• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Legacy Pollentia

46.png

"Ugh, fine. I was just saying that I'd protect you is all." She responded, visibly annoyed. She didn't intend to stay on the subject, and was upset that they thought she was the type of person who would do so.

Regardless though, if you ask Makan Freaking Tsugumori to talk about The Milky Damn Way, she sure as hell will.

45.png

"But yeah, the place is huge. It's not like a mall though as that would imply a myriad of stores. I guess the technical term would be an entertainment complex I suppose. But really you can call it whatever you want. It is huge, but there's enough staff there so that the place is still pretty fast with your food even when it gets busy. Pivot cares about things like that. You could probably even get part-time work there if you wanted to apply. A lot of her employees are students working there part-time after all." Makan told the girls. She always had a lot to say about The Milky Way and her friend.

Thomas nods in response, chuckling as he witnesses the two copies of his sword merge into one greatsword. "WHOA!! Okay, now that's cool!" Thomas says to Koruma with delight, seeing the prayer that's inscribed into the blade.

"I don't think mine has any symbols... Not that I know of, at least." Thomas says, chuckling as he's still in awe over Koruma's weapon.

Caligena Caligena

Natealie Natealie Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

C2LwpYu.png

"Wh-What?! Really?!" Kaiko's eyes widen in shock, before practically sparkling with excitement. "Ah! Do they have DDR? How about Pachinko? Ohhhhh.... That sounds really fun...." The female's eyes glisten.

gE7aeGF.png

After a bit the dragoness realizes how excited she sounded about games, and blushes, glancing away. "I... Uhm.... S-Sorry...." The dark haired female stutters, fidgeting a bit, her ears twitching as she fidgets in embarrassment.

Koruma gently brings the point of the greatsword down to rest on the steel toe of one of his boots, laying his hands on the pommel and looking down at it.

"The thing about the prayer is just a legend, though - nobody actually knows for sure. I got to hold it once in an interactive museum, though, so can you bet your arse I took that opportunity to copy it!" He looks up at Thomas with a proud grin.
"I think that's enough for now, though."

The rubies flare up once more, and the sword melts and separates symmetrically, collecting once more at the leather under-guard of each of the bracers that was left behind during the transformation. They harden once more into the thick bricks of pattern-engraved metal, and Koruma rolls his sleeves back down.

"So... yeah, that's what I do..."

He coughs awkwardly, and then scratches the back of his head, looking up.
"So... what kind of things do you do?" he asks, trying embarrasedly to divert the topic, then realizes that Thomas might not feel comfortable talking about his own powers, so he clarifies, "Err... hobby-wise, I mean..."

Legostrife Legostrife

Erin decided to ask her own questions regarding games "Oh please tell me you have those Light Gun arcade machines. Those things are the best in my opinion. Though DDR isn't half bad either." She wouldn't mind doing a quick game of that despite the amount of attention that game gathers.

Natealie Natealie DragonessWithin DragonessWithin

Makan smiled. Yes, these two were also nerds. They had much to discuss.

4.png

"Naturally they have all of those. And they have quite a selection of games by genre as well. You know how wine tasters are a thing right?" She asked the two. "And how they can discern the fine properties of a drink through smell and taste. Well, Pivot is kind of like that for games. Through playing them and understanding the lore and mechanics she's able to offer only the best for her customers. Honestly, it's quite fascinating to watch her at work. She's always able to pick up on something that I've managed to overlook. She'd make a great teacher if she ever wanted to work at the academy." The woman smiled. It was obvious just how highly she thought of her best friend.

Thomas watches in amazement as the greatsword reforms back into his bracers, and becomes a bit surprised when asked on what he does...

"Well... I read from time to time, I meditate, and I do delve into mainstream technology sometimes." Thomas says to Koruma, twiddling with his hands behind his back as he nervously contemplates explaining to his new friend what his power entails.

"As for my power... It would be a lot easier if I showed you." Thomas says as he holds his hands out to Koruma, signalling him to touch them as they begin to glow a light blue aura that runs off of his hands like mist.

Caligena Caligena

Koruma smiles as Thomas mentions reading and meditation, as he very much appreciates a good book and quietude.

When Thomas asks him to touch his hands, Koruma looks in wonderment at them as they emit the blue, frosty aura.
"U-uhh... Okay?"

