• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

Twice Knightly

The Clock Strikes 12
Link to sign-ups.

Where you were didn't matter. How it happened didn't either.

For many of you, it happened in your world. A dark cloud, thicker than smog, rose in the air. It dispersed, unlike anything you had ever seen. It was like the cloud itself had a mind of its own. It moved with purpose, and before anyone realized it, that darkness was all you could see. Anyone could tell it was different. This was no storm, despite the raging thunder around you which refused to quell, the lightning that followed, and the humidity that came with that. It behaved like a storm, to be sure. But this couldn't have been it. You knew right away that something was happening.

These fears soon proved to be true.

Monsters out of your worst nightmares soon appeared out of the sky. Shriveled-up goblins wielding bows and arrows, some with flames, shot at anyone and anything nearby. Lanky, hairless, demonic figures lacking eyes and a proper mouth, their faces etched in a permanent scream. Anyone making eye contact with their faces resulted in the loudest, most terrifying scream you'd ever heard - and a petrifying inability to move after that. Black creatures, as dark as the sky that had formed. They moved akin to gorillas, with their fists and legs carrying them forward. Dark stone masks cover their faces, though they do little to hide the cold tendrils that make up their hair. Anything they see, anything they sense, they immediately attack without warning.
These were only some of the examples of what invaded your worlds. Even the more experienced fighters among you had trouble holding them all off. No matter who you were, no matter your power, eventually you found it impossible to hold them all off at once. They simply kept coming. There was no end in sight. Eventually, things began to feel hopeless. Perhaps some of you truly were on the verge of giving up.

But then, there came a new mist. A lighter mist, more grey in color than black. This mist did not spread, nor did it remain. But out of it came a man - a man who pulled you from your world, and somewhere else. You agreed with this man, because he knew what was going on. There really was little choice in the matter.

Of course, this was only the case for some of you.

For some of you, you knew this man. You knew this man's name. It was Jason Todd, though nowadays most know him as the Red Hood. You know this because you've worked alongside this man. Some of you might have even explored the cosmos with this man. Because he was a high-ranking official in a prominent organization dedicated to protecting the Multiverse. But now, he's been made de-facto leader of it all, because their base has been destroyed by the same thing that destroyed all those other worlds.

Twilight. Zant. Ganondorf.

These names are names that some of you have heard before, and others are only just hearing for the first time. But you all became familiar soon enough.

Their final gambit had begun. Ganondorf's reincarnation was imminent, and now the fate of the entire Multiverse is in your hands.

Prologue
"Final Hope"

"Thank you, King T'Challa. Your hospitality is appreciated."

3358e3cdaf82307a2aa6cbb265093c3b92f220df.jpg

"It is no trouble at all," King T'Challa responds, his voice calm and stoic, a certain air to it that could only be possessed by that of a King. "Although Wakanda has always made it a point to stay out of Multiversal affairs, you have always had an ally in us." He turns and looks at the group at large. Everyone had been gathered by now, for the most part. They all stand in the courtyard, right in the heart of Wakanda. Compared to the sight of your homes, or The Cape, it's almost eerily calm. A gentle breeze blows through everything, birds chirp in the background...

"All of our homes are under Ganondorf's threat. To sit idly by and let them be destroyed, or to wait for them to come to Wakanda... it would be shameful. The time to act is now."

"Right," Jason nods, both hands on his hips. "Make sure to grab a watch! It's how we'll be getting around. T'Challa's sister should have them--" Jason holds out his arm and motions to a nearby girl, looking a bit younger than T'Challa. She stands at a table, where a multitude of the watches in question sit. They're small and black... like an ordinary digital watch. She takes a moment to smile and wave to you all, before putting the finishing touches on the next watch and placing it into the pile beside her. She promptly gets to work on the next one.

433455a800445971a0799ca66bbdc3a9.jpg

"You still haven't told us what we're doing..." Mutters a girl in the back, donning an eyepatch. Anyone who looks in her direction for more than a few seconds can immediately spot a multitude of scars lining what little of her flesh is visible, as well as a prosthetic arm replacing her right. "I mean... you told us about Ganondorf. But how are we going to even stop the guy? Waltz right up to his castle and kick his ass ourselves?" Her tone makes both her disbelief and annoyance clear at the same time.

"We aren't doing that," he matter-of-factly responds. "It'd be suicide for us to even try that now. We've already pinpointed the universes where his corruption is the strongest. Our job is to get to those universes, find what that corruption is, and put a stop to it. We do that enough times, and his influence will be weak enough to fight him directly. Shuri will be providing me updates with the coordinates, and we'll be putting those in to make the jumps."

Byakuya_Togami_Another_Episode_Halfbody_Sprite_%282%29.png

"If anybody else has any stupid questions to ask, I'll have to ask you to stop wasting our time." Another man speaks, clad in a black suit and with an all too unamused look on his face. It seems like he hardly even wants to be here at all. "That said... I suppose we'll have to play along if anybody here has enough intellect to ask a question worth answering."

The girl in the eyepatch glares at him, teeth barred, “Who in the hell do you think you—”

Jason promptly steps between them both. “Not. The time.” A sigh leaves him, before he turns to face the man in the glasses, “I’m not even going to try arguing with you, but can you… can you just not go out of your way to provoke everyone? Is that really so hard?” His firm tone from before is gone, replaced by one of fatigued annoyance.

"It's already enough trouble to be surrounded with people with no sense of nuance, but... fine. I'm no more interested in wasting time, either."

Taking that as a sign of… peace? Jason once more turns to the group at large.

“If there’s any more questions, ask me, T’Challa or Shuri. I’ve got someone bringing snacks soon, since I know most of you haven’t eaten. Otherwise… rest up for now. Use this time to get to know each other, too. These are your allies for the next few days. The sooner you people learn to get along, the better.”

With that, Jason steps down, and off to the side, leaving you all to your own devices.

(Tag megar megar to interact with Byakuya Togami!)

Cast List
isupposeimphi isupposeimphi as Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Project) and Blake Belladonna (RWBY)
brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy as Jin Ming (Spiderverse OC) and Razputin Aquato (Psychonauts)
FoolsErin FoolsErin as Hobie Brown (Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse) and The Wanderer (Genshin Impact)
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow as Illumina (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC) and Clovis (Twokinds)
Twice Knightly Twice Knightly as Asuka Langley Soryu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Jason Todd (DC Comics)
Jeremiah Jeremiah as Nightwarden Minthara (Baldur's Gate)
Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins as The Medic (Team Fortress 2) Frank West (Dead Rising)
@Necessity4Fun as Sage Kaelber (OC)
megar megar as Josuke Higashikata (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)
@TheElenaFisher as Ciri (The Witcher 3) and Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
@Thexcentrichilean as Hershel Avad (OC)
@darkred as Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn) and Marius Titus (Ryse: Son of Rome)
@QizPizza as Alexis Tenshi and Gyst Lazarus Huang (OC)
allegedlydave allegedlydave as Archer (Fate) and Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles)
@jigglesworth as Captain John Price (Call of Duty)
bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 as Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) and Sprig Plantar (Amphibia)
@BoltBeam as Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
@Sayo-Nara as Dib (Invader Zim) and Lana (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon OC)
@BarrenThin2 as Reverentia Mortir (OC)
@FactionGuerrilla as Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption II) and Kassandra (Assassin's Creed: Odyssey)
StaidFoal StaidFoal as Corvo Attano (Dishonored) and Trixie Lulamoon (My Little Pony)
duskkyy duskkyy as Anne Boonchuy (Amphibia)

Intermission #1

Chapter One

Story Update

Mid-Chapter Update

Last edited:
"Well... that's just great, huh?"

He wouldn't even know where to begin. There's a point where you stop assuming this is some kind of strange Stand power... and he crossed that the second he walked in here. He's not really worried, no. Things were getting rough back there, but... everyone else can keep Morioh safe while he gets to the bottom of this himself. Not that he wants to keep them waiting.

It'd be a lot easier if Mr Jotaro was here, though...

