• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends Will Follow - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Birdsie Birdsie

Would it be okay if I used this for my character pic?

latest

BackSet BackSet
I'm sorry. It appears your 'First Poster Reward' cannot be given to you, due to your lack of presence on our Discord. The reward was a Discord Title, you see, but I can't really grant one if you're not there.

Birdsie Birdsie I retract my request to join. I have no desire to be in a RP where one of the leaders is a petulant child who'd abuse their authority and kick someone simply for disagreeing with them, and pointing out facts. I don't know how much is related to you vs your co-gm, but I'd suggest actually listing what the setting is. Because it's SUPER disingenuous to advertise your RP as "F for freedom" when it comes to character design only to be told "this isn't acceptable, this isn't acceptable, nor is that, this also isn't acceptable" all under the excuse "it doesn't fit the setting" when there isn't even a setting listed. I joined specifically because I wanted a free-form high-fantasy RP, and apparently this isn't it, at least as far as Scion made it out to be. So, while it was extraordinarily brief, I wish your RP the best of luck.

Birdsie Birdsie I retract my request to join. I have no desire to be in a RP where one of the leaders is a petulant child who'd abuse their authority and kick someone simply for disagreeing with them, and pointing out facts. I don't know how much is related to you vs your co-gm, but I'd suggest actually listing what the setting is. Because it's SUPER disingenuous to advertise your RP as "F for freedom" when it comes to character design only to be told "this isn't acceptable, this isn't acceptable, nor is that, this also isn't acceptable" all under the excuse "it doesn't fit the setting" when there isn't even a setting listed. I joined specifically because I wanted a free-form high-fantasy RP, and apparently this isn't it, at least as far as Scion made it out to be. So, while it was extraordinarily brief, I wish your RP the best of luck.
heavy lewding.gif

Very well.

But now I've viewed the Discord conversation and I am thoroughly convinced you're in the wrong.

You didn't provide any details on the mechanisms of the firearm, such as the number of rounds, reload speed, and other parameters when asked. Instead, you've listed the basic algorithms of ballistic combat. I would have been skeptical about accepting guns in the first place, but since your character looked good, I'd have probably accepted it if you provided detail.

Notwithstanding, you instantly outed yourself as That Guy when you refused to answer basic questions about the weapon and dragged the conversation for unnecessary lengths. "Schrodinger's Weapon/Power" is one of the oldest tricks in the book, where you refuse to provide detail so you can make the weapon as strong or weak as the situation calls for it, and seeing your irrational and suspicious behavior, I will actively choose to believe this is the reason or why you refused to provide detail.

Seriously, why couldn't you just answer the question normally? When someone asks you how many rounds a weapon has, you tell them: "12," or "7" not: "It's a small hand-held sized firearm that propels projectiles at range."

And even if the end result is the same, the means of getting there matter. If the gun is magical, dispelling it will disrupt its functions. If it's not, then that won't work. Here's a fact you have to get through your thick skull as you refused to do so previously when talking to Noble: Details matter.

By the way, a gun is far stronger than a bow, crossbow, or even a semi-automatic crossbow. There's a reason things like plate armor, swords and shields started going out of use after flintlocks were invented.

In conclusion, you're banned, not because you decided to use a gun, but because you actively refused to provide details on it when asked to do so even when given alternative means of going about the situation (removing the gun,) created a massive uproar on Discord, and given me reason to believe you are a powergamer. I have nothing else to say.

Very well.

But now I've viewed the Discord conversation and I am thoroughly convinced you're in the wrong.

You didn't provide any details on the mechanisms of the firearm, such as the number of rounds, reload speed, and other parameters when asked. Instead, you've listed the basic algorithms of ballistic combat. I would have been skeptical about accepting guns in the first place, but since your character looked good, I'd have probably accepted it if you provided detail.

Notwithstanding, you instantly outed yourself as That Guy when you refused to answer basic questions about the weapon and dragged the conversation for unnecessary lengths. "Schrodinger's Weapon/Power" is one of the oldest tricks in the book, where you refuse to provide detail so you can make the weapon as strong or weak as the situation calls for it, and seeing your irrational and suspicious behavior, I will actively choose to believe this is the reason or why you refused to provide detail.