He hesitantly reaches out with one hand and gingerly places it on the back of Thomas's closest hand. Koruma's fingers are notably warm to the touch.

Legostrife Legostrife

The aura glows a bit brighter as Thomas closes his hands, and creates an armor of ice around both of their hands. It's noticeably warm on the inside, and freezing cold on the outside.

"I can control ice at will, and weaponize it through my sword... Oh, and make ice gloves..aheh.."

Thomas chuckles a bit as he pulls out his katana, and raises it to the air as a bright blue light projects out of the tip of the blade. Spreading out above them, and forms a cloud that releases snow onto them softly.

"Hehehe... Never gets old."

Caligena Caligena

Pulling back his hand gently, he examines the ice closer, looks of equal parts surprise, curiosity, and bewilderment dance across his face.
"Th-this is fascinating!! This certainly brings a whole new meaning to 'winter gloves'."

He looks up at the cloud above them, and then focuses on a particular snowflake, following it with his eyes as it gently floats down and gets blown behind them by the wind as the ship glides through the water. His eyes sparkle with wonder as he seems to be solely dedicating his attention to the snowflake as it falls, and he smiles.

"That's awesome, Thomas!!"
He look down at the glove again.
"So how strong is the ice?" he says as he taps the back of the ice gauntlet against his bracer.

Legostrife Legostrife

Looking at his hand that's encased in ice, Thomas feels the texture and clenches his hand into a fist. "From what I know, it's like wearing a metal boxing glove." Thomas says to Koruma while he quickly defrosts his hand, as well as Koruma's for good measure.

As Thomas puts his katana into it's sheath, he looks out onto the sea. Sighing as he brushes his hair out of his face.

"Would my family be proud of me for doing this? Or is this just another short detour... Either way, it will be different this time."

Caligena Caligena

Koruma shakes his head and smiles as he leans on the bow railing, feeling the gentle sea breeze on his face. He gazes out at the approaching island and his expression waxes hopeful.

"I really think I'm going to enjoy my time at this academy, ya know? At least, if even half the people are as fascinating as you are."

He turns around so that his back is to the rails and leans back on them, resting his hands on the railing.

"I love people," he says, his hair blowing across his face. "I love watching them, I love seeing how they interact, I love all the things that make up the personality and characteristics of every single person, individually."

He half-frowns contemplatively.
"I guess that makes me rather odd, in that regard. Oh well." He shrugs.

Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
"Yeah, I hear you there..." Thomas says, gazing upon the island that's approaching towards them.

Thomas suddenly spreads his arms out, feeling the wind push against him as he closes his eyes.

"With new surroundings bring new beginnings... It's moments like these that make life worth living, and the opportunities that come with it all the more satisfying." Thomas says gracefully as he opens his eyes, and maintaining his composure as he looks onto the island.

Caligena Caligena

Koruma looks over at Thomas in all of his serenity, Koruma's lips drawn in a relaxed smile.
"I couldn't agree with you more."
He looks back toward the island, thinking to himself, "Nice to see there are some other hopeful people still admidst us," and he waits silently as the ferry comes closer and closer to the school and their new lives.

Natealie Natealie Legostrife Legostrife

After a short while the boat finally landed on the island. It was certainly a sight. The pier wasn't too crowded honestly, but signs of life were everywhere. To state the obvious, it was clear that people lived in the city.

A few people would approach each of the prospective students and offer to transport their luggage to their respective living spaces. Of course they could keep any personal bags that they might need. They were not trying to rob anyone here. These people all wore the same uniform and if asked would state that they were upperclassmen. They were mainly of the Hero Track, as that was kind of their thing. However another organization seemed to be involved with this public service. IT appeared to be called the Mythos Exchange. Either way, they seemed like nice enough people.

2.png

"Well then, the opening ceremonies are going to happen in a bit. Seeing as you all are basically my group now I'll leave it up to you if we head there now or if you want to do something different. It's all the same to me as long as we're there in time." Makan let them all know. For a teacher, she was pretty damn laid back.

As they land, Koruma takes back his sketchbook from the blonde boy next to him. "Sorry, I'll be needing this back."

