• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Let's Travel

"C'mon guys it's not my fault I had to take my drivers test seven times!" Ian said mock defensively. Dwyer looked at him. "Yes it is. You suck at driving, that's all there is to it." Ian gave a fake shocked look and an dramatic gasp. "What? No! How could you say something like that? I'm hurt. And you..." Ian turned to Jasil. "I thought I could count on you to back me up! Who's side are you on?" Ian finished his dramatic but totally not serious rant as Faye approached. Dwyer gave her a nod. "Good to see you Faye. It's Ian that no one knows what to do with." "I resent that!" Ian chimed in. Soon Paige showed up. "Hey Paige" Ian waved. Finally Carter showed up quietly. Dwyer decided to not say anything. He always felt like he might sometimes scare him because of his size but he cared for the kid so he gave a small wave. Ian however was not so subtle. He threw his arm around his shoulder and smiled. "You excited man? This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime!" he said spreading his hand out and upwards as if he was reading from a billboard. @Skylark @Jasil @Ldybug123 @AmRosey @TheLovelyDead

Jasil rolled her eyes at Ian "I'm only on your side when my life isn't in danger. Your driving is like riding a bull." She smiled and went and leaned against the van.

Letting a grin slide onto her lips, Paige crossed her arms over her chest, her suitcase standing upright. "Christ, Ian... Now I just feel sorry for your poor driving instructors." The girl said before tucking a loose curl from behind her ear.

@Everyone

"Here Paige, let me help you." Jasil popped the trunk again to put Paige's things inside

"Thanks, Jasil." Paige smiled to the girl before walking over to the open trunk. Her suitcase bumping ragidly as she rolled it alongside her steps. She lugged the case into the trunk with the help of her friend, her fingers grasping onto the handle and the bottom of her possession. "So who's going to drive then?" She asked, her eyes furrowed while her eyes wandered to the everyone else's.

"I feel like I'm being ganged up on here!" Ian said with a laugh. Although he may say he doesn't like being the center of attention he really does, and not because he has an ego, he just likes entertaining people. Which, in his eyes, can only be done from the center of attention. Dwyer was busy loading his and Ian's things into the car. "I don't mind driving first, if that's ok with everyone. I'll need a co-pilot though." Ian's eyes lit up and Dwyer immediately sensed what he was about to say. "Preferably not Ian." he said before Ian could even open his mouth. Ian shrugged and carefully put his guitar in the car.

Jasil tapped the side of the van "I'll ride up front with you for a while Dwyer, bondin time!" She laughed and poked Dwyer in the back "Maybe some of my insanityll rub off on ya!"

Dwyer smiled. "Oh yeah insanity. That's what I need; to be discharged before I even enlist. Hopefully some of my sanity will rub off on you." Although he spoke in a serious tone his smile gave away he was joking. That was the one sure way to tell if he was serious or not, his smile. He didn't smile very frequently, and when he did you knew he was having a really good time or joking. Dwyer rolled his shirt sleeves up past his shoulders to allow his biceps some room. While he wasn't ripped it could be easy to guess he was going into the military. Ian whistled. "You know if I was gay..." he trailed off cracking a joking smile. "Why did you and your girlfriend split?" Dwyer looked at him blankly and Ian soon realized his folly. Dwyer had only told Ian about his break-up, none of the others knew, and would probably come as a surprise to them. Dwyer looked away and busied himself with luggage, remaining silent.

Jasil shook her head and mumbled to herself "No way I'm lettin you tame me. Sanity is boring." Then she heard that Dwyer broke up with his girlfriend. She stopped smiling. Dwyer wasn't the touchy, need to be comforted type. She didn't say anything

Faye Godrick

A smile tugged at the sides of her mouth just watching her friends chat. For some reason it was calming to the blonde. Faye laughed at Dwyer's comments towards Ian, but simply watched as the crew chatted amongst themselves about who was going to drive. "I feel like I'm being ganged up on here!" Faye shook her head at Ian's comment, "Nah, you weirdo. It's tough love." she said. Putting her hands in her short's pockets, the girl zoned out as more of her friends started rolling up. Paige and Carter seemed to show up just in time, too. However, a quick comment of an ex-girlfriend was thrown out into the circle, and it seemed like the whole group went silent. Dang, Faye thought, biting her lower lip in response to the awkward silence. She noticed Dwyer went off to preoccupy himself with luggage, and it only seemed fitting for Faye to figure out a way to lighten the mood. Faye got herself a little closer to Dwyer's general direction before saying anything, "I know you've got that Captain America stoic attitude to 'ya, but don't let comments like that get to you. With those muscles I'm sure any chick will buckle at the knees," the blonde laughed as she said her last comment. "Besides, beaches mean babes in bikinis, so you'll have plenty of picking to do," Faye added. Sure, her words weren't exactly inspirational, but break ups always made people feel like crap, and for Faye, her only way of cheering others up was through sarcasm, innuendoes, or jokes; she's never been the "pour your heart out" kind of girl.