Seriously, why couldn't you just answer the question normally? When someone asks you how many rounds a weapon has, you tell them: "12," or "7" not: "It's a small hand-held sized firearm that propels projectiles at range."

And even if the end result is the same, the means of getting there matter. If the gun is magical, dispelling it will disrupt its functions. If it's not, then that won't work. Here's a fact you have to get through your thick skull as you refused to do so previously when talking to Noble: Details matter.

By the way, a gun is far stronger than a bow, crossbow, or even a semi-automatic crossbow. There's a reason things like plate armor, swords and shields started going out of use after flintlocks were invented.

In conclusion, you're banned, not because you decided to use a gun, but because you actively refused to provide details on it when asked to do so even when given alternative means of going about the situation (removing the gun,) created a massive uproar on Discord, and given me reason to believe you are a powergamer. I have nothing else to say.

I'm gonna defend myself just a bit.

1: I've been in several of your RPs without issue, so for you to all of a sudden go "YOU'RE A POWERGAMER" is laughable. Honestly man, you're better than that. I know you gotta defend your co-gm, but come on. Not to mention, it's hilarious that you think I'm a powergamer when I made, quite literally, THE WEAKEST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE ROLEPLAY. So, again, come on.

2: Details weren't given because the gun was never the focal point of the character, thus I didn't think of any. I didn't come up with any because Scion made it ABUNDANTLY clear they hadn't even the slightest clue about firearms, or even the setting. They OUTRIGHT STATED they have no authority on the matter and thus can't make decisions. So why would I sit own and hash out details with someone who doesn't understand, and has no authority to actually approve the details I come up with? There's a reason I detailed the camera but not the gun, it's your basic sidearm meant to plink away at the golems and dragons as he runs for cover. It was never important.

3: Somewhat of a continuation on 2, but Scion never even asked for any relevant details. It's like, "does it need to be reloaded", of fucking course it does. I don't see him asking the archers if their bows need to be reloaded. So what details he did demand were straight up stupid and should be common sense. And then on details that actually matter, I couldn't give them without you being there anyway. That's why I kept impressing the point of it's overall level, not details. You don't need to know the bullet caliber and velocity and all that junk of a firearm, you just need to know "it fires a few rounds before needing to be reloaded and it can be stopped by some good defenses same as a bow", but that wasn't enough for Scion despite Scion not having any actual authority on the subject BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

4: Also, to let you understand. The only reason I kicked up a fuss was to test Scion. Roleplays last for months, they have numerous people all with their own differing viewpoints. Fights and arguments WILL happen and I wanted to know if the GM's capable of handling that. I'd rather get this out of the way now rather than three months down the road. That's why I suggested you look over how your co-gm handles things. Because YOU'RE fine, Scion's not. They couldn't articulate their points. They had no idea what they were talking about. They just spouted vague bullshit "muh setting" without actually explaining the setting, and they ended it all with a tantrum by kicking me because I was telling Rein not to get into the specifics on how revolvers aren't semi-automatics, since Scion obviously doesn't understand guns to that degree. That's TERRIBLE GMing and that's the kind of GMing that kills roleplays. It was a test they failed, which is why I quit. You can think bad about me for it, but hey I gave you the same test when I joined your Fate rp. Difference is you passed.

5: And, speaking of why I quit. Seriously, you're gonna end with "You're banned" to the guy who quit? Talk about being That guy. I like you Birdsie, despite the tone of this post I do, I respect you as a GM, I follow your rulings, I'll probably join a RP of yours in the future just as I have done with many of your past ones (assuming, of course). But I'm going to test the leadership of any rp I join because I don't need them throwing their tantrum after investing months into the roleplay. And I'm sorry you don't like that, I'm sorry it caused you problems, but when things inevitably don't work out maybe you'll think back to this and understand why I do it. Too much time to be thrown away because someone who couldn't handle authority and power were given it.

I'm gonna defend myself just a bit.

1: I've been in several of your RPs without issue, so for you to all of a sudden go "YOU'RE A POWERGAMER" is laughable. Honestly man, you're better than that. I know you gotta defend your co-gm, but come on. Not to mention, it's hilarious that you think I'm a powergamer when I made, quite literally, THE WEAKEST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE ROLEPLAY. So, again, come on.

