• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy L'appel du vide

Debonaire

Born of the ashes
"Whether it’s good or bad, it’s so unfortunate to wake up during a dream."

Hi there, friends! Glad to see you've taken an interest in my request thread. My name is Fjal and I am currently on the prowl for a partner or two to indulge with in co-operative storytelling.

My style of story-telling
I have an obsession with stories that are dark, mysterious, engaging, and full of life. Berserk, Lord of the Rings, The Witcher, Game of Thrones, The Kingkiller Chronicle If you've heard of any of these or even read/watched them, then you're already a very favourable candidate!
  • My stories will definitely be inspired by worlds such as these, some more so than others. If you shy away from stories that portray the dark and gritty, you'd most likely not enjoy my style.​
  • Length isn't really too important to me. Write until you feel you've conveyed what you wish to convey, I will never expect you to match my post in length, otherwise a hobby becomes a chore, and don't expect me to do the same. As a side-note, I am fairly literate and well-read, so you can definitely expect a few long posts from me here and there.​
  • I only really write medieval-fantasy. You might sway me to write other forms of fantasy such as steampunk or some form of sci-fi if you have an interesting idea, but modern style stories are just boring, I get enough of that in my actual life. Sorry.​
  • I don't like rushing nor being rushed. I have a bit of a chaotic life, as well as being an incredibly flawed individual in many aspects, so my replies may go from consistent to non-existent on a weekly basis. However, I will not abandon a story without informing my partner, and if there will be a delay of more than a week, I will also inform you. I expect this to go both ways.​
  • I'm a busy guy, between the mental and physical strain of my job to the life-draining properties of attending university (as well as just trying to live in general), I won't be taking on more than 3 partners, so I'll be rather picky. Don't let that stop you, though. I am relatively friendly!​
  • The best way for you to jump-start my brain into plotting-mode is to give me some details about what sort of characters you like to play or would like me to play, please give me your opinion.​
  • I don't particularly like overly fantastic fantasy. I like fantasy that doesn't treat magic as something as commonplace as a person with a driver's license.​

Should you decide to message me...
The best part! If you like what you've read thus far.. And I hope you've read it all, then I definitely encourage you to message me. I have a few requests that I expect to be included in your first message for you to be considered as my partner.​
  1. Give me something to work with! Don't just say "Hey bitch, I saw your request thread and I like." Put in some effort, or if you have a request thread of your own, please provide me with a link.
  2. I'd appreciate a writing sample, 100 words or so, though more is totally fine.
  3. Give me your opinion, did you like something specific about my thread? Did you hate something specific about my thread? Does the idea of people putting condiments on top of their french fries repulse you to your very core? The more detail you give me the more excited I will be about the discussion.
  4. Not a requirement, but I'd appreciate a place to start with planning. What sort of story would you like to write? What sort of character would you like to play? What sort of character would you like me to play? Are you serious about wanting to write with me? Because if so then something must be seriously wrong with you and I definitely appreciate that.
  5. Don't take things too seriously. I'm here to have fun and I love people that I can laugh with.
  6. Feel free to message me even if you aren't interested in writing with me if you at least took some enjoyment out of this unnecessarily long post.

Brainstorming ideas
The son of the owner of a very popular adult cabaret. Having grown up and worked with women with.. rather loose morals his whole life, as well as being a somewhat handsome sweet-talker, he has never really been met with much resistance when it comes to courting the opposite sex. He's arrogant, narcissistic, and with questionable morals. He is totally oblivious to actual romance, and thinks intimacy and sex are the same thing. One day he meets his match, a girl that is so sinfully sweet and innocent that seems totally impervious to his 'charm'.
A young, brash, and arrogant prince, the definition of a spoiled brat. He dismisses pretty much anyone that he considers below him, which is pretty much anyone that isn't of noble birth or belonging to his household. His father sends him on a diplomatic errand to a foreign nation to renew a peace-treaty. Along the way, his caravan is ambushed and most of his household guards killed. Only him and his bodyguard manage to escape, only to be stuck deep in a foreign nation with nothing but the clothes on their backs, as well as a mysterious group of people that seem intent on capturing or killing the prince.

Hi there! Color me intrigued, based on the information you've included in your post! I'd love to chat and tell you a bit about myself, but unfortunately, I'm still too new to RPN to shoot you a message just yet, and I don't want to clog up your thread by prattling on about myself here. If you're interested in seeing if we'd be a good fit though, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'd be happy to chat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back