Josuke Higashikata throws his hands back and stretches. Well, if he's the one who's gotta deal with it, then he's the one who will. Break through, beat 'em down, go home. Easier said than done, but... there's not a threat to Morioh's peace they haven't dealt with yet. Everybody else might have a whole world they're thinking about, but all of that is way out of his ballpark. He's got his small town dear to his heart... and that's enough for him to fight.

"Anyway!"

He clears his throat and politely bows.

"Hey there! My name is Josuke Higashikata!" He begins, voice carrying firm and proudly, "I'm a Stand user, and my Stand is called Crazy Diamond. It's a powerful close-range Stand and it has the ability to restore things to previous states! It's nice to meet you all!"

Normally it's smarter to keep Stands on the down low, but... that doesn't really seem like a luxury they have right now. Besides... he doubts he's going to see any of these guys again once they're done here. It should be fine to let them know how he rolls for now. Oh, but...

"Ah... I don't know how much any of that actually means to you, though. Sorry, I'm still getting used to this multiverse schtick. Please be patient with me..."

An awkward laugh escapes Josuke as he cautiously straightens back up.

Prologue: Beyond the Planescape

You were dragged kicking and screaming through the portal. On the eve of the Absolute's siege on Baldur's Gate, you thought you were ready for anything. Orin and Ketheric lie dead, and the worm Gortash came crawling to you. With his help the fate of Baldur's Gate was all but decided. Whether or not you would need him afterwards, well, that was yet to be seen. What you could never have seen coming was this.

Invisible hands reached through a rip between planes and dragged you in, flinging you across time and space before you had time to even blink. Your blood was still hot from battle; your mind still swimming with the images and sounds of your allies leaping from their bedrolls into combat with the unforeseen enemy. You grit your teeth, and the leather of your warhammer's hilt squealed under your clenched fists as you held it raised. It took a long time for the adrenaline to fade, and a forthright talking-to from Red Hood before you were convinced to stand down. With a deep breath you sheathed your weapon and stowed your fury to join him in the courtyard.

. . .

When you read the stories and fables of human kings kept in the great libraries of Menzoberranzan, King T'Challa was a far cry from the man you imagined. He stood away from his throne with his shoulders broad and his head held high. You felt a silent air of noble pride in his midst, and sensed you and him would get along swimmingly. If only the other recruits inspired the same confidence in you. . .

Josuke. An odd name for an odd man. You cannot recall ever hearing of so-called "Stand users" but his ability to reverse irreversible damage piqued your interest. And from the pathetic drawl to his voice, you reasoned he was speaking truth. Still, a demonstration was in order.

minthara frown.jpg
"Impressive, if true." you addressed Josuke, before turning to give Byakuya - that sniveling runt - a sour smile, "Perhaps I shall teach this eunuch his place by ripping out his mocking tongue. Then," you regarded Josuke again with that same smile, "you will have a chance to demonstrate your power."

megar megar

Medic and Frank West
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Red Hood, T'Challa)
Mentions: megar megar (Byakuya Togami)
(OPEN FOR INTERACTION)
Medic's Font = Germania One
Frank's Font = Tahoma

medic3.pngfrank1.png
--------------------
The MPF's congregation was a tragedy.

Saviours of the multiverse, they may be, but that meant they only appeared when something needed to be saved. Now, a terrible calamity had befallen them all. The indomitable army that marched under Ganondorf's banner struck first and caught the MPF unawares, cutting down innumerable swathes of their key personnel and entombing the rest in what little remained of the Cape. Only a few were lucky enough to escape with their lives and humanity intact.

Every single person, animal, abomination - every being able to stand here in Wakanda with the MPF was all that they had to fight back against the crashing tides of Ganondorf's invincible forces; a tide that if they alone were unable to force back to sea, would swallow the multiverse whole and drown it all in the name of Ganondorf's unquenchable thirst for power and stone-hearted tyranny.

Certainly no time for a song and dance.

medicdance.gif

"I kick my leg out - oh, I am so good, ja!"

Out came an excited-looking man who the upper echelons of the MPF knew very well. As one of their top scientists and best surgeons, his contributions to the organisation and... "unique" way of getting things done had drawn him considerable attention. The eagerness with which he pursued his duties had only grown since his recruitment in the wake of another multiversal, cosmic clash.

Marching out onto the streets of Wakanda with his Kritzkrieg in tow, he loudly hummed a Latin rhythm as he conga-ed his way towards the two clear authorities present - Red Hood himself, and another man in a black bodysuit who he wasn't entirely familiar with. Just before he reached them, he spun around once and threw a friendly arm around Red Hood's shoulder, inadvertently leaving a bloody handprint on his shoulder from his surgical gloves.

"Kamerad! Good - you're in one piece!" Medic applauded - given their situation, it really was a cause for celebration. "I must say, escaping the Cape as it crumbled around me was a rush I hadn't felt in a very long time! Ho-ho, erstaunlich! Ah, it's been too long since I've been on zhe frontlines!"

"Guten tag!"
Medic began, taking his hand off of Red Hood's shoulder and adjusting his glasses, stepping back slightly to acknowledge the bodysuited fellow stood with him. "A pleasure, my friend. Dr. Ludwig, at your..." Medic began, extending an arm for a handshake, before slowly retracting it after looking down and seeing how caked in blood and flesh and... something it was. "... aheh... perhaps not. No time to clean up after surgery, you see - with zhe whole complex collapsing... you know how it is."

"So, wait - you were telling me you fired a needle full of Hep C at a fire-breathing turtle?"

frankwhat.png

Moments after Medic made his presence known, a far more unassuming and certainly more infamous man walked after him.

Frank West. Photojournalist, MPF member... and killer.

If it wasn't for the assortment weapons and tools he was carrying that could kit a small army or a very zealous janitorial department, he would seem like a plain average Joe. Definitely not a person who should be on the frontlines of the battle for the multiverse's survival, regardless - but from the way he carried himself with both abject disgrace and implaceable determination, it didn't seem like he was going to let that stop him from being here. More manpower was always a boon, especially now - but the news about his unsavoury experience in the Gravity Falls incident had long since spread around the Cape. Suffice to say, he was far from the MPF's most beloved member.

medicface.png

"Oh ho, yes!" Medic chuckled, placing his arms behind his back and clasping his hands. "Gah, what a waste! Zhe things I could do with just a sample from him...!"

Perhaps it was for the best, he thought. It'd ruin the liver sample, after all.

Medic turned again to face Red Hood and his colleague - however, his lackadaisical expression and demeanour suddenly darkened, like someone flipped a switch. "Now," he began, leaning in. "I have tended to all of our wounded. Zhere should still be a few more arrivals inbound, but as far as zhe Cape is concerned..."

Medic shook his head. There's nothing left.

"This is all we can muster."

"I made acquaintances with zhis man while dragging him from beneath a concrete slab!"
Medic continued, his tonal whiplash enough to give them both a concussion as he motioned towards Frank with his hand. "Herr West, please, zhis is Herr Hood-"

"Yeah, uh, thanks, Doc." Frank interrupted, closing the distance between the two. "I'm pretty sure he's already heard of me, though. Not exactly the way I wanted people to know my name, but... I guess them's the breaks."

Frank paused for a moment, taking in the sight of the city. He, of course, revelled in the journalistic excitement of his situation, but more than anything, he revelled in his chance to make things right. Before long, though, he was drawn out of his stupour by the sight of a figure that was all too familiar to him. Black suit, thin glasses, piss-in-cornflakes expression... that was the Byakuya he knew, alright.

"Oh, you got him here, too. Fantastic. Well, it's gonna be great listening to him love the sound of his own voice again," Frank said, before directing his attention back to the two costumed men. "One thing's for sure - it's not business as usual anymore. What's the next lead we take? And when do we go to Gravity Falls? I haven't heard a word about it since the incident. We aren't just gonna leave that creep to run the place, are we?"

Last edited:
Razputin Aquato

Interactions: megar megar (Josuke Higashikata), Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)

1Qysok9.png

There were many, MANY things that Raz dreamt about happening during his time as a Psychonaut. Maybe he'd get his own archnemesis, his own True Psychic Tales issue, maybe even his own mentee! Well, it's a little early for the last bit, but even months after everything that's happened, he was excited for what was to come, as well as his family finally warming up to psychics and/or embracing their own abilities!