2: Details weren't given because the gun was never the focal point of the character, thus I didn't think of any. I didn't come up with any because Scion made it ABUNDANTLY clear they hadn't even the slightest clue about firearms, or even the setting. They OUTRIGHT STATED they have no authority on the matter and thus can't make decisions. So why would I sit own and hash out details with someone who doesn't understand, and has no authority to actually approve the details I come up with? There's a reason I detailed the camera but not the gun, it's your basic sidearm meant to plink away at the golems and dragons as he runs for cover. It was never important.

3: Somewhat of a continuation on 2, but Scion never even asked for any relevant details. It's like, "does it need to be reloaded", of fucking course it does. I don't see him asking the archers if their bows need to be reloaded. So what details he did demand were straight up stupid and should be common sense. And then on details that actually matter, I couldn't give them without you being there anyway. That's why I kept impressing the point of it's overall level, not details. You don't need to know the bullet caliber and velocity and all that junk of a firearm, you just need to know "it fires a few rounds before needing to be reloaded and it can be stopped by some good defenses same as a bow", but that wasn't enough for Scion despite Scion not having any actual authority on the subject BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.

4: Also, to let you understand. The only reason I kicked up a fuss was to test Scion. Roleplays last for months, they have numerous people all with their own differing viewpoints. Fights and arguments WILL happen and I wanted to know if the GM's capable of handling that. I'd rather get this out of the way now rather than three months down the road. That's why I suggested you look over how your co-gm handles things. Because YOU'RE fine, Scion's not. They couldn't articulate their points. They had no idea what they were talking about. They just spouted vague bullshit "muh setting" without actually explaining the setting, and they ended it all with a tantrum by kicking me because I was telling Rein not to get into the specifics on how revolvers aren't semi-automatics, since Scion obviously doesn't understand guns to that degree. That's TERRIBLE GMing and that's the kind of GMing that kills roleplays. It was a test they failed, which is why I quit. You can think bad about me for it, but hey I gave you the same test when I joined your Fate rp. Difference is you passed.

5: And, speaking of why I quit. Seriously, you're gonna end with "You're banned" to the guy who quit? Talk about being That guy. I like you Birdsie, despite the tone of this post I do, I respect you as a GM, I follow your rulings, I'll probably join a RP of yours in the future just as I have done with many of your past ones (assuming, of course). But I'm going to test the leadership of any rp I join because I don't need them throwing their tantrum after investing months into the roleplay. And I'm sorry you don't like that, I'm sorry it caused you problems, but when things inevitably don't work out maybe you'll think back to this and understand why I do it. Too much time to be thrown away because someone who couldn't handle authority and power were given it.
Wow. If we ever cross paths in the future, remind me never to get on your bad side.

Wow. If we ever cross paths in the future, remind me never to get on your bad side.

I'm not scary. But GMs make or break a RP. I've had so many RPs fail and die because the GMs involved simply couldn't handle the job. So while I know it can seem kind of assholeish, my time is too valuable to spend on a RP that's GUARANTEED to fail because it's run by people who can't handle it. And there's only one way to find out whether the GM's capable or not, and that's to see how they deal with problematic situations. Because it doesn't matter how a GM is when everything's rosy and nice, it matters how they handle difficulties.

2. I know how guns worked, and asked for details of the gun as, believe it or not, a weapon that can kill someone in a single shot is a powerful weapon. Also I believe I have a better idea of the setting given that I'm actually currently RPing in said setting, have read the details, just as you have. Is it not logical that I, the co-GM of this RP, know the setting of the RP I am in? And am moderating? How many rounds is a few? Because, after asking you several times, you never told me. I admitted I did not want to decline the CS as I thought it would be better to leave such a matter to Birdsie, but you just kept. On. Talking. About. How. Pistols. Are. Pistols, without giving ANY DETAIL.

