• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Lanstrich Village] Not a single crumb

Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Languages: Common | [Terran] | %Analog%
Mentions: saxon saxon | Kai Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 | Ralph Scarletti Scarletti | Tachanka Femboy Femboy | Kota @SixthSense

Almeida was glad to see her attack land onto the ratmancer. “[Ha, burn!]” She called out at seeing the ratmancer catch fire. Burning vermin. What a lovely sight. Only the scent of it ruined the experience. When he spoke some words and that just poofed out of existence after some weird green explosion (which had made her cover her mouth and nose), she was annoyed. “[Oh, come on... Bloody ratmancers.]” She mumbled, unhappy to see her target get away, or something like that.

Her mood was a bit brightened as she chuckled at Kai's reply. “[A translator might ruin the surprise though~]” She joked back. “[You can tell her what happened after we've exchanged rings~]” She added, clearly in no way serious, for that it was worth. With a bit more seriousness, she looked at those that'd been hit by the rat-disease, Kai, Kota and Tachanka. “[Are y'all okay?]” She asked, hoping that they'd at least get an idea of what she might be saying.

She'd head over to the Oni-girl (Komori) next. It felt like after every battle, they ended up just standing there for a bit with nothing to do, which she'd grown a bit tired off... so she's try find a way to entertain herself some more. “[You know, I've always loved Valerius. He's a big and hefty boy to handle, but he surely does the job. Yet, you know, the way you swing that sword around so graciously. It's mesmerizing. I'd not wish to cheat on my darling hammer, but to see such a beautiful coating of whatever it is you seem to be doing with it, so effective and graceful~ Ah, it makes me wish we could spent an afternoon teach-other all the tricks of our trades and have some fun~ Alas, you probably don't even know what I'm saying!]” She stalked, mostly just curious to how the Oni would react and/or if she'd try to at least grasp some words.

Kota
Ueqtocv.png

Titles: Beastman (Mundane), Kitsune, Isekai
Character Sheet
Mentions: saxon saxon Scarletti Scarletti Elvario Elvario
Kota grimaced as his body ached from the affliction. It was embarrassing to be out of the fight first, surely the others would take him for an amateur. He watched his allies attack one after another, with each swipe of their weapons they widdled down the ratmancer bit by bit. A crooked smile Kotas face as he feebly stood on his own two feet. He wanted to assist in one way or another but he would only bring everyone else down.

When the Ratmancer managed to land a blow on Kai and Tachanka, Kota was a bit worried as half the group was now afflicted while the bunny’s location was still unknown. Komori managed to land a rather powerful blow on the ratmancer which Kota fist-pumped out of excitement. The Ratmancer would disappear while laughing like a lunatic stating that this wasn’t over yet. Ralph would turn to the group asking if they were fine which Kota just nodded.

“A little battered but not beaten,” Kota said with a smile. Almeida also peered at the group saying something that he didn’t understand. The kitsune just smiled and gave a thumbs-up. “We should find out where the ratmancer went, I don't like how he just went and disappeared like that. That sick touch he has is something scary, he could cause some serious harm to the village.” A disgusted look on his face slowly formed on his face the more he thought about it.

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Title(s): Fae, Ronin, Oni, mundane

Mentions: Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense Scarletti Scarletti
Notes: We are now on the final round of the RP!

Actions/Abilities:

Kōmori looked at Ralph as he started to ask several questions to which she simply shrugged her shoulders. "That is a question I cannot answer for certain, I didn't see the light leave the man's eyes. The fact that his body basically just evaporated is another concern but seeing as there are no tracks and all the rats that were here have scattered," She stated looking at the rest of the group that was still here. Though she couldn't help but wonder what the bunny had gotten himself into they hadn't seen their companion for quite some time now and it was concerning. Did the bunny get eaten by the rats or something? She thought to herself letting out another sigh. "Ratmancers are graves threats depending on the size of the village or town, there was another town in which one wiped out the whole population, while you may look down on him for his methods, don't underestimate someone you don't know," She warned the red-haired cat boy as there was the sound of shouting coming from over head and the sound of glass shattering.

