• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Kukd RPs Second Chance at Life (Mostly M// but some MxF and F//)

Mishima

Furniture of the Golden Witch

Yahallo~!

Now here’s an idea for a thread. I’m sure if you’re reading this it’s happened to you, or you've even been guilty of it, especially if you’ve been around the RP block as long as I have, oh ho! You’ve found someone really cool to RP with, you love the plot, you’ve built your characters and the world, you’re all ready to start, maybe even a few posts in aaand—
Nothing. Either your partner abandons you without a trace, life bites you in the ass, or RPN explodes or something. Anyways, in the end you’re left with a whole lotta unfulfilled excitement and the cold shiver of sadness whenever you happen to glance upon your poor wasted character in the Sandbox.

Well. F— that. Today I’m here to try and find new homes for some of these little buggers who have lost their way over the years. If you’ll help them, I’ll basically do anything for you till the end of time haha. Like seriously I’ll actually die.

Now, just because these ideas come pre-packaged doesn’t mean I have 0 room for flexibility- in fact, far from it! I understand every RP is different, and you’re here now, so I wanna do this with you. Anyways, I consider myself one of the more flexible chaps out there. So just tell me what your heart wants and let’s spin some tales.

I only gotta warn you about a couple things:

• I'm an Iwaku transplant but it's not as filthy as it sounds. That site's just kind of dead these days and I miss it.
  • I write. A. Lot. Depending on the situation I could give you like 50 pages (ok probably not that much). I don’t expect God damn Leo Tolstoy from you but I do expect you not to make me feel shitty for doing my thing. Sometimes I just write a normal couple paragraphs so that’s fine. I probably don’t go under 500 words a post tho. I think my longest RP post was over 5000 words what the actual--
  • I prefer OOC chit chat because just look at me I’m a god damn mess.
  • If the plot is fantasy you better be able to put in your share of world building. Now I fkkn love me some world building, but I don’t wanna do all of it all of the time. If your character is a prince for example, their country is your responsibility. It just works out better that way.
  • I strongly prefer people who don’t mind RPing multiple characters (I’m not saying they all have to be MCs but for most of these plots the world feels empty if it’s just us two in there u feel?)
  • I mostly RP MxM but I got room for MxF and FxF in my heart as well. If it's in purple it means that plot isn’t / doesn’t have to be MxM (though most of them are gomenne). In 1x1 I almost exclusively play males unless we're doing multiple characters. But just ask! I've made a shit ton of female and other identifying characters so I can play them don't worry
The role that I wish to play will always be listed first.
In case it's not clear MC=My Character, YC=Your Character
* show how crazy the thirst (* < *****)​

giphy.gif
Knight x (Demon) Prince - Fantasy*****
MC is a squire on the verge of becoming a knight. YC is a prince on the verge of becoming a king. Always having a fascination for humans, on his last night of freedom before his coronation, YC travels from Gehenna, the world of demons, to the human realm and stumbles into a ball where by accident he meets MC. For one reason or another, he takes a liking to him, and the next morning MC wakes up to discover he’s not in Kansas anymore. In fact he’s just become the only human in Hell.
-Saphir is one of my favorite characters I’ve ever made and I really want a chance to write for him again. I have so many ideas. This RP is really rich in world building and will hopefully have a lot of political bs going on. If that’s your schtick pls help me I’ve brought flowers and I'm on my knees.

0eee63f9c8f5cd6474695f23309ff52a0a6bbf59b817586001e517859ae166bb.gif

Student x Tutor / Tutor’s Brother - Realistic*****
MC is a junior star of the school football team…only one catch. His grades suck, and if he can’t pull them up he’s out. So he begrudgingly enlists the help of one of the smartest girls in school. What he doesn’t expect is that she’s also…really nice? And pretty? It doesn’t take long for him to fall in deep. Only problem is her older brother. A rebel, a flirt, a slob…basically his sister’s opposite in every way. And he just might have taken an interest in her new student.
-This one involves lots of high school shenanigans like love triangles and drama, I think it sounds really fun! You just have to be able to play both siblings. I will be playing MC's family and probably most of the football team on top of whoever else so I think that’s fair.
tumblr_oe57wraiQA1vsr1vao1_500.gif