Unfortunately, things outside of that action wishlist happened - and certainly not good things.

Even the more experienced Psychonauts were struggling, Raz had never seen such beings outside of minds he's been in - even then, they weren't that horrific on the outside!

Raz had been trying to get to his family to make sure they were okay when he found himself pulled out of the path to the Questionable Area. It took a bit of a talking-to from Jason and quite a bit of panic before Raz was able to follow along to the heart of Wakanda, though he certainly wasn't soothed even after that. Who could blame the kid, honestly? Still, if this is what it took to help his family and friends, Raz was ready to take on the challenge... he just hoped that everyone was still standing when things are done and over with.

But enough context, what could be going on in the present for this Junior Psychonaut?

Raz listens in on T'Challa and Jason's exchange, offering a wave in return to Shuri's quick to follow instructions as he then heads over to the table Shuri worked at with the watches. He's quick to grab one, placing it on his wrist and adjusting the strap of it - not too tight to hurt, but not too loose that it'd fall off either. Huh... wonder if Otto had any gizmos like this. Must be pretty advanced if such a small device was gonna help them get places - and by the looks of it, Shuri made 'em herself! Well, he thinks she did, since she was working on one at the moment.

"Thanks for the watch!" He expresses, before continuing to listen in. Raz gulped at the thought of fighting Ganondorf. He was a Psychonaut - well, a Junior Psychonaut, he could handle it! He just hasn't had to physically fight anyone in the real world all that often, it'd make sense for him to be a bit unnerved about it. But it wasn't right this second, he had time to prepare! And he wouldn't have to handle things on his own either, which was a relief.

Okay, so questions, waiting for snacks, or getting to know everyone... he couldn't think of much to ask, nor did he think that standing around silently for something to eat would help him get settled. So, maybe talking to someone would do! It'd help him get his mind off of the what ifs, at least.

Raz turns to Josuke as he introduces himself, fixing up a smile and nodding along as though he knew what the Stand User was talking about... safe to say that Raz did not, however. But the ability sounded pretty cool, Raz was sure it could be used to their advantage depending on Josuke's creativity! He must have quite a bit of it, given that... unique hairstyle of his.

"Yeah, I...- I don't know what any of that means. But it sounds really cool, maybe you could show us!" Raz responds, gesturing his hands around as he spoke. He then looks to Minthara with widened eyes for a moment... jeez, that was violent. "Maybe don't tear it out, you don't know where it's been anyways."

Raz then puts a hand to his chest, nodding briefly. "I'm Razputin, but everyone calls me Raz. I'm..." He pauses for dramatic effect, putting a hand on the side of his helmet and putting his other hand out as he gets into his signature stance! Or, he thinks it could be his signature, imagine if they drew it on his debut issue's cover for True Psychic Tales! "...a Psychonaut!" Well, more of a Junior, but he's sure he could work his way up the ranks in due time!

...it didn't exactly occur to him that he might just be coming off as a kid playing pretend here, especially given the whole multiverse situation - these people might not even know the Psychonauts or have any psychics in their worlds! Still, he was very proud of his occupation.

"Alright, let's do things a bit differently then, yea?"

"Name's Hobie, Hobie Brown. I was bitten by a radioactive-according to them, anyway-spider, and for the past three years I've been the one and only Spider-Punk."

"Probably already know the rest, don't we?"

"Punched a couple of fascists. Played a couple of shows. Became public enemy number one with my unpermitted political action/performing art pieces. Got invited to some so-called "Spider Society". Became mates with someone who needed one. Got a few anomalies here and there, then helped one escape. Quit the 'Spider Society', mademy own watch out of some bits I nicked from the place, chewed out my mate's former pig dad, then went home and waited for her to start a band."

"Nothing much, right?"

"If you can believe it, things somehow got even strangerafter that. Not talkin' a supposedly radioactive spider strange, or a multiversal "Spider Society" strange. I mean a bunch of monsters fallin' out of the sky during a pitch black thunderstorm strange. And not the kind they make up to stop people from coming in here either. Actual monsters, ripping into just about anything they get their little hands on. A bit like ol' Thatcher, but dozens of them and somehow uglier. Only she had the decency to stay down."

"Next thing you know, I'm bein' dragged off by a guy with a red fishbowl on his head tellin' me that we gotta go. Told me something about 'Ganondorf' this, 'Twilight' that. Didn't have a chance to think about what half of it even meant before I got shoved out the door."

"You wanna know what happened next?"

hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1685734432.jpg

Hobie Brown - Spider-Punk
INTERACTIONS: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu), @Open for Interactions (perhaps brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy with Ming wink wonk)
Leader in red, watches, and a threat on a near-infinite scale? If he'd been spun around a couple of times and set down directly in front of all this, he could've mistaken it all for the Spider Society.

For about approximately three seconds before everything settled in.

...Alright, maybe the comparison wasn't
that warranted.

Hobie leaned against the wall near the back, mask still on as he examined the room in front of him. It'd been a bit much to sell to him at first, but as far as he could tell this wasn't some hoax or any kind of "canon event"; this was real. A bunch of scrappy underdogs versus a threat even greater than the world, gathered here to bicker with one another and hopefully be made into the kinds of "heroes" (which he was fully ready to judge anyone for saying by the way) that could take it down. Terrible odds as far as he could tell, but that was kind of the job of a Spider-Person to deal with those, wasn't it? It could've been just another person to save, or another corrupt establishment to smash for all Hobie knew.

He could only hope that some of the other Spider-People out there were handling the same odds as well as he was so far. Gwen, Miles,
Pavitr, and even bitter old Miguel didn't deserve to go down to horrible monsters like this. Especially not Miles, after everything he'd done to make it off of Earth-928 and get home. He deserved to see it through. They all did.

Until they got on beating those odds though, there was some time to settle in after all that mess on the other side of his portal. Hobie silently walked to the front of the room, picking up one of the watches and fastening it around the same wrist that he'd worn the Spider Societywatch on previously. Felt a bit weird, wearing something there again. Slipping back to where he'd previously been, he found himself leaning on the wall a short distance from the girl with an eye patch who'd dared to bite back at that self-aggrandizing little killjoy from before. Correctly so, if he might add. That kind of
self-mythologizing condescending crap was the last thing they needed right now.

"
Bit full of himself, isn't he? What kind of stuck-up knobhead thinks to boast about himself at a time like this?" Hobie stated offhandedly, jerking his head in the direction of Byakuya. "More than deserved a piece of your mind in my opinion." The volume he spoke at was far from a whisper, but not loud enough for it to be heard near the front of the room. As much as he'd like to chew that prick out, it was for the better to not go picking fights now.

illuminastandard.png

ILLUMINA
A FEW MINUTES AGO
1700718926785.png

Chaos. Imagine nothing but pure, unfiltered chaos.

"Go, go, move!"

A Blaziken stands outside of Kangaskhan's café, gesturing towards the path out of Lively Town. Desperate, panicked Pokémon dash past her, some of them nearly toppling over each other, some carrying children with them, others carrying what little they could gather from their houses before the attack. The darkness covered the town, the ocean, the mountains, stretching itself in every direction. A day so dark had never been seen since Dark Matter. And just like back then, no one believed they were safe, no matter if they chose to evacuate or stay.

A panicked Leavanny mother rushes towards the Blaziken, trying to catch up with the crowd, arms trembling as she holds her Sewaddle child to her chest, trying to comfort him as he wets her leaves with his tears. An arrow cuts through the air, and she looks up moments before impact. Her eyes close, and... nothing. She doesn't feel anything. She looks down at her child, only to see him squirming to turn around and stare at the arrow, and follows his gaze to see the arrow suspended in midair, a glowing blue aura surrounding it, and with a pathetic clatter it drops to the ground, harmless. A blue blur comes out from the darkness, hitting the offending goblin in the chest and immediately knocking it to the ground.

"You should go, miss. Don't want to fall behind too far," a daring, handsome voice reminds her from behind. She looks back, and her grateful, tear-filled eyes meet mine.

"Th-thank you!" she cries out before quickly running to catch up with the others.