3. I most certainly did ask for relevant details, I can probably go screenshot it if you want. Bows aren't reloaded because they don't hold ammo, unlike a gun. You explicitly told me that you might NOT have to reload it, BY YOUR OWN WORDS. SO, believe it or not, I had no idea what YOUR PISTOL, Not A pistol, NOT A DnD pistol, NOT A MODERN PISTOL, NOT A FLINTLOCK PISTOL, NOT A STUPID MAGIC PISTOL, BUT YOUR PISTOL Which, you never provided any of the details for, DOES.

Calibre of the gun is valuable information as it determines how the gun would interact in Roleplayed scenarios, If it were accepted of course. Because guns do pierce armour, and the strength of the gun is basically the whole reason why the CS wasn't accepted, excluding that fact that it did not fit the setting, at least from the little bit of information I gleaned from what you.. referenced.

4. To test me, sure, keep telling yourself that bud. Keep making up made up excuses to try and sully up what little dignity you can after being incapable of understand that a lethal weapon has an impact on the RP. Then, instead of opting for one of the other options I told you, like, for instance, a hand-crossbow, that would much better fit the setting and I would've had no issues, you kept on trying to tell me that pistols were the norm in a medieval setting. I kicked you, because I was sick of hearing you say the same things over and over again. I can tell people have difficulty talking to you for a single conversation because of how insufferable you are, never mind that fact that I had to deal with you for an hour, and still get no bloody result. It was honestly like trying to have a civilised conversation with a 3 year old, yet without all the charm and cuteness of one.

5. You didn't quit, I banned you, the Birdsie also made it clear that he too would have banned you from this RP, due to your reluctance to give detail and general attitude that you have going on. I'm sure everyone will enjoy you "testing" them (If you decide to keep using that as an excuse to be a dick, of course) And wish you a good time in your endeavours. Have fun roleplaying on this good site and, next time, why don't you just answered the GMs' questions?

FYI. Female.

I've been in several of your RPs without issue, so for you to all of a sudden go "YOU'RE A POWERGAMER" is laughable. Honestly man, you're better than that. I know you gotta defend your co-gm, but come on. Not to mention, it's hilarious that you think I'm a powergamer when I made, quite literally, THE WEAKEST CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE ROLEPLAY. So, again, come on.
The thing about people is that everyone knows you differently. I see no reason for you to withhold that kind of information other than purposefully keeping it vague, and I see no other reason for purposefully keeping it vague other than wanting to abuse it. That's what I saw, and I was given no reason to believe otherwise, so that's what I chose to believe. You're welcome to challenge this belief. I'm telling you what I'm seeing - even if you're not a powergamer, your behavior proves that you're not eligible to join a group effort like this one.

Details weren't given because the gun was never the focal point of the character, thus I didn't think of any. I didn't come up with any because Scion made it ABUNDANTLY clear they hadn't even the slightest clue about firearms, or even the setting. They OUTRIGHT STATED they have no authority on the matter and thus can't make decisions. So why would I sit own and hash out details with someone who doesn't understand, and has no authority to actually approve the details I come up with? There's a reason I detailed the camera but not the gun, it's your basic sidearm meant to plink away at the golems and dragons as he runs for cover. It was never important.
I am going to be inherently skeptical about accepting guns of any kind for the same reason they are rare in other fantasy settings. This isn't Urban Fantasy or Modern Fantasy like FFVII where guns and swords co-exist in a logic-empty barren lack of internal consistency due to it being a video game. I'd have most likely given it a green light if it was, say, a flintlock weapon, and I'm sure Scion would have done the same if she was actually informed of the specifics.

You could have said that on Discord, but instead of saying 'I didn't think about it because it's not relevant,' you condescendingly emphasized how firearms work on a basic level. You're not testing anyone's authority like this. You're upsetting people for no reason and withholding relevant information about an item that barely fits into the setting.

If you want to test my aptitude as a GM, you're welcome to give me a questionnaire.
Somewhat of a continuation on 2, but Scion never even asked for any relevant details. It's like, "does it need to be reloaded", of fucking course it does. I don't see him asking the archers if their bows need to be reloaded. So what details he did demand were straight up stupid and should be common sense. And then on details that actually matter, I couldn't give them without you being there anyway. That's why I kept impressing the point of it's overall level, not details. You don't need to know the bullet caliber and velocity and all that junk of a firearm, you just need to know "it fires a few rounds before needing to be reloaded and it can be stopped by some good defenses same as a bow", but that wasn't enough for Scion despite Scion not having any actual authority on the subject BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.
This is a setting with magic. You could plausibly admit a pistol that creates new rounds as it shoots (which I obviously wouldn't accept, but that's beyond the point.) And yes, you could have given them to my co-GM without me there when she asked for them. Why would you not?