Citizen x Rebel - Realistic / Dystopian (MM)*****
(This is also in the “Fandom” section bc it was originally a Mystic Messenger AU but it doesn’t have to be). Slowly but surely, over the past several years, a cult has taken over South Korea, establishing a strange oligarchy at odds with the rest of the world. But for the people living under this new order, life goes on. Besides, MC has enough to worry about without overthinking what’s going on in the political sphere. In fact, if anything he supports the cult just like his favorite idol wants him to. Not that he doesn’t have an unhealthy amount of free time on his hands. He’s been living as a shut in for far too long, with no aim to guide him, until a mysterious message brings him to an apartment downtown. Little does he know, but he’s just been tricked. And now it’s too late for him to escape the resistance.
-I literally worked on this for months and came up with all this brainstorming and the world’s longest intro only for my partner to change their mind last minute so I’d really like to give it another chance pls my character's crying he barely got to live.

2VbM.gif
Princes x Princess***
MC1 comes from a criminal family, his father being executed for plotting against the king. However, in a demonstration of magnanimity, the king decided to take on the now orphaned MC1 and his family as servants. There MC1 met YC, the king's daughter, and despite their differing pasts, the two grew quite close. However, while trying to show off, MC1 accidentally got YC hurt, and him and his entire family were henceforth banished from the castle as a result. Now, many years later, the kingdom is in decline. The king has decided to try and betroth YC to one of the princes of the much more powerful neighboring kingdom, MC2, despite his renowned bad attitude. Hearing such rumors, MC1 decides to sneak back into the castle, disguising himself as a foreign noble, to try and save the fate of his one-time friend. But will he be able to pull off such an escapade without being recognized, and what will even come of the pair if he succeeds?
DF3E0D427EE05E37F761E7FD4003848A52B6C560

Knight x Companion***
In a world on the edge of disaster, humanity isn't fairing well in the struggle to survive. Humans never fully recovered from a war between the races (Demons, Humans, and Beasts), and still remain subservient to the Demons who lord over them. But even in such desperate times, there is hope. Like a young romance between the children of two poverty-stricken families, who promise themselves to each other for the rest of their lives. But circumstances separated them, and they grew up alone. The boy discovered in himself a "bad habit," finding himself increasingly attracted to other men, but not wanting to break the promises of his youth. When he and his lady finally reunite, however, it is revealed that her family already promised her to a powerful and mysterious Demon Lord in return for wealth, and she is spirited away. But MC, feeling responsible towards his childhood friend, isn't about to give up so easily. He decides to take on the hopeless quest to find the Demon's secret lair and defeat them in combat, struggling with his own apprehensions the entire time. Along the way he finds YC, who is dealing with their own problems. For various reasons they decide to team up, and when MC starts finding himself attracted to his (male) companion, his purpose and drive are once more brought into question...
-I have lots of ideas for YC but I'm not gonna push anything on anyone. This one has been through the ringer with the amount of times I've tried and failed to run it but I still have high hopes if I can ever get it off the ground. You might also have to play the Demon Lord if a miracle occurs and the RP gets that far. I will also be playing MC's lady love.

Beast x Human (I’m not a furry I swear)***
MC is a mythological beast that lives in a magnificent cave full of riches and gets their kicks preying on any humans who pass their road, consuming their hearts and stealing their valuables. Warriors, villagers, merchants, scholars...many have tried to subdue the beast, but all meet the same end. At a loss of what to do, the humans prayed to the Gods for assistance. Thinking to teach MC a lesson, the Gods decide to turn him into the thing he despises most - a human. Now the creature has to navigate the human realm and try to find a way to reverse the curse without being found out for being the terrible beast that has taken so many lives and caused so many woes. Your character could be literally anything, from a gladiator recruiter who decides to use MC as their prize fighter to a Demi-God trying to discover the mysteries of their own parentage...honestly up to you. But my character will be manipulating yours every step of the way to get back to feasting on those delicious human hearts.

original.gif
World Hopper x Civilian**
MC1 has been blessed (or cursed!) with the ability to teleport between worlds. On one occasion, (or, likely, more than one occasion), they got mixed up into some serious trouble, gaining the unwanted attention of MC2, who also has the ability to go between worlds. Ever since MC1’s been on the run. Enter YC, and we could make this go however we'd like. Maybe YC is part of a resistance, maybe they are solving some mystery about their past, maybe they have some artifact that others are trying to get. YC could be from our world or somewhere completely made up. Whatever it is, when they run into MC1, they believe they've found someone who holds the key to their life success, and aren't about to let them get away. MC1 develops a fondness for YC, or decides it's to their mutual benefit for them to stick around. Just hope that MC2 doesn't catch up too quickly...
-I have so many ideas for this one which is why the wording is hella vague but tbh I'm a bit burnt out on it after trying (and failing) to run it so many times rip

