• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Laurel Heights Academy

killerqueenie46

Freddie Mercury af
Imagine: A prestigious school covered in thick layers of ivy covering the red brick walls, studies with fireplaces and bookshelves so tall you can't get to the top without a ladder, and YOU have been accepted. Make friends, find love, and learn.

But, beware! The cutthroat preppies will stop at nothing to stay in power, and they are not beneath getting their shoes a little filthy with you, the dirt beneath their feet.

So, don't forget to have fun!

Mikey Arthur Thomson

High school. Two words that can either make teens scream with joy or quake with fear. It's a new semester for Laurel Heights Academy and many people would brush it off as a normal start. This, however, isn't the case for Michael Arthur Thomson, a musical, arty emo 17 year old with black hair and green eyes. Michael (or Mikey for short) was terrified. It was his first time at the Academy and from his past school experiences, people do not like emo kids. He adopted the look after his father had past away. His father was a great man; just a shame for him to die from liver illness.

He woke up at 6:30am. He couldn't sleep well as the fear of bullies kept him up. He pulled the covers off of himself and walked to the bathroom to get ready. He showered, brushed his teeth and used his hands to comb through his side fringe. He dressed in his usual attire of all black. Black t-shirt, black jeans, black hoodie, black shoes. The color showed who he was inside. Dark. That's it.

He walked downstairs and into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and grabbed the food his mother had prepared for him the night before. A lettuce and cucumber sandwich with a packet of salted potato chips. and a bar of chocolate; as if he was to eat any of it. He sat on the kitchen's island and packed his bag. Food, spray paint cans, books, notepads, pens, pencils, a pocket knife (not for cutting) and spare headphones.

He heard the door slam and he quickly pushed himself off of the island and zipped up the bag before throwing it over his shoulder. His mother walked in the room. She was wearing her hospital clothes and had her black hair in a pony tail. "Ready for school," she said casually. He nodded and walked with his Mom towards the front door before picking up his blue 'V' shaped bass guitar. They walked outside and towards the car. They climbed inside. Mikey put on Twenty One Pilots and the pair sang along to them.

Not before long they got to the school. Mikey's Mom parked and they got out. The worst part is she parked near popular kids. She walked around the car and towards him before speaking, "So this is it. My boy's first day in Laurel Heights Academy and 11th grade."

"Mom, you don't need to do the long inspirational talk." He deadpanned.

"Yeah. It's what Mom's do." she sighed and continued. "You sure you'll be OK?"

He smiled slightly, "I'll be fine. I've got music and art on my side. Now go and safe lives."

"Bye Mikey." she said

"Bye," He shouted running towards the building.

"And don't kill anyone," She shouted.

"Can't make promises,"

She got into the car and drove off. Mikey however turned around and walked inside Hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert's alarm woke him up early in the morning. He slowly opened his eyes, pressed on the snooze button and went back to sleep. He pulled the duvet over his head and closed his eyes. The duvet was suddenly yanked off and he sat up straight. He opened his eyes only to his mother staring hard at him, hands akimbo, staring at him with murder in her eyes.

"You better get up or imma whoop your ass from here to school" Robert's mother, Janette, snapped at him. Robert jumped out of the bed, stumbled slightly before regaining his composure and ran to the bathroom. He quickly took a quick shower and rushed to the walk-in closet and changed into his school clothes. He went downstairs and found his dad reading the morning paper.

"Morning Son. I hope that snooze was worth it." Robert's Dad, James, Said with a smile.

"Not really, never got the chance to sleep." Robert said as he sat down at the dining table.

"Next time, don't snooze the alarm. Your mother will kick your ass, and believe me, she can give a good whooping." James said as he finished his breakfast.

"Dare you snooze next time, i will not be merciful as i was today." Janette said as she placed a plate of scrambled eggs, 2 sausages and 3 slices of bacon in-front of Robert.

"Don't worry mum, i won't." Robert quickly downed hos breakfast and drank some juice before standing up and heading towards the door.

"I will give you a lift son. It is my day of after all." James said as he grabbed the car keys and joined Robert.

The drive to the school was quiet and once they reached the gate, James placed a hand on Robert shoulders and said "This time, try to make a few friends. Loneliness will get you nowhere."

"I will try Dad. But i am not making any promises." Robert smiled and stepped out of the car and took a deep breath. New school, new life and hopefully new friends. He walked towards the Castle slowly absorbing the view.

@JaneXJeff @ayezombie @MuffinRPs @Brittany @killerqueenie46

Briar was nervous, not jellyfish in the stomach nervous, but has rhinos jumping on trampolines nervous. "Stay calm B-girl. They're just kids like you are!" She tries to encourage herself as she walks along the grounds, amazed by the beautiful land around her.

I reminded her of the summer she had just spent in Europe. She quickly runs her fingers through her hair and walks around a corner where she sees other students forming cliques around her.