I watch her until she meets up with the main crowd, one of the last few of the townsfolk leaving to take shelter in the mountains of the Water Continent. The Blaziken by the café nods her head to me, her guild badge worn proudly on her chest. I nod back, and smiling from ear to ear, I look at the town.

Cracked stone, destroyed market stalls... evil creatures unlike we've ever seen descending upon us... and the only thing standing between them and what's left of Lively Town is the defiant Pokémon who remain.

My sword comes back to me, nestling itself safely in my belt. I pat the hilt. Good job, Mistral and Atropa. That's my scabbard and sword names, respectively. Oh, don't look at me like that, I've got my reasons for giving my scabbard a name.

I leap down, my still-sheathed sword throwing itself at another group of goblins and smacking them silly. The air behind me shifts- an enemy. I jump up high, spinning around and smacking the creature behind me across the face with force like a whip, stunning it. My sheathed sword comes back and slams into its chest, taking it out of the fight. I stand up on my hind legs and grab the hilt with my forepaw, swinging it with enough force to send the scabbard at another large creature and hit it square in the face, rendering it unconscious as well; in another quick motion, I leap towards the scabbard, sheathing the sword and smacking two other creatures across the face. I land on all fours, chuckling to myself and twirling my sword in the air. As fast as I'd taken them out, more creatures had appeared. The grin stays plastered to my face as my sword starts to slide out of the scabbard, knowing full well what's about to come next.

An Aura Sphere darts out from behind them and bounces from monster to monster, taking out each one it hits, and in the midst of all the chaos a Lucario lands within the group, swiftly dispatching of nearby creatures with a Bone Rush. I dash into the fray, taking out any others with my scabbard.

"Hey, Lapis!" I shout as my scarf slips itself from my neck and wraps around neck of one of the monsters, dragging it towards the Lucario.

"Hey, Lumi!" he shouts back as he strikes the monster in the head.

"Tally-hoooo!" A third voice hollers before bolts of lightning strike the rest of the creatures, sending them all flying. An Ampharos walks up to me and my Lucario partner shortly after, his head held proudly high and a Porygon-Z in tow. "What's the status, my fine furred fellows?"

"Town's evacuated, guildmaster!" Lapis informs him as an Aggron barrels through a group of invaders behind him.

"Ah, yes, wonderful! Now, for the second phase." The four of us look towards the sky to find more of the invaders already raining down, my scarf wrapping around my neck again.

"GRAAAAAAWR!"

An enormous serpentine shape breaks through the clouds, whipping at the advancing army with its tail, destroying thousands at once. Even in the darkness, I'd recognize the glowing yellow eyes of Rayquaza anywhere.

"Haha! I was waiting for the legendaries to get involved! I almost feel bad for these ugly dudes!" I snicker. "Didn't think I'd ever be working alongside th- huh?"

The air behind me shifts again, but it's different from an enemy. I turn around, coming face to face with this... light, grey mist. I feel a tugging sensation- it's pulling me in?

"Hey, uh, Lapis, are you seeing this?" I say as I step back.

"I see it! What is that?!"

"DETECTING RESURGENCE IN HOSTILE PRESENCE," the Porygon-Z cuts in as more of the monsters surround us. "CODE: URGENT. NOW USING APPROPRIATE COUNTERMEASURES."

"Array, wait!" Ampharos yells, but it's too late.

The last thing I hear are the collective roars of Rayquaza and the small army of Pokémon defending the town, and Array monotonously saying, "HAVE A NICE DAY." Then the backblast of his massive Tri-Attack beam launches me into the mist, and everything goes quiet.

(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

1700718926687.png

CLOVIS
A FEW MINUTES AGO

1700719017589.png

Clovis' day had been truly horrible.

His long awaited revenge against dragonkind had been thoroughly ruined. Damn that Reni! Had it not been for her, he wouldn't have been reduced into some useless, tiny dragon body, with the only thing that could possibly come out of his mouth being pitiful whelps and whines! Just moments ago he was a *real* dragon, towering above all else, standing at the top of the world where no one else could!

At the moment, he can't tell whether he hates Nora or that damned Natani more. Maybe Natani- if it wasn't for that wolf, Reni would have never gotten the chance to reject his influence! If only he'd rejected her brother when he showed up at his doorstep with her soulless, limp body in his arms... let her die like she was supposed to! No- when he got out of this dreadfully pathetic form and back into his own, he'd make sure she'd regret everything she did to him. He'd reclaim his place as the most powerful dragon to ever live- his place as King Clovis!

At least, that *had* been the plan before the sky had gone dark, and the monsters came forth. When that had happened, Clovis found himself thankful he had landed in a forest.

The creatures rained down from the sky, tumbling onto the mansion before him, crawling in through windows, breaking through walls, crashing through the roof. Despite the magical defenses on the estate, the numbers of the invaders are so great that they manage to bypass it by the dozens; when ten of them get zapped away, fifty more take their place. Even now he can hear shouting coming from within, and no sign of that miserable dragon Reni emerging to defend it. Maybe she was too shaken up from having her energy absorbed by him. The thought at least gave him some solstice on this miserable day. What's more, maybe even Natani would get killed in the attack! Oh, if only he could do it with his own hands...

A rustle from Clovis' left side makes the mini-dragon's tail stiffen in alert. He slowly turns to the brush.

Nothing. Perhaps he heard something?

Unfortunately for him, a hulking beast as black as night jumps out from the brush and swings its arm at him. The dragon looks up, eyes wide in shock.

"Wark?" is all he can say before something yanks him from behind, into a mysterious thick mist where he can hear or see nothing.

ILLUMINA AND CLOVIS
NOW

Smack dab in the middle of the crowd, a portal opens a few meters off the ground, and from out of it comes a lavender cat-like creature. He tumbles down to the ground out of control, only to stop just a few feet before impact. The animal looks around with those big purple eyes of his. Oh, by the way? That little animal? That's me. Hi!

Look at all these weird... things here! A lot of them seem to be this variation of two-legged organism... not a lot of fur on 'em, though...

"Heyoo." I wave to everyone. "Does anyone know how to get back to Lively Town? Big invasion going on there, kinda need to attend the whole event, y'know?"

The air shifts again. Above me, this time.

"Uh oh."

I roll out of the way right as another portal opens and this other, uh, thing comes out. Looks like a Ninetales wearing a cape, except it definitely doesn't look like it stands on four legs...

1700719645530.png

"-AAAAAAAAAAH-" he screams in what I'm pretty sure is equal parts fear and rage. Right before he hits the ground, I catch him in my telekinesis and gently lower him onto the ground. Confused, he looks around at all the others surrounding us. "What- what are you all looking at-?"

His eyes go wide.

1700719815536.png

"I- I can speak..." The regal-looking fox glances down at himself. "And my body...! My wonderful, priceless self! I'm- I'm back! I'm back to normal!" he yips as he triumphantly throws his hands in the air. "Prince Clovis has returned!"

He quickly stiffens, placing his hands behind his back and adopting a more professional stance befitting his royal appearance.

"Ahem. Now, to whom do I owe my thanks for my rescue? I assure you, you will be paid handsomely for your noble actions." He looks around a bit more, his eyebrows raising at the sight of the buildings all around him. "My... what an incredible city..." he muses, envy already seeping into his voice. "I didn't know a place like this existed in Mekkan."

Last edited:
he.png
The Wanderer
Interactions: megar megar (Byakuya Togami), @Open for Interaction

The Wanderer had found himself in Sumeru City alongside Nahida at the time the sky had broken open, sent out to aid the Corps of Thirty in holding up the city. He'd tirelessly flown across the city, striking down monster after monster with the same Anemo power he used to carry himself through the sky. Yet every monster seemed to be replaced with five more, pushing the people of the city from the streets up into the tree that held the Akademiya as they fled further and further away from the incursion. This, it had seemed, was much the same as the Cataclysm that had once threatened to devour all of Teyvat, the skies blackening much the same over similar waves of monsters. Civilians herded like mere animals into tighter and tighter space as the howls threatened to drown out anything. It was sooner rather than later Wanderer again spoke to Nahida, accompanied by exhausted members of the Corps as they begged the Dendro Archon to open the doors of the Sanctuary of Surasthana as a place for more people to hide within. She hesitantly agreed then, cautious to allow people into the Sanctuary yet knowing what she had to do to prevent further casualties.

