Experiences Let's spread some Roleplay positivity!

Wyldflowers

—in bloom.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
wake up, babe. antithesis to the Roleplay pet peeve thread just dropped. venting is awesome n' all, but what about the opposite of it? let's gush a little! tell me about some amazing Roleplay partners you have or had, some stories that you've written or are so excited to start writing, some memorable scenes you've written or experiences you've had, and so on! feel free to tag some of your Roleplay buddies in appreciation too! spreading a lil positivity has never hurt anyone before (i hope)! ☀️

so, then, RPNation, what are some positive things you wanna share about Roleplay today?

Epic RP partner of 8 years :D My best friend. We've literally grown up together! Wild.

At the end of last year we finished a RP for the very first time, titled Pursuit of Azrael. The absolute BEST.

Finally got to the BBEG in my 3-ish year DND campaign, me and my party beat them! We also plan on making another campaign where I DM/GM for the first time!

My one and only RP here, which I GM and is the first Forum RP I've engaged in in years, is a year and three months old! The OOC thread is over 500+ pages! I'm so happy and grateful for my dedicated group of players! 💕

I like reading all the different roleplays on RPnation. No one plays in mine but I like reading other people great storylines. I really love the surprise plot twists you all make up. So wonderful. I think of myself as a ghost partner instead of ghost write. I guess I am a ghost reader and I consider alot of people who post as a provider of great stories. So I have a lot of people I read and share a connection with in their works of a post and they do not even know it.

My one and only RP here, which I GM and is the first Forum RP I've engaged in in years, is a year and three months old! The OOC thread is over 500+ pages! I'm so happy and grateful for my dedicated group of players! 💕
As one of said players I’d like to bank off this and say this RP has sparked so much creativity in me that I haven’t had in a long time and it has been a joy to be apart of since the beginning of it! So happy some little group has been so welcoming towards me and all the silly little ideas I put out there ❤️❤️

Getting back into text rp after about a year's hiatus. Seems like I've fallen in with some good people and am really excited to see where things go😊

wake up, babe. antithesis to the Roleplay pet peeve thread just dropped. venting is awesome n' all, but what about the opposite of it? let's gush a little! tell me about some amazing Roleplay partners you have or had, some stories that you've written or are so excited to start writing, some memorable scenes you've written or experiences you've had, and so on! feel free to tag some of your Roleplay buddies in appreciation too! spreading a lil positivity has never hurt anyone before (i hope)! ☀️

so, then, RPNation, what are some positive things you wanna share about Roleplay today?
I'm really having a lot of fun talking about this ATLA Rp to-be and the characters. My partner seems to be having as much fun as I am, and their character is sure to be a bundle of mischief and fun. It's really a joy when you feel like you are connecting with someone on a plotting & writing level!

Just did a DND session this past Thursday and I'm getting so into it, I had to make my title in reference to my character's horrible rolls
It's my first campaign

There are a few key moments in RPs I have been involved with, that players talk about YEARS later and laugh. I love that.

I'm blessed with a long-term roleplay partner who I've become really good friends with - she's so patient with me (I post like once a week OOPSIES) and best of all, we have fun creating and headcanoning plots, characters and more. Over 3 years and it's been amazing <3 I also have another 1x1 partner and while it's early days with a strong start, I hope it keeps going on strong and we have a good friendship going forward <3

Of course, I've met some solid and amazing people through my group roleplays - some of whom I keep in contact with regularly, play games with, and have even gone and met in person! Some I still roleplay with too currently, who are amazing and supportive GMs, players, and friends. I don't know if I say it enough so if any of them are reading this, I value our friendship so much, even if we only talk once in a blue moon <3

Through the groups as well, I've been able to join a TTRPG group and meet even more people through that!

Many positive experiences which outweigh any negatives for definite!

In January 2023, I hit a really hard roleplaying patch, to the point that I started wondering if I even wanted to keep this hobby anymore. It was hard, because writing was the thing I defaulted to whenever I had some time on my hands for literal years, and finding that I've stopped enjoying it was a painful discovery to confront.

It was like, well, what do I even do now?

More roleplaying, as it turned out.

I just had to be more honest with myself regarding what I wanted to write and what that writing should look like : ) And now I have the best partners I've ever had, who give me so much with each post it's insane. I'm glad I didn't give up on roleplaying back then because I would have missed out on so many connections and stories ❤

Roleplaying is one of those things that really helped me explore and get into creative works as a whole and honestly I wouldn't be the kind of artist I am with out it, having done various settings and having all kinds of characters over the years. I will always love roleplay and the opportunities I get to explore my own and others worlds and stories.
Trying now to get back into roleplaying after life being life, though being slow I am looking forward to the new experiences.

A friend and I just broke 460 comments in a 1x1 roleplay where we're playing out my current biggest ship, the OTP I am just daydreaming happily about all the time. They are changing both as people (a big deal for them!) and how they see one another in major ways and falling in love, and I just love it. :hearteyes:

I miss the days where me and my school friends would pass a note book around and we would write our plays in that. We would pass it around to each other any time we got. It was a bit more fun doing it that way than on the computer. As for stories goes, there's was a Naruto story i was doing with a couple of friends on another sight. Unfortunately We never finished it and I lost touch with those players. I still think about them from time to time though.

When you find a partner who wants to rp your craving and you create a super interesting plot together making it even more exciting! One of the best rp feelings! Genuinely so excited to finally be this close after months of searching for something like this!

i'm really really hyped for the roleplays i have that i already made several fanarts for it :3

i even had the inspiration to color it out and make it look like an anime screenshot <3

When i first started role playing i had a lot of friends. I think the one i had from the beginnning was this guy named rody soul and we were close in age. We would help each other with homework and one day he invited me to his Mha rp server. For a couple months we had the best rp ever, progressing our first years into 3rd years with so many events, movie nights, and so on. He was the bestest friend a guy could ever ask for (Even if he was an avid shipper of rody and deku. I will never forget the night he forced me to watch Mha world heroes mission with his mic on to explain to me why deku is gay and doesn’t actually deserve to be with Uraraka to a himiko shipper like me) On the day as our rp was about to end, we decided we would go our separate ways after due to everyone having some problems and him and i managed to create the most beautiful ending to an rp i have ever seen. He’s the one who got me into all of this and fanfiction so i thank him. Wherever you are, I Love you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back