• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lambda Wars

halo7725

halflife21banner.jpg

Temporary banner from: Half-Life 2: Episode One | Game Cupid
Lambda Wars is a roleplaying game that is set in the universe of Half-Life 2.

A brief summary:
Lambda Wars is a screenshot-based roleplaying game. Players create a faction and use resources such as Garry's Mod or Source Film Maker to make scenes that portray a faction's actions.

Rules:
This project can be seen as a beta. This means that rules are subject to change, and it might mean that you could be dealing with changes to your faction. The gamemanagers will try their best to help you out if this change affects your faction.

1) Roleplay accordingly to the Half-Life universe. Games/literature that are allowed include:
  • Half-Life
  • Half-Life: Opposing Forces
  • Half-Life: Blue Shift
  • Half-Life 2
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 1
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  • Half-Life 2 Leak & Beta
  • Half-Life 2: Raising The Bar
Note: Our own lore is the bottom line, and goes above anything that is stated in any of the games or literature.

2) It's not allowed to involve any characters from the actual Half-Life games in your factions or roleplay. We do this to give the roleplayers more creative freedom and have our own events.
3) Put effort in your screenshots.
4) Though it is not hugely expected, please take some time to make your faction unique, skinning your models would suffice. If you need help, feel free to ask a fellow member.
5) It's not allowed to permanently destroy someone's faction without their consent.

Resistance/Independent faction rules:
1) A Resistance/indepentent faction is not allowed to have any advanced military equipment from the start. These include: military vehicles (tanks, jets, trucks, APC's and so on) and a large amount of weapons.
2) The faction is not allowed to have a large amount of members from the start. Members have to be recruited on the go.
3) In the current time of events, the Combine is at the top of the foodchain. This means that your faction will have to roleplay accordingly to this fact.

How do I join?:
In order to join, you need to make a post that is an introduction to your faction. Post it here. Use the following format:
1) Faction name:
2) Faction allegiance: (Civil Protection, Overwatch Military, Independent, Resistance)
3) Short history on your faction:
4) Screenshots of your faction performing actions:
5) (Optional) Area of operating:

Gamemanagers:
halo7725
Key2105
SpookyGecko

Last edited:
fucking pose.jpg

STA Has brought 4 men with criminal record, the first one having high violation number and he was herby sentenced for most gruesome experiment that G22 could think off, while the 2 other are to experience many horror's that will lead to an eventual heart attack and the last one was hereby sentenced to be infested by a mechcrab.

Outside of the old city walls of City Seventeen, 16:49, 7th of April, 2029

A091A705522AB303F5B4910E431E50AA56EB75D5

Just before the Universal Union arrived, huge city walls were already built by Humanity to offer protection against creatures originating from Xen. Parts of the wall still managed to survive the seven hour war, others have been reinforced by
mobile walls. The original walls are usually so old that they need direct protection.

920AFFF4963CDD9F3BF43E76426157CF7F5B4042

The entire 108th Airborne Brigade is usually kept far apart from each other to keep the group more controlable. Because of this, switching guard team shifts has become a moment where brothers (sometimes literally) meet again, even if it may be for only a few seconds.

8F86B58E2853E4F48F09A8F7B987724F7C04D011

Various Overwatch teams guard these particular city perimeters. However, due to abnormal radar sightings on the south side, Overwatch has requested a more specialized team. As a response to this, ten men of the 108th Airborne Division have been deployed by Airwatch.

AB783B329419D9A0CE04BB9F3C2640A132A08335

While one team is at their outpost, resting, another team is patrolling the outside of the wall. This shift-change may however be the last one for team Dva and Tri.

Forest Near City 14, 6:34 AM, 7th of April, 2029
An ELF convoy has been sighted near City 14. It is currently unknown why the ELF has emerged suddenly after 5 years of silence, but new equipment has been seen.
(i can and will retcon the patton if asked)

Sektor 17 Laboratory Complex, Somewhere in City 17 Outskirts, 21:04, 8th of April, 2029

A Universal Union Representative suddenly contacted the Sektor 17 Head Researcher and Primary Chief of the facility, Andrei Zagulesk, no one know's what was said but the man ordered a full extraction of neurotoxin from poison head crabs.