A young lady of small stature from the Hero track comes and takes his only two bags - a military-style duffle bag and a shoulder-mounted canvas bag just big enough to hold a few sketchbooks and pencils - he smiles and graciously accept her assistance, but holds onto his sketchbag.
"That duffle's going to be about all you can manage, miss," he laughs, knowing just how heavy that bag was, as well as judging from how much she was struggling with just that weight alone. "I also still need this bag," he adds, seeing the slight frown of offense flash across the girl's face. The girl shrugs and takes the duffel bag away, tottering slightly under the weight.

~

Koruma's ears perk up at the sound of the lady who was possibly going to be to be their teacher, and turns around to face her direction. "I wonder who else here is taking the neutral track" he thinks, glancing over at his new friend, Thomas, then to the shaggy haired gentleman to his other side, then to the small group gathered around the young teacher.

He found no objection with going straight to the ceremony. There would be plenty of time to sightsee after, and during the course of school. "And besides," he thinks, "wouldn't it be better to get the ceremonies done and over with sooner? No sense in making them wait."

FLmF4Ee.png

Kaiko looks shocked at the sheer amount of people from the Hero track waiting for them on the landing site. Wasn't... This a bit too warm of a welcome? Her elf-like ears flatten harshly against her head, obviously a bit discouraged. Was the whole island going to be full of people? Jeez...

9BjlZA5.png

She offers two of her bags to the first student that walks up to her. "Sorry there isn't much in it. I didn't own much back home." Although the bag is technically heavy, it's made up of mostly games, books, figures and dvds, and in the other bag, clothes. Kaiko didn't exactly live an exciting life, after all. She spent any of her time that she didn't use walking around or fighting, hoarding entertainment items. ...Not far off from a dragon hoarding treasure, actually.

She truly is a dragon, after all.

Erin noticed that shadows were beginning to show up and was as happy as can be. She began to hop around the group from shadow to shadow. "Oh my god finally. Shadows as far as the eye can see. And with every shadow is a new place I can go. And so long as shadows are here I can jump for who knows how long my powers can go!" She let out a happy shout before jumping some more. Not too different then a little kid who just got off of a long car ride.

As the boat finally docks onto the pier, Thomas exhales deeply as he begins slowly walking onto land. As he glances at the sights, he notices other students wearing matching uniforms and gesturing to carry luggage. Seeing as Thomas only had one bag for his belongings, this didn't concern him.

A young lady wearing one of the uniforms offers to take Thomas's bag.
"No thanks, I can manage it myself. Thanks for the offer--"

Thomas stops as the lady is eyeing his katana, and slightly glares at her. "I-I best be going to the ceremony."

As Thomas is heading down what seems to be the Neutral Track, he notices Koruma is heading the same direction. "Well, I'll be damned. You heading to the ceremony too?" He says to Koruma, cracking a bit of a smile.

Caligena Caligena

Koruma, who had just started walking toward the Neutral meeting area for the ceremony, perks up his ears and turns around to face Thomas, slowing his gait to a halt.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I figure there'll be plenty of time to sightsee later. I just want to get the opening ceremonies over with."
He bashfully averts his eyes downward, pulling his one side of his mouth tight in an ever-so-slight half-frown, and readjusting the weight of his sketchbook sidebag.
"I'm... let's say, not the best at handling busy crowds and the incredible ruckus they inevitably bring..."
Rubbing the back of his head with one hand, he puts back on a sheepish grin.
"Buuuut I can't avoid it entirely, so I might as well grin and bear it, right?"

He lets his hand fall back down to his side and slightly cocks an eyebrow.
"So, changing topics, you've decided to run with the neutral-track crowd, huh?" he says, gesturing to the group that had more or less formed loosely around the young teacher from the ferry.

Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
"Yeah, I can understand that." Thomas says to Koruma, passing through the crowd as he tries to catch up with him.

"But yes, I'm going the neutral route. It's the fine line between good and evil, and I can never choose between the two."

As Thomas finally walks beside Koruma, he maintains a steady pace as he notices most of the students rushing in front of them to the ceremony.

"Welp, I think the ceremony's starting soon. Let's go!" Thomas says to Koruma excitedly as he makes his way through the crowd of students.

