• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Legacy Pollentia

Thomas examines the fellow student's bracers, and nods with great interest. "Not exactly swords, but still effective weapons nevertheless." Thomas regains his composure, and pushes his hair out of his face as the wind blows his direction.

"I never got your name... Sorry, just curious." Thomas turns to the student, and holds out his hand. "I'm Thomas... Thomas Nexus."

Caligena Caligena

Koruma laughs whole-heartedly and relaxes a bit, having finally broken the awkward tension. He smiles and take the others boy's in a firm handshake. The fingerless gloves on his hands are warm and feel like they've seen quite a bit of use.

"The name's Koruma Murasame. But feel free to call me whatever you want."

"And about the bracers..." He turns his head the side while still looking at you, the corners of his mouth curled into a semi-mischievous grin. "...Should I just show you? It'll probably be easier to explain in a demonstration."

Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
As Thomas shakes the students hand, he learns of his name and chuckles in delight at his request of a demonstration.

"Koruma... That's a nice name, and I'd be grateful if you could demonstrate." Thomas says with confidence as he steps back to observe, and focuses his attention towards Koruma.

"This will be interesting..."

Caligena Caligena

Natealie Natealie

KlzDsNO.png

Kaiko is half tempted to ask her how much she gets paid, but decides against it. That'd probably be a bit too personal, and she doesn't want to come off as rude. Her chocolate hues blink, before she shakes her head. "Nothing comes to mind right now. Thank you."

npRfO0F.png

A look of surprise crosses the dragoness's face for a brief moment, before she grins at the other. "Isn't everyone just here to hone their skills? I'd like to be a Hero, and..." She pauses, her expression turning serious before the female continues again, "...and I'd like to prevent anyone from suffering the way I had when I was younger."

keKUKQw.png

The female's expression brightens at the mention of a chance of her being the dragoness's teacher. "I hope so! I really enjoy talking to you, Miss Tsugumori." The black haired girl clasps her hands together joyfully.

"Awesome!" He claps his hands together happily.

"Okay, so there's two ways I could do this. One way requires me to borrow your katana for 5 seconds, and then I'll give it right back. The other requires you to give me a semi-decently detailed description of a weapon. The first option would be preferable, but the second will be fine if you aren't comfortable with loaning me your sword."

Legostrife Legostrife

Upon hearing her words Makan began to remember her own past... It freaking sucked man. So she instead tried to focus on the moment. It took a bit, but she was able to overcome those thoughts. She then thought of happier things, like how she was pretty much the greatest Pokemon player around. But then she once again addressed the dragoness.

tumblr_inline_msa5wjxVzM1qz4rgp.png

"That is a noble goal I'm sure. Sorry to pry though, I'm just trying to see if I can predict how well you'll do here. And from what I'm hearing you should do well in the Hero Track if you decide to pursue that. And if you're looking to hone your skills then you've definitely come to the right place."

tumblr_inline_msa6drllYo1qz4rgp.jpg

"I'm sure that you'll have me at some point, seeing as I teach several classes. Most students have at least one of them before they graduate. Though I am aligned with the Neutral Track." She explained. Teachers were aligned with one of the three Tracks of the academy. This simply meant that they had influence on the curriculum of that Track. Students from any Track could wind up with any aligned teacher. But they wouldn't have somebody like Makan teach Advanced Criminal Techniques for example.

"I'm comfortable with you using my sword, it can only be used at full power with my touch." Thomas explains to Koruma, unsheathing his katana as the sunlight reflects off of the blade.

With the katana's hilt facing Koruma, Thomas hands him the katana with ease.
"I trust you know how to use one of these, just use it with caution..."

Caligena Caligena

The sparkles in his eyes are almost literal as Koruma graciously grasps the hilt with utmost reverence. He holds the grip in one hand and rests the blade on the other, and bows.

"Thank you."

He rises from the bow, and, holding the sword in the same manner as before, turns it to look down the length of the edge.

"A clean, sharp edge... Razor sharp... Very nice!" he says, rolling the sword back and forth, scrutinizing it thoroughly. He runs his fingers along the flat of the blade, carefully feeling the waved hamon pattern on side of the edge, then running his fingers back down the spine.
"Incredible worksmanship..."

He smiles again and brings both hands to the hilt and grips it in a combat stance, pointing the sword away from the two companions to his sides.

"Let's do this, then."

