Other Kitchen failures

For some reason, most of my cooking disasters involve fire.

I was walking into the kitchen too quietly when I was 8 and my mom was cooking. She accidentally burned me across the left eye with a baking sheet. The resulting noise sounded like she'd attempted to burn a witch. She gave me something to put over my eye while I called everyone for dinner.

A few years later, I was taking a cookie sheet out of the oven. My baby brother ran over to play. He doesn't know that you do. not. stick. your. hands. in. the. oven. Because of this little issue, I instinctively slammed the oven shut. Just one problem. My hands (and the cookie sheet) were still in there, and my wrist was burning. I called my sister to get the child out of there. The cookies were okay. So was my wrist when it finally scarred up.

Six months later, that sister was cooking. She burnt her wrist in the same exact way. We had matching scars until I faded mine and she modified hers.

Every one of my siblings has burnt a towel, plastic cup in a microwave, or other similar object at some point.

I burnt off three inches of hair in one spot while blowing out a marshmallow for s'mores.

I also burnt my legs in a different episode that involved an actual bonfire. I pulled up my hood and backed off fast enough to save most of myself, but when I got back... I had a burnt hood, burnt sleeves, and badly blistered legs. Someone joked that I was going to Anakin Skywalker myself.

I have a bad habit of leaving my food on the stove to boil (pasta, rice and things like that) and then get distracted by something on my computer, only to run to the kitchen in panic when I remember. Usually results in burned- or over-cooked stuff.

I make ramen in the microwave and I once tried to make some while I was extremely tired and forgot to put water in it. The ramen burned and literally melted the plastic bowl it was in and the whole kitchen and living room area smelled like some kind of noxious gas. I didn't make ramen for several months after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back