• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.
I loved looking through your thread and seeing your art develop through the years! It's so fascinating to see!

Your art style is in general very beautiful But your most recent piece is just stunning! The composition, color palette, lineart, details, textures and everything else is just so perfect aaaaa
Also the way you draw water is just amazing, I always struggle with it, but in your artwork it looks just stunning.

Awhh thank you!! For the water it was pretty simple actually, I followed this tutorial and added gradient on the waters lines as well. There was a layer of green underneath everything else in the image on the bottom most layer and also a layer of green on top on a multiply setting where I just erased a circular shape on the parts where she stuck out, and on both of the green layers there's a gradient where its darker away from the shore where it's deeper, and lighter closer where it would be shallow So just 4 layers for water with some simple gradients and amongus :)

FfSAoziVEAAqZ76-1.jpg

Oh, it makes sense! Thank you so much for explaining it to me and for sharing the tutorial too! I will try it as well!

I hope water becomes less of a struggle for you, I'll always try to help anyone with any art questions they might have if I can.

Thank you so much! It's very kind of you!
And I can't wait to see more of your art!

I actually did this one before Feeding Time.

It was for an art exchange event in a discord server I’m in, it ends closer to July so I’m going to have to wait a very long time to show the other person or post it on my art socials. Waaah. Luckily they have no idea I’m on rpn so I can post it here!

I was given three ocs to pick from and they were all furries. I’m not so good at furries. Yet. I know they pay the big money so I always intend to get better at them, I’d like to be able to draw my friends fursonas too sometimes. For each oc I was given a short description and this little guy is a goth model who abuses drugs to cope with panic attacks, so it was also suggested that I could do something experimental and “trippy.” I’ve never done trippy art before and none of what I could think of worked well with a half-body (the minimum size for this trade.) My mind immediately goes to close-ups of faces with the skin and eyes dripping off into rainbows and rainbow vomit. I’m not so sure that everyone would like seeing their oc like that. The character also has a stuffed bunny who’s his only friend, and it can be animated with magic. Soooo errrrrrr this is what I came up with. I might try again before the event is over, the perspective was hard and I’m really unsatisfied with the shape of the jacket and its folds.

Playing with the curves in procreate is very fun. I was scared of it in other art programs and intimidated because I didn’t know how it worked or what it did exactly but procreates simplified interface is just slightly more inviting and it turns out the best way to learn is to just dick around with the settings. It’s how I ended up with colorful green shadows, which I might replicate that kind of style intentionally in the future. I’ve always liked fun colorful lighting but it doesn’t come naturally to me (yet.)

IMG_1487.png

They told me I could put him “in any goth outfit” like hell I am designing a brand new outfit for anyone for free I am so bad at that. I won’t even design new outfits for my own got dam ocs.

I had to do the new “draw your otp” Barbie and Ken meme! I’m so excited for this movie.

It’s Eleutheria and Figren, his best (only) wizard friend when the government inevitably finds out that they tried a lil bit of necromancy together.

Figren is one of my dm’s many npcs, I really cannot tell if he ships them too or not but he’s very aware the entire party is super invested in them being sad old men who have puzzle and wine dates together when they’re not working on spells in the same basement at the same time sitting next to each other.
IMG_1482.png

I actually did this one before Feeding Time.

It was for an art exchange event in a discord server I’m in, it ends closer to July so I’m going to have to wait a very long time to show the other person or post it on my art socials. Waaah. Luckily they have no idea I’m on rpn so I can post it here!

I was given three ocs to pick from and they were all furries. I’m not so good at furries. Yet. I know they pay the big money so I always intend to get better at them, I’d like to be able to draw my friends fursonas too sometimes. For each oc I was given a short description and this little guy is a goth model who abuses drugs to cope with panic attacks, so it was also suggested that I could do something experimental and “trippy.” I’ve never done trippy art before and none of what I could think of worked well with a half-body (the minimum size for this trade.) My mind immediately goes to close-ups of faces with the skin and eyes dripping off into rainbows and rainbow vomit. I’m not so sure that everyone would like seeing their oc like that. The character also has a stuffed bunny who’s his only friend, and it can be animated with magic. Soooo errrrrrr this is what I came up with. I might try again before the event is over, the perspective was hard and I’m really unsatisfied with the shape of the jacket and its folds.