Kōmori looked over as Almeida walked over and seemed to be complimenting her? At least that is how she took the matter, though to be honest she wasn't entirely sure. So she just made her hand into a fist and held it out for the woman to fist bump before turning to look at Kota as he seemed to be getting back to his feet. As Kota stated they should hunt the ratmancer down, she simply shook her head and held up her hand. "Do you think you are in any condition to fight right now? Not to mention, can you determine his scent from the hundreds of rats he had under this command? We are here to guard the warehouse, and since it seems like the rats have disappeared I think its safe to say that we accomplished that. The best thing to do right now is to let the guild and the mayor know about the ratmancer," Kōmori advised the Kitsune as she wiped her blade on the cloth that was left behind by the Ratmancer. Then there was the sound of footsteps and a familiar face coming down the ladder.

Winrey, despite his best efforts after throwing a bottle into the man's face, was probably not the smartest of ideas. But the rabbit would be able to make it back to the cave to link up with the rest of the group. Though the shouting from upstairs was muffled but none the less it was clear something above was going on. A few moments later several guards came down and saw the adventurers. To which the situation was explained and the group now found themselves at the Mayors house.

The place was lavishly decorated, and in the center of the room was an old oak table where the Mayor was sitting at the head of the table and motioned for the rest of the group to sit down. "Now before we begin with what happened and the story which I'm sure I'm going to hear, I would like to thank you for finding the root of the rat problem that we have been having. With that being said, I suppose we can over look the damage that was done in the warehouse. But the fact there was a ratmancer out here and right under our noses is disturbing. They are dangerous enough that a single one can wipe out a whole village in the matter of days," The mayor closed his eyes and placed his hands on the table as he spoke. "Now with that being said, who would like to explain the breaking and entering, the assault, and how this all became a problem?" The mayor inquired.

Kōmori was about to raise her hand when the Mayor's eyes shot open and gave her a look that told her to put it down. There was a heavy aura that now filled the room of rage and intensity that would have made even some of the more seasoned adventurers shake in their boots. His eyes made their way around the room to each one waiting for someone to give him the information he sought.

Kota- F Grade light armor is dented for the remainder of the RP or unless someone has Tailor skill F or higher; however, repairs will take an hour.

Almeida

dgtafO4.png

Languages: Common | [Terran] | %Analog%
Mentions: saxon saxon | Kai Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 | Ralph Scarletti Scarletti | Tachanka Femboy Femboy | Kota @SixthSense

She replied Kota's thumbs-up with a similar thumbs-up of her own, glad to see he was doing okay enough. She nodded at this suggestion, even though she did not have a single clue what it was about. Although her words didn't seem to make any connection, at least their tone did, as she happily fist-bumped Kōmori. Who needed mutually intelligible languages when you could just wing it? She was happy to be making lots of new friends either way.

All things considered, Almeida was glad to make it out of the tunnels again. To her surprise, they not only met up with the bunny fellow along the way, but even with some guards who brought them over to the mayor's place. “[Whooo... this place is really fancy.]” She stated, as she looked around at the all the glamour and glitter. She was blissfully unaware of what he was saying, as she ignored the foreign speech in the background whilst glossing over all the fancy decorations in the room.

“[You've got style, sir.]” She eventually stated, liking the look of that oak table. Considering she hadn't understood his question, she figured she'd just tell him what she went through. “[I think you've got a lot more than just a rat problem though. There was an actual ratmancer. You know, the kind of weirdo that covers themselves in rat armour, manipulates rats and does all sorts of nasty tricks with them. Besides, those rats that captured us in the warehouse were pretty bloody big. Would've wrecked or plundered the entire place with no trouble if we hadn't somehow managed to stop them. We even went in the tunnels they used to find the ratmancer himself, but the dude just exploded in some gross green mist. Can't even leave us a corpse to show if he's actually dead or not.]” She complained.

Then she leaned to her hammer. “[What..?]” She asked it, then nodded her head. “[You're right.]” She then turned to the mayor. “[Either way, it was pretty dangerous for a ratmancer to be right here under your noses. I'm not too familiar with them, but with what he seemed to have been up too, he might've been able to eventually wipe out a whole village in a matter of days. I'm really glad we managed to get to him early on, assuming the green cloud stuff meant he's actually dead dead, not just, you know, undead dead or something.]”

