• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Legends of Aestlyn (D&D 5e) - IC

Rina shrugged. "You people decide," she said, throwing her hands up in the air when eyes turned to her. "I don't really care. But I'd just kill him if that's faster."

She walked up to the smoldering corpse of the witch to briefly inspect her handiwork, almost gesticulating towards it as she spoke. Her body language screamed Hey! Remember me? Suuuuper important sorcerer that killed the dangerous witch? Yeah, where's my compensation?

Meanwhile her attention turned to the wicked-looking King, suspecting there was something more going on than at face value. His wicked smile made her feel uneasy, like this coup was an obstacle he was expecting to outmaneuver and conquer for some time.

Rina would like to make an Insight check on the King to determine if he knows more about the circumstances of Tychis' coup than he lets on.

_: 1D20 = [16] = 16

Rina, you don’t have proof, but your sharp eye and keen mind tell you there is something else behind the King’s smiles and snickers and sneers. And when you play the events back through your mind, you realize the King made no move during the fight, nor did he make a sound. Further reason for suspicion.

The King steps down from his throne, hands folded behind his back, strolling as if in a garden of tranquility; as if the pools of blood are calm ponds and the corpses fresh yard trimmings. He moves among and between you, eyeing you and your work, like a wraith among gravestones. The expression on his face remains grim pleasure.

“I think his lot is a long torture with a longer-still death to follow. If he provides information, it may shorten his sentence.” The King looks to his Kingsguard. “Have men clean this up. And take those alive to the dungeons. They are to be tortured. I will send instructions on how shortly.”

“Majesty,” is the reply of the Guards who move to obey.

“And you all have saved the Crown,” The King says all-to-sweetly to you al. “I believe a reward is in order. Before we part ways for the afternoon, do you wish to provide suggestions, wishes even, of what you might desire? I give you this one chance to say what you will. I make no promise, but it might provide…inspiration.”

Umbrie began to make a request as she nervously curtseyed. "Your Majesty, i would like permission to complete my apprenticeship into the Royal Spellcloaks and serve you as your eye within the shroud. with a Writ of approval, i can be accepted as an initiate and educated in the ways of one of the secret Royal detectives." she spoke in an innocent and endearing tone. "i really desire to become a royal detective, for it is but family tradition and also because my small body is ill suited for combat, so i wish to serve you where my talents are best suited." she seemed excited at the thought of becoming a royal detective. she so brazenly mentioned the royal detectives. the spellcloaks. but she was around the king and the king's men. so it may be fine.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
Marko said nothing in response to the king's words. Partly because he couldn't think of anything he or his family needed right now -they were landed nobility after all - but mainly because the demeanour of the king was beginning to worry him. He looked at him again, trying to see whether there was any difference between the monarch he'd served under all these years, and the man who was currently nonchalant about the bloody battle that had taken place within his throne room.

Marko is currently trying to figure out if there's been any change in the King's personality between now, and the last time he saw him.
Insight check: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

As Marko did this, his thoughts turned to Kyros, knowing that the mystic would almost certainly be better at this sort of thing than he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back