• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Imagine a Los Angeles that has been turning into a Gotham type setting for about two decades. The corruption didn’t happen overnight. The Tong, Yakuza, Russian mafia, Mexican Cartels, and American Black gangs have all grown in power with fingers into every part of the police and government. Add to that the coming of professional criminals have adopted the habit of wearing masks. Every now and then a vigilante pops up and blood is shed in the streets.

During the day, Los Angeles is beautiful. But after the sun sets, you had best get indoors. And even there, if you have crossed the wrong people, you won’t be safe. The year will be around 2028.

This will be a gritty superhero story set in contemporary times. The characters will be of a supernatural sort based on a few carefully chosen heroes of a questionable morality. I will be modifying their powers a bit in some cases, largely to even them out a bit and prevent them becoming OP (or underpowered) relative to the others.

The names of the characters do NOT have to be kept. Their backgrounds can be modified. They could even be either sex in these incarnations. But try to keep the basic spirit of the character. If you are unfamiliar with the character you should NOT try to run it.

PC Cast
I am looking for members to run the following:
Jonah Hex
This version will include the ability to speak with the dead as shown in the movie. He may have been resurrected much like the Crow. (Their natures are related.) You could even use a modern cop who is betrayed, beaten and left for dead. (The side of the face should be burned and disfigured though, much like Jonah Hex.)

Crow
I love the Eric Draven version of this character best. However, this version of the character is going to have a longer, broader mission.

Phantom Rider
We need to be a little careful with this one. Being able to be a ghost and able to shoot people is a bit OP. I suggest requiring materialization in order to shoot people. We also need a weakness. (I recommend borrowing from the TV show, Supernatural. Salt and Iron.)

Darkman

Adam Frankenstein

Dr Hyde
All the size and strength of Mr Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; the brilliant mind of Dr Jekyll. He does not need a serum. He can trigger the change at will. (Takes about 30 seconds.) He is no longer sadistic, but still acts a bit Hulk-like.

NPC Cast
Richard Embers - Fills the role of James Gordon in Batman Begins or the TV series Gotham. He is a senior detective and one of the rare cops with virtue. He is the sort of cop who would try to lead a task force against organized crime if he gets the chance. But he had a family to think about. His wife was the assistant DA. His daughter, however … he sent off to college - far away - far, FAR away. Now he has stirred up the hornets nest and his daughter is returning home.

Balmira Embers - The DA (or an assistant DA if you prefer). Goes after the bad guys like a dog with a bone.

Babette Embers - born into the world of law enforcement. The prodigal daughter returns.

***Duncan and Diane bought Catalina Island. They refer to one another as twin siblings. They grew up as penpals and discovered they were born in the same hospital 15 minutes apart. They LOOK like siblings. Their adoptive parents even have identical names.

Long Beach · California
Duncan Moran - More degrees than a thermometer. Numerous books published - sci fi and fact. Nobel Prizes 4. Tony Stark / Bruce Wayne rich. Will be new to the city of angels. He will have a large estate. He owns his own think tank. He fell off the face of the Earth for the past few years, so his return to the public eye is going to be news. He is also affiliated with a “superhero” named Vanguard (a fictional comic book character).

Long Beach · California
Diane Matthews - will have been living in Palos Verdes in her own private castle with a large estate. She started Project Gaia - which was destroyed twice by freak fires. (Arson). There were accusations of insurance fraud, which went away when the records showed Diane never collected, but funded the rebuilding out of her own pocket. Has written numerous books, made movies. Is well known as Junkyard Jane, but her appearances are for Environmental Events. She runs a small empire of recycling operations. She is also a patron of the arts. Note: Junkyard Jane is a fictional comic book superhero created by Diane. The character has Wonder Woman / Captain America like powers. Her equipment has a junkyard motif.

Casey (Cassidy Grace) - He and Diane are already together and serious. They met at the second fire when he had to drag Diane out of the place when she tried to go around putting out the fires and more were springing up all around them. He would have a bachelors in some field at USC, plus graduate level schooling, taking up work at Project Gaia until it got burned down.

Villains (Also NPCs)
I have a number of villain groups that I intend to use.
Gangs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back