• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Killfire: Brontes "Bronze" Haphaistios - Human Crafter

Kaerri

Dannigan's Lady
Administrator
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
<p>

<span style="font-family:Arial;">
  • Name - Brontes "Bronze" Haphaistios Class - Rogue Race - Human Alignment - tbd Size - Medium Speed - 30 feet per round Gender - Male Age - 35 Height - 6' (183 cm) Weight - 250 lb (113.4 Kg) Hair - Brown with a white streak on the left Eyes - Right eye is brown, left eye is white STR: 18</span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#0000ff;">+2 (Belt of Ogre Power)</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> DEX: 11 CON: 16 </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#808080;">(15 +1 from leveling)</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> INT: 15 </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#808080;">(13 +2 from being human)</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> WIS: 12 CHA: 7 Hit Points: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">67</span></span> Action Points:<span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"> 8/8</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> Initiative: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+0</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> Armor Class: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">17</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> Fortitude Save: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+5</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+2 +3 Con) Reflex Save: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+5</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+5 +0 Dex) Will Save: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+3</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+2 + Wis) Base Attack Bonus (BAB): +5 Hammer attack: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+8</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+5</span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#0000ff;">+1 </span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;">Str, +2 warhammer) Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB): </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+10</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+5 BAB, +4</span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#0000ff;">+1</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> Str) Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD): </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#ff0000;">+10</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> (+5 BAB, +4</span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="color:#0000ff;">+1</span></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> Str) Languages: Common, Dwarven, Celestial. Human notes: +2 to one ability score of choice (Int) Medium: no bonuses or penalties due to size Base speed: 30' feet Bonus feat at 1st level +1 skill rank per level Rogue notes: All simple weapons, plus hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and shortsword Light armor (but not shields) Sneak attack: deal+4d6 to any target that is denied their Dex bonus to AC or when flanking Trapfinding: add 1/2 rogue level to Perception skill checks to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks. Can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps. Evasion: if a successful Reflex save is made against an attack that normally deals half damage on a save, the rogue instead takes no damage. Only if wearing light or no armor. Can't use if helpless. Rogue talents: </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong>--Minor magic: </strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong><em>Mending</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong> (3/day as spell-like ability, caster level=rogue level, save DC 10+Int)</strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> </span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong>--Major magic: </strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong><em>Identify</em></strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"><strong> (2/day as spell-like ability, caster level=rogue level, save DC 11+Int)</strong></span><span style="font-family:Arial;"> --Weapon training: Receive the Weapon Focus feat for free Trap Sense: +2 Reflex saves to avoid traps and +2 AC against attacks made by traps Uncanny Dodge: cannot be caught flatfooted, nor lose Dex bonus to AC against invisible foes (still lose Dex bonus to AC if immobilized or is successfully feinted against) Favored class: Rogue Favored class bonuses: all in skill points so far Signature Ability: Master craftsman As per the feat, but granted at 1st level without prerequisites
</span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok lets see skills first... 1 in each Crafting skill that takes 8, and lets see... Perform Sing +1, and Profession Cook +2. Now for the hit dice...

You know I really prefer my real dice? Rolled 3 times on the Real dice got a 4, 8, and 2, none to be taken seriously. Now for this silly place.

[dice]4330[/dice]

OH NOW it Rolls a Full on, SHEESH! Why didn't it do that before! I mean GORSH!!!!

Gear Added: 80 Ton Variant of the Warhammer IIC Killfire Industries Advanced Technology Version. AND the laughter happens!

Hey, Killfire? Looks like Bronze is still owed a feat for reaching level 7. What would you like it to be?

Um... there really isn't anything there that really fits. Hum... How about Leadership? Bronzes nature of honesty, and sense of Justice attracts good people, but he also does not want the responsibility of a leader. This doesn't mean he's a bad leader, just the opposite, he's a good one, just doesn't like the responsibility of it. What cha tink?

It doesn't sound like a good fit, then. It's like saying, "I want a sword but I don't want the responsibility of taking care of it." Leadership is a responsibility; take care of your people or they leave (or worse).

How about instead a Skill Focus in one of his skills?

Another Skill Focus to a Craft skill you don't have yet?

Bronze has all of the common bases covered (and well). He'll only have to purchase new crafting skills if he gets into a specialized field (like ship-building). For the items you've been asking for, Bronze is set.

Shame you don't have Knowledge (Metallurgy). All that tinkering with the prismalcum would lend to a Skill Focus for metallurgy.

Captain Hesperus

There isn't a Knowledge skill that pertains to metallurgy (that's all in the craft skill Bronze already has). Talking to Kaerri here, when she was putting Bronze together, she made sure he had everything he needed for crafting metal, wood, and cloth/leather. This means if he goes for, say, glass or bookbinding, he'll need new skills. The concept for Bronze included a very broad notion of what he wanted to craft and Kaerri did her best to accomodate.

Still, we are talking about a Feat here (not skill points - yours are currently all spent up). I recommend the feat Skill Focus (+3 to any one skill) on any one of Bronze's crafting skills (see Kaerri's notes on Bronze's character sheet for details).

Choosing skill focus towards a crafting skill he loves is a good start.

I don't know what you mean, nor do I know of any feats that focus on the forge alone (besides Skill Focus). Could you elaborate?

Hum, well lets see, immunity to the stuff ya make, sword won't cut you, axe won't chop ya, ect. Fire Resistance/immunity, not attacks but could walk through forest fires, and handle superhot metals. Know something about anything made of metal's. There are a few others but right now I'm a bit distracted. Dentist app today darnit.

Feats don't exactly work that way, bud. They are mostly an extension of natural talent, practiced skill, or learned education, not supernatural abilities.

I suggest taking a look at the feats list atod see what's on offer: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html

It's not really extensive reading - just scroll down to the table and check the short description. Skill Focus is probably the best thing but you do have to pick an existing skill to apply it to (i.e., something off your skill list would be best).

Forge Ring? How about that one? "I shall Craft... THE ONE RING! +1 to all stats" WoW, wouldn't that be awsem?

Rings can be powerful, for certain. Crafting any magical ring takes a minimum of two days' work (and it gets much higher from there). Still, the results are worth it.

Still, I think Bronze would make a lousy Sauron. He's too Fluffy to endanger Middle Earth! =)

heh heh Actually there was two references, Sauron (Of course) and WoW. WoW Does have a "one ring" and it does just what I mention +1 all stats. They also have a Two Ring I think. But that's not the point, it sounds like that might be a good skill for him to have, since rings are rare and valuable, specially ones that are custom made to the user. Bronze might make a evil fluffy pillow... no... more like one that helps ya sleep and heal really REALLY well. (Note To Self: Learn to make sewing type thingies)

Oh as for Combat, he's in range to hear what's going on so he'll become involved as needed. Think of Bronze as a Backup unit/Reserve unit. Stays out of combat unless called, or sees someone needing help, or defending something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back