• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

large selection of plots and pairings (m/m and m/f) | detailed recruitment

persephonic

of the sea

B A S I C S ::

You can call me Persephone, Persy, Sephy, etc. (in other words, any variant of 'persephone' that your witty minds can conjure)

I am 18+ for those wondering

I have eight year's experience (approximately) when it comes to roleplaying, and so I would consider myself relatively advanced

My writing for the most part stays within the realm of third-person, past tense, and I would say that it is considered 'multi-paragraph' or 'small novella' in terms of length

I'm in the EST timezone

I'm fond of bbcoding (if you couldn't tell), and I coded everything on my computer, so it may look weird, off, or messed up if you're looking at it on a tablet or phone

97504086_250x250.png
T E R M S . O F . A G R E E M E N T ::

If you settle on the decision that I am a worthy enough partner, I would ask of you only a few things with which I hope you can comply.

Please try to mirror my length, or at least maintain my minimum (450 words // three sizable paragraphs). I am looking for a detailed roleplay with a detailed partner, so anything less really isn't appreciated. I will get disinterested and disinclined to reply. I believe that you can't really get your message across with anything under that limit. I don't think that's too much to ask of you.

Please do not pester me for responses. I really can't stand it when people do this. I have clearly stated to the right that I will likely post one or two times maximum a week, but sometimes it'll be less and I may not even get one up or sometimes it'll be more. If you respect my schedule, I will gladly respect yours. This pretty much means that I do not care whether you give me a post a week, more a week, or less a week, as long as you actually do post at least sometimes and do not drop the roleplay and disappear without a warning.

Please have proper grammar, although I know that's probably a given. Typos, of course, are okay - we all make them sometimes, so as long as you have proper grammar most of the time, we'll be just fine.

Please be okay with mature themes and cursing because they appear often in my writing, especially cursing as I tend to make a lot of my characters have potty-mouths.

Go ahead and comment or PM me even if there are a lot of responses on the thread. Meaning, don't be afraid to talk to me because of the post count! Writing is a passion, so even though I'm not quite sure how many partners I'm going to take on yet, I'd be happy doing quite a few roleplays especially if each are different. Feel free to still request the same pairing/plot as someone else though - I'm likely willing to do more than one of each!

tumblr_inline_mvkok6GYvM1rb3m8r.png
A . D E E P E R . 'A B O U T . M E' ::

Well hello to all you beautiful people! As stated to the left, I'm Persephone, or 'persephonic' as per my username. I haven't been able to find the time to sit down and write in ages, and oh how I've been itching to get back into it. Fortunately, my schedule is beginning to open up for the summer, and I am ready to emerge from my hiatus and roleplay again.

I am definitely the type to write very long and detailed replies consisting of both dialogue (internal and external) and action, the concentration of each being dependent on my mood. If I had to name an average for myself, I would say that my posts typically range from a strict minimum of 450 words to around 1500, but that is a very loose crest because it definitely can vary. I can even go up to 2000 given the right situation and the right partner. The only concrete number is my minimum - I will never give anything less than that. In other words, I will always give at least three substantial paragraphs per response.

As for activity and frequency, I, on normal weeks, can only churn out one, maybe two posts, and this is for a variety of reasons. For one, even though my schedule is beginning to clear up, I'll still be busy because I am going to be starting a summer job soon. Not only that, but it takes me a very long time to think of what I want to write and even longer to actually write it - I am way too big a perfectionist and refuse to submit anything until it is as close to my definition of 'perfect' as I can get it. Of course, there will be some weeks that are anomalies in which I reply more or less than normal, but you should not hold me to that standard.

When it comes to relationships, I like to explore more genres than just romantic (although I do love a good romance). I have four divisions when it comes to written relationships: romantic (lovers), platonic (friends), antagonistic (enemies), and familial (relatives). I know that among most, romance is a top hit - dont get me wrong, I love it as well. I frequently get behind purely 'fluff' roleplays when the subject is right, but I just don't typically get the chance to do much of the other three. I would love it if you wanted to produce one of them with me, but of course, as I've previously stated, I really do enjoy writing romances as well! We could even combine two, where one transitions into another as the roleplay progresses. In regards to romance, I play characters of a variety of orientations, but I tend to stick with m/f or m/m relationships because those are what I am most comfortable with. However for the other three genres (platonic, antagonistic, familial), I do not care what the genders are but usually stick with the same pairings as romantic; I just do not have a lot of experience in f/f.