For some reason, she felt like the mayor was a tad angry. She wasn't sure why though. There was only one thing she could come up with. “[Look, sir, I understand you're upset we don't have solid evidence of his death, but we really did do all we could.]” That's what she'd be most concerned with herself, were she to be the mayor of this place.

Winrey
red and black winrey 2.png

Brown Rabbit |Character Sheet | "I didn't even get to see any rats..."
Mentions: saxon saxon Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 Scarletti Scarletti Femboy Femboy SixSense SixSense
Winrey had it up to here with this entire rat-venture but at least it was over with. When he bounded down that ladder, he immediately situated himself behind the rest of the group, just in case those guards tried rushing in and grabbing for him again. He did feel a little bad about throwing that vial of Luciferan in the mans face, but it was relatively harmless and would only make him glow faintly in the dark for a couple of hours until he took a bath. When they had been reunited, he heard the explanation about the Ratmancer (whatever that was) and how the Ratmancer was still down there somewhere. Winrey, having not seen a single rat his entire time exploring that dark cave system, couldn't really add onto the story. He thought about how to best alleviate the mayor's anger.

"Truthfully, I didn't mean to end up anywhere...the others found a hole and told me to go down it....and well..." He shrugged with a tired sigh. "I couldn't return to them, the hole caved in, so I tried finding another way to get back. I did find something's down there that were a bit strange. But I'm not sure if any of it is connected to this 'Ratmancer' person." Winrey explained, and he hoped this would be enough to calm the mayor down. "I'm more concerned about that man living under a giant cave system. I'm sorry about throwing that vial in his face, I was startled and he was chasing me with a knife...I don't like hurting people, so I thought that was the best way to try and get out of his house without him, you know, killing me and stuff."

Really the only person to blame in all of this is that Ratmancer fellow. Winrey would never have even accidentally broken into someones home if not for the Ratmancer somehow secretly tunneling his way through someone's basement.

(life hard, late post, things hard rn)
Tachanka

ee (1).png

Character Sheet
(Tachanka Titles: Otherworlder, Beast, Canine)
(Milky Titles: Otherworlder, Beast, Furpent)

Tachanka didn't know what sort of illness it was that she was inflicted with, only supposing that it had to be something horrible that should probably be checked up on. Seeming as they didn't have anyone to address such plague-related issues, supposing that she should get back to Milky in order to start looking for an answer. That, and being inflicted with something that could be fatal should serve as a permanent reminder that Milky shouldn't be allowed to willingly choose missions that she was forced to come along for. Returning back to where they would eventually meet the Mayor who demanded an explanation, she mentioned a small bit of her opinion.

"Technically, we were asked and paid to watch over and protect a warehouse, not exterminate a civilization-level threat that we weren't prepared for. Death is not worth the pay of a day-job" Tachanka answered in response over the thought that he would even suggest it was partly their responsibility. As far as she cared, the moment they went into the tunnels and technically left the warehouse they were doing a job they weren't paid for.
"But for real, where are your doctors or alchemists, or whoever? Because I'd like to see one, immediately" she added.

Hearing Kota’s concern over the ratmancer, Ralph chimed in, “well… he could only inflict his sick touch on one being at a time. If he’s gonna cause some serious harm, he would have to sneak into people’s houses at night touching all of em without getting caught, right? Unless he unleashed enough rats to flood the entire town, then that could be an issue…”

And it seemed like Kota wasn’t the only worrywart around here, as Komori voiced her concerns too. Ralph was still unconvinced for the most part. “Grave threat? Him?” That disgusting dirtbag? Surely he wasn’t… “Ah, forgive me. I was getting complacent there, but if a seasoned fighter like yourself deems him a worthy threat, then I ought not lower my guard as well.” said Ralph with a bow, as he realized he was getting ahead of himself. He was just a rookie after all, and he felt like Komori wasn’t the type to come up with lies about the ratmancer. Still though, when she mentioned his body evaporating into thin air, Ralph would comment, “well, isn’t it possible he died just there and the rats helped disposed his body for us? Would be real convenient too.”