Playing with the curves in procreate is very fun. I was scared of it in other art programs and intimidated because I didn’t know how it worked or what it did exactly but procreates simplified interface is just slightly more inviting and it turns out the best way to learn is to just dick around with the settings. It’s how I ended up with colorful green shadows, which I might replicate that kind of style intentionally in the future. I’ve always liked fun colorful lighting but it doesn’t come naturally to me (yet.)

It looks absolutely phenomental!

I agree, furries are quite difficult to draw. Especially their more animal like hands and feet are challenging. Faces too, if they have less human-like proportions.
They look amazing in your style though! It's so interesting to see you working with a color palette so different from what you seem to prefer using in your artwork, and green shadows look really unique! You made all those different colors look really good together, and the overall effect is stunning!

This perspective and pose looks really complex and difficult to draw, but I think it ended up really good! Same with the folds on clothes! They look very flowy and natural.

I learned how to use csp and first krita the same way! The best is sometimes just to experiment, click everything, see what it does and if you like the effect!

Personally, I adore being asked to design new outfits for characters, but it takes much more work than just drawing the character as it is.

I had to do the new “draw your otp” Barbie and Ken meme! I’m so excited for this movie.

It’s Eleutheria and Figren, his best (only) wizard friend when the government inevitably finds out that they tried a lil bit of necromancy together.

Figren is one of my dm’s many npcs, I really cannot tell if he ships them too or not but he’s very aware the entire party is super invested in them being sad old men who have puzzle and wine dates together when they’re not working on spells in the same basement at the same time sitting next to each other.

You made these two look so interesting! Now I'd love to know more about them hahaha

As always, everything you draw is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of your art!

I know I'm always too hard on my own art so I'm glad the folds and stuff look OK to an outside eye. :> Your comments are very thoughtful and I really appreciate them.

I'm currently agonizing over coming up with a new outfit design for one of my dnd characters, I'm honestly really bad at choosing outfits and coming up with new stuff so I don't enjoy it as much as I'd like. Even using pictures of other people's outfits I don't always know what will look good on different body types and etc. If I had the money to just pay someone to draw her with a fancy outfit I would, but alas being broke forces me to do it myself. If I use other people's art as a reference I usually try to pick only one article of clothing or accessory and put them together to make something original but. Sometimes it just doesn't go well.

I think I've written about Eleutheria in here before if you scroll and find posts with art of him but I might be confusing it with somewhere else I've posted art. If I can remember when I wake up later today (I work overnights so I'm about to sleep) I can type up his basic story! And I'm a little bit too invested in shipping him with Figren, I think about their dynamic and daydream future scenarios more than I think about Eleutheria’s relationship with his actual (dead) spouse and developing their backstory together. I tell myself I have to daydream about them equal amounts or it isn't fair to the spouse lmaoo.

I know I'm always too hard on my own art so I'm glad the folds and stuff look OK to an outside eye. :> Your comments are very thoughtful and I really appreciate them.

I'm currently agonizing over coming up with a new outfit design for one of my dnd characters, I'm honestly really bad at choosing outfits and coming up with new stuff so I don't enjoy it as much as I'd like. Even using pictures of other people's outfits I don't always know what will look good on different body types and etc. If I had the money to just pay someone to draw her with a fancy outfit I would, but alas being broke forces me to do it myself. If I use other people's art as a reference I usually try to pick only one article of clothing or accessory and put them together to make something original but. Sometimes it just doesn't go well.