"I wonder if I'll be the only one boarding here..." She questions her self and then hears a soft squeak behind her. She reaches down and picks up Lin, placing him on her shoulder. "Hey little buddy." She says softly as she its under a tall oak tree, watching the people around her. Briar had decides to avoid using her last name, she didn't want anyone just being around her because of her families money. She hated people like that.

She looks down at her skinny jeans and red high tops, wondering if this was an appropriate outfit for school. She had never really gone to a school before, she had had tutors most of her life. Lin plays in the grass and Briar gets lost in thought.

Even though it was stupid, Sheena was actually excited for school. They hadn't seen Valkyrie or Timmy at all during summer break, and they had missed them.

superthumb.jpg

Allison was excited for another reason though. "Ah, new juveniles to torture mercilessly." She sighed in glee as she walked to school. Her makeup job was one of a professional, and she changed up her hair part to impress--and intimidate--the students.
bella-hadid-pat-mcgrath-gold-001-makeup-paris-main.jpg

Briar watches Allison with fascination, she seemed like the person you didn't want on your bad side, but she didn't scare Briar at all. Briair stands up and carries Lin in her arms before heading over to the girl with the well done make up. "Your eyeliner is winged very well." She says to start a conversation and Allison glances at her.

"Get out of my way!" She shouted in disgust, digging her heel into Briar's foot. "You aren't important enough to talk to me, YOU POND SCUM!"

mentioned: @Brittany

Briar chuckles softly, "You're not very scary. I hope you know that." She says and smiles at her. "I'm Briar, and even though you're kind of rude, it's nice to meet you!"

Mikey Arthur Thomson

Mikey walked to the reception desk and spoke, "E-Excuse me miss,"

The lady looked up from the computer, "Yes?"

"I'm n-new and I need my schedule. I'm Michael Thomson."

"Oh Michael." She picked up a piece of paper and handed it to him. "There is it. Your locker number is also on it."

"Th-Thank you." He left the reception desk and walked to his locker. He put his books in the locker and closed it and walked away before bumping into someone. "I-I'm sorry,"

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/29589-cksmalling/@CkSmalling

https://www.rpnation.com/profile/29589-cksmalling/

Robert stumbles back a bit and regains his stance. He looked at the person who bumpee into him and stood, perplexed, to see someone wearing all black but decided to keep his comments to himself.

"No need to apologize dude, its alright. Names Robert btw. In new here and i am looking for the receptionist. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?" He stretched his hand to the student, hoping he will shake his hand.

@MuffinRPs

Mikey Arthur Thomson

"I-I'm Mikey. I'm new too. The receptionist is that way," He kept his head low and pointed towards the receptionist's room.

Aria woke up, a bell being rung downstairs. They decided a month or so before school she would stay with her aunt during the weeks, since she lives much closer to the academy. A few minutes later and she was practically throwing her clothes on, an outfit that had been laid out last night in an anxious way of trying to prepare.

"Alright, you're good. Look at you you're great you're good don't worry." She mumbled to herself, putting her makeup on while she listened to Aunt Rose shamble up the stairs a bag in her hand.

"Sweetie heres some breakfast, Uncle Don got it for you before he left for a job."

"Thanks auntie Rose, you guys are the best." Aria said, kissing her on the cheek before lacing up her boots and heading out the door. She got into her car, a few tries to let the engine warm up while she turned on some music to start the morning off with. With that, she was down the road.

Pulling into the student parking lot Aria sat for a second, reassuring herself again that it would be fine before getting out and striding up to the school. Her aviators were quickly pulled down over her eyes, liek a saftey blanket while she walked into the office.

"Aria de Serpico, grade 11, I'd like to ask for a copy of my schedule please." She said sweetly to the office lady, who typed in the information and printed it out as she spoke.

"Here you go, have a nice day."

"You too! thank you very much maam." Aria ran her hand through her hair, the top pulling over like a tidal wave and layering like feathers. "Alright, now where's my damn locker."

"Thanks for the assist Mikey. Hope to catch you later on." Robert said with a smile and started to walk away. "One more thing Mikey, always look up or you will make it too easy for the bullies to single you out." He said as he walked towards the receptionist.

"Goodmorming Ma'am. I was told this was the place to get the schedule? My name is Robert Andrews, Grade 11."

"Yew this is the place. One moment please." The secretary typed and printed a document and handee it to Robert. "Everything you need is in that document. Welcome to Laurel Heights."

"Thank you for the assist and the reception. Have a nice day." Robert said with a smile on his face. He turned around and went to where the lockers were and looked for his. "Number 256...256...256.. Ah Hah!!! Found you." He entered the combination key and opened it. "And so it begins. High School Life." He mumbled to himself as he began to arrange his locker.

