That is why my accent is kinda lilted, there's some French in there too. Say, what's your name?"

Tags
T; mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

It was a long ass drive but Peggy loved long drives in her step-fathers truck. She wanted to learn how to drive it really badly but she'd only just started in her mums car and that was already difficult. Her fathers seats were extremely comfortable so quite a few times she'd nodded off but now that she was about 10 minutes away from the new camp she was very awake and sitting upright in her seat. She was extremely excited and also a tad nervous. People hadn't been so nice at her old school. There was a bruise on her left cheek to prove it. Peggy hated fighting but they had pushed and pushed and pushed and she'd just hit a breaking point. It was good that she didn't have to go to school today. Her father had driven all the way from New York to get her here, which was incredible of him. Peggy never wondered where her real father was, she had decided she didn't want to know, since he didn't want to know her. She wasn't angry about it, she barely thought about it. Only when she felt really low did she ever dwell on the niggling curiosity.

They had arrived a few hours late due to a big truck accident they'd encountered on the road and having to go a longer way to get around it. The driver had been okay, but his truck had ripped the road apart, making it unpassable. But finally, Peggy arrived. She dressed simply, nothing flash, just a faded blue tee shirt and a pair of long blue jeans with the knees torn out of them. Her hair was cut to her scalp and she wore no makeup. She jumped out of the truck as her step-dad parked and so did he. He brought Peggy into a hug and said "You want me to walk you in?" Peggy pulled away and shook her head "I got this!" He smiled, nodding, and the two of them said their goodbyes and Peggy was sent on her way.

Lots of people were milling around, chatting too each other and the like. Peggy was a little unsure where to begin, but she knew she should probably find an adult and let them know she was (Finally) here. She walked slowly looking at all the buildings trying to find someone or someplace that seemed official.

RILEY HARPER
"Oh, that's nice. I'm 18, too. Turned recently, actually, in, uh, June," she responded. Riley followed his gaze, watching the blue waters. He made her feel better about joining the camp. Maybe her mother was right. Socializing wasn't as bad as it had seemed before. Then again, this was one person. She exhaled, enjoying the cool breeze that swept her hair back over her shoulders. One step at a time. One friend at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back