• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Legacy Pollentia

Natealie

A Mask of Nyarlathotep
This is a story without a beginning, and without an ending. At first, that can sound like a paradox, as do not all stories require a beginning and an ending? They do right? It is not definitive, as there is no set rule that a story must possess those things. After all, does life not always go on?

On the Isle of Pollentia, many reside. The place is a freaking mega city after all with its' own rights as a country. The island is host to SCALES, the organization created by the United Nations to maintain the balance between good and evil, which if left unchecked can apparently cause unfathomable calamities. The U.N. is still pretty sore about the whole aspect of necessary evil, but it is what it is. The base for SCALES is also an academy for the supernaturally gifted, know as Legacy Academy. This school trains people to use the abilities that they have acquired in their lives, through various means, for the purpose of preserving the balance between good and evil. Heroes, villains, and just neutrally aligned students all attend Legacy Academy.

But within the city, unbeknownst to most, there lurks a dark secret. More specifically, ten dark secrets. This is not just a story about an academic life of young superheroes and villains. No, this is a story also about the ten secret societies which also live on the island, and the power struggles between then all as each tries to achieve their goals.

How will you write your story?

Welcome to Legacy Academy.

Last edited:
And Let's Get this Started
Over the horizon one could see it, the Isle of Pollentia. The ferry was fast approaching the man made island. It was odd though, for the island also had notable forests and other areas that seemed so natural. Was this island actually artificial, or just merely repurposed? Whatever the case, the city was impossible to ignore, as it was in fact huge. At the top of this all sat the academy, where the newcomers would now live and learn.

An announcement went over the loudspeakers.

"Hello everyone. We will be reaching our destination shortly. If any of you have any questions or just want someone to talk to I have some time to kill so I'm on deck. If none of you show up I'll just keep grinding the elite four so I might as well help you guys."

This was the representative teacher that was sent on the ferry with them. It would appear that she was willing to listen to any concerns, but wasn't going to make the meeting mandatory. In a way that could be considered considerate.

In another way it could be considered lazy.

Erin had just been sitting against a wall as usual. She felt out of place due to the lack of shadows. "My god me it's just something for your powers it's not like you require them to live." She was used to a shadow being somewhere but at this point the sun was on everything with the only shadows being cast being her and everyone elses shadows. Which she could not use for her powers sadly. "Odd that peoples shadows where the only shadows I can't use. But why, there has to be a reason for it. Everything has a reason, I just gotta find the reason why my powers work the way they do."

fbw5QIi.png

The dragoness jumps slightly as the loudspeaker comes on, her elf-like ears twitching as she listens in on the woman who speaks over to the future students whom are on ferry. Huh... Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask the woman about it? Kaiko hops down from the box she was sitting on, before slowly walking out to the deck.

8XrU3xr.png

Upon spotting the teacher, the female smiles softly, walking swiftly and gracefully over to the other. "Hello! My name is Kaiko. I'm new here." ...That's obvious Kaiko. "I was wondering how the building looks, exactly? We have dorms, yes? Will we have roommates? Are they organized by year, or do we get stuck with anyone for fellow room dwellers? Are there any snack vendors on premises?"

Holy shit Kaiko, don't bombard your teacher with all these questions at once.

Front quarters of the Ferry:

As the ferry comes closer to the pier, Thomas opens his eyes and finishes meditating. Gazing upon the magnificent sight that was a supposedly artificial island. "Legacy Academy... I've been waiting for this day for a long time, the day that I find the true meaning of my power." Thomas says to himself as he stands up, and watches as nearby students gather to look at the island.

"I'm not one for confrontation, so let's try to avoid freezing anyone this time around." Thomas chuckles to himself as he anxiously awaits the departure.