@ MuffinRPs

Robert's words were obvious but Mikey lacked social skills and was very shy so doing what he said would be hard. Mikey checked his schedule. He had English, a good lesson since it was reading and writing, two of Mikey's favorite things. He decided to head there early to avoid people rushing to class. Once getting there he sat down at a desk before getting out a notepad and doodling.

Aria walked down the hallway to a guy who seemed to be about the same age as her, who just so happened to have a locker right by hers. "here we go, 254." She smiled, and tapped the guys shoulder.

"Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you but I just wanted to ask if you were new here too." She could tell he had to find his locker as well, so smiled at him before she started opening her own and filling it with the extra books and papers she wouldnt need for her first class, english. She had no idea who the guy was, but there can't be any harm in getting a head start on learning some names.

"I'm Aria by the way, De Serpico."

@CkSmalling

Robert felt someone tap on his shoulder and turned only to be struck by flawless beauty. He composed himself for a few minutes before responding. "Why yes i am. This is my first day here and by the looks of it seems we are in the same class." He said as he took out an English Textbook and placed it under his arms. He took a small notebook and placed it under his arm as well. He closed the locker and faced Aria.

"Hello Aria, my name is Robert Andrews. I do believe we are heading the same direction."

@ayezombie

"Wonderful!" She said, grabbing her own English book. "I've heard great things about the academy's english department, I hope it lives up to the reputation." Aria pushed her sunglasses up ontop of her head, and walked with Robert to their class.

"It's very nice to meet you by the way Robert."

"I will make you sorry. You think you can sass me, you little bitch?!" Allison squinted.

tumblr_nmrxnkesj71r79qbvo1_1280.jpg

Nearby, Timmy looked on in horror, rushing up to the girl.

"Hi. I don't think we've ever talked, but I'm Timmy." He soon ran inside to get to class.

9951651651-690x462.jpg

Briar smiles at him as they sit down in homeroom. "Thanks for saving me, I guess." She says as she chuckles and Lin hops onto the desk. Brair watch Timmy out of the corner of my eye, "Is she...the girl from earlier....is she always so...unhappy?" Briar asks softly and glance up at him

@killerqueenie46

Briar laughs and then pets Lin gently, "That's sad, people like that always makes me sad." She says and looks at Timmy before realizing she had forgot to introduce herself. "I'm so rude, oh gosh, I'm Briar Rose, Briar Rose Eppit." She says quickly and rolls her eyes when his eyes widen at her last name. "Yes, that Eppit family." She mumbles and waits for his reaction. Everyone had heard of overwhelmingly rich family, and how horrible most of her relatives where. But Briar wasn't like them, she never wanted the money in the first place.

"I am pretty interested in the Science Department myself. I read that Stephen Hawking himself once came to this school. I mean meeting a legend like him would make me explode... or die or a heart attack.. whichever comes first. Did you know that this school won the Science Fair, 6 times in a row?" Robert said with so much enthusiasm in his voice. He realizes that he talked to much and calmed down.

"Sorry if i sounded a little carried away. My bad." He said as he looked at the floor, slightly ashamed.

@ayezombie

"Timmy Landon." He smirked. "And even so, everyone's got a super rich and powerful family here." His eyes soon widened in glee. "Valkyrie!" He shouted.

The girl kind of swaggered over, in a way that implied that she was the queen of lotus-eating, the ruler of luxuries. The way that made heads turn and teeth clamp down on lips. She cocked her neck, moving her arm. "Who is this?" She asked in a way that wasn't exactly rude, but not expected. She wore a beige, knee-length dress that looked as fuzzy and comfortable as memory foam.

IHOiHudYjWo.jpg

Aria listened, and couldn't help but smile at how excited he got over science. She was happy to see someone with a passion like that. "No dude, it's fine really. It's cool that you like science so much, everyone has their thing you know. And you found yours." She said, finding a seat. She scanned over the room lightly, seeing that not many people had come in yet. And even more depressing out of that, not any girls that really caught her interest. 'Chill out girlscout, that can wait till later.' She thought to herself, taking into note that school comes first even when there are a lot of really gorgeous girls here. School, school first.

She saw a girl who people called Valkyrie as she walked in that was pretty good looking, she might have to seek her out later.

"The arts are definitely by thing. Dont get me wrong I love science and think it's super cool, I just can't get into it very well. Hand me a paintbrush or an instrument with strings though and I can show you what I love."

She pulled her tank to the side a little, to bring her tattoo more into view. It was a mandala, centered by an arrow head, the next level a peony, a rope with four red beads, and little puzzle pieces edging it. It rested right below her collarbone, next to her shoulder right under the strap line. "I designed this one, it was my first. Each layer is someone in my family."

Right above it, lining her collar bone, ESTQUODEST emblazoned the skin, a simple latin phrase.

"Shit." Val muttered. "Bell's about to ring." As if on cue, it did. She burst into the hall a little too quickly, bumping into a girl with greyish-purple hair. "F-fuck. I am so sorry." She looked at the girl, biting her lip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back