original.gif

Spy x Noble (Duke of Venomania)***
(This is also in the “Fandom” section but it doesn’t have to be). YC is a mysterious, charming young noble who is said to invite ladies all across the land into his mansion and into his bed. However…once they go to YC’s house, they are never seen again. All sorts of rumors begin to surround YC, but there hasn’t been any move to prosecute or stop him. Well, one day MC’s fiancee goes missing, and YC is the #1 suspect on his list. In order to put an end to whatever is going on in that mansion, MC dresses as a beautiful young woman, and plans to make himself YC’s next guest…
-Honestly this premise was like the first M// 1x1 I ever did a million years ago and I just re-read it and it would tickle me pink to run it again lol

tumblr_nvow1ptfJ21udouqko1_500.gif
Time Travelers****
MC is descended from an underground society which has discovered time travel and occasionally use it to better themselves and the world. However, he doesn’t care about any of that, choosing instead to bar hop across time periods and listen to the latest beats of 50 years ago. YC is just a normie from some time (bt 1800 and 1900 pls) who just happens to accidentally get swept up in MC’s shenanigans, and ends up joining the time travelers in the process. Unfortunately for him, MC has been tinkering with something that is about to land the both of them in a whole lot of trouble…

original.gif
Detective x Accused (Paranormal)****
YC is in a big jar of pickles. Not only has his young wife / fiancé been murdered…it was……by a ghost. A literal, actual, ghost. And you saw it. Not that the cops are too keen on believing you. In fact, all evidence at the crime scene seems to support that you’re the one who did it. And MC is determined to pin it on you. However, not all hope is lost for YC. With a little investigating, he thinks he can crack the mystery, prove the ghost’s existence, and clear his good name. Too bad MC was so hellbent on following him…

Masochist x Popular Boy****
MC is, in no short terms, a loser. His family life is in the toilet, he has no prospects for the future, most people find him creepy and/or weird, and the only thing that makes him happy is getting the shit beaten out of him because he craves pain. Wandering around trying to get into fights is pretty much his only hobby, and it’s on one of these days that he meets YC. YC thinks MC is being bullied and dashes in to save him. With his fists. For MC, the attraction is instant. YC seems to have everything - wealthy, loving parents. A possible career in the entertainment industry. Tons of fans. But he doesn’t have anyone he trusts enough to call a friend. With YC being drawn to MC’s honesty, their friendship deepens. However even MC has a secret to keep. That he’s a perverted masochist. And that he’s falling in love.

Prep x Rebel (Period)***
I’d prefer for this to be set around the 1950s but I guess it doesn’t have to be.
Under normal circumstances MC and YC would never meet. They are like two poles on either side of the Earth, as different as night and day. MC is head of the student council, excellent in his studies, and is off to some promising future. YC is from the other side of the tracks, the ‘wrong’ side. He hasn’t always had it easy, but he’s made friends in his gang, and they get along. One night MC is dragged out to the local soda fountain for some dancing with friends…which just so happens to be the same night YC’s gang plans to raid the place for some fun. However the two meet on the dance floor and the chemistry is instantaneous. In the chaos they get ripped apart, but will their attraction for each other be able to overcome social pressures that are trying to tear them away?
-If you don’t mind it would be cute if your character was named Jack bc we had this low-key Lord of the Flies thing going on but wtevs
animasi-gif-pemandangan-kartun-4.gif

Japanese Mysticism****
YC is part of a long line of those with an attachment to the spiritual world. They train to be priests, summoners, or executioners of youkai, the ancient spirits that live, unseen, amidst mankind. MC has never known anything of this more spiritual side of life, and is instead focused on their own very mundane problems. That is...until one day when they inexplicably start to see youkai. Not only that, but the youkai are dangerous, and want to devour MC’s heart. In a crucial moment, YC comes to MC’s rescue. It appears that both of them are more than average humans, and that the reality of their world is very different from what they'd been told. Together the pair will have to unravel the mysteries of why MC can suddenly see youkai as the two delve deeper and deeper into the spirit world.
-Have quite a few ideas for this and would like to see where it goes. Would also like to get more into the politics of those who can see / interact with youkai on a regular basis through YC and their family, possibly developing more mysteries. Since there will be lots of players we will both be responsible for a host of NPCs. This would be a mystery RP with some fighting elements.