Caligena Caligena

Makan decided to take a breather for a bit. It had been a bit since she got to relax. She wanted to take full advantage of it. And so she put in her earbuds, took out her phone

And noticed the time.
tumblr_inline_msa5x8K1qn1qz4rgp.png
"... Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff..."

tumblr_inline_msa5zwLTuc1qz4rgp.jpg
"GUYS! We actually arrived late!" She announced to the crowd of students. "The ceremony is going to start soon. Erin get out of the shadows and everyone follow me!" Makan did not fuck up, it was the boat people who fucked up. But Makan motherfucking Tsugumori was not about to let the mistakes of a bunch of nautical numbnuts negate the efforts that she was making for this group of students. She waved the students over and began to guide them swiftly to where the ceremonies would take place.

Welcome, to Legacy Academy

Where Makan led them, was to a large building which looked quite odd and felt quite reverent. It appeared to be a large cathedral, but it was hard to discern the exact faith which it belonged to if any. Students were led inside and the amount of money that had gone into this place if not already apparent was made abundantly clear. Stylized carvings, statues, and other works of art were present and tastefully placed throughout. Once again, they showed no ties to one particular religion, but rather a multitude of faiths. Others had nothing at all to do with religion whatsoever! It was all quite the spectacular sight, and one that would be easy enough to return to if one wished to contemplate something.

Makan led them deeper to the main hall and they were assaulted by a view of rows upon rows of pews, stained glass, and other forms of architecture. She instructed her crop of students to sit in one of the rows and followed them in after. There was an altar in the front as well which looked incandescently beautiful.

Oh and also this place was packed with the other students and teachers. Despite this though, the area was unnaturally calm. It was as if something about this place enforced that idea onto all within it. Makan informed her students that soon the Headmaster would arrive and begin with the opening ceremonies. As was common knowledge, the Headmaster was a woman named Alkaid, a veteran of The Tragedy. More importantly however, she was the founder and leader of The Seven Heroes and also of SCALES. This woman was the single most influential Hero in the world. She was literally a living legend. Wasting no time, this legend walked onto the stage and took a spot behind the altar to begin her speech.

She looked like she was seventeen.
tumblr_inline_nts0l59fr61s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Hello all, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. As you have most likely gathered, I am Alkaid, the Headmaster of Legacy Academy." She spoke, addressing the students. Her words had an odd effect to them, as every syllable seemed completely honest and true. All of her words seemed pure and free from any form of corruption. Was this what it meant to be a legendary hero? More than that, there appeared to be a certain sense of fairness to her words despite not speaking on the subject as of yet. It was as if she was willing to give all of them a chance at this to accomplish what they had come here for.

"On behalf of all of us, I would like to welcome you all to Legacy Academy and the Isle of Pollentia. It is my fondest hope that each of you achieves what you truly desire here, well, within reason of course." She smirked. "I know that moving to a new place might be stressful and all. Believe me, most of my early life was spent moving around the world. But I want you to know that your faculty is here to support you. We aren't going to baby you, but if you need help with anything, feel free to come to any of the staff, your teachers, or even myself with your problems."

"I'm not exactly the best at giving speeches so I'm going to try and keep this short." She admitted. It looked like even this superhero had faults. "There is one thing though that I want to make sure that you take away from this though. You CAN succeed. You CAN thrive. And you CAN make a difference in the world. Even if everyone else is against you, you are all my students and I believe in each and every one of you. And I hope that you can believe in me as well. Thank you for your time, and I hope that we all can enjoy out time together." The Heroine concluded, bowing maybe a bit too dramatically to the thunderous applause of the masses. She exited, waving back to all as said masses began to discuss their impressions of what had just occurred. Swiftly however the teachers restored order, including Makan herself.

20.png

"Ok, so we made it. Well, I can take you to the dorms now if you want, or I could take you all out for food to celebrate." She smiled.

4.png

"Think of it as a sort of welcoming party." Maybe this woman actually was a halfway decent teacher in disguise. "Oh! If you have any questions about this place or what just happened though, feel free to ask. Well, if you have questions about anything at all you can ask me." She offered the group.

After the ceremony finishes, Koruma stretches his arms above his head, fingers interlaced with the palms facing outward, and readjusts the weight of his shoulder bag.

"She seems like she'd be a very interesting subject. Probably won't get the opportunity to find out, though, what with her being the headmaster and all. Busy girl, I'd imagine." he thinks to himself.

As the teacher/current group director speaks up concerning a group decision, he raises a hand, offering "Couldn't we head to the dorms, drop off our stuff, and THEN go out to celebrate? I mean, it's still fairly early in the evening; we still have plenty of time to do whatever."

@Natalie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back