@PenguinFox @AmRosey @Ldybug123

Dwyer turned to Faye when she got closer to him. He ran a hand through his hair as she spoke. "Thanks Faye I appreciate the words, but I'm alright really. That and, well you know me, I'm not really the kind of guy to go chasing after every girl that gives me the time of day." he gave a pointed look to Ian. "Unlike some people." Ian shrugged and smiled. "Guilty as charged, but hey, what're you gonna do?" Dwyer smiled. "I've got you guys. I'll be okay." Dwyer walked a good distance away from the group out of politeness from them and pulled out a cigarette from his back pocket. He lit it and took a long drag before looking at it and shaking his head at himself. He didn't like the fact that he smoked but he did. He'd recently been trying to quit but as yet made no progress. Ian went to the van pulled out his guitar and sat down on the ground, leaning against the van. He began to tune it. "Who else we waiting for?" he said slightly absent-mindedly. @TheLovelyDead @Jasil @Skylark @Ldybug123 @AmRosey

Sky was looking at her phone then she saw dwanye pull out a cigarette Sky got this cringe feeling she hated smoking drinking drugs anything that's bad for you body Sky walked over and took it out of his mouth "nope your not going to smoke" she said. She was a little nervous for his response sometimes people can get mad when you take a cigearet or their drink away but Sky couldn't take the thought of it so she took it. @PenguinFox @Ldybug123 @AmRosey @TheLovelyDead @Jasil

Jasil looked at Sky. She waited for Dwyers reaction nervously. She knew he wouldn't be irrational, but still. She glanced at the others, the silence uncomfortable

When Sky walked over to where Dwyer was Ian turned to the rest of the group and in a whisper said. "20 bucks says they hook up by the end of the trip. Calling it right now." he motioned to the two and a smirk drew across his face daring someone to challenge him.

Dwyer calmly stood up, kind of towering over Sky, and looked her directly in the eyes. He had a very serious face, as usual, and was probably pretty intimidating to those who didn't know him. He casually grabbed the cigarette back from her, but instead of going back to it he dropped it on the ground and crushed it out under his boot. He gave her a half smile. "Thanks." @Jasil @Skylark @TheLovelyDead @Ldybug123 @AmRosey

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasil smiled, glad that Ian could help make it less serious. "I'll take that bet." She whispered and giggled. She shook his hand, pretending to close the deal.

When he stood up and grabbed it Sky was a little nervous but she stayed calm. Once he crushed it Sky smiled "you know I'm not going to let you smoke this whole trip" she said. "May I please have the box of cigarettes" she asked as she held out her hand @PenguinFox @Jasil

Ian grinned widely. "Oh it is so on! I hope you're ready to lose." He cracked his knuckles, for no apparent reason other than he is dramatic. Dwyer looked down at Sky. "I appreciate you thinking about my well-being, but I can handle myself, I'm an adult. You don't to play nurse." he patted his back pocket. "Plus that was my last one." He knew she probably wouldn't let it go though so he pulled out the empty pack and placed it in her hand. "See?" Dwyer smiled lightly and gestured for them to go back to the group. As they were walking back he turned his head to her. "You know Emma did the same thing to me many times." Dwyer's mind drifted to his ex but he pushed the thoughts away. She was gone and he was ready to move one and have a good time. Ian watched as the two walked over. He leaned close to Jasil and whispered. "They're practically making out already. Better keep a 20 on you." he smirked @Skylark @Jasil

She elbowed him in the ribs "No, he just brought up Emma. There is no way they'll kiss right now. And I'm only paying if they kiss this week, which I highly doubt

Sky smiled when she saw it was empty she then walked back over to the group she smiled at everyone. Sky just stood there awkwardly and looked at her phone she then thought about texting Ryan so she texted him real quickly cause she knew he was a slacker.

Ryan
them
Almost here?

@everyone

Faye Godrick

Faye shook her head after Ian proposed his little bet. "Might as well give the money up now, Jasil." the blonde said, "I haven't seen Dwyer let go that easy before." she added, raising an eyebrow at the two's interaction. At least it'll ensure an exciting road trip, Faye thought. The girl looked around at the group and pondered. Who's missing? the thought was put on repeat through her mind. "Oh," she huffed, "Ryan's being a slacker." the blonde looked around as she spoke, but there was no sign of the eighth amigo. {Just in case they didn't realize.}{As much as getting the party started sounds nice, it would be hard to catch up by then for youngin, so, personally, I think maybe we should wait a bit longer.}

@PenguinFox @Jasil @youngin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back