I think I've written about Eleutheria in here before if you scroll and find posts with art of him but I might be confusing it with somewhere else I've posted art. If I can remember when I wake up later today (I work overnights so I'm about to sleep) I can type up his basic story! And I'm a little bit too invested in shipping him with Figren, I think about their dynamic and daydream future scenarios more than I think about Eleutheria’s relationship with his actual (dead) spouse and developing their backstory together. I tell myself I have to daydream about them equal amounts or it isn't fair to the spouse lmaoo.
I know how difficult it is to judge your own art! I tend to do so too

Oh, I see! While I might not be the best at designing in general, designing clothes (especially fancy ones) is my favourite, so if you don't mind the designs being just sketches, I could design an outfit for your character if you would like! It would be an awesome break from working on my current drawing

I hope that you'll sleep well! If you would like to share it with me, I'd love to read it!
I understand that, sometimes there are certain characters you can't stop thinking up stories for

That’s so sweet of you to offer outfit sketches omg, it’s a little complicated so don’t feel obliged but the basic rundown of my thoughts design-wise to look for loose formal clothes you’d see in a DnD type setting, are androgynous, and evoke “wizard” at least somewhat. The character is technically my old elf but he’s currently stuck possessing the body of a firbolg adventurer that killed his physical body and he’s making a very lazy attempt and still seeming like her from the surface just in case they run into anyone who knows her. Since if he got found out it’d be very bad for him.

This is the art I have of the firbolg and the two outfit sketches I tried, the first one I really don’t like and it seems like there’s a bit too much going on but it’s directionless and doesnt fit together, the second one is an outfit I wholly took from someone else so I wasn’t going to keep it as-is but I wasn’t sure if that was the direction I wanted to go in. It’s hard to imagine how things will look on a different body type before I sketch over sometimes.

IMG_1485.pngIMG_1486.pngIMG_0899.pngIMG_0471.png

That’s so sweet of you to offer outfit sketches omg, it’s a little complicated so don’t feel obliged but the basic rundown of my thoughts design-wise to look for loose formal clothes you’d see in a DnD type setting, are androgynous, and evoke “wizard” at least somewhat. The character is technically my old elf but he’s currently stuck possessing the body of a firbolg adventurer that killed his physical body and he’s making a very lazy attempt and still seeming like her from the surface just in case they run into anyone who knows her. Since if he got found out it’d be very bad for him.

This is the art I have of the firbolg and the two outfit sketches I tried, the first one I really don’t like and it seems like there’s a bit too much going on but it’s directionless and doesnt fit together, the second one is an outfit I wholly took from someone else so I wasn’t going to keep it as-is but I wasn’t sure if that was the direction I wanted to go in. It’s hard to imagine how things will look on a different body type before I sketch over sometimes.

View attachment 1090383View attachment 1090384View attachment 1090385View attachment 1090386
Oh, your character looks amazing
I will send you some sketches this weekend!

Do you have a pinterest board for this character? Or general aesthetic you like to follow? So I can see a bit closely what you have in mind for this character in general?
Also, would you be comfortable if we moved to DMs with this?

OKAY SORRY I GAVE YOU A LITERAL NOVEL i just really like eleutheria you definitely don’t have to read all this I could’ve condensed it somehow

As for Eleutheria’s story I was really inspired by critical role, specifically campaign 2 and the wizard npcs Matt created. Just thinking about taking a wizard and pushing them to the Wizard Extreme, like what the natural conclusion to the archetype is seems like most people would end up somewhat villainous. I was interested in the pursuit of knowledge and how you have to be a little crazy to dedicate so much of your time to magic study. I ended up deciding I wanted to play a wizard that became a lich and then working backwards from that- like other than a wizards natural inclination towards searching for knowledge what would push someone to do that? To essentially kill themselves and hope that they’d come out “okay” because being an inhuman monster is not exactly the definition of okay.

So I made a man that started out as a very kind and gentle person, if a little bit naive at times, and then took everything away from him. “Dead family” is an often used trope but it works.

In the world my DM created there was ancient peoples with magic, and then a period of time where all magic was lost until 999 years ago when a “magic surge” happened and countries were thrown into chaos and a world-wide war happened. Eleutheria was born 48 years after the surge in a nearly all-elven country to a father who wrote…. Saucy books for a living, and who had massed global acclaim and a fortune to rival the nobles and to a mother who he doesn’t remember well anymore as she was drafted into the war when he was 6 or 7 and died when he was 9. His father didn’t cope super well and when he was 10 they moved to the capital city so his dad could leave behind the house he’d had his family in and any trace of his wife so he could focus on his job and Eleutheria’s education instead. As an adult now Ellie has a hard time letting go because of it, they left anything with a trace of his mom behind.

