Legends (WIP, lot's of info added)

@Tedronai *sighs* I am thinking of starting another project or two of a smaller scale, but, knowing myself, if I put it on the shelf to pull out later, it's going to stay on the shelf for probably the rest of forever.

Well, that's a risk but you are the only person who can do anything about that.

If I were you I'd make a list of what you need to do to make this RP work, and build your future RPs based on those things. That way you can still be working on this RP and that way it never actually goes on the shelf.

@Tedronai at this point, I have most of it worked out, I'm just running into a roadblock/writers block with what sort of skills I should add, because I'm unsure as to what sort of skills people are going to use/want.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tedronai

I'll probably look through that, 

I'm planning on allowing people to suggest their own skills and such, but I want at least basic skill trees for the more common things

(Sword, magic, knives, bows, etc.)

What do you mean by skill trees? I've seen a few examples, so just curious as to what you're planning?

Still, I'd leave people have a say in the skills. Depending on how you plan to let people level up but you could give people a choice there and then (would you like to learn "blade storm lvl2" or "omni-slash"?) rather than trying to create the entire thing here and now.

Rather than consider what skills players will want, maybe consider the skills the setting needs?  Or the skills your story requires?

As an example, when I was working on a system that de-emphasized combat, I had three fighting skills but a dozen social, creative, and mental skills.  For a combat-focused system, I had five or six combat skills and two social skills.

As another example, I have a setting where Occultism is a Skill people would have and use, but Hacking isn't there at all - you know?

Essentially, if something can be done in your world and requires a Skill determine what that skill is and include it.  It's a very simulationist approach but it should work for you.

@Tedronai that's the idea of skill trees. say you use swords and already have a point  in the tree, upon your next level, you can choose 

A) dual wielding

B) using a single blade (which will later have a branch for sword and shield)

C) or a two-handed blade

With special attacks and such coming later. 

@Grey thank you for the advise, I've been attempting to follow that and have came up with some ideas of skills I want, but am running into stumbling blocks as to what sort of social skills there should be. 

(I'm aiming for a system that provides options to either solve things through combat or politics in most cases, depending on what each player/group decides. )

(The Google doc linked has a lot more information and the start of a skill tree, I believe. )

Well, what kinds of social interactions can you have?

Lying? Persuasion? Intimidation? Charm? Inspiration? Leadership? Empathy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back