“Oh hey, you’re still alive.”
Ralph joked as the bunny finally popped up once again. However, she brought company as the town guards trailed behind her. So she had her own fair share of the fun, huh... Right after, the group would pay a visit to the Mayor’s house, where he first thanked them, before suddenly turning all hostile and interrogating them. Komori tried explaining stuff, but for some reason he wasn’t interested in what she had to say. Ralph would raise his own hand to reply.

“While I’m not too sure about the details of the break in, I do know that our fellow bunny here had found a potential point of entry that the ratmancer could have used to infiltrate the house with his army of rats. At least now we could plug it up and deny that villain from using it. And I doubt Mr Winrey here was gonna steal anything in the first place,” said Ralph, as he nodded towards Winrey. He would then turn back to the Mayor. ”And what about the owners of the house? Have they been interrogated? Perhaps they too are involved in this matter, seeing as they had the entire cave of rats right under their house which just so happens to be linked to the warehouse. They could be related to the ratmancer, for all we know.”

Komori .png
Kōmori Fukitsu
Character Grade - D

Title(s): Fae, Ronin, Oni, mundane

Mentions: Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense Scarletti Scarletti
Notes: Rp is over!

Actions/Abilities:

The mayor looked at each member of the group as they spoke and raised their concerns on the matter. "I will not comment on investigations that are currently happening. Now onto the payment while you did cause damage, the service to the town is much higher. So you will be receiving your full payment as per the initial agreement. However, no charges in regards to breaking and entering into the house will be charged either. So in terms fo that there is no foul play. Now with that being said, feel free to enjoy the festival tomorrow if you intend to stay or maybe the paths will cross again who knows," he concluded with a simple shrug as several pages of rykes were placed in front of each of the party members.

Kōmori looked at the bag and then over at the bodyguard, still annoyed by her in general was happy to finally have the contract completed. Though she figured she would probably leave the following morning to return to the capital to see what was going on there in the guildhall. Though she and the rest of the group couldn't help but feel like the ratmancer business was not yet over and there was a coming storm on the horizon.

The end

Hope you guys had fun!

Suggested Rewards:
For me to know and you to find out.
Kota- F Grade light armor is dented for the remainder of the RP or unless someone has Tailor skill F or higher; however, repairs will take an hour.

Isekai Hell Grade

Aftermath

While the party has saved the towns rations and the festival went on without a hitch. There is the matter of the Ratmancer, who may or may not be dead. But for the time being, the group has accomplished the goal it was set out to do. The local area has increased guards and hunters to look for the ratmancer. So far no sign has been seen or any rat activity.

Rewards:
Everyone (Except Winrey) (Choose one or the other):
+1 Grade to Rep with Adventurer's Guild (Also acquire title of Grade for adventures Guild Note: Ryken Adventuers Guild F (If you do not have rep with them already)
Or
+1 to Rep with The Merchants Guild (Same as above but change name to Ryken Merchant Guild X for title)

Komori- 78 Points
Acquired Optional Title -[Delver] - Not all people are accustomed to descending into dark places and even fewer of them have experience with it. Character is now more able to cope with the deep and dark.

Almeida- 42 Points
Acquired Optional Title -[Delver] - Not all people are accustomed to descending into dark places and even fewer of them have experience with it. Character is now more able to cope with the deep and dark.

Ralph- 62 Points

Winrey- 37 Points
Acquired Mandatory Title - [Theft F] - character has stolen. Character may not remove the title unless a point penalty is paid or penance is served. Non-monsters with this title lose all rights and protections afforded to them under natural law and are generally not welcomed into any settlement or faction that can test titles.
Acquired Optional title - [Coward], This character is known to be skittish, especially when it comes to combat, and is more prone to leave their comrades and run away.
Acquired Rusty Dagger G

Tachanka - 30 Points

Kai - 25 Points

Kota- 21 Points

Mentions: saxon saxon Novama Novama Scarletti Scarletti Elvario Elvario Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 SixSense SixSense Lolory Lolory Femboy Femboy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back