Ellie was always very smart and very intrigued by magic and its potential, as he grew up he wanted to study it and discover the new ways it could help people. No schools for magic existed yet, and due to the war and the slow progress elven society has there wouldn’t be any for awhile, so he taught it to himself through whatever means he could- brand new college courses and published journals, etc, and developed a very basic method to make a potion through spell work that could heal very minor cuts and injuries (basically a wizard equivalent of dnd’s goodberry spell for druids.) It helped get him a job as a magic researcher with the government, specifically on their necromancy team. He continued to develop various healing spells that used necromancy techniques (inspired by how the early dnd editions classified all healing as necromancy and some dialogue in critical role about it) with the hopes that less people like his mom would die in the war that ended up going on for 200 years total. Some other stuff happened like his boss being replaced in an election that was rigged and him being forced to help with human experimentation but he was naive and despite being uncomfortable with it wanted to believe it was for the greater good like what his boss and co-workers told him.

While there he met a wood elf named Soveliss who was a wild magic sorcerer, one of the first people born with magic after the surge who’d been for all intents and purposes sold to the government by their neglectful parents, and was studied and treated like a test subject their whole life. Ellie sat in as a standby healer on some testing because of the wild and unpredictable nature of Soveliss’ magic and was one of the first people working there to treat them like a person and Soveliss got a massive crush on Ellie. They became good friends and eventually Soveliss confessed their feelings and they fell in love, I could talk a lot more about their dynamic but I’m typing too much already.

Anyways they adopt a daughter together towards the end of the 200 year war, her village was a casualty, and she grows up with Eleutheria’s family’s religion and becomes a cleric of the god of the hunt and becomes a monster hunter.

When Ellie’s around ~420 shit starts to go down and over the course of a year his daughter dies in battle, Soveliss had been sick for awhile with an unknown illness and gives up fighting after their daughter is gone, and his dad passes away from old age. Unable to cope with so much happening at once Ellie is desperate and decides to try to develop spells to bring back the dead, grave robbing to get test subjects as human experimentation had been banned centuries ago, ends up getting caught, jailed, privately charged with his crimes (the government doesnt wanna look bad after all) and then kicked out of the country he’d spent his whole life in and dedicated everything to his community, so he fucks off to the north with all his belongings, money, and his family’s corpses, and using magic builds himself some wizard towers in a secluded forest.

Over time by studying death, souls, how to keep them in this plane after death, he comes up with the theory of lichdom- with a suitable vessel you could anchor a soul to an object and be essentially immortal. With nothing to lose, and not yet willing to test on living subjects, he tests it on himself. It’s successful of course, and now he’s both metaphorically when he lost everything and now literally dead and empty. Over time he loses more of his humanity, hits some roadblocks in his research and pursues testing on living subjects to get around them, becoming more monstrous over time. The first adventuring party he meets is upset because he robbed the grave of one of their sisters, and it ends in him accidentally killing them and the other two fleeing, starting his reputation as an evil person. More adventuring parties come over time, he defends himself of course, angry and bitter about it all and still grieving, but every adventuring party he kills means more take notice of him and want to stop him.

It ends in the firbolgs party being reduced to two by him, one of them running away with his spell book that contains all the research, and the firbolg finally killing him after breaking his phylactery. Unfortunately for her he had a contingency spell set up to cast magic jar, letting him continue to live only by possessing her.