97504086_250x250.png
P A I R I N G S, . P L O T S, . A N D . M I S C E L L A N Y ::

And so we come to the part that you've all clicked for - the actual pairings, plots, and miscellany of roleplaying. I can't say that I have a lot preplanned or that I have an extensive list to choose from, but I do hope that it is enough for you to find something you like. I'll definitely add more as I think of them, but these are what I have as of this moment. Feel free to suggest anything you've been dying to do as well! I'm very open to suggestions and would love to hear any ideas you have. I cannot PM yet, so leave a comment or PM me yourself if you take interest in anything! Feel free to pick more than one plot/pairing and we can narrow it down to one together if you're having difficulty choosing.

no slide
P A I R I N G S
General pairings [the role I'd like to write is italicized; if none are italicized, I can play either // remember that you can suggest your own if you do not see anything you like // anything with an asterisk (*) is a craving] ::

x Prince/king (m) x Knight (m or f) *

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m)]

x Guard (m) x Thief (m or f)

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m), platonic, or xxxantagonistic]

x Human (m) x Angel/guardian angel (m or f)

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m) or platonic]

xxx[note: I have one condition for this one, so if this xxxis something you'd want to roleplay, I'll let you xxxknow what it is when you show interest]

x Musician (m) x Artist (f) // Musician (m) x

xArtist (m) *

xxx[note: as shown above, the role I wish to play xxxdepends on whether the relationship is m/f or xxxm/m, so make sure you know which you'd be xxxplaying if you choose this // this one has the xxxopportunity to be very fluff-oriented if you want xxxit to be; I'd be totally okay with that]

x Human (m) x Genie (m or f) *

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m* ) or xxxplatonic]

x Neighbor (m) x Neighbor (m or f)

xxx[note: this one is more of a 'fluff' filled roleplay, xxxespecially if you choose romantic or platonic; its xxxone of those where its just inherently cute and xxxhappy and lovey-dovey, so just know that's what xxxyou're getting into with this]

x Rich (m) x Poor (m)

xxx[preference: romantic (m/m), platonic, or xxxantagonistic]

xxx[note: I do not care whether I play the rich or the xxxpoor in this m/m]

x Demon (m) x Demon hunter (m or f)

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m) or xxxantagonistic]

xxx[note: I have one condition for this one, so if this xxxis something you'd want to roleplay, I'll let you xxxknow what it is when you show interest]

F A N D O M S (INCLUDING MODERN FAIRY TALES)
Fandom pairings [the role I'd like to write is italicized; if none are italicized, I can play either // remember that you can suggest your own if you do not see anything you like, but I will not do canon x oc // anything with an asterisk (*) is a craving // additionally, if you decide you would be okay with writing as more than one character, you can choose more than one pairing from the same fandom and we can do them together in the same roleplay] ::

xHarry Potter
x Marauders

xxx James Potter x Lily Evans

xxxxxx[preference: romantic]

xxx James Potter x Sirius Black

xxxxxx[preference: platonic]

xxx Lily Evans x Sirius Black

xxx Remus Lupin x Sirius Black

xxxxxx[preference: romantic or platonic]

xxx Remus Lupin x Lily Evans

xxx James Potter x Remus Lupin

x Golden Trio

xxx Ginny Weasley x Draco Malfoy *

xxxxxx[preference: romantic, platonic, orxxxxxxxx xxxxxxantagonistic]

xxx Hermione Granger x Draco Malfoy

xxxxxx[preference: romantic or antagonistic]