On top of that, she has asked you to give the most basic of details on how the weapon operates (reloading and magazine size.) As far as she was aware, it could have been a magical Beretta Px4 Storm. Instead of answering like a proper player would, you withheld the information for as long as possible and argued her further for no reason. I'm reading the logs as I write this, and I can say with full clarity that she did her job exactly as expected and made the right call when kicking you when you kept arguing, then banning you from the Discord when you rejoined just to argue some more.

I don't care if you were 'testing' her. I really do not. You test people to see if the RP fails because it's not worth your precious time otherwise? Then you can get out of here, this RP is a group endeavor and that implies it requires effort - clearly, you're not prepared to put any into it.
Also, to let you understand. The only reason I kicked up a fuss was to test Scion. Roleplays last for months, they have numerous people all with their own differing viewpoints. Fights and arguments WILL happen and I wanted to know if the GM's capable of handling that. I'd rather get this out of the way now rather than three months down the road. That's why I suggested you look over how your co-gm handles things. Because YOU'RE fine, Scion's not. They couldn't articulate their points. They had no idea what they were talking about. They just spouted vague bullshit "muh setting" without actually explaining the setting, and they ended it all with a tantrum by kicking me because I was telling Rein not to get into the specifics on how revolvers aren't semi-automatics, since Scion obviously doesn't understand guns to that degree. That's TERRIBLE GMing and that's the kind of GMing that kills roleplays. It was a test they failed, which is why I quit. You can think bad about me for it, but hey I gave you the same test when I joined your Fate rp. Difference is you passed.
Seriously?

Roleplays don't break over arguments or fights. We've already had several arguments over some of the RP mechanics on Discord, and that didn't make anyone leave, let alone break the integrity of the roleplay, because we managed to find a common ground in the end. It's called cooperation. GM's don't make or break a roleplay - there are many factors - and one of the most important ones is players that work together.

You're not ever joining any of my roleplays again if you're going to "test" people like this. I prefer players who try to avoid conflict, find a common ground through discussion, and put effort into group endeavors, rather than ones who stir up conflict for no good reason.

Wanting to see if an RP is up to your standards is... I'm sorry if this offends you, but I have no better word for it. It's pathetic.

You aren't gonna go anywhere if you put your standards first instead of actually trying to test the waters.

And, speaking of why I quit. Seriously, you're gonna end with "You're banned" to the guy who quit? Talk about being That guy. I like you Birdsie, despite the tone of this post I do, I respect you as a GM, I follow your rulings, I'll probably join a RP of yours in the future just as I have done with many of your past ones (assuming, of course). But I'm going to test the leadership of any rp I join because I don't need them throwing their tantrum after investing months into the roleplay. And I'm sorry you don't like that, I'm sorry it caused you problems, but when things inevitably don't work out maybe you'll think back to this and understand why I do it. Too much time to be thrown away because someone who couldn't handle authority and power were given it.
I assume you say this because you figured that by "You're banned," I was informing you that you're excluded from this roleplay in particular. You see, I was already aware you're not participating in this one.

Allow me to clarify.

By "You're banned," I meant you're not welcome here or any future roleplays I make. Period.

Roleplays only work as long as people are willing to work on making them work. Does that sentence make sense? Regardless, you get the point. A well-prepared GM is just a side-dish compared to the full course of requirements concerning creating a lasting community which collaborates to write a story together. If your method was to work, you'd have to test every player in a roleplay in numerous ways.

I don't have to, because I know some of my players and I know they won't leave this project behind and will keep working on it. Everyone else is welcome to stick along with us and prove themselves to be the same, which means I'll invite them to future projects.

Next time you join a roleplay, consider giving the GM a questionnaire instead of testing them by being irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back