He said nothing then as he had watching as the monsters cut down more and more of the people below. Perhaps out of respect, and perhaps out of not knowing what. The people of Sumeru City had exhausted him countless times. They'd frustrated him, angered him, and had been easy to simply reduce into background noise. Simple as the hum of an insect behind him. Perhaps at one point he would've cheered to see such an incursion, maybe even been the guiding hand behind it. The victory of a hand finally striking a buzzing misquito. Yet now he felt nothing but a cold dread as he watched Nahida slowly fall more and more into distress watching the people who'd been entrusted to her be crushed as if she was powerless. An Archon left useless to do anything for her people. It hurt her, and perhaps in a way it did him as well.

There was a kind of failure in seeing himself unable to repay her in this time of need.

It was that failure that hung over him as he watched the darkness hanging over the entrance to the Sanctuary of Surasthana part itself into a lighter mist. That same feeling as he watched Nahida and this new stranger discuss the origin of the threat, left silent except only to offer his aid, reaffirmed by Nahida as the red-armored stranger turned his gaze on him.

That feeling he let become a weaponiable feeling of anger as he left with that stranger, that Jason Todd.

An anger he would use as he walked forward into that unknown with the promise of salvation.

That anger boiled over as he quickly found himself at odds with the scattered forces he found on the other side of the portal.

"'Intellect' and 'a sense of nuance' are the last things I'd ascribe to an ant, but who am I to deny the delusions of an insect?" The Wanderer casually spat back at Byakuya, his sneer audible in both his tone of voice and visible in the haughty expression on his face. He stood at the front of the room, allowing his annoyed expression to be visible as he stood close by. Boasting one of the watches from the front of the room on his right wrist, he had no interest in sitting here taking such misplaced arrogance from any of these strangers. As much as he needed this mission, he still lacked the patience for someone like Byakuya.

Especially for someone who so far seemed to lack any use at all in this place.

Byakuya Togami

Byakuya lets out an almost resigned sigh. Yes, it is the same as it ever was, even with more unfamiliar faces. He adjusts his glasses for a moment, before finally actually turning his head towards Minthara. That would be immense trouble if he doesn't nip it in the bud right now.

"Do you plan on threatening everyone nearby for this entire venture, or is this just how you greet people?" He is none too impressed, nor even the slightest bit intimidated. He's faced down much worse. "I'll hope it's the latter. As frustrating as some of you people can be, there is a certain level of co-operation necessary for this... I'm willing to do what is necessary. Are you?"

It would be nice if people actually tried to listen for once instead of acting like they already know everything, he thinks.

His gaze then turns towards the Wanderer, equally unimpressed.

"As for you, if you're going to spend your time throwing around worthless insults, at least make them creative. A child could come up with better than insects."

Todd certainly knows how to pick them.

Josuke Higashikata

"Oi, oi, hang on, there..."

Sensing that the situation will, in fact, get worse if he doesn't step in -- especially given he might have started it by bringing up Crazy Diamond's ability -- Josuke decides the wise thing to do is to stand himself forward and hold his arms out to his side, somewhere between Byakuya and his (maybe) aggressor.

"Let's not get too upset with each other, alright? I can show you what Crazy Diamond can do, but I'd really rather not have to do it for that. No ripping tongues out while I'm around. Okay? Okay. Great, thanks!"

He's really not confident this'll... work, but it's worth a shot, right?

"Let's be more like this guy, here! Raz, yeah? No idea what a Psychonaut is, but it sounds cool."

Josuke's introduction is met with a nod from Jason, "Good to have you here." The whole "Stand" concept isn't something he's entirely familiar with... but he gets the gist well enough, at least. The description definitely helped. He was about to say something about the threats of tongue ripping and the general escalation - but Josuke seemed to have that covered for him. Having someone else level-headed is a relief all on its own. That's one more level-headed person than before.

Besides, he's soon got something else to deal with entirely...

"Glad to see you're in a good mood," Jason responds to Medic with only a slight grunt as the arm is thrown around his shoulder. It's no surprise. After their little venture across the stars, he expects nothing but joviality from the Doc. He'll have to wash out that handprint before it dries, though... eugh. The swift recounting of that very incident is enough to pull his attention away, though.

tumblr_inline_n9meaz61wV1s81zze.png

"Trust me - it was about as batshit as it sounds," he swiftly responds to Frank, before nodding. "We'll be heading to Gravity Falls first, actually. Freeing it from Bill's grip is the first step in taking everything back from Ganondorf.

There's a quick pause before his voice lowers slightly.

"Just... try not to worry too much about what you did there, alright? What matters here and now is that you're here to help. So long as you do that?" he makes a wiping motion with his hand. "Water under the bridge, far as I'm concerned."

Unfortunately, there's little time for much of an exchange after that. Jason's attention is promptly drawn away from Frank as screaming is heard, courtesy of someone he doesn't even recognize. He gives the... creature some kind of lookover, but doesn't think much more about it. It's no surprise that some stragglers wound up here, after all. Multiversal travel has never exactly been the finest technology around. He simply raises a hand in response to him, hoping to get his attention.

"Yeah, hi. Guy who saved you here. In case you didn't hear any of that, the entire Multiverse is on the verge of total collapse. You wanna repay me? Grab a watch."

40806776eb47d9c3eb845e492d2b4a30c7576e50.jpg

T'Challa, meanwhile, smiles at Clovis, "Thank you. We pride ourselves on our incredibility."

Red Hood then proceeds to turn his head down, meeting the gaze of the small talking animal that seemed to have arrived alongside him. It almost reminds him of that one from the Cosmos Incident... only that one was a whole lot more talkative.

"Dunno if going home is an option, hate to say it. Especially not if it was under attack by a bunch of shadow monsters before you got here."

Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow megar megar

Up until she'd been approached, Asuka had made it a point to stay as silent as possible. Actually having to talk to these people wasn't exactly on her agenda - no matter how much that idiot wearing the red fishbowl tried to push for them to work together. But then... someone talked to her. And at the very least, his first instinct wasn't to insult her. She supposes she could waste her time talking to worse...

tumblr_oh2h1l4ZwF1vy2tgqo4_400.pnj

"He's probably just compensating for something..." she calmly responds. "I can't say I blame him for wanting to show off and make a good first impression." She knows, not very long ago, that she would have cared to do the same. Her attention is suddenly drawn away from Hobie, though, as two more people join the group. The first is some unremarkable middle-aged man... all that his presence tells Asuka is that these people must be pretty desperate to pull in a guy like him...

But the other guy? Well, his presence seems to change the girl's mood entirely. Her eye immediately brightens as she hears his voice - now much wider and facing the light. A sparkling blue iris is revealed in its wake. She even begins to slightly blush from the suddenness of it all. A German, here? And a doctor at that?? It must be a dream come true for Asuka. Sure, he's definitely a bit too jovial for his tastes... but from how he's talking, she can't even say that she cares too much. An experienced, German medic right here! She can hardly believe it!

fc3f6352c31eae1a9bd798627a05381516fa195c.pnj

"O-oh! Oh! Herr Doktor~!" Asuka excitedly waves him over, wasting no time in showing off her German heritage. "Herr Doktor, over here! Ich komme auch aus Deutschland~! (I'm from Germany , too!)"

FoolsErin FoolsErin Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins

c83633c3032aaf5308a25d19856ca33f32968b85.jpg

"It's nice to meet you, Raz," Shuri chuckles in response to his eagerness, right as she finishes up on the last watch in the pile. "I've never heard of a Psychonaut... but I guess we're all learning a lot of new things today, huh?" There's another laugh before she returns to fine-tuning the remaining watches on her workbench. "I would love for you to tell me about it sometime, though. Preferably when the Multiverse isn't on the verge of collapse."

She turns to face Josuke, before lazily motioning in his direction with her free hand and promptly getting back to work.

"The same goes for you too, by the way. And anyone else with some cool, otherworldly thing they want to show off."