He closes his eyes and concentrates, and then both the ruby inlay on his ring and the small ruby shards on both of his bracers glow faintly at first, and then, over the five seconds, seem to slowly grow brighter and brighter until they look like they're sparkling brilliantly in the sun. After exactly five seconds, suddenly Koruma opens his eyes and the rubies stop glowing and go back to their normal duller colour. He smiles and slowly lowers the katana, then offers the sword back to Thomas, pommel first.

"Alright, all done."

Legostrife Legostrife
(and possibly @vinebeck if you want)

Last edited:
Thomas was left baffled, and a bit puzzled as to what exactly happened. "That was... Interesting to say the least."

Thomas closes his eyes and let's out a deep breath as he snaps his fingers, and holds out his hand as his katana rapidly travels towards him. He catches it with ease, and slowly sheaths it. As it clicks in place, a blast of cool air rushes outward from the holster that sends a feeling of comfort to Thomas.

"Now then... What did your braces do to my sword, Koruma? It feels a little different than when I first handed it to you."
Thomas asks inquisitively, crossing his arms with curiosity.

Caligena Caligena

Koruma waxed starry-eyed again as the katana flies back to your hand.
"So cool!"

He laughs a bit, and cocks an eyebrow at you with a smile.

"Your sword? I did nothing to your sword. If something feels different, it's not because of me."
"But check this shit out."

With that, he brings up his right hand out to the side, and the rubies glow again. Then, the thick metal on my right bracers seems to melt and quickly run down my hand - but it doesn't run off. Instead it seems to form almost an instant slim stalactite, which then curves backward and morphs into an exact replica of Thomas's katana, although it retains the same colour as the metal of the bracers. Even down to the hamon pattern on the edge, the replica appears, in all senses of the word, to look exactly the same. The ruby shard from the bracer is now also in the pommel of the replica katana.

"Tadaaaa." he says, gesturing to the copy with his other hand.
"Well? What do you think?"

Legostrife Legostrife

Thomas watches as an exact replica of his katana is made before his eyes, applauding as he is beyond impressed.

"That's incredible!!" Thomas exclaims to Koruma as he examines the replica, almost jaw dropping in awe over it.

"So he makes copies of any weapon or object held, very versatile..."

Caligena Caligena

"I know, right?? That's not all, though! I can, in fact, make two!" he exclaims jubilantly, and as he says that, the rubies flare to life again and the other bracer transforms into another exact replica of the katana.

Then, Koruma looks down, slightly disappointed.
"They don't have any of the powers I could feel coming from your sword," he says. Then he looks back up with a slight smile. "Geometrically, though, they're identical. See for yourself," he says, holding out one of the copies out to Thomas.

Legostrife Legostrife

Seeing a second replica made sparks fly in Thomas's brain as he is simply flabbergasted. "JESUS H. TEMPTATION-CHRIST!! He can make TWO copies of each weapon or object!"

Then Thomas begins to feel confused when Koruma looks saddened, and places his hand on his shoulder.

"Hey... Be thankful those swords don't possess my power, what you have is special and shows others who you are."

Thomas cracks a smile, and chuckles a bit as he pushes his hair out of his face once again. "Mine feels like a curse, and yet it helps me cope with life at the same time."

Caligena Caligena

Koruma smiles at the words of encouragement.
"Thanks."

A look of sudden remembrance flashes across his face.
"Oh, I can recall other copies I've done, too!"
He brings the two replicas in front of him, pushes them together, the rubies flash again, the metal goes liquid once more, and both bracers morph into a singular double-edged greatsword, with elegant engravings and ancient runes going along the middle of the blade.
unknown.png

He holds it in his hands proudly, a faint look of nostalgia washing over him.
"This is one of my favorites. It's said that the words in the middle are a prayer for the warriors who fall by it."

Legostrife Legostrife

Last edited:
Natealie Natealie

21n6veb.png

The dragoness looks a bit confused, before realizing she probably worded what she said a bit incorrectly. "Ah... No, even if what I want to be is what I consider Heroic- most people wouldn't agree, I don't think."

wgdAhPV.png

The black haired female smiles a bit sheepishly. "That's probably why I'm aiming for the neutral classes. Because I want to use my power for what I consider good... Even if it's a bit rash."

It seems the Meta has taken a bit of a liking to the teacher here. That's good- Kaiko's typically been a bit cautious of most adults in her younger years.