Makan looked up from her game, stared at the dragoness, and thought. That was a metric shit ton of questions, and she personally thought none of them mattered. They were really all details, minor things that wouldn't exactly impact their lives too much. Well save for the roommate question, that was a bit important. But the majority of these Makan just honestly did not feel like explaining. She was not particularly good at painting pictures with her words. So in place of that she closed her 3ds and stood up. The teacher was of average height, and honestly could pass for a teenager if she wanted to. The most striking thing about her, other than her apparent lack of grounding in reality, was the odd belt that she wore. In place of a buckle there was a strange device upon it with a myriad of buttons, switches, and holes. It was quite the curious thing, and looked like it would require someone incredibly intelligent to operate it.

But regardless, Kaiko was handed a pamphlet.

5.png

"The pictures in there describe the island and dorms better than I ever could. As for roommates the procedure is that you can opt for your own room, but it is smaller if you do so. We're not for want of rooms, despite being a major institution. If you want to specify roommates by year or whatever you can do so, but if you don't care you can just be paired up with whoever. Of course, the individual rooms are gender segregated, but floors are not for the most part. Really it depends on which building you're in." Makan explained. She thought she was no good at this, but if she really was as bad as she believed she wouldn't be able to be a teacher in the first place.

7.png

"You also don't have to worry about food. There are vendors on campus, you all will have meal plans, and there's no shortage of options in town. If however you wish for recommendations I can tell you that The Milky Way is my favorite place to eat, but not strictly for their food."

4.png

"And before I forget again I'm Makan Tsugumori, one of the teachers at Legacy Academy. But that should be obvious."

3OKf3E8.png

"Ah..." The dragoness lets out a small surprised exhale as she is given the pamphlet, looking down at the paper in her hands, delicately turning the pages, skimming it. Her elf-like ears twitch as she listens to the female.

zKD1xwP.png

The female's bronze optics glance up at the other, smiling ever so gently. "I see. Thank you very much." The female nods softly, and looks up at the other again. "The Milky Way... I'll keep that in mind. I'll just look for the place with the same name as the chocolate bar. Eheh."

PVV5mfs.png

Kaiko giggles a bit. "A-Anyway... Hehe... My name's Kaiko. Kaiko Hikea. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Tsugumori! I hope I wasn't much of a bother." She smiles brightly at the teacher.

Erin had just been sitting against a wall as usual. She felt out of place due to the lack of shadows. "My god me it's just something for your powers it's not like you require them to live." She was used to a shadow being somewhere but at this point the sun was on everything with the only shadows being cast being her and everyone elses shadows. Which she could not use for her powers sadly. "Odd that peoples shadows where the only shadows I can't use. But why, there has to be a reason for it. Everything has a reason, I just gotta find the reason why my powers work the way they do."

Sketchbook tucked under one arm, with a pencil in the opposite hand, Koruma calmly strides over to a wall seemingly selected at random, and sits down cross-legged across from the young, lightly tanned, brown-haired lady who seems to be uncomfortably figiting in her seat against the opposite wall. He pops open the snap latch on the sketch book with one hand, and deftly extends the lead on his pencil with the other. He flips open the sketchbook to a blank page, then proceeds to look around him.

Seeing not many other people around and deeming this spot sufficiently quiet, he clears his throat and speaks out to the girl.

"Hey. You there. Acting like your sitting on a bag of needles. Would you mind if I sketched you for a bit? I need some time to think, and you look like a decent enough subject. You wouldn't need to do anything, just keep sitting there for a bit."

Last edited:
Erin was spacing out a bit until someone asked her the oddest thing. Of course she had no real complaints. Maybe it would help her. She gave a little nod. "I got no complaints. If it helps you any just draw away." Erin was going to do it just because the black haired man looked like he needed something to do. "But why me?"

Caligena Caligena

Upon hearing approval, Koruma flashes a relieved, encouraging smile at the girl, and sits up a bit, sets his pencil down and pushes back the rolled up long sleeves of his shirt.

"Ah, great. Thanks."

He immediately grabs the pencil back up, a faint muffled jingling noise coming from his chest and there's a faint glint of metal shine around his neckline. Closer examination would easily show it's a chainmail undershirt.

He looks down at the open-faced sketchbook, bringing it closer to his face, and almost touches the pencil to the paper, but halts just short as you say 'why me?' He peaks up over the top of the spiral binding at you.