He started the campaign at level 1 due to the fight with the firbolg and her resisting him, and the loss of his spellbook as well. He’s bitter, jaded , arrogant and paranoid from his experiences as a lich in the last 300 years (he’s 951 now) and is literally having to learn how to live again and its also sort of a metaphor for getting over grief. Mean old man is forced to learn the magic of friendship! And its gonna hopefully make him have a redemption arc. Part of how he kept killing was by keeping them at arms length, never letting himself really see them as people, because deep down he’s an ooey gooey softy. He‘s afraid to get close to anyone new too because he can’t handle losing anyone again but stick him in a caravan with the same people for two months and oh nooo he’s starting to care. He’s very conflicted because he knows if they’d met any other way they’d probably be at each others throats and if they really knew about his past they would turn against him and he also thinks they deserve a better friend than him so the healing process will be very slow. But also they’re clueless sometimes and he thinks they need his help or it’ll be a disaster and he did promise to help them with their issues if they help him get his spellbook back. He’s still a little ruthless but keeps telling himself its justified and he only does what he thinks is necessary but he has a tendency to internally panic and convince himself that the most extreme option is the only way out.

Figren is a wizard they saved from a small hippie wizard village! He’s pretty shy and they didn’t talk much on their way back but Eleutheria/Clover (the fake name he was using) did talk down to him about the hippie aspect because he thought it was a little bit nonsense before having it explained to him (all of them except Figren were nudists who said they needed to be naked to perform dream magic.) In general Eleutheria doesn’t like other wizards anymore, seeing them as hypocrites who are totally fine with having mind-controlling magic and destructive fire magic legal but necromancy which has totally innocent applications (he invented some of them he’d know!) is completely outlawed?

Shortly after, a party member died and Eleutheria who was pissed off that he wasn’t powerful enough anymore to control the situation to prevent it and who’s been desperate to see a revival spell work robbed a library to get a raising the dead spell and then asked Figren, whos a higher level wizard at the moment, to perform it. Figren said no, it’s illegal, he doesn’t wanna go to jail and Ellie tried to use charm person to force him. Luckily it didn’t work because that would’ve been EXTRA bad but he was all “WHAT IF IT WAS CARLOS” (Carlos being Figren’s now-dead village leader? Dead lover? we don’t know entirely) and emotionally bullied him into it. It didn’t work and Figren was really upset but he and another npc are helping us develop a spell that will work to raise her. I’m not sure if it’ll work on people who have been dead as long as Eleither it’s family but…. We’ll see.

The party keeps meeting and defeating magic users who are experimenting on people…. Just like Ellie…… .. . And he’s collecting their research and any weird objects they find. He’d apologized to Figren out of necessity/it wasn’t genuine but he’d said he’d take any interesting magic objects to him and that’s how their friendship starts! He let Figren look at the things and the research notes, and they studied it together, and over time he’s found that actually Figren is a wizard who doesn’t suck. They’re both very quiet people and so some of their conversations get really awkward but it’s endearing. Figren is way too nice for his own good, forgiving Ellie so easily, and the fact that he did try to help him with necromancy means a LOT to him because of how he was literally thrown out of his country for it in the past despite having good intentions, and then a bunch of people have tried to kill him for doing necromancy since then. (If he can bring back his family he can bring back all his casualties, he could literally end death as a concept, and thinks that would be a good beneficial thing to do but no one understands him smh smh)

He freely admitted that fucking around with a magical device he didn’t understand yet was the cause for a bunch of zombies attacking the town they’re currently living in, and where Figren moved to, but Figren was all “omg no it wasn’t your fault… how could you have known…” and even though he doesn’t really know much about Eleutheria, or even his real identity (the party knows somewhat) said something along the lines of how he’s only ever helped save Figren and then saved the town twice and what’s happening now is more important than the past. It’s just so cute! I’m sure he’d be a little shocked if he knew Everything but I think a factor in Eleutheria’s redemption would be not wanting to disappoint his friends and Figren, people who do see the good in him. It’s the classic grumpy jaded person x shy soft boy trope except ones a senior citizen and ones middle aged. And Figren needs a strong old man who knows all the murder spells because he KEEPS GETTING ATTACKED. He also doesn’t have a spine. Doesn’t say no. We found out that the only reason he kept doing all these tasks the party was pushing onto him and kind of taking advantage of him (Eleutheria started it but now he’s starting to feel guilty because Figren is just so genuine!) was because he thought he owed us a LIFE DEBT for saving him and he literally wasn’t allowed to say no. So Ellie told him he could and then offered to help him with his projects for once and brought wine and it was cute. They were on a date but neither of them knew it. Ellie is gonna take awhile to admit to himself he has a lil crush on someone and some of the party members who are dumb as rocks asked Figren if when they study together, if they ever “study” and he was so confused he just doesn’t get it. Mans dense as hell when it comes to social stuff sometimes.

