• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legendary Graduates (OOC)

First!

Just wanted to pop in and say that if you're planning on starting this up over the weekend, I might end up being unable to make my CS or respond to this RP since a storm might be hitting my area. I'm really hoping the power doesn't go out though. =x

Aw, let's hope that doesn't happen!

I'm in the middle of creating a character sheet. So as that sits in the works, we can discuss ideas, and you guys can ask me questions.

Mmm...then my first question is how partners are going to be decided. Are you just going to be using a random generator to pair the characters up, or will we be allowed to discuss who's paired with who on our own? Also, will partners be decided before or after we make our CSs (considering that they grew up together, I'd assume that the two RP'ers with partnered characters would have to discuss what kind of backstory to make)?

There will have to collaboration, another thing that this thread is for.

You can share the general ideas around your character, and go from there.

So..

We have @Lost, Me, and @RoxasTheExalted as our heroic humans.

Our Special Spirits include @Nano, @Left Out, and @Galen Ardila

@Blue Jay and @Damafaud...

One of you will be a human, and the other will be a Spirit.

You guys can talk it over that, while we discuss pairings.

It's simple, present the type of personality your character will have, a main type of magic, and anything else you please.

Here, I'll make an example!

Maxwell Ingram

Personality

If you were asked to describe Max in one phrase, you'd probably say something along the lines of..  'Stubborn Asshat..' or 'A little man of lunacy.' Either way, his eccentric personality is one to be quite wary of.. One moment, he can be an absolute genius, and the other he'll be the most idiotic idiot to ever idiot. People have asked him why he's so luny, but his response changes depending on his mood. "Because it's fun!" "You'd rather me be sane?" "Why not?" "To be honest, I haven't a clue." Surprisingly, people tend to get used to his antics pretty quickly, finding him to be quite entertaining. Almost as much as they find him stupid.

Max has an unhealthy love for winning, being extremely competitive when the time is right. While he's not always looking to race you to the vending machine, he always looks to be the first in everything he cares about. And since he has a large amount of determination, Max has a pretty high success rate. Meaning he doesn't lose often. But when he does, his temper shows, being quite the sore loser. He's easily frustrated with himself, struggling in regards to keeping his composure. The fact that he's a loud mouth doesn't bode well with this.. All in all, he's a bit of a smartass. Being quite normalish when you first meet him, and slowly becomes a lunatic as time passes. He's not a bad guy, and you'd honestly rather have him on your side, rather than someone else's..

Main Magic

It's quite shocking, that Max uses Electricity...

I'll stop.

Whether he uses electricity to boost the strength of his weapons, make bad puns, or to prank people, Max finds that it tends to be quite useful.

(When you do this part, just be really vague, and add little details. We'll talk about magic later.)

Other

Max uses a very large sword, it being just under six feet in length.

It morphs into a sniper rifle.

(Bam. Short and simple. We'll talk about weapons later too.)

Nils Seluel

Personality
“Just the right proportions and texture...this is perfection! The rice, I mean...”

Undeniably a genius through and through, Nils’ ability to process things at high speeds is a trait that would be lauded by many...if it weren’t for the fact that a lot of the things that he says makes sense only to himself. This is partly attributed to his desire to put a flair and twist to almost everything. Driven by a passion for elegance and aesthetic, there’s little that Nils won’t do in order to achieve whatever goals that he may have set for himself. Additionally, the man, for the most part, doesn’t seem to care to cater to the whims and opinions of others, so his nonconformist ideals may become frustrating at times.

Although Nils’ mannerisms can potentially come off as a bit narcissistic and self-centered, he does truly care for those close to him in the end. As a person who treasures loyalty and relationships even more than he does artistry, Nils will occasionally keep in mind to curb his extreme “go hard or go home” attitude when he sees that his “comrades” feel that he’s going overboard. Other than that, Nils is rather easy to get along with once you look past his no-boundaries mindset due to him being relatively good natured—that is, if you’re on his good side. He usually isn’t one to hold grudges, but those who’ve managed to find themselves on his shitlist get to witness firsthand that Nils can actually be quite savage. He’s no stranger to sarcasm, sure, but his comments only become scathing during these few instances. In a nutshell, Nils is just someone who makes it clear whether or not he dislikes something or someone.

Main Magic
Creative Constructs
Taking both art and power into mind, Nils’ primary form of magic takes on the form of luminescent and almost glass-like psychic structures that can be anything from harmless crystalline figures whose purpose is to just look pretty to deadly spear-like projectiles.

Weaponry
Other than his own magical and physical capabilities, Nils typically makes use of no external weapons as it “doesn’t fit his aesthetic.”

Extras
Has a (probably) unhealthy obsession with rice

Often uses acronyms and shorthands that may or may not make sense without bothering to explain it to any confused individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adham Astraeus 

Personality

To most of the people that have seen him, Adham would often be considered as a happy-go-lucky type of person. He's generally very approachable, silly, often mischievous, brightly cheerful and real immature. He's always just seen with almost a smile or large grin for most of his life. Due to his childish antics, people often label him as nothing but a good-for-nothing jokester. And Adham also gives of an aura of happiness to those around him. He's also got some kind of obsession with girls that he'd consider cute, and has been called a pervert and a creep for having said obsession.