A specimen of poisonous headcrab was brought to the scientist's a week ago and was awaiting official experimentation which occurs just today, neurotoxins are being taken out of it as the poison headcrab gets restrained by specially Transhumanized Biological Science Staff.

The nearby doctor's monitored the BPM and Stress levels, the creature was at such unimaginative levels of stress and was potential to die in a organ failure, the doctor's had less care anyhow, the neurotoxin was more important.

Sektor 17 Laboratory Complex, Somewhere in City 17 Outskirts, 22:08, 8th of April, 2029

Couple hour's due into the task has passed, the poisonous headcrab has deceased due to fatal injuries and organ failure, however, the neurotoxins were extracted as the combine wished, the project was ready to move to next stage: Weaponization. Note's were taken for this stage to prevent any potential screw up's.

A message was sent to the representative that the project is going smoothly as was expected to proceed, hopefully, the neurotoxin weaponization project won't fail.

Sektor 17 Laboratory Complex, Somewhere in City 17 Outskirts, 23:08, 9th of April, 2029

A man enters the containment cell, he looks confused and scared to what is going on... and suddenly the megaphone in the corner spoke:

"Welcome.... expandable asshole, welcome to this little play zone of our's, you'll be a great witness to scientific breakthrough and... Lil' warning... if I were you I would take a deep breath!"

Before the prisoner could react, green-ish gas started to fill in and the man was slowly choking due to large amounts of it taking away the normal air this man breathed.
He yelled for several minutes before falling down dead.

The Subject has dropped down and let out the last moan and then dies, the megaphone lets out the researcher's laugh, clearly enjoying the suffering of this subject... for good reason, as this man was charged in his past for rape and murder of innocent Russian children... before combine came.

The door open's, a scientist enters and grabs the corpse and following being seen is the scientist carrying the corpse out of the room. A scientist waiting outside applauds the effort.

*Thump* the door closes and the cell was locked, waiting for more people to be an experiment.

City 15 Outskirts, 9:53 AM, 15th of April, 2029
The ELF has continued their massive mobilization across Sector Seventeen. Surprisingly, there have been little to no skirmishes between them and the combine, however there are several rumors that OTA Recon Troops are monitoring them.

d74c57a860a3.png

"It always sucks to get transported by the Air Cav. All they have are shoddy Blackhawks. Shoddy Blackhawks that could easily be shot down if one Reb found a MANPAD. Though, to be fair, it's better than what the Trannies have to put up with, from what I've heard. I've been assigned guard duty for Colonel Fischer. Apparently, the generals want to give some Reb POWs to this Ruskie science team working for the Benefactors, in exchange for some Tranny gear. I've seen that stuff in action before, it might do us some good. I just hope they don't give us dropships. I've heard one was shot down by a Reb RPG once. And the Trannies think they have it better."

Sector 17 outlands
2828E936ABB711BEDF42D415917D9021849AF500

Recent reports claim that a rising faction might have interest in an old pre-war factory that posseses tools that may be used in the production of firearms.
A small team of soldiers from the 108th Airborne Brigade has been dispatched to check up on the area and monitor the surroundings in an effort to find out what this faction is, and sabotage their retrieval operation.

In order to maintain the element of surprise, these soldiers have been stealthily deployed from the air.

21:53 AM, Complex 17.

4 Prisoners were taken into the main complex from the conscripts couple weeks ago, they were marched into the complex but one of them tripped over and refused to move for several hours which was starting to madden one of our scientists.. the result was not pleasant.