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy megar megar @AnyoneAround

Razputin Aquato

Interactions: megar megar (Josuke Higashikata + Byakuya Togami), Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Shuri), Jeremiah Jeremiah (Minthara)

1Qysok9.png

Raz's stance falters a little at the exchange between Byakuya and Minthara, watching as Josuke moved to cool things down between them. It looks like he had it handled, at least...? If not, Raz can likely telekinetically hold Minthara back, he has been getting a bit stronger with his TK!

He can't help but smile though as Josuke mentions that they should behave more like he was, puffing out his chest proudly! His eyes then widened, visibly taken aback as Josuke revealed he had no clue what a Psychonaut was! Were there really no such things?! I mean, maybe he should have figured that this was a possibility, but as stated prior, it didn't occur to him. "You don't know the Psychonauts?!"

And then Shuri revealed the same! What kind of world were these people living in?! I mean, c'mon, Raz went his whole life dreaming of being a Psychonaut - then those dreams came true! Still, it was hard for Raz to imagine a world where they didn't exist. There's only one thing he can do now, despite Shuri's preferences...

"Oh man, they're so cool! They're psychic secret agents who help people all around the world, I'm one of them! Well, a Junior, but still one of them!" Not so secret if Raz is blabbing about them, huh? "Ford Crueller started it all and formed the Psychic Seven, and then they formed the Psychonauts themselves! I know all of them in fact - one of them's my Nona!" Sure, he knew them personally rather than as idols now, but he still couldn't help but find it plain awesome that he got to know the Psychic Seve-

Wait a second.

Raz blinks a few times as he comes to a realization.

"...if Ford's dating Nona, does- does that make him my grand-uncle?!"

...odd time for him to come to that conclusion, actually. He still was conflicted about Ford - he wasn't blazing with fury at the Psychic Seven member anymore, but he still messed up terribly and affected his family greatly! And he wasn't sure if he could forget, even if he might be able to forgive with enough time.

Looks like Raz's ramblings got derailed by that whole possibility.

Alright, let's do this one last time.

My name is Jin Ming. I was injected with a radioactive spider's venom, and for the past three years, I've been the one and only Spider-Lily.

At least, I thought I was 'til now.

You'd think that being a superhero would be more eventful, but... being honest, it isn't like those comics or shows I hear people talking about on the streets. I mean sure, I've had my fair share of struggles with some bad guys, like that raspy-sounding person who keeps calling himself a goblin...

But it just gets really, really repetitive. I wake up, I train, I go patrol, sometimes I fight someone and-slash-or help people, then I go home and train some more and help Father with his work. That's the routine, always.

I used to think it'd be neat if there was something more, something new. Like maybe a new bad guy or a chance to finally get out and live like a normal person! Not that I'm complaining, it's my purpose to help everyone - things would go awry if I suddenly just stopped, not to mention that Father would be really disappointed... it's just a wish, that's all.

But maybe I should have wished for something else. I didn't think it would come true - not like this.

There were tons of new... can I even call them your usual baddies? They didn't even sound human, or like anything I've ever dealt with!

I tried my best, I really did.

I don't know if Father made it out or if I failed him and New York.

All I know is that I felt someone pull me out, got the rundown of some multiverse trouble - well, 'trouble' is putting it lightly - and now I'm here, away from home.

I just hope things turn out okay in the end. I don't want to be too late, I don't want to fail Father and the city - or the rest of the world, really.

Jin Ming - Spider-Lily
Interactions: FoolsErin FoolsErin (Hobie Brown - Spider-Punk), Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka Langley Soryu)

66941697_ff1ZYtyaJ7htiI2 (1).png

Ming listens carefully to Jason, seemingly knowing much more about this situation than she did. She was still clad in white, black, and blue, keeping her mask on. She wasn't exactly used to having it off outside of home, after all. Despite the circumstances, she still wanted to wait 'til she cozied up a bit to her newfound allies. It was a sudden bundle of creations connected, and she wasn't quite ready to put her full trust in them just yet.

Her lenses narrow at Byakuya's words however, finding the Ultimate's words to be rather rude, honestly. He had to be provoking Asuka on purpose, and possibly everyone with how he referred to the others like they were idiots, it was ridiculous! Ming wasn't one to handle bullies, criminals were more her style. Still, the blind spider already had quite a distaste for the Togami based on his words alone.

Hearing Hobie's words to Asuka from where she stood (surprising to most, but rather normal to Ming - she was quite sensitive hearing-wise, after all), Ming felt an odd sense of familiarity... like they were similar in some way. It was that same sense she felt in dire moments, but for once, it wasn't prior to or during a time of need. It just felt like she found someone like her, someone who may understand her.

She stepped towards Spider-Punk's voice, not bothering to grab a watch just yet - she wasn't entirely sure where it was after all, she couldn't see where Jason had motioned towards T'Challa's sister either - with so many people around, she would rather not go around asking each and every person if they were Shuri.

Spider-Lily was about to speak when Asuka responded to Hobie, then deciding to pipe up there. "There's better ways to make a first impression than acting like you're above everyone, really... well, there probably is. I don't go out often." That was partially true - she couldn't and didn't exactly go out for fun or interaction, her outings were solely to fulfill her purpose. Despite not being a social butterfly out in her world however, it felt off how Byakuya was talking about everyone.

As Asuka greets the Medic however, Ming tilts her head, facing in the direction of Asuka's voice as she speaks to Hobie. "...you wouldn't happen to have a translation, would you?"

Spider-Lily figures she should ease into that sense she felt from prior rather than jumping straight to it. Jason did say they should get to know each other, after all, and she doesn't want to drive Hobie away, especially with that possibility of familiarity.​

Last edited:
Josuke Higashikata

Josuke listens -- surprisingly intensely, firmly nodding along to every word that comes out of Raz's mouth. He might be a kid, but... well, Josuke knows kids with impressive Stands, alright. Anything's possible. Including psychic secret agents...

Might actually be one of the coolest things he's ever heard of.

Still, as the kid goes on, Josuke nods less and lets out a contemplative hum. Yeah, he gets that, too, in a way. So he just squats a little, reaches out, and pats Raz on the shoulder.

"Complicated family, huh? Yeah, me too. Try not to overthink it, okay?"

It's simple advice, sure, but he thinks it's important. He knows how stressed he was when he learned about his dad -- it was a lot to take in all at once. And then he thinks about Hayato, too... it's better kids don't need to worry about this stuff.

Josuke pulls himself back up and glances around with a grin crossing his face.

"Not too hard, right? We can all play nice!"

Byakuya Togami

A low hum rings out, and Byakuya speaks along with it.

"...Byakuya Togami. Current leader of the Future Foundation, dedicated to rebuilding my world. And since then, protecting it," he coolly explains, only then folding his arms and turning his gaze away once more, "There. Satisfied? I don't know why you're so insistent on this happy-go-lucky behaviour, but..."

He trails off after that, only shaking his head. He doesn't have any need to overshare with veritable strangers.

Josuke Higashikata

"Great, great! That's what I like hear!" Josuke gives a bright thumbs up and an equally shining smile. "And what about you two? What's goin' on?"

Mediator wasn't exactly what he was planning on doing, but... who else would do it?

It had come with little warning.

The day just before was a peaceful, idyllic day.

A day without a word of major conflict; perhaps an argument at most.

The mid-spring sun sat in a cloudless sky as the afternoon spring breeze rolled through.

Then, the storm settled in.

It didn't take a genius to figure out something about this was off.

The way the heavy clouds moved as though they were dancing on strings, how it hung in the air and blotted out the sun entirely.

All the signs pointed to an incident; and nothing quite as small as many that'd come before.

Yet, there weren't any newcomers, there wasn't anybody coming out of hiding, no realm opening or scheme plotted - nothing of that familiar sort. This was something else.

Anxiety hung heavy over Gensokyo as the usual group of Incident Resolvers returned empty handed.

There had been nothing to do but wait and prepare.

It didn't take much longer for the metaphorical gates of hell to open.

They came in massive hordes - waves upon waves upon waves of bizarre, otherworldly creatures that seemed to have no goal but slaughter. Gensokyo's Resistance was as fierce as their attackers; The people of this land of illusions would do anything to protect their home, and their way of life. But for all their numbers, their power and their talents, there was not even a slight lull in the invaders offense.

Not a moments respite, nor a second's break. The waves were truly endless.

The residents of Gensokyo could do nothing but keep them at bay, eternally treading water against an unstoppable, endless tide.

The ground was scorched, the air hang heavy with smoke and residual energy - much of Gensokyo had been levelled by the onslaught with only scant few structures still standing. A few of the weaker, but cockier youkai had gone and gotten themselves killed, and so had some of the humans within the village.

Gensokyo really had seen better days.

Marisa Kirisame, one of Gensokyo's premier incident resolvers, was working behind the front lines. There was no real reason to get all picky and choosy about when and where you helped, just as long as you were doing something. Lotta people were back here - the strongest folks were up front - Yuuka, the Vampire Sisters, Suika, all those sorts. Marisa's job specifically had been tending to the injured, creating strength-restoring potions and tonics, and creating bottled spells. It felt a bit strange for her and Reimu to be in the back, but... well, there was first time for everything?

It was as she was working alongside the shrine maiden, that a new mist had appeared; grey and stationary. The man in the Red Hood didn't have the luxury of time to explain in detail, but it was clear that he at least had some kind of knowledge on what was goin' on as he quickly tried to hurry her and Reimu through the mist.

Really, she thought this was fishy as all hells. It'd take a good nudge - metaphorical or literal, to just walk into this kinda thing.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, The Gap Youkai, Yukari Yakumo, appeared between both magician and shrine maiden from a tear in the fabric of space and time. Her usual tricks, but instead of merely coming to bother Reimu over some trivial nonsense as per usual, she had purpose in her violet eyes.

"A pair of incident resolvers who aren't working on resolving the incident at hand, are a pair of slackers."

35908f94121c4cca3e55332e3f8591b3.png

Her usual honeyed voice was serious, yet carried with it a playful undertone - a reassurance made forged into a naught but a mere voice.

"Go on, get moving. Gensokyo will still be standing by the time you return."

And then, the gap hag have a gentle shove to Reimu and Marisa both, urging them towards the grey mist.

"...Y' really that sure?" Marisa hesitated, even at the gap youkai's reassurance. "A'ight, then..."

She was just a bit uneasy at the prospect of just leaving Gensokyo; leaving everything she'd ever known and loved, behind to follow a red-hooded stranger to god knows where. Sure, she's always liked to flirt with danger, but there was danger, and then there was sticking your head into something that looks and smells like a death trap. Marisa took a deep, deep breath, and exhaled sharply. In that moment, her mind was made up.

If there was any way Marisa Kirisame was gonna die, it'd be doing something stupid.

And so, Marisa Kirisame looked back at Reimu Hakurei with a dumb smile, and took her by the wrist as to stow the shrine maiden's own potential fears as she ran through the portal, dragging the Shrine Maiden through with her.

Marisa Kirisame ~ Ordinary Magician

1aefb8ba370085e75023ffd285fb5014.jpg

As the world on the other side of the grey mist came into view, Marisa Kirisame couldn't help but awe at just how different it all was. She'd heard and read quite a fair bit about the outside world, stories from that Usami girl interspersed with forgotten magazines and books and novella served to paint a very different picture then what she saw infront of her. Yet, she couldn't help but see what all those sources had meant - massive buildings of metal and glass that touched the sky, a village that stretched as far as the eye could possibly see, rolling hills of greenery that seemed so foreign to the rest of the city.

Turning around, Marisa looked around at the motley crew of colourful individuals that she presumed had been gathered here under the same pretenses as they had. Some of them looked as uneasy as she felt; a feeling she'd have to shove into the back of her head for now, while others seemed to be adapting and chatting away like it was nothin' but a big gathering. She'd get to know them in a bit - first, she had somethin' else that needed doing.

The magician quickly slipped up to the front and grabbed a watch from the man named T'Challa's sister. As she took a watch, she hooked her pinky around a second one and slipped it right out of view with one quick movement as she pretended to inspect it. Looked like some of those wrist-clocks the people of the Outside World liked to carry around. It was sleek as it gets, all polished black. With a few words of thanks, Marisa returned to the shrine maiden she'd left all alone for a minute or so,

"Oi, Reimu!" She sauntered back on over to her friend with a toothy smirk on her face, holding up a pair of watches; the freebies being handed out by the girl up front. "Went and snagged you one too." Opening Reimu's fingers, Marisa shoved the watch into the girls' hand whether she wanted the watch or not. "Pretty sure she would've just given it to me, but I wanted to see if I could slip one past 'em." Really, the only reason she'd goen as far as to grab a second for Reimu, was that she hoped that a little mischief on her part would be of any kinda reassurance to Reimu. She slipped the watch on and secured it with dextrous fingers. It felt a bit foreign to have something like this on her wrist, but she'd get used to it.

Hopefully.

Last edited:

Blake Belladonna ~ From Shadows

433cd5163c34886a1c90a32e08251f0c.jpg

It was only a matter of time.

Blake Belladonna was a lot of things; a complicated woman, with a complicated set of circumstances.
The few things she's been able to do right, is constantly shadowed over by the endless amounts of mistakes she's made. She led her team into a fight they couldn't win, her insistence on chasing the White Fang cased millions of dollars in damage, not to mention the loss of life both during the battle with the stolen Paladin, and during the breach. Ever since she got involved in all of this... she's never felt like she's ever done any better. A passenger on a train that she couldn't leave. She wanted to run away and forget, she desperately wished she could flee and disappear.

But, foolishly, she'd allowed optimistic words to reach her. Words she'd have treated as cliche not but a few months ago. And because of those words, she joined the MPF as a reserve member.

And now, a man she'd called a comrade lay dead. Not at her hands, or at her blade. But at her foolishness. She should've recognised the trap that Cobblepot had set for what it was, and yet, she didn't. Kuai Liang had died from her incompetence, and nothing else. 'But there's never time to mourn for the dead', she thought as her watch rang.

He, and many others before and after would inevitably be marked as nameless sacrifices towards an invisible 'progress', towards 'future', towards 'liberation'. She felt... wrong, to compare the two, but she had to wonder if they knew that this was the same rhetoric that Adam had taken to. How many bodies do we need to pile, before we're 'done?'

She didn't know.

And that scared Blake.

But she had a duty, regardless of her personal feelings at the moment. She knew that the likes of Cobblepot had to be stopped; and their corruption had to be excised from Atlas. But for now, it had to wait. Stepping through the grey mist, Blake Belladonna regarded Jason Todd with a wordless, but hesitant nod. With that, she stood off to the side; distant from the many others that had been gathered

Her marching orders had been given; the faces of the crowd were mostly unfamiliar folks of all colours and shapes. No Faunus, of course. Reaching into her pocket, Blake pulled out her Scroll. Just to pass the time, she opened the E-Book that she'd been reading before the call came in.

"Still standing... I'm gonna hold you to that. Look after the place while we're gone."

A breath.

"...Love you, okaasan. Please be safe."

It was the last thing she said before she was dragged into the mist. There was really nothing else she could think to say. Everything going on was just all wrong and she was sitting back, without even the firepower to do anything about it. The thought of leaving was even worse. She wasn't afraid for herself, no. She's never held any fear of that. But leaving the place she was sworn to defend and protect with all of her heart... she can't stand it.

But she has to leave it to them. She has work to do.

Reimu Hakurei
Now that she's here, in a place even more unfamiliar, like she's walked little more than a foggy legend, the nerves finally catch up. Reimu's gaze scans the world around her, and she comes up short for an explanation. It's like nothing she's ever seen. And she can't stand it -- not one bit.

"...Oi, Marisa. We're not planning on buddying around too much, are... we...?"

She trails off as she realises Marisa had simply walked away to try and swipe the watches before she could even start talking. Some things never change. Marisa couldn't just get them normally, no, it always has to be stealing them even when she would be free to take them. Reimu isn't sure she'll ever understand that kind of attitude. She's hardly even the biggest victim of it -- she's quite sure that Patchouli's assistant genuinely wants to kill Marisa sometimes.

But all the same... it lets her relax, just a little.

"...Thanks, Marisa," she finds herself answering, tone as dry as it ever was.

The watch is taken, carefully observed, and then slipped on. It feels foreign to her wrist, like it shouldn't be there. Reimu decides on the spot that she doesn't like this place at all. It all feels so... unbearably artifical. She'll be here because she has to -- but not for a second longer. She has a home to save and return to.
"Anyway, what I was saying... let's not try to be too friendly," she begins as she starts to look around, gaze now focused on the people over the place, "I trust okaasan's judgement, but this is still shady as it gets. We don't know any of these people. Just stay close to me, okay?"

There's a part of her that's aware she's partially saying that for her own sake, but... what's wrong with that?

The silhouette that coalesced into form beside Blake Belladonna did so quietly, gently, unintrusively. Only when Blake's eyes registered two shadows where there should have been one did anything seem amiss. Motes of a serene azure light came off his edges, lifting off his shoulders draped in red and his stark white hair like specks of dust eager to be free. Arms folded across his chest and eyes shut firm, he seemed more aloof than anything else - as if Blake herself had managed to slip beneath his notice. His lips curled downward in a slight grimace that deepened at the voices around him, just slight enough for Blake to see through his exterior to some extent.

He opened his eyes, rugged silver like a battle-worn sword, and looked to his right, and to the person standing beside him. One look was all it took to communicate the point - he hadn't chosen to appear here by happenstance.

"If you've the time to kick back and relax with a good book, then our circumstances are fortunate, indeed.

If not... then you can do something for me."

Archer

"Don't mistake me - I am here for the same purpose as the rest of us. The preservation of the multiverse, was it? Dire straits, indeed."

Archer's gaze passes over the crowd in front of him with unnatural precision, and yet a weightless ease. As if he's taking apart every figure in turn in a matter of seconds.

"And you," he points with his index finger to Blake, "seem to know the man in charge. Am I right in saying that? I've only known one person brazen enough to act so familiar with someone they've never met." He closes his eyes for a moment and chuckles in amusement at something only he seems to know. "For both our sakes, I pray you don't take after her."

Archer's eyes, again, glance over the line-up - taking special care when taking apart Jason Todd, though it's all the same to an outward observer. As he does so, he carries on speaking.

"I'd like you to tell me what you know about this place, these people, and what we're up against. In exchange, I'll tell you all I know about myself, my abilities, and why I'm here. Does that sound like a fair trade to you?"

isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Last edited:
(Note: Clovis' origin comic is not for anyone under 18+ due to mature themes! Please don't read it if under 18!)

CLOVIS AND ILLUMINA
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Jason Todd, T'Challa)

1700767466622.png

"So this city's people are yours?" Clovis asks T'Challa, tilting his head in curiosity. "Hm."

The fox then turns to Jason again. His dilated red eyes, set against that striking yellow of his sclera, peer through the man as if analyzing him deep down to his very core. Something about those eyes seem empty, almost as if they lack any real... soul behind them. And, even his smile seems genuine, someone as experienced as Jason could tell that it's a snake's smile, happy not for others but just for himself. I can tell that, and I'm a Psychic-type who can't even read minds! Don't judge, we all have our specialties. Clovis keeps his eyes fixed on Jason for what feels like a moment too long before finally deciding.

"Very well. It's only fair, after what you've done for me. Now, if you don't mind, do inform me what this 'Multiverse' is..."

"Multiverse... like... multiple universe," I cut in as I look up at Jason Todd, flashing him a REAL smile. "That's what you mean, right? Countless realities, each one different. Sometimes by a drop, sometimes by an ocean. Or... something like that." I snicker. "Just repeating something I was told once, so if I'm off the mark, direct all the blame to this big white and purple two-legged dragon, his name's Palkia. You can't miss him."

"Oh, how interesting..." Clovis turns his weird looking eyes to me, scanning me from head to tail. Bit weird, but I guess I've been looked at weirder. "You must be from one of the Cat Clans. I've only ever heard about your kind."

"Well, uh, bad news, I guess it's staying that way, 'cause I don't think I'm what you think I am." I turn back to Jason. "You said the multiverse is on the verge of collapse... and you mentioned the shadow monsters. Those two are connected, aren't they? Is my... universe... not the only one under attack?"

"Not if... your universe," Clovis says the phrase as if the concept of multiple universes is a foreign concept to him, "...was attacked by the same ones who invaded my land."

"Depends. How ugly were they?"

"Horribly."

"Dark sky?"

"Of course."

I turn back to Jason. "So then that means-"

"-you're telling us multiple universes exist," Clovis interrupts me. "That they are being attacked by these monsters... and you have a way to remedy this. Using these... 'watches,' you called them?"

Last edited:
Despite Shuri's prior words, she can't help but smile in response to Raz's sheer enthusiasm. A quiet little chuckle escapes her as he goes on about them. The passion alone is enough to draw that out of her. As he trails off into other thoughts, another chuckle leaves her while Josuke moves to comfort him.

"Yeah, what he said. Try not to let those thoughts get to you," she off-handedly responds. "We don't want them distracting from your big mission, after all."

With that, Shuri rocks a bit on her knees as she turns back around, toward the workbench. She promptly gets back to work on more watches.

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy megar megar

"Well... these people are just tourists," T'Challa lightheartedly responds to Clovis with a friendly smile. His attention is stolen away soon after that response, though. His gaze finds Blake and Archer before long. Mainly, the latter asking the former questions she wouldn't know the answer to. "Excuse me for a moment..." T'Challa nods to him before turning his full attention to Archer and Blake.

88c30939e26a5e1ae4704a2a2a12a687b0fecc92.pnj

"If it's answers about Wakanda that you're looking for, then something tells me you would be better off asking its king."

allegedlydave allegedlydave isupposeimphi isupposeimphi CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

tumblr_inline_n9meaz61wV1s81zze.png

Blake's nod is met with one from Red Hood as well, and nothing more. It didn't take long at all for someone to approach her, and something tells him that she needs her space right now, more than anything else. They've never met before now, but he knows who she is. Most people at the MPF do. The Tesseract Incident and its survivors were all pretty much top-ranked members - reserves or not. Not that Jason ever really cared about the particular hierarchy or anything... that was always beyond his pay grade.

Instead, he turns his attention back to Clovis and Illumia.

"You guys are pretty much on the money there," he nods to them both. "The watches are what let us jump between universes. They're what's gonna let us get through this. They also act as two-way communicators with the group... so, you know. Don't lose 'em. Or break 'em. Or fuck with 'em."

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Archer

"Hm?"

Archer perks a brow and turns to face T'Challa at his approach. He stands and listens, his gaze cast up to the impressive spires looming overhead. When T'Challa is finished, he nods firmly.

"So that's what this place is called - I see."

In a gesture that might have proven unexpected, Archer holds a fist to his chest and bows gently at the waist.

"Forgive my indiscretion, Your Majesty. I doubt I have to say that this place is not familiar to me."

Upon the gesture's completion, Archer stands back to his full height and returns his arms to his sides. He tilts his head and narrows his eyes with surgical curiosity.

"I'd like to know what brought everyone present here together. You, your allies, and these strangers. What common cause do we share, specifically?"

Archer pauses, folding his arms and gazing off to the side, into the indistinct mass of the crowd.

"To be concise, I was not summoned here by the same means as the others. My presence is evidence enough that all the world is at risk. The sooner I have an understanding of the situation, the sooner we may take steps to eliminate its cause."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

"You don't need to bow. That's not something we do here," T'Challa quickly corrects - though his polite smile indicates that he isn't really upset about it. "To answer your other question, though, it is as Red Hood explained. All of our worlds are at risk - including your own. Some of these people..." he briefly gestures outward. "...have met before. Others are meeting for the first time. If you did not arrive here by the same means as everyone else, then it's possible that you were pulled in as an effect of everyone else's arrival. Multiversal travel is hardly a technology we have a full grasp on - let alone have the means to perfect. However..."

9f6669e4c1810772f6225968ad49db5692b222db.jpg

"Accident or not, it is my belief that if you are here at all, it must be for a reason. Some may call it a coincidence... but I would perhaps call it something closer to fate."

T'Challa reaches over and grabs a watch, before handing it to Archer.

"Therefore, it would be an honor for you to join us in our fight."

allegedlydave allegedlydave isupposeimphi isupposeimphi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back