But underneath all of that perversion, immaturity and cheerfulness, whenever all by himself or with a friend of his that's extremely close to him, Adham would be something of an opposite to that of his typical personality. Unlike the former, he's not all that immature at all. Nor is he silly or mischievous. He appears as extremely mature and instead of the usual grin, his face is much more serious and somewhat emotionless. Rather than an aura of cheerfulness, it's one that just gives off a feeling of melancholy. And he's also an intelligent and observant person, though that's been drowned out by his other side.

Main Magic

The type of magic that Adham mainly uses is one that utilizes the element of ice, used mainly just to boost the strength of his weapon or to make himself feel cold on really hot days.

Other

The weapon of choice for Adham would be a combination of the blade and whip, which is a weapon that is pretty much what the name implies. It's just a sword with a long hooked whip at the end of it's hilt.

Alistar Hauff

Personality

Alistar Hauff, though young, has a code of moral justice, one that he always abides by. To him, doing the right thing is paramount to everything else. He earnestly cares for others, and though he has few friends besides his Spirit, he is extremely loyal to those he is acquainted with. He's also quite stubborn; Alistar is steadfast in his beliefs, and despite the consequences, he refuses to be swayed. He tries to be honest, and rarely lies to other people if at all avoidable.

Unfortunately, for all his redeeming qualities, Alistar has an equal amount of undesirable ones. His stubbornness is a blessing as well as a curse. Sometimes hard choices must be made, and due to his stubborn will, he looks for another way when there is none. And when said immoral choices must be made, he often isn't able to make them himself. He is vehemently opposed to making choices that risk the lives of others, though these such decisions are nigh impossible to avoid during wartime.

Alistar is also deadly afraid of small spaces. Though a great shame to him, he has not yet been able to overcome such a fear.

Main Magic
~Alistar typically uses wind magic, either to sharpen his blade, or push others away.

Weaponry
~Alistar uses a scimitar, and despite all the pirate jokes he receives, it's quite an effective weapon.

Extras

~Alistar is extremely claustrophobic, often opting to skip going out entirely if a small space is involved.

Ellone "Ell" Woodall

Personality

While generally good-natured Ell is a bit stand offish and can be hard to approach at first. She thinks she is rather intelligent, and she is book smart, but lacks knowledge on the real world and has proven to be gullible and impressionable. 

Ell can also be intolerant and impatient. She is a quick thinker and often mistakes those who can't keep up with her as stupid timewasters.

She has the potential to be incredibly cold at times, especially when she is stressed.

She is goal orientated and can be ruthless when it comes to achieving those goals. Her determination is legendary. When she has her heart set on something it's best not to get in her way.

She does show kindness and friendliness when she feels the need to. Her sense of humor is pretty stale and most jokes tend to fly over her head or just get ignored. 

Ell doesn't like to see people suffer and will stand up for those who can't defend themselves. 

She is very calm and composed in battle, her mind moving quickly to form strategies and seek out the best method that will ensure her victory.

Main Magic

Ell employs Magical Glyphs imbued with different properties as her main magic. She needs a free hand along with a short incantation to cast the glyphs and they only last for a limited amount of time making her combat style very fast.

She may cast them on floors or walls but always needs a surface to do so except for when using Impetu.

"Celeritas" Speed Glyph - Briefly enhances the speed of anyone who comes in contact with the glyph

"Levate" Lift Glyph - Allows anyone who comes into contact with the glyph to jump to great heights

"Laqueus" Snare Glyph - Ensnares anyone who comes into contact with the glyph using magic tendrils

"Impetu" Force Glyph - It exerts a large amount of force on any object or being that comes into contact with it, pushing them away. Objects may also pass through it to increase the force at which it moves Ex. Bullets may be made stronger and more piercing when passing through this glyph. This is the only glyph of Ell's that currently can be cast without a surface.

Other

Ell's weapon is a chisa katana, or a shorter katana with a sheath that can morph into a pistol.

Her combat style is very fast paced, focused on quick slashes and stabs with her sword and covering or distracting fire from her pistol.

She aims to wittle down her opponent while staying out of reach until she can go in the for the killing blow.

Ooh! I think Max and El would fit well together, being somewhat opposite so that they offset each other well.

Max is very humorous, while El is very serious. El keeps Max in line, and Max bends El's line a bit. Their determination it probably on the same level, causing them to work well when going for a goal. Max fights a bit like a tank, so someone assisting him from afar would probably be a good idea. Max would probably be the heavy hitter, using the Glyphs to increase his effectiveness, along with opening up the opponent to let El take the final blow. I like it. I like my own ideas.

@Blue Jay

You saw nothing.

Ooh! I think Max and El would fit well together, being somewhat opposite so that they offset each other well.

Max is very humorous, while El is very serious. El keeps Max in line, and Max bends El's line a bit. Their determination it probably on the same level, causing them to work well when going for a goal. Max fights a bit like a tank, so someone assisting him from afar would probably be a good idea. Max would probably be the heavy hitter, using the Glyphs to increase his effectiveness, along with opening up the opponent to let El take the final blow. I like it. I like my own ideas.

@Blue Jay

I agree they would match very well but she's also a human :|

Well as long as I can have the same character I'm cool with Ell being a spirit if someone wants to swap?

If not no worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back