9df6d39e500b854ca492ab082f39caaadf3093b1355d39d7f2677b8672061781.gif

Phantom Thief x Detective (Period)****
MC’s great grandfather was a renowned artist with a mysterious repertoire. He was also very selective, granting his art only to those he trusted, making them highly exclusive and worth a hefty price. MC and this great grandfather were close, even if their time was fleeting. Shortly after his great grandfather passed away, MC’s family fell into unexpected debt, and the family home and most of their possessions, paintings included, were confiscated. Fast forward. MC’s parents have paid a good part of the debt off, and so MC grew up in relative normalcy... until his ?? birthday, when his parents hand him a letter from his great grandfather. The letter details congratulates him on reaching adulthood and promises a great reward. However, it won’t be so easy to obtain. Apparently there are clues hidden in the paintings. The paintings MC no longer has. While the subject stews in his head, his parents sit down with him to discuss the truth of the debt. Long story short, the family was conned out of their heritage, and were now paying the price. Well, sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. MC embarks on a mission to 'get revenge' and find the secret of his grandfather's legacy.
-This was originally a 2x2 RP with my characters being the thief and an art dealer who would then become a consultant for the detective, and my partner controlling the detective trying to catch the thief and their accomplice. I’d also prefer for this to have a historical setting (1910s Paris cough hack) but it’s up to you.

Demon x Angel*
MC and YC are a demon and angel who spend their eternal life on Earth, same as the others from Heaven and Hell, trying to influence humans. YC attempts to make them do acts of good, while MC tries to convince them to sin. They keep running into one another, somehow always going after the same target. Eventually, they make a fun game out of it, trying to influence one another. However, the game becomes more serious when MC finds themselves having less bad thoughts, and YC becomes a fan of less than angelic habits.
tenor.gif

Demon Prince x Human**
YC has a magic mirror passed down to her from her grandmother. What she doesn’t know is that it’s connected to a twin mirror owned by the Prince of Hell. Suffering from typical princely restlessness and endlessly curious about the forbidden world of humans, MC sometimes uses YC’s mirror to take a peek into another world. And one night he decides to throw caution to the wind and do more than take a peek, showing up in YC’s house. Lucky for him, since that night just so happened to be when his own assassination was planned. And now that the Prince of Hell is walking on Earth, you can bet Heaven isn’t going to sit idly by. And now with that prince everyone wants dead in their house, YC has just been sucked into the middle of it.
OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAojug9LEJh_Pvv0A4Yip3i8

Land and Sea (NagiAsu)****
(This is also in the “Fandom” section but it doesn’t have to be). This world is much like our own. People go to school, get jobs, find love, and carry on their family line. However, in this world, there are people both of the land and sea. Before all humans lived under the waves, though some of them chose to reject that life, shedding the skins that allow them to breath underwater to walk upon the land. Nowadays there isn’t much interaction between those of land and sea, and there are many misunderstandings between them. However, tensions are high due to population falloff, fish that everyone depends on to live running out, and rumors of a vengeful god and a mysterious ceremony. In the midst of all this are our characters. For the first time, due to low population, the school of the sea had to be shut down, forcing our characters to be the first ever transfer students to the land. What faces them are typical high school drama, but now with racism and other twists!
-I’d strongly prefer for this to be a 2x2 RP, ideally going up to 4x4 (we each get 1 land, 1 sea, 1 male, 1 female character).
tenor.gif

Soul Mates (Your Name)**
(This is also in the “Fandom” section but it doesn’t have to be). Kimi no na Wa (Your Name) is that anime you've probably seen being advertised somewhere. (About to spoil) Basically guy and girl switch bodies in their sleep and realize it's not a dream. Also there's a 2 year time lapse between them. The boy has to save the girl from dying in a tragic event. This time it’s MxM though bc why not?

Yandere?*
Idk a plot really bc he’s been used for Group RPs in the past (and every time it dies), but I have a male yandere I’d really like a chance to write for. He’s gone as dark as becoming an actual serial killer to just being a weirdly possessive stalker so //shrug.