Makan could just feel the red flags being raised right now. In fact, thinking about it, she could probably guess what Kaiko's type was just from those sentences and her experience. Although, Makan wasn't about to chastise her for her beliefs. That would be stupid. People believe different things. If she were to react negatively at all, it would be if the girl actually did something illegal. At that point though, it would not simply be criticism that she would receive.

tumblr_inline_msa5ntRZ9c1qz4rgp.png

"Well anyway, if that's the case then I'll be working with you at some point. I am the Head Teacher of the Neutral Track after all." Makan told the dragoness. She was quite young, quite capable, and quite powerful. If she was born decades ago, Makan might just have been able to become one of The Seven Heroes. That of course implies that she would have cared enough to do so, which she probably would not have.

Erin finally decided to head and ask this Makan person something "Excuse me Ms.Tsugumori, I have a quick question. What is this Milky way place you spoke of? Just curious because you seem to think highly of the place."

Natealie Natealie

Makan looked at the newcomer. Seems that she had overheard. Well, it's not like they were trying to hide their conversation. Also, they weren't exactly that far away to begin with. Also, this was one thing that definitely did not bother her.

tumblr_inline_msa6ewNusK1qz4rgp.jpg

"Well, The Milky Way is a lot of things. It is a restaurant for starters. But it is also an arcade. It's is also a game store. And it also has a bar. They hold video game and tabletop tournaments frequently and it's just a great place to hang out. It's pretty freaking huge too. They just finished their fifth expansion to the place." Makan explained. She was smiling now.

19.png

"And the owner there is actually my best friend, Pivot Polaris. She's great."

"Wait, There is a place like that? And it has a fifth expansion? Dear god it must be popular to have a fifth expansion. Maybe I'll check it out when I have time to do so. Oh I'm Erin Layton by the way. Sorry for not introducing myself immediately Ms. Tsugomori."

Natealie Natealie

2.png

"Nah it's fine. You were probably just busy talking or something." Makan replied. "I'm well aware that I'm not the most important person on this boat after all. That would be you people. Hence why I'm here. To guide you, and to guard you." She told the girl, hinting at a danger that may not have crossed their minds. This was a boat full of potential people of power. If anyone had the balls to try to kidnap any of them and succeeded then shit would get terminal fast.

6.png

"But you don't have to worry about that ladies. I've been given the authority to execute anyone who tries to harm you by authority of SCALES. They don't screw around when it comes to student safety." She explained, and for the first time her cold uncaring demeanor became actually horrifying. It was absolutely clear that if it came to it she would consider murder just another part of her job, even if it was to protect them.

Were all of the teachers of the academy like this?

"Sorry to ruin this moment of you comforting us but we just had a big jump in tone for this conversation. We went from this heaven called Milky way to people kidnapping us. And despite how unlikely the event they would never catch me."

Natealie Natealie DragonessWithin DragonessWithin

FBdElWm.png

Kaiko had been listening quietly, more interested in the Milky Way as they spoke about the expansions- just what was that place, exactly? A mall? It sounded sorta fun, to go there... However, then the mention of kidnapping got brought up, and a small puff of magenta smoke escapes her as her elf-like ears flatten against her head.

YEL75k2.png

"Wh... Kidnapping? Aren't we on a ship? How in the Gods' names would that even work?" She looked around, blatantly confused. She also looks out at the water before them, squinting at their surroundings. "What... I... How....." She's just, very confused. Sure... She could fly... But wouldn't the speed of this boat be too fast for someone to catch up? What sort of ungodly power would someone need to...

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Natealie Natealie

9.png

"Because they'd be dead in the water before touching the boat." Makan added confidently. Erin too could now notice how remarkably young she was for a teacher and the extremely complicated and odd looking belt that she was wearing right now. She took a breath.

5.png

"And I'm assuming they'd have powers of their own Kaiko." She responded. Makan preferred to call her students by their first names. This occasionally bled over onto people who were not her students however. She didn't care enough to correct herself.

"Well look can we just drop the topic. I'm not one for this kind of stuff. Our safety is a gurantee of any place of learning. What I'm interested in is this Milky way." She was never one to ask others about their age. Unless they asked her first.

DragonessWithin DragonessWithin Natealie Natealie

Natealie Natealie Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

CnScB8G.png

"Hmm." The petite dragoness hums in thought, before nodding at Erin. "I agree. We should probably drop the topic." She looks at Erin, before focusing her eyes on the teacher again.

MoLdOD7.png

"Is the Milky Way like a mall? That many expansions seems like the place is rather large... How many stores are in it, if that's the case?" Kaiko, stop bombarding people with questions. You might overwhelm them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back