xxx Harry Potter x Draco Malfoy

xxxxxx[preference: platonic or antagonistic]
x Next Generation

xxx Rose Weasley x Scorpius Malfoy *

xxxxxx[note: this one can be a typical romantic or xxxxxxplatonic pair, or, if you'd prefer, it can be a xxxxxxlove-hate relationship or an antagonistic one xxxxxxthat turns platonic or romantic]

xxx Albus S. Potter x Scorpius Malfoy

xxx Albus S. Potter x Rose Weasley

xxxxxx[preference: familial]

xxx Rose Weasley x James S. Potter

xxx Albus S. Potter x James S. Potter

xxx Lily L. Potter x Albus S. Potter

xxx Lily L. Potter x James S. Potter

xModern Fairy Tales
x Beauty and the Beast *

xxx Beauty/Belle (f) x Beast (m) // Beauty/Beau x.xx(m) x Beast (m)

xxxxxx[preference: romantic (m/f or m/m), xxxxxxplatonic, or antagonistic]

xxxxxx[note: as shown above, the role I wish to play xxxxxxdepends on whether the relationship is m/f or xxxxxxm/m, so make sure you know which you'd be xxxxxxplaying if you choose this; I would rather play xxxxxxBelle in the m/f pairing, but in the m./m xxxxxxpairing, I do not care whether I am Beau or xxxxxxBeast]

xxxxxx[note: I have one condition for this one, so if xxxxxxthis is something you'd want to roleplay, I'll let xxxxxxyou know what it is when you show interest; I xxxxxxalso have a plot in mind for this, which I xxxxxxwill also share with you]

x The Boy Who Cried Wolf *

xxx Boy (m) x Wolf (m)

xxxxxx[preference: romantic (m/m) or platonic]

xxxxxx[note: I have one condition for this one, so if xxxxxxthis is something you'd want to roleplay, I'll let xxxxxxyou know what it is when you show interest; I xxxxxxalso have a plot in mind for this, which I xxxxxxwill also share with you]

xxxxxx[note: I would prefer that if you choose this xxxxxxone, that you be an advanced and xxxxxxexperienced roleplayer who can write long, xxxxxxdetailed posts (i.e. a minimum of around xxxxxx1000 words, or a minimum of six large xxxxxxparagraphs), but it's not a requirement]

P L O T S
Plot inklings [the role I'd like to write is italicized; if none are italicized, I can play either // these are not fully formed plots, more of plot starters that we can then brainstorm together // anything with an asterisk (*) is a craving] ::

Muse A (m) is minding their own business, taking the train home after a long day when some jerk suddenly snatches their backpack and runs. Muse B (m) sees what’s happening and springs into hero mode, rushing off the train to grab the thief on the platform. When the train doors close, Muse B rushes to catch it at the next stop and reunites a very impressed Muse A with their stolen bag.

xxx[preference: romantic (m/m) or platonic]

xxx[note: this one will be very fluffy, so be warned; I xxxalso have some details planned that I will share xxxwith you when you show interest]

Muse A (f), an irritable but acclaimed female knight, is charged with the burden of rescuing the King’s brother after he’s been taken prisoner and held for ransom; the royal caravan was waylaid by a band of hooded assailants led by Muse B (m), a dastardly unknown marksman. Muse A realizes that her best chance of finding the King’s brother is to be ‘caught’ by Muse B too, so she orchestrates a clever plan to appear like a helpless damsel and soon enough she is successfully abducted by Muse B. When the knight is left alone in a dank dungeon, she is able to go in search of the King’s brother. Suspicious of his latest capture, Muse B stops Muse A in her tracks, and they engage in hand-to-hand combat. It isn’t until Muse B is momentarily overtaken by Muse A that Muse A notices the birthmark on Muse B’s neck, the very same mark that all of the males of the royal family possess. Muse B is of royal blood and seems to have no idea.

xxx[preference: romantic (m/f), platonic, or xxxantagonistic]

Muse A (m or f) is admiring one of the many exquisite paintings in an art museum when they feel like they’re being watched. They turn to see Muse B (m) with pad and pencil, sketching them. *

Muse A (m) has just earned a huge promotion at work. Feeling good about themselves, they order a round of drinks for everyone in the bar. When it’s time to pay the tab, Muse A realizes they’ve misplaced their wallet. Muse B (m or f), the bar manager, gets called over to handle the situation.