Mystic Messenger AU*****
Slowly but surely, over the past several years, a cult has taken over South Korea, establishing a strange oligarchy at odds with the rest of the world. But for the people living under this new order, life goes on. Besides, MC has enough to worry about without overthinking what’s going on in the political sphere. In fact, if anything he supports the cult just like his favorite idol wants him to. Not that he doesn’t have an unhealthy amount of free time on his hands. He’s been living as a shut in for far too long, with no aim to guide him, until a mysterious message brings him to an apartment downtown. Little does he know, but he’s just been tricked. And now it’s too late for him to escape the resistance.
-I literally worked on this for months and came up with all this brainstorming and the world’s longest intro only for my partner to change their mind last minute so I’d really like to give it another chance pls my character's crying he barely got to live.
26205.gif

Your Name**
Kimi no na Wa (Your Name) is that anime you've probably seen being advertised somewhere. (About to spoil) Basically guy and girl switch bodies in their sleep and realize it's not a dream. Also there's a 2 year time lapse between them. The boy has to save the girl from dying in a tragic event. This time it’s MxM though bc why not?

tumblr_muhc5r3vkS1qztgoio2_250.gif

Nagi no Asukara****
This world is much like our own. People go to school, get jobs, find love, and carry on their family line. However, in this world, there are people both of the land and sea. Before all humans lived under the waves, though some of them chose to reject that life, shedding the skins that allow them to breath underwater to walk upon the land. Nowadays there isn’t much interaction between those of land and sea, and there are many misunderstandings between them. However, tensions are high due to population falloff, fish that everyone depends on to live running out, and rumors of a vengeful god and a mysterious ceremony. In the midst of all this are our characters. For the first time, due to low population, the school of the sea had to be shut down, forcing our characters to be the first ever transfer students on land. What faces them are typical high school drama, but with some magical twists.
-I’d strongly prefer for this to be a 2x2 RP, ideally going up to 4x4 (we each get 1 land, 1 sea, 1 male, 1 female character).

Duke of Venomania***
YC is a mysterious, charming young noble who is said to invite ladies all across the town into his mansion and into his bed. However…once they go to YC’s house, they are never seen again. All sorts of rumors begin to surround YC, but there hasn’t been any move to prosecute or stop him. Well, one day MC’s fiancee goes missing, and YC is the #1 suspect on his list. In order to put an end to whatever is going on in that mansion, MC dresses as a beautiful young woman, and plans to make himself YC’s next guest…

Last edited:
Lots of great ideas here, mate! I'm not even which ones to choose ... they're just all too good! Tried narrowing it down, though, and here's my top 3 so far:
  • Human in hell. I dig it! Just one catch though. I'm not opposed to writing the Demon Prince character, but I think I'd actually rather have someone else as my main character... the Prince's right-hand man, a high-ranking demon in his own right, and someone who is not too keen on the amount of attention the Prince is showing YC. We could make a fun love triangle out of it, if you like!
  • World Hopper x Civilian. I've got an idea for who I want my character to be, what his motive is, etc. This one should be fun! He'll be a right clingy bastard who'll throw himself at anything to correct a little glitch in his past.
  • Detective x Accused. Thinking of making MC a public figure, which makes the whole investigation very high profile and very much open to ... shenanigans. ;)
Unfortunately, I'm not able to send PMs just yet, but if you're interested, I hope you send me one! We can discuss it over there or over Discord. Your call.

Well, I am very glad that I've wandered onto this thread as they are a few ideas I'm very interested in. When you have the time hit me up with a PM (as I cannot yet) and let's get talking.

The plots I'm most interested in and my 'thirst' for them.
Japanese Mysticism ***** - Now this right here is my jam, I'm a huge fan of Japanese mysticism having quite a large range of knowledge on the subject and the plot you've suggested makes me want to do this even more.

Student x Tutor / Tutor’s Brother ***- Not something I would usually go for but maybe that's just what I need the idea it's self after fully reading it is what drew me in.

Prep x Rebel (Period) ****- This sounds quite fun and could play out in many ways, also the 1950's setting for this would be perfect so I can see why you would prefer that.

Spy x Noble (Duke of Venomania) **- Now I've never heard of Duke of Venomania but this overall sounds like a fun idea.

Last edited:
Oh boy sorry it took me 9 years to respond but I legit forgot my RPN login so big rip.

Thanks for your responses! PMed everyone feel free to reply if still interested or not, not~
Also why does RPN hate new ppl??

Last edited:
I'm very interested in the Japanese Mysticism idea and would love to world build with you :> I can get out decent sized posts 2 or more times weekly, if that is okay.

I am adept in playing and maintaining multiple characters at a time and I already have some ideas for my characters background.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back