There’s some other themes I wanna explore with Ellie like the “roles” people are put into and feeling like he needs to perform the one of being a villain and if he doesnt people are gonna step all over him but he’s enjoying being able to be a nobody right now.

Commission for my roommate while I wait to hear back from another client.

I'm trying a new line art brush and trying the method I used for drawing hair in Feeding Time again, going a lot more detailed with it than I usually do. I think the process was kind of nice. I still think overall (and especially the hair) it looks better without color though, so I need to figure out a new brush or method for coloring the hair, and maybe figure out how I want to do color in general as my style evolves. I like doing commissions for friends because I feel like I can experiment a little bit more lol. If its for someone I don't know I hold back but recently I've been thinking of doing Pay What You Want commissions where the client pays me whatever amount they want (anything from even a dollar to my regular prices) and give me some ocs and info and I'll draw whatever I want with them, because I think it would let me be a lot more creative and less stressed out by comms. Of course the dollar amount would still correlate to the amount of work done. Or I would die. I did a lil poll and not too many people answered but the ones that did the majority said they'd be interested and they like surprises sooo.... might have to make some advertisement art for that eventually.

Also this is probably the best side profile I've done, even if I haven't really been practicing them I think my ability to look at a reference and draw what I see has gotten much better lately. I wish the reference for the whole pose was a photo though because I know the body is a little off... it's too late to fix it but my roommate doesn't mind though :p

1685613433070.png

1685613442750.png

the lineart for catboy's hair is soooooo nice, and ur right about that side profile standing out! pay what you want sounds like a neat thing you could always offer 👀 because i think also there's a lot of people that don't have a clear idea of what they want in an image, they just want to see their oc drawn lmfao (i'm talking about me)

i am very excited to see what you'll come up with as you experiment with/find different ways of coloring [hair] that you'll be happier with >:^)

Thank youuuuu aahhh and yeah I'm one of those people that most of the time don't have any idea what I want when I commission someone lOL. I won a half body in the server event Feeding Time was for and now I'm just stuck on what to ask for a pose. It's somehow way easier for me to think of what I want for my own art.

A lot of my friends and people in general can't afford my art either so I hope it'd get me more sales by offering a more affordable option even if its just for sketches.

Your art is as amazing as always! The pose looks so complex and the lineart is just stunning!
And PWYW commissions are a really good idea!

Waiting for a client to wake up and approve the colors for a flat color comm aaauurghh I think he'll probably say they're ok though

I googled "art nouveau fire" and got like nothing so I guessed lol but those were the vibes I wanted! I wanted to do more with the lines and maybe add a frame but I already took 1.5 hours longer than I should have on this for the amount I requested 🫣 I tend to do that, I'm so slow.

IMG_1508.png

I'm having a slightly harder time figuring out how to make straight hair look as fancy as the wavy. I guess I have to stare at other people's art more.

Waiting for a client to wake up and approve the colors for a flat color comm aaauurghh I think he'll probably say they're ok though

I googled "art nouveau fire" and got like nothing so I guessed lol but those were the vibes I wanted! I wanted to do more with the lines and maybe add a frame but I already took 1.5 hours longer than I should have on this for the amount I requested 🫣 I tend to do that, I'm so slow.

The fire looks perfect! I'm sure your client will be so happy seeing their character in your stunning art style. The pose, all details and colors are as amazing as always.
Once again, I can't stop looking at your beautiful lineart though, it's so gorgeous and detailed!

client said "YOOOO" and then immediately went offline so I think it's approved 🤭

I was worried about starting this commission since it’s a body type I don’t draw enough and I wasn’t sure if the composition would be interesting but I’m really excited for it now! If anyone has advice for drawing fat bodies or this piece in particular please let me know, I found photo references and the character had a lot of good reference art as well so that definitely helped but I’m sure there’s things I could do better.
IMG_1517.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back