The Prisoner yelled a couple of minutes before his death:
"GO TO HELL! ALL OF YOU! YOU FUCKING PSYCH-"
The Makarov Went off.
*Thud*
"Fucking whore, thinks he can disobey his masters?!"
More gunshots went off, the corpse fell down.
The prisoner was dead and soon his corpse was stomped over by the scientist.
The scientist screamed out "YOU WILL NOT FUCK WITH US, YOU DIMWITTED BITCHES, THIS IS OUR UNION. YOU WILL DIE LIKE THE BITCHES YOU ARE, FUCKING WHORES!"
One of the prisoners were laid down by the combine troopers and a small interrogation came out as a result.
One of the scientists approaches and start asking the prisoner questions.
"Who do you work for? Where is your little base? If you co-operate you will be pardoned by our name and given a second chance to begin anew, otherwise you will be terminated."
From which the rebel exclaimed: "Fuck you! I won't say a thing! I might as well die!"
Scientists looked at each other then this happened.
The interrogating scientist pulled a crowbar and commenced to a whacking for several hours, then lodged the crowbar up the prisoner's front lobe.
The last thing's that the prisoner said before his death were: "STOP STOP STOP! PLEASE AGHH AGHH AAAAAAAAAGHHH, GUGAH."
The prisoner fell died and fell down on the bed afterwards, his body was lifeless.
The scientists looked at each other and said: "Omar, get this pile of garbage and toss it for those zombie slaves of ours to eat." to which Omar replied, "Yes, sir."
Couple day's later, Local G22 owned naval port, 6 In the Morning.584343
The G22 members have prepared the containers full of weapons for the conscripts to be sent over, meanwhile that happened a scientist spoke with his fellow peer and ordered him the following: "Make sure you get that stalker to Nova Prospekt on the double, he's a special type as of late." the young man asked "What does make this fragile piece of shit special, sir?"
The scientist exclaimed: "This piece of shit was modified further for newer augmentations that our local facility in Baltics have been manufacturing, you don't need to know what kind of augmentations this one has, just follow the man in black armour."

The scientist nods salutes and walks off. The whole area is under airwatchs eye and the containers would be loaded to 2 trucks and carried away... as for the stalker.

3 Days later.
A G22 Member enters. Dragging a stalker to the main cell block, as 2 Nova Prospekt Security Force Units stare, asking the scientist whats the purpose of this thing.
The scientist denied them any info other than: "It will serve you like your first new post-human slave, do you understand?" The NPSF Troops agree and continue their business...

And that's all that happened as of late.

Caucasus Mountains, Southern Russia

After a raid party performed by the Overwatch Transhuman forces, new data has been revealed about pre-war military facilities.

Team Delta has been travelling for seven hours on foot, ascending the Caucasus mountains, currently at 8,202 feet, after being dropped off by their dropship, in search for one of the revealed military facilities. This expedition is so far one of the heaviest that the men of the 108th Airborne Brigade have gone through.

Last edited:
A noise of truck stopping with an APC and a Van.gm_valley0010.jpg

a Combine Overwatch Transhuman Arms team arrives in their APC with URAL And UAZ, they disembark alongside their Overwatch troops, the 4 researcher's came out, while other 2 stayed in the URAL's driving seats, on another side the Overwatch Team "Zoom 7" came out, 2 OTA troops chatting up their missing briefing the elite near the GAZ gave out, an lone Shotgunner guards the APC against any potential robbers from these areas the, One of the scientists saying "Alright, i want you to put those crates next to that Zhiguli, Make sure their placed in proper order for the gear contained within, don't fuck this up, am I clear?" the scientist carrying the small box replied "Of course, Head Researcher. I will make sure to place them in proper order as you ask." and he carried the box. Meanwhile, another scientist was talking to an elite while unloading one of the boxes, as he pointed towards the outer area.gm_valley0011.jpg
The scientist would say to the Overwatch Troops "I could have sworn that I heard something from out there. It sounded like gunfight has occured a few hours ago, I order you to check what the hell is going on there and report at once." just as he said that, he put the box down.

The OTA would reply to him "Affirmative, we will get to it." and the scientist replied, "Good, get to it."
gm_valley0013.jpg
The OTA nods in affirmation and walked away gathering the other 2 troops and entering the APC, turning on the engine and starting to drive on.

As the APC drove on, the boxes were unloaded and the scientists from earlier went on a break to drink some lemonade soda.
gm_valley0014.jpg
The Head researcher talked with the scientist and he said "This will be a great expedition. I have it in my authority that this will go well." the scientist said "What if there's a large antlion nest somewhere here? This is outside of Combine's Controlled Territories." the H. Researcher would calm his colleague and say, "There's nothing to worry about, trust me." and as he said that, the APC Drove past towards the Dam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back