It’s nearly closing time and
Muse A (m) is hammered. Playing the part of a good Samaritan, Muse B (m) attempts to get Muse A into a cab home but Muse A can’t coherently give their address, so Muse B takes Muse A home with them instead until Muse A can sober up some. *

Muse A (m) has been sheltered for most of their upbringing, coddled by loving but overprotective parents well into their teenage years. They’ve yet to experience most of the milestones that their same-age peers take for granted, like attending a school dance or getting their driver’s license. The only time that Muse A isn’t under the watchful eye of their parents is when they’re at school and even then, they’re under strict orders to come straight home once that dismissal bell rings. Muse B hasn’t resided with a parent/guardian since they were legally able to live on their own. They didn’t come from a nurturing environment, not even close, but they’re not looking for a pity party about it. Muse B (m) fends for themselves in this world and they’ve earned a bit of a reputation for snubbing their nose at authority at every opportunity. Muse A encounters Muse B one afternoon as they’re making their way to the bus. Muse A can’t help but stare with envy as Muse B mounts their motorcycle—able to ride off whenever and wherever they please. Muse B catches Muse A staring and they offer Muse A a ride. Muse A accepts, hastily snatching up their first little taste of freedom.

xxx[note: I am willing to play either character for xxxthis plot]

M I S C E L L A N Y
Miscellany [the role I'd like to write is italicized; if none are italicized, I can play either // this is pretty much the ideas I have that do not fit into any of the other categories] ::

Writing in letters

xxx[note: by 'writing in letters,' I pretty much mean that instead of writing out scenes and verbal dialogue, that xxxthe only interaction that the characters have is through letters - meaning that each post would begin xxxwith [insert greeting] so-and-so, and end with [insert closing] so-and-so, and the content of the post would xxxbe written in letter format; I do not have a particular plot or anything set for this, so we would come up xxxwith it together; if you want it to be romantic, I would prefer to play the female in m/f, or a male in m/m]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'm super interested in all of these things but the Musician X Artist and Human x Genie seem really up my alley. All the plots sound pretty fun as well! (Honestly, your whole list is pretty damn amazing). I will say though, I normally am better with M/M so there's that. I can't PM yet (hopefully will be able to later tonight) but I thought I'd drop you a comment to see if you'd be interested!

I'm excruciatingly jealous of your coding. It's lovely even from my phone, and so are your plots. I would definitely be interested in rp with you, just have to decide what. ;)

Good afternoon!

I've briefly read through your interest check and figured we might be compatible as partners go. You are welcome to skim through my ongoing roleplays in my signature if you care to see my style at all. That said, I haven't had a whole lot of time to read through your roleplay interests, but I wanted to post regardless so I can come back after work and read through your pairings/plots/genres more thoroughly.

Cheers!

My goodness, I enjoyed reading that post. This is a new account for me so I can't really PM you yet, but I am definitely interested in writing a story with you. I like the (Prince/King) x Knight pairing, medieval fantasy is absolutely my cup of tea.

hello! it looks like we both have a tendency to be super detailed and verbose, so i have a feeling we might work well together as partners. i'm entering into my senior year of high school, so the low maintenance RP style (once/twice a week) would be super ideal, since i'm about to have a lot of work dumped onto me. :'(

anyway, i love all of these ideas you have! i am in love with demonology and the like, so a demon/demon hunter RP would be incredible (plus i have tons of developed demon characters sitting around, yikes). i ADORE angelology as well, so human/guardian angel would also be really interesting! i'm such a theology nerd.

worldbuilding is literally my shit, and i've already made too many worlds based around demons and angels and their respective hunters.

but i'm open to a lot of your other ideas as well, so if you think something can come of this, i'll go ahead and PM you and we can see where it goes from there.

have a great day!

Hi! I'm interested in demon x demon hunter. It seems like an interesting plot. Preferably, I'd like it to be MxM since it's my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back