"Huh? What do you mean, 'why you'. You look nervous, and so I thought I'd try and help. And besides, you are moderately attractive, from a subjective standpoint, at least."

Koruma retracts his head back behind the sketchbook and speaks from behind it as he starts drawing.

"Try and relax. Look out at the ocean. The waters are nice and calm today."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_msa5l01BJY1qz4rgp.jpg

"Think nothing of it. This is what I get paid for after all, so I have no problem answering your questions." Responded the teacher. "If you have any more, then feel free to ask. I will answer as I am able to." She made sure to add that last part. After all, she couldn't exactly be responsible for information that she did not know now could she? Of course not. That would just be unfair.

tumblr_inline_msa5ktnZmk1qz4rgp.jpg

"If you don't mind me asking though, what exactly brings you here? I mean, judging by your questions and your presence here it's clearly the academy. But what I mean is why here? Why do you want to come here? I'm just curious. After all, you might end up being one of my students." The teacher said to the dragoness.

"I swear if I was any other girl I'd assume you were flirting. And yes the water is calm." Erin decided to follow the guys instructions and relax a little. "This is good right. Just ask if you want a specific position or if you like me being me for this."

Caligena Caligena

Glancing back and forth between the paper and his new subject, he doesn't stop drawing as he answers.

"Don't let it go to your head." He chuckles at thought of it. Him? Flirting? Simply ludicrous. He shakes his head with a grin. "Just keep being you. Just... like... that..."

Sticking his tongue out slightly in concentration, he resumes fervently sketching.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

As Thomas gazes upon the water around him, he notices out of the corner of his eye a pair of fellow students. "Hmm... One seems to be sketching the other, that's one way to pass the time."

Thomas decides that his curiosity has overtaken his time to read, and pulls out an old copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird."

As he pulls his bookmark, he begins to studiously read the book.
"I keep coming back to this book... And yet not one bird dies..." Thomas then begins to chuckle at the irony of the title, and relaxes as he continues to read.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Caligena Caligena

Koruma pulls his tongue back in, erases for a time, then brushes the bits away with the back of his hand. After making sure the paper is clean of debris, he sets his pencil down and folds along the edge near the spine, then tears the sheet free in one clean movement. He holds the individual paper up and scrutinizes it.

"Yes, I think that will do."

He stands up, brushes off the eraser bits off his pants with one hand, and walks over to the girl, paper in the other hand. He holds the paper out towards her.

"Here. Do with it what you want - frame it, crumple it up and throw it away, burn it."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Erin took the picture and got a good look at it. "Nice job, Gotta say you must have done this for a while. I might send this to my mom so she has a good picture of me. You'd be surprised how protective my mother was." Erin couldn't blame her mother, it must've been scary to see her child just sink into a shadow after all. "But thanks, I'll just be here and see if someone else wants to talk. See you again whenever... I guess."

Caligena Caligena

"Yeah, I'll probably see you around the academy sometime. The name's Koruma, by the way." As he gives those remarks, he scoops up his pencil and sketch book, closing it and refastening the snap. "Thanks again for letting me sketch you."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Last edited:
"Yeah, no problem. And good luck with the academy stuff." Erin sat herself down again still a little anxious. But no longervisible to anyone. Besides the guy was right it did help.

Caligena Caligena

"You too."

Koruma gives the girl a final once-over look, nods, and turns around and walks in another seemingly random direction.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi
~~~~

He casually meanders in the general direction of the bow of the ship. Gazing forward out onto the open waters, the island approaching in the distance, he thinks "Maybe I'll take a quick sketch of the island from this shot."

As he approaches the front railing area, a young man with striking white hair and a katana catches his eye. "Someone with a weapon! Okay, play it cool, Koruma..." he thinks to himself, a mildly excited smile quickly spread across his face. He shakes his head to regain composure, and leans forward against the rails without trying to seem suspicious, but still keeps sneaking glances at the katana, trying his best to keep his mixed curiosity and excitement under wraps.

Legostrife Legostrife

Elliot spent the first part of the ferry ride bent over the the ship's railing, his hair swooping and tangling in the wind. He'd heard once, probably ages ago, that you could measure how fast a boat is traveling by dropping and then catching a knotted rope. Perhaps, he'd thought, in a moment of what he thought was brilliance, that he could do the same by merely spitting over the rail. This method didn't really supply the young man with a number he could use for reference, but no matter. Most of all, he was bored. It didn't take long for Elliot to grow tired of spitting, his throat dry. He sighed, mildly disappointed that the people that stood a few meters away weren't exactly the wildest bunch. He began to watch the other potential students nonetheless, and quickly one caught his eye. An older boy was leaning against the railing, just as he was, yet he was periodically stealing glances across the way. Elliot took a mental note of the book the other student held, and recalled vaguely overhearing small talk of drawing. When one's in a boring situation, it's best to socialize, no? He strode over to the stranger, pleasingly undetected. He clapped a hand onto the taller student's shoulder, despite the fact that Elliot was about a foot shorter than him, in order to get his attention. "Hey!" he said, probably a little louder than what was appropriate. "S' that a sketchbook? Can I see it?" He made a move to grab the book, half smiling.

Caligena Caligena

Having been captivated by the prospect of meeting someone else with a weapon, Koruma jumps visibly at both the sudden drop of a slim, yet rough hand on his shoulder as well as the boisterous voice.

"Ah! H-huh?" He whips around, a startled look in his eyes.
"Oh y-yeah, sure." He takes a breath to regain composure, and flashes a polite and friendly smile at the shaggy-headed blond guy.
"Just be careful with it, because the rest of my sketchbooks are in my bags, and I don't feel like having to get into them before we dock."

He laughs lightly and hands the young man his sketchbook.

v i n e v i n e
(If he opens the book, he'll find that all the pages have either been ripped out or are blank, all save for the inside of the front cover, which reads in cursive "Stay safe, son." in the bottom right corner.)

Last edited:
Thomas continues reading his book when he notices a fellow student with black hair, and a sketchbook in hand. "Heh... Seems like I'm not the only one here who has an interesting hobby, let's see what holds his interest on this part of the ship."

Thomas closes his book with the bookmark on the page he left off, and puts it away in a hidden pocket in his jacket as he approaches this fellow student with curiosity. "H-Hey... I couldn't help but notice that you have an affinity for drawing, seems pretty interesting to say the least." Thomas said to the fellow student as he crosses his arms with interest.

Caligena Caligena

Surprised at having caught the attention of the person he was half-stalking, half-envying, Koruma quickly turns back around to the white-haired boy, simultaneously panicked at all the attention he's drawn to himself and ecstatic at the opportunity to start a conversation with the katana wielder, a sheepish smile on his face.

"A-ah, yeah. I draw in my spare time." Koruma scratches the back of his head, semi-embarrassed.

"Th-that's a nice katana, by the way!" he says, pointing at the boy's side. "I'm a fan of swords, myself actually."

Legostrife Legostrife

"Interesting, I mostly either read or meditate." Thomas says as he notices the fellow student take interest in his katana.

He pulls out his katana, in sheath, from his side holster. Then holds it in front of him to show.
"Yeah, I inherited it from my father. I see it as an extension of myself, and a useful tool of defense." Thomas slowly puts his katana back into its holster, and chuckles a bit at how stylish he sounded.

Caligena Caligena

Starstruck at the sight of such an otherworldly weapon, it's all Koruma can do to keep from drooling. He shakes his head to refocus and refrains from resuming his fish-mouthed look of awe.

"Yeah, I can totally understand you on that front. I got mine as a keepsake from my mother."

With this, Koruma excitedly pulls his sleeves back again, holds his arms out and proudly shows his very thick metal bracers. The bracers' metal is a dull-shiny grey of some kind, and there is an intricate pattern etched onto the top. However, it is very apparent that he is showing a pair of basically arm-guards in the context of swords, and he seems to forget this.

Legostrife Legostrife